Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 26 Discussion

Oct 2, 10:29 PM
Mich666 said:
rick1-2 said:
Yeah, this anime adaptation is a major disappointment. I want to ask, the Ayumi that appeared in the end, she's different from the God Empress Ayumi? What's God Empress Ayumi's story here? God Empress Ayumi died, right? She said that she didn't like the cold, and that's that, she died from her wounds.

I thought Mitsuki always dies in every dimension. Why is she there alive? Kanna is the only one to see Takuya off after he got her the stone to keep her alive? Mio is transferring to another school? Ayumi is by herself? Eriko is gone? Kaori still reporting?

If I may ask, what problems does the remake VN have? We know it removed the H-content, but what other problems? Is the art that bad and generic? I actually like the original art, it was diversive and new.

Who else is alive after the destruction of Dela Gellante (the Isekai World)? We know Yu-no and Takuya, but who else? Amanda, she went to the future?

The logic of the anime is bit broken but the Emperor was original world Ayumi who was with Ryuuzouji on the very first day when he took out his gun near Triangle) Mountain and the lightning activated reflector for three of them (but only Takuya kept the device, both Ryuuzouji and Ayumi were transported to Dela Grante (in different timeframe, Ryuuzouji first, Ayumi later).

As for Ayumi, yeah, she died in the game (mainly because she was a villain, sort of as an Emperor). The rest of the things didn't really happen in the game as it would make no sense (Takuya and Yu-No left for the Origin of Vrinda tree and basically becam Adam and Eve). But considering everything that happened during first 12 or so episodes didn't happen in the original timeline, everyone else should be fine, at least in the anime. Mio's case was bit weird though because she would have no reason to leave but well.

Talking of VN, I'm actually one of those that think that every eroscene was there for a reason and that it made sense at that point by the story. Compared to most of the other eroge where characters jump on each other without any reason, this was actually well written, so it seems like kinda loss to remove it from remake VN (some hillariousness included). As for original art change, it removes some greatness too and it looks more generic (see this comparison). But I guess it's still better than this adaptation in the long run as it explains things in much more logical way and it's better paced and well-written. And gameplay-wise the remake streamlined a lot of mechanics too, making it more user-intuitive, so it's probably better in this regard.

Well, and as for Amanda... haven't you noticed the picture Kanna had?

"The logic of the anime is bit broken but the Emperor was original world Ayumi who was with Ryuuzouji on the very first day when he took out his gun near Triangle) Mountain and the lightning activated reflector for three of them (but only Takuya kept the device, both Ryuuzouji and Ayumi were transported to Dela Grante (in different timeframe, Ryuuzouji first, Ayumi later)."

What is this very first day? Is it basically the original world before the reflector was even used (basically before all the time-travel and parallel dimension hopping even happened)? Did Ayumi try to stop Ryuuzouji when he pointed his gun at Takuya? So, Takuya was the only one to not get transported to Dela Grante since he has the reflector? However, original world Ayumi and Ryuuzouji were transported to Dela Grante (the latter came first, and the former came later), where Ayumi herself became the God Empress to imprison Ryuuzouji?

"As for Ayumi, yeah, she died in the game (mainly because she was a villain, sort of as an Emperor)."

She was killed by the fake Ryuuzouji? I don't think she explained how the hell she got to Dela Granto in the VN. Wait, since she died in the VN, does that mean she no longer exists in the original world (the very first timeline), considering she's now dead?

"The rest of the things didn't really happen in the game as it would make no sense (Takuya and Yu-No left for the Origin of Vrinda tree and basically becam Adam and Eve). But considering everything that happened during first 12 or so episodes didn't happen in the original timeline, everyone else should be fine, at least in the anime. Mio's case was bit weird though because she would have no reason to leave but well."

I see, the things that happened in the anime didn't happen in the VN whatsoever. We know Takuya and Yu-No became Adam and Eve when they got to the origin of the Vrinda tree. So, everyone else in the original timeline should be fine and okay, at least in the anime, since everything that happened during the first 12 or so episodes didn't happen in the original timeline? Wait, isn't original timeline Ayumi dead though? Basically, dimensional hopping and time travel? Yeah, why is Mio leaving? Strange.

"Talking of VN, I'm actually one of those that think that every eroscene was there for a reason and that it made sense at that point by the story. Compared to most of the other eroge where characters jump on each other without any reason, this was actually well written, so it seems like kinda loss to remove it from remake VN (some hillariousness included). As for original art change, it removes some greatness too and it looks more generic (see this comparison). But I guess it's still better than this adaptation in the long run as it explains things in much more logical way and it's better paced and well-written. And gameplay-wise the remake streamlined a lot of mechanics too, making it more user-intuitive, so it's probably better in this regard."

I agree, most of the H-scenes in the VN made sense and were there for a reason, and they're quite well-written. Them being removed from the remake just lessens the relationships that the characters have with each other. Yeah, the new art looks quite generic and uninteresting. The original art had diversity and was colorful and good-looking. The characters don't look like stereotypical archetypes in today's world. Heck, that comparison you showed me, the original art Eriko was far more appealing and sexy than the new art Eriko.

As for the gameplay, the remake did improve on the mechanics by streamlining them to make it more user-intuitive, but there are problems with this, such as a clunky UI.

Also, the Eriko who showed up in Dela Granto, she was sent back to her own world?

Yeah, Amanda was transported to Earth and gave birth to her daughter, Kanna. The both of them lived a happy life until Amanda herself somehow died, which left Kanna alone. This causes her to become a prostitute, with only her stone (it keeps her company) that she got from her late mother. It helps her stay alive.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Oct 2, 11:37 PM

This was confusing, but then the questions was answred by this last episode. Didn't expect Ryuzoji's true form to be so weak, that even Abel's spirit can fight with him, I found it funny. I really hope there are some explanations about all the things. I didn't like the Dela Granto part, I like the looping part more and I hope it was longer.

Oct 3, 2:34 AM
geptor said:
E.g. space boliceman hunting Ryuzoji for years and dimensions(years, Carl!) and then literally one-shots him. If only she would not bla-bla-bla every time she met him problem would be solved even before first arc.
Her weapon wouldn't work while the being was inside a physical body; she needed the interdimensional criminal to be out in the open to kill it (this is explained better in the VN). Abel provided that opportunity by forcing the being to remain outside Ryuuzouji's body long enough for Eriko to get a good shot.

Oct 3, 2:56 AM
So much disappointment and so many unanswered questions in the ending.

1. No revealing to Kanna that she MIGHT be Arima Takuya's daughter. (we and the MC don't know if she is, but she deserves to know of the possibility at least)
2. No saying the name of the plant growing. (Why tf bring it up if you don't say it?)
3. Nothing about the real Ryuzoji in the "new world". (does he exist or not?)
4. Next to nothing about Arima Takuya in the "new world". (Will he go to Dela Granto too and all that? Did he disappear from existence shortly after old Arima Takuya appears? Something else?)
5. What about Hatano Kanna now that she has been saved? (What happens if "new world" Arima Takuya returns from Dela Granto and finds she has already been saved?)
6. What about Eriko-sensei now that her secret mission is complete? (does she teach at the school or not? Is she present or not present in the "new world"?)
7. What happened to the reflector device and Arima Takuya's clothes? (He put it in his pocket and both just up and disappeared? Yu-No loses her clothes due to basically fusing with what can probably be called an AI via a ritual, but Arima Takuya doesn't do any such ritual, and why does the reflector device disappear along with the clothes?)
8. Why is Toyotomi Hideo slapped, and by whom? (have I forgotten?)

There are probably many more questions to be had, but these are the most obvious ones to me right now. Could really have had a much better ending to be honest. I honestly expected more from this anime.
When people tell me to stream anime on CR instead of downloading from fansub sites.

Oct 4, 10:28 AM

Ok. I finished watching. For me the whole anime was fairy good. Still I'm curious why this anime is so low rated, so i make a new thread: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1804768 feel free to write here what you like/ hate in this anime :)

Oct 4, 2:18 PM

I kinda like how the hentai version ending, than with this one.

Oct 4, 5:55 PM

The name of the child tree should be "Rosebud" ;-)
The sword that takes life gives life

Oct 4, 8:43 PM
Stupid Hollywood style drama again.
1. Reset Time
2. repeat and kill Ryuji while he was trapped in the force field or just have everyone stay away from him so he could not use Niarb
3. ritual happens on time and the crash does not happen

No it has to have a crappy ending. Another anime I wished I never watched.

Oct 5, 6:21 AM
Weird ending, could've had more closure with other characters. So vague farewell with his Amanda daughter Kanna, then chooses the Yuno route ending in space time emptiness seeing Vrinda...
We've waited all this time for Takuya to finally meet his parents again, but nope they're like observing history in a different dimension.
Overall interesting time travel/isekai plot, where most character/plot relations got connected, just poor presentation, pacing & one of the worst use of fanservice. Lots of characters randomly die or get forgotten. I'm still not sure if it's better than Rewrite or Island yet.

Oct 5, 2:13 PM
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
I kinda like how the hentai version ending, than with this one.

How does that one end? I'm probably not going to play it, so I'm fine with spoilers.
When people tell me to stream anime on CR instead of downloading from fansub sites.

Oct 5, 2:23 PM
molitar said:
1. Reset Time
2. repeat and kill Ryuji while he was trapped in the force field or just have everyone stay away from him so he could not use Niarb

You are right. I completely forgot to add that to my post lmao. He used to use the Reflector Device almost all the time before going to Dela Granto, and then he stops using it all of a sudden. It's been a couple of days, so I can't remember, but if he did have the Reflector Device when he met Ryuzoji in prison, he should have "saved" time as soon as he saw Ryuzoji in case some BS happened (considering the fact it happened countless times prior to Dela Granto, you would think he would do it right away), and then later he could have rewinded time, likely making things a lot better for himself and everyone.

Considering how often he used to use the Reflector Device, I would say this is a huge plothole.

Oct 5, 2:31 PM
teubert2 said:
molitar said:
1. Reset Time

You are right. I completely forgot to add that to my post lmao. He used to use the Reflector Device almost all the time before going to Dela Granto, and then he stops using it all of a sudden. It's been a couple of days, so I can't remember, but if he did have the Reflector Device when he met Ryuzoji in prison, he should have "saved" time as soon as he saw Ryuzoji in case some BS happened (considering the fact it happened countless times prior to Dela Granto, you would think he would do it right away), and then later he could have rewinded time, likely making things a lot better for himself and everyone.

Considering how often he used to use the Reflector Device, I would say this is a huge plothole.
He avoided using the reflector device because he wanted to be able to return to Kanna. In episode 18 he says he can't return to Earth if he uses it; it's implied that only one savepoint can be made at a time, and the newest one always overwrites any old one.

In the game the reasons are different: Takuya doesn't bring it with him after being isekai'd, so it's out of the picture for the vast majority of that section. It also has different limitations in the game (only sometimes you can alter the flow of events, indicated by a crystal on the reflector device flashing), and never shows up at all in the graphical interface during the isekai arc even after he acquires a new one.
Modified by Laukku, Oct 5, 2:37 PM

Oct 6, 1:50 PM

I’m really disappointed by that ending. The last 5/6 episodes were pretty bad in my opinion, however I had good hopes for the ending but it was disappointing. It’s sad.

Oct 7, 4:20 PM

Hey guys did any of ypu find out the name of that newborn tree in the last scene, if you did please tell me.

Oct 8, 11:12 AM
Laukku said:
teubert2 said:

He avoided using the reflector device because he wanted to be able to return to Kanna. In episode 18 he says he can't return to Earth if he uses it; it's implied that only one savepoint can be made at a time, and the newest one always overwrites any old one.

In the game the reasons are different: Takuya doesn't bring it with him after being isekai'd, so it's out of the picture for the vast majority of that section. It also has different limitations in the game (only sometimes you can alter the flow of events, indicated by a crystal on the reflector device flashing), and never shows up at all in the graphical interface during the isekai arc even after he acquires a new one.

Thanks for telling me about the game. Knowing that now, I think they should just have gone with what happens in the game instead of coming up with anime original content. I understand the "one save only" limitation (I never stated I believe otherwise), but I feel like he should have loaded to said save point. If he used the load feature in Dela Granto, I believe he would return to wherever he saved last time, which is on Earth. If he did that after acquiring psychite, then he could go back and change things, like he did earlier on Earth. He could do this:

Load previous save while holding psychite and then give Kanna said psychite > Go to Dela Granto and [slash] ravage [/slash] impregnate mute oppai girl > Wait for imperial troops to arrive while his daughter grows up > Cooperate with Ayumi's empire and convince the rebels to side with him by taking them to the hall of memories or whatever it was called again > Have Eriko-sensei kill Ryuzoji while he is imprisoned > Complete ritual risk-free and save both worlds ~a year (I can't remember the exact amount of time but let's say one year for simplicity) before time runs out the way it more or less did originally > Win.

It's not THAT difficult to do. Time consuming, but not difficult. That's why I believe it's a plot hole from an anime perspective. They should have elaborated on why he can't or doesn't load back to Earth and re-do everything all over in order to save everyone like how he saved Ayumi.

Oct 15, 5:23 AM
There's only one question I have...
They said, "the name of this child is...."
What? What Exactly is the name?

Oct 15, 5:31 AM
teubert2 said:
So much disappointment and so many unanswered questions in the ending.

1. No revealing to Kanna that she MIGHT be Arima Takuya's daughter. (we and the MC don't know if she is, but she deserves to know of the possibility at least)
2. No saying the name of the plant growing. (Why tf bring it up if you don't say it?)
3. Nothing about the real Ryuzoji in the "new world". (does he exist or not?)
4. Next to nothing about Arima Takuya in the "new world". (Will he go to Dela Granto too and all that? Did he disappear from existence shortly after old Arima Takuya appears? Something else?)
5. What about Hatano Kanna now that she has been saved? (What happens if "new world" Arima Takuya returns from Dela Granto and finds she has already been saved?)
6. What about Eriko-sensei now that her secret mission is complete? (does she teach at the school or not? Is she present or not present in the "new world"?)
7. What happened to the reflector device and Arima Takuya's clothes? (He put it in his pocket and both just up and disappeared? Yu-No loses her clothes due to basically fusing with what can probably be called an AI via a ritual, but Arima Takuya doesn't do any such ritual, and why does the reflector device disappear along with the clothes?)
8. Why is Toyotomi Hideo slapped, and by whom? (have I forgotten?)

There are probably many more questions to be had, but these are the most obvious ones to me right now. Could really have had a much better ending to be honest. I honestly expected more from this anime.
I feel you bro...
I just finished it and I can't get the thought out of my head of what did they name the palnt. There's still so many unanswered questions.

Oct 19, 2:49 PM

I feel sorry for Kanna...fatherless, raped, and dead mom. And man I wanted Takuya to meet with his father at least. Such a letdown.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone

Oct 25, 12:18 AM
Kougeru said:
what the hell was that ending? So basically nothing happened/mattered, and the whole anime was actually stuff that already happened. What did they name the thing at the end?
. Seeing as how everything sort of just went in a time circle I would guess they named the tree Vrinda yaknow.... still kind of shitty to end off without telling us tho

Oct 27, 9:33 AM
When I watched it I feel like I watched Steins Gate.. turned out the anime was its predecessor.
But unlike Steins Gate, there are many plotholes in the story.

1. They don't explain properly about characters in each parallel world. The first episode anime criminal was sent to the Dela Grante along with Ayumi but Takuya can still encounter them in each parallel worlds which means each characters can exists in each worlds. This made me confused about how 'interdimensional' criminal and the teacher police exists.
By going with timeline of how the criminal steal the body, then the police steal Takuya's memories and retrieve it later makes me think that they're in the same timeline but each character should have their own memories? The first world Takuya should not have interacted with other characters at all, why the police can 'retrieve' Takuya's memories? If the police is indeed 'interdimensional' too, then she should retain memories from various worlds?

2. No explanation about the orbs in the Reflector device. The device seems to only can store one save point at the time but why use multiple orbs? Why Takuya press the orbs differently each time? Can one orbs only be used for one save point? Why the device can function even with incomplete orbs? Can it function with only one orb?

3. Ayumi knew that Takuya was already in the world when Yuno was brought to her because the guardian mention his name. Why did she keep Takuya in the prison? Did she let him suffer because she have hidden grudge with him because Saylees died because of him?

4. Saylees was guided by Mother from capital to the border. Even with 'guidance', she would have not survived the desert. Unless the 'guidance' is somehow an dimensional portal. This was not explained at all.

5. What caused Saylees to suddenly can speak? Yuno can escape the 'curse' only because the machine below her bed was broken but there's no explanation for Saylees at all.

6. No explanation about Kanna and her mother's immortal age. They said that people in Dela Grante was adapted to fast age progression because of how chaotic that world. The reason was said so that they can reproduce faster. But why those two got immortal age in Earth? You can't just say their body 'adapted', because species adaptation can't be reached within one lifetime, even if it's an adaptation, immortal age is adaptation for what?

7. I still don't really understand about monsters in Dela Grante. They're originally humans but got experimented and turned out to be half monster? And why they kept appearing is because the empire keep on experimenting on them?

8. Takuya's severe headache is also not explained.

9. Takuya's mom and dad somehow become the tree's supervisor? How?

10. What's actually a psycrite? Why Kanna need it to keep on living? I forgot the reason why Ayumi need to crystalize it.. Is that even mentioned?

11. Why they need to make coffin for the priestess filled with psycrite? Isn't the priestess will be gone after the ritual? As we see there are many abandoned coffins at the desert. Why bother making them?

As said above, first half reminds me of Steins Gate and second half isekai is like Twelve Kingdoms. It seems both works were inspired from this anime story? It was said Yuno was well known masterpiece in the past.. though it's strange I never heard of it before watching this anime.

According to Anime News Network, YU-NO is "considered one of the most beloved narrative games in Japan, and its system of parallel storylines had a profound influence on storytelling in visual novels in the years since its original release."[3] According to ITmedia, the influence of Kanno, and YU-NO in particular, goes beyond visual novels and extends to modern Otaku works in general. The mangaka Tamiki Wakaki, for example, has cited YU-NO as an influence on the manga and anime series, The World God Only Knows. Other visual novel and manga authors who cited YU-NO as an influence include Romeo Tanaka, Poyoyon Rock, Jun Maeda, Type-Moon's Hikaru Sakurai, White Album 2 and Saekano author Fumiaki Maruto, and To Heart author Toru Minazuki.[4] According to RPG Site and DualShockers, Hiroyuki Kanno's work influenced later visual novels such as Fate/stay night and Steins;Gate.

There are others questionable things but as I think overall it's quite good.
Modified by LeonLanford, Oct 27, 4:49 PM

Nov 12, 12:51 AM
I didn't get it, The whole season was messy and incomprehensible so many things happened at the same time which was difficult to follow.

Nov 16, 2:54 PM

so this is the end, must say for an anime with so many genres combined it was quite decent

I think it would have been better if it took a little bit more time to explain things, because things got explained quite the high pace
Konichiwa fellow weebs
Noot Noot, mah brothas
Hee zeg makker

Nov 23, 5:45 AM

LeonLanford said:
When I watched it I feel like I watched Steins Gate.. turned out the anime was its predecessor.

1. They don't explain properly about characters in each parallel world. The first episode anime criminal was sent to the Dela Grante along with Ayumi but Takuya can still encounter them in each parallel worlds which means each characters can exists in each worlds. This made me confused about how 'interdimensional' criminal and the teacher police exists.
By going with timeline of how the criminal steal the body, then the police steal Takuya's memories and retrieve it later makes me think that they're in the same timeline but each character should have their own memories? The first world Takuya should not have interacted with other characters at all, why the police can 'retrieve' Takuya's memories? If the police is indeed 'interdimensional' too, then she should retain memories from various worlds?

2. No explanation about the orbs in the Reflector device. The device seems to only can store one save point at the time but why use multiple orbs? Why Takuya press the orbs differently each time? Can one orbs only be used for one save point? Why the device can function even with incomplete orbs? Can it function with only one orb?

3. Ayumi knew that Takuya was already in the world when Yuno was brought to her because the guardian mention his name. Why did she keep Takuya in the prison? Did she let him suffer because she have hidden grudge with him because Saylees died because of him?

4. Saylees was guided by Mother from capital to the border. Even with 'guidance', she would have not survived the desert. Unless the 'guidance' is somehow an dimensional portal. This was not explained at all.

5. What caused Saylees to suddenly can speak? Yuno can escape the 'curse' only because the machine below her bed was broken but there's no explanation for Saylees at all.

6. No explanation about Kanna and her mother's immortal age. They said that people in Dela Grante was adapted to fast age progression because of how chaotic that world. The reason was said so that they can reproduce faster. But why those two got immortal age in Earth? You can't just say their body 'adapted', because species adaptation can't be reached within one lifetime, even if it's an adaptation, immortal age is adaptation for what?

7. I still don't really understand about monsters in Dela Grante. They're originally humans but got experimented and turned out to be half monster? And why they kept appearing is because the empire keep on experimenting on them?

10. What's actually a psycrite? Why Kanna need it to keep on living? I forgot the reason why Ayumi need to crystalize it.. Is that even mentioned?

11. Why they need to make coffin for the priestess filled with psycrite? Isn't the priestess will be gone after the ritual? As we see there are many abandoned coffins at the desert. Why bother making them?

As said above, first half reminds me of Steins Gate and second half isekai is like Twelve Kingdoms. It seems both works were inspired from this anime story? It was said Yuno was well known masterpiece in the past.. though it's strange I never heard of it before watching this anime.

According to Anime News Network, YU-NO is "considered one of the most beloved narrative games in Japan, and its system of parallel storylines had a profound influence on storytelling in visual novels in the years since its original release."[3] According to ITmedia, the influence of Kanno, and YU-NO in particular, goes beyond visual novels and extends to modern Otaku works in general. The mangaka Tamiki Wakaki, for example, has cited YU-NO as an influence on the manga and anime series, The World God Only Knows. Other visual novel and manga authors who cited YU-NO as an influence include Romeo Tanaka, Poyoyon Rock, Jun Maeda, Type-Moon's Hikaru Sakurai, White Album 2 and Saekano author Fumiaki Maruto, and To Heart author Toru Minazuki.[4] According to RPG Site and DualShockers, Hiroyuki Kanno's work influenced later visual novels such as Fate/stay night and Steins;Gate.

You should go read the definitions for plot hole, as you've listed no actual plot holes but only unexplained things (which are completely fine in every genre except Detective Mistery)
Humans are suspicious and jealous creatures. When they see something perfect, they wanna find a flaw.

Ratohnhaketon said:
You have much to learn if you have not joined the witch hunt to down vote every anime that rises above our underrated favorites. I am currently on a campaign to get Training with Hinako into the top 12. Shit taste is hard to fight though, it's like trying to talk sense to an army of hallucinating loonies.
Ty-Ki said:
It's hilarious to see morons wasting more time with the series they hate so much than the fans of it.

Nov 24, 2:10 AM
PKX said:
LeonLanford said:

You should go read the definitions for plot hole, as you've listed no actual plot holes but only unexplained things (which are completely fine in every genre except Detective Mistery)

Here I googled it for you
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plot_hole

Pages (2) « 1 [2]