Forum Settings
Forums

Trump is cornered, and his ‘civil war’ threat stinks of panic.

New
Sep 30, 2019 10:26 PM

Jun 2008
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/09/30/trump-is-cornered-his-civil-war-threat-stinks-panic/%3FoutputType%3Damp

Yeah...not shocking at all....The Treasonous, piece of shit in Chief is already hitting the panic button on the prospect of getting impeached.

Now...let’s see MAL Trump supporting cult members once again defend this criminal.

BTW...I personally would prefer to see Bernie or Warren destroy Trump in the general...but Impeachment or him resigning like the loser he is, is also acceptable.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Sep 30, 2019 10:32 PM
Sep 2019
I hope there's a Civil War so I can jaywalk.
Sep 30, 2019 10:42 PM

Jan 2009
Trump is merely a self-centered narcissist who has an army of drones enabling him. He has no moral foundation, thinks whatever his impulses tell him to do is fine, and laws don't apply to him. He can't tell the truth to save his life, and he's clearly sundowning. But then again, this isn't the real scandal.

The real issue is that the entire GOP have surrendered themselves to the ramblings of this disgusting creature. Even though they KNOW what he is. Nobody has the integrity of convictions to oppose him, regardless of the fact that he's a lying conman who is breaking the law on a regular basis. Because if they do oppose him, and their opposition contributes to toppling him, they will have irrevocably harmed their own political careers - that's what matters to them more in the end.

And this civil war threat is just the icing on the sh*t-cake. Trump feels walled in and that he is seriously threatened, and "attack all out all the time" is the only way to deal with it. Why should he change it? It worked for him so far.
Sep 30, 2019 10:45 PM

May 2018
I have never seen a President more entertaining than Trump. Let there be civil war so I can enjoy my popcorn.
Sep 30, 2019 10:54 PM

Jun 2008
Gorochu said:
I have never seen a President more entertaining than Trump. Let there be civil war so I can enjoy my popcorn.

At least you’re honest...that’s good I guess.
Sep 30, 2019 11:24 PM

May 2013
Oh damn... don't make me fight a civil war against the Democrats! This is so unfair!

I don't actually think he's going to be impeached, though. I am pretty much rooting for Trump to win again in 2020 tbh.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Sep 30, 2019 11:27 PM

Dec 2016
Just read the hilarious comments in that opinion piece. They are already getting their lists ready for torture and retribution after they win the civil war. lol
Sep 30, 2019 11:37 PM

May 2013
Soverign said:
Just read the hilarious comments in that opinion piece. They are already getting their lists ready for torture and retribution after they win the civil war. lol

Sounds like some of us are really gonna get the guillotine
I CELEBRATE myself,
Sep 30, 2019 11:41 PM

Jan 2009
Putin and China are laughing destabilization of the USA is like their open secret wish
Sep 30, 2019 11:43 PM

Dec 2016
Gan_water said:
Soverign said:

Sounds like some of us are really gonna get the guillotine

McDayglo 5 hours ago
We need our own 'Nuremburg Trials" for all the creeps who made this happen. I'll put even money that Miller will off himself (for real, not "Epstein style") before ever being imprisoned.
Likethumb_up8

SusanB_A from Resistanceville 4 hours ago
Not just yes - but hell, yes! Human Rights Violations Commission put in place, by executive order of the new president. Acting DNI Maguire's pitiful testimony last week showed that collaborators are already using the standard Nuremberg rationalizations: I know nothing, and I was just following orders.

Didn't work then, won't work now.

Sorry son, but I am afraid you are a Nazi war criminal now.
Sep 30, 2019 11:45 PM

May 2013
Soverign said:

Oh my... I think I'll have a cup of tea while my nerves recover from this shock
I CELEBRATE myself,
Sep 30, 2019 11:47 PM

Dec 2016
Gan_water said:
Soverign said:

Well I certainly hope you enjoy your bit of tea soaked with the blood of millions of Americans dying in FEMA concentration camps.
Sep 30, 2019 11:50 PM

Jan 2009
Is this clown show par for the course? If so, time to look for the ignore feature.
Sep 30, 2019 11:59 PM

May 2013
Soverign said:
Gan_water said:

Well I certainly hope you enjoy your bit of tea soaked with the blood of millions of Americans dying in FEMA concentration camps.

Well now that may be a bit much :P

Look man let's just hope there's not a civil war hahah. I don't think there's gonna be :P
I CELEBRATE myself,
Oct 1, 2019 12:13 AM

Dec 2018
I feel like Trump supporters from MAL are just /pol/ refugees (or the other way around) that keep circlejerking one another with the rightfully rational immorality. But hey, just want you to know that media headlines are ignorant manipulative inaccurate shit.
. . .
Oct 1, 2019 12:25 AM

Dec 2016
Gan_water said:
Soverign said:

Look man let's just hope there's not a civil war hahah. I don't think there's gonna be :P

If defense officials believe a hot civil war is imminent you will start seeing a withdrawal of US troops from abroad. It will be far too chaotic to coordinate afterwards.

It will be interesting to see how this ultimately shakes out with Trump empowering the CIA and the setbacks they had with Watergate and MKultra scandals.

“Shorn of its rambling character, and in not so many words, this is the essence of what the president communicates,” Schiff began.

“We’ve been very good to your country. Very good. No other country has done as much as we have. But you know what, I don’t see much reciprocity here. I hear what you want. I have a favor I want from you though. And I’m going to say this only seven times, so you better listen good. I want you to make up dirt on my political opponent, understand? Lots of dirt, on this and on that,” Schiff said in the parody of the call.

“I’m going to put you in touch with people, and not just any people. I’m going to put you in touch with the attorney general of the United States — my attorney general, Bill Barr — he’s got the whole weight of the American law enforcement behind him. And I’m going to put you in touch with [Trump’s personal lawyer, Rudy Giuliani], you’re going to love him. Trust me. You know what I’m asking, so I’m only going to say this a few more times, in a few more ways. And by the way, don’t call me again. I’ll call you when you’ve done what I asked.”

“This is, in sum and character, what the president was trying to communicate,” Schiff said.

In the U.S. Constitution, treason is defined as “levying war against” the United States or “in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort.” The maximum punishment for treason in the U.S. criminal code is death.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/30/trump-asks-if-schiff-should-face-arrest-for-treason-over-impeachment-probe.html

What I find interesting is that it seems most do not even remember that Snowden is still in asylum with Russia at least until 2020.
Oct 1, 2019 12:32 AM

Jun 2008
There’s basically three types of Trump Supporters nowadays:

The memers: These are obviously the most common on the Internet and as one can see, right here on MAL...they don’t actually care, they just want shits and giggles.

The Partisan Right: These people are all about Party First, they are more than likely aware of the nonsense and might even secretly agree that Trump has been bad, but their duty and loyalty to the GOP is stronger.

The Delusional Right: These are the cult members IMHO, they are so far deep into their support that facts and common sense is no longer applicable...there is little that can be said or done that will make them change their minds they will defend Trump to the bitter end. Unfortunately this might be the biggest group and also the one that will definitely vote for him in droves.
Oct 1, 2019 12:54 AM

May 2013
Soverign said:
Gan_water said:

If defense officials believe a hot civil war is imminent you will start seeing a withdrawal of US troops from abroad. It will be far too chaotic to coordinate afterwards.

It will be interesting to see how this ultimately shakes out with Trump empowering the CIA and the setbacks they had with Watergate and MKultra scandals.

Hah, yeah. Sounds like he knows his friends pretty well there...

But even if they impeach him, he's still in office. It's not like the Dems can do more than impeach him and pressure a resignation... despite Trumps uh, call to arms, there's very few ways fighting can break out over an impeachment case.
I CELEBRATE myself,
Oct 1, 2019 2:06 AM

Dec 2016
Gan_water said:
Soverign said:

Hah, yeah. Sounds like he knows his friends pretty well there...

But even if they impeach him, he's still in office. It's not like the Dems can do more than impeach him and pressure a resignation... despite Trumps uh, call to arms, there's very few ways fighting can break out over an impeachment case.

He should lol.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_Donald_Trump

Only the President or Congress can declare martial law and suspend habeas corpus. I certainly do not run around calling myself the resistance or anything, that might not work out so well for either one. Perhaps the partisan divide is too fractured for effective civil governance at this point. ¯\\_(ツ)_/¯

Oct 1, 2019 2:24 AM

Dec 2015
I think it could be a good thing for there to be civil war - unless you live in the US. While other countries profit a lot from a strong US economy and are dependent on it ... it could also lead other countries getting more stronger/independent in terms of economy if the US got weakened because of internal struggles.

A bit less acting like a global policeman wouldn't harm the world.

If people that did not elect the president can impeach him ... I guess it could lead to problems. (If the people that had voted for him feel like their rights were ttaken from them.) A system should be setup in a way that only people voted for someone could impeach him with another vote where the majority of the same people that elected him now are against him.

Other political systems where the parliamanet actually is electing such people (and the citizens elect the parliamant) are better. Cause then if the parliament removes that one it isn't such a big deal - since they also were the ones that elected him.
Oct 1, 2019 2:28 AM

Feb 2010

trump supporters don't actually think thier side would emerge victorious if a civil war broke out do they?

here's whats actually going to happen.

U.S civil war interrupts all other governmental processes including our military then all the U.S's rivals (china, North korea, Russia. iran.)

take advantage of it.

U.S isn't that weird former colony that is just starting out anymore.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Oct 1, 2019 2:43 AM

Sep 2018
Gorochu said:

Same here, when the choice was him or Hillary, I wanted him to win as the entertainment would be great and I believe Hillary is a much darker threat. Trump is just extremely dumb.

Incidentally, a civil war is how the US will fall. No one will invade but everyone will be begging for help. China are very clever and are just waiting for the right time.
Oct 1, 2019 4:35 AM

May 2018
QPR said:
Gorochu said:

Same here, when the choice was him or Hillary, I wanted him to win as the entertainment would be great and I believe Hillary is a much darker threat. Trump is just extremely dumb.

Incidentally, a civil war is how the US will fall. No one will invade but everyone will be begging for help. China are very clever and are just waiting for the right time.

Naah, honestly speaking, civil war in US will not happen. Trump is just desperate. China will never surpass the US. Even before Trump do trade war, China's economy is already slowing down and their GDP per capita is still weak overall.
Oct 1, 2019 4:51 AM

Oct 2017
Forget about a ''civil war'' it's not the 1860s ffs.
It's just another Trump's narcissistic words for his collection, nothing is going to happen honestly.
''Enemies' gifts are no gifts and do no good.''
Oct 1, 2019 6:11 AM

Sep 2018
Gorochu said:

Naah, honestly speaking, civil war in US will not happen. Trump is just desperate. China will never surpass the US. Even before Trump do trade war, China's economy is already slowing down and their GDP per capita is still weak overall.

I don't mean Rep v Dem, it will be every man for himself. They will just wait for crops to fail, probably due to global warming. Then pull the debt and crash the dollar which will then become worthless. Then you have a couple of hundred million armed people desperate for food fighting for whatever is left.
They will wait decades if they have too and will come out on top without firing a single shot.
Oct 1, 2019 6:16 AM

Mar 2011
Impeachment inquiry doesn't mean removal from office though...I mean, he would likely finish his first term or resign. He as well as others forget what impeachment is, and what it can/can not do. Can't skip "the trial" and start talking "about the sentencing". Worrying in a way.
"In the end the World really doesn't need a Superman. Just a Brave one"
Oct 1, 2019 6:16 AM

Dec 2012
Trump's comments are only going to get more radical as he (rightfully) feels de-legitimized. You knew what you were getting into with this impeachment farce. Have fun dealing with orange man's tantrums, I'll be grabbing my popcorn as I wait for Trump to emerge victorious.
Oct 1, 2019 7:39 AM

Feb 2010
@Bayek he's no more legitimate the Hilary he's a man baby that has all ways been throwing tempertantrum. Speaking of which. does someone want to tell ALEX to stop spamming threads we already have a impeachment thread.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Oct 1, 2019 9:46 AM

Mar 2019
Lmao watch as Russia collusion 2.0 is once again exposed as a hoax and Trump not only does not get impeached but is re-elected in 2020.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 1, 2019 9:54 AM

May 2013
Ryuk9428 said:
Lmao watch as Russia collusion 2.0 is once again exposed as a hoax and Trump not only does not get impeached but is re-elected in 2020.

Pardon my french but I feel like this might be another bitch slap coming from Trump.
I CELEBRATE myself,
Oct 1, 2019 9:59 AM

Jun 2008
QPR said:
Gorochu said:

I mean, I’ll be honest and say your Brexit fiasco in your country is insanely entertaining as well...

And as bad as Trump has been...eventually it WILL be over.

Brexit will never be over for you guys...you fucked up soooo big it will have lasting effects for the foreseeable future.

So, popcorn all around there too.
Oct 1, 2019 12:55 PM

Nov 2016
Putting you guys on suicide watch when he wins again in 2020.
Oct 1, 2019 1:12 PM

Jun 2008
SpamuraiSensei said:

Putting the Right-Wing on Civil War watch IF he gets Impeached or resigns like a loser.
Oct 1, 2019 1:17 PM

Nov 2016
--ALEX-- said:
SpamuraiSensei said:

Putting the Right-Wing on Civil War watch IF he gets Impeached or resigns like a loser.

Left would lose the civil war broski. You'd get curbed stomped by all of the Chads.
Oct 1, 2019 1:19 PM

Feb 2016
As stupid as he is I dont get the whole "impeachment" reasoning

Why is Trump a traitor and why should he get impeached?
Oct 1, 2019 2:34 PM

Aug 2012
Dildry said:

Nor sure myself, but I can only parrot the democratic parrots: Trump is insulting the "spirit" or "seed of democracy" (as Bush put it) by implying that some faction of the government will not accept his loss in the next election and indirectly incites his brethren to go on a civil war to save mother freedom and the current gun laws.
Oct 1, 2019 2:47 PM

Jun 2008
SpamuraiSensei said:
--ALEX-- said:

Left would lose the civil war broski. You'd get curbed stomped by all of the Chads.

I actually agree the Left would lose....mostly because the Right has about a billion guns and has shown us how good they are at shooting a lot of people in quick succession.

Not sure that’s something to brag about tho.
Oct 1, 2019 3:05 PM

Jun 2008
Dildry said:

Let’s see...

>Obstruction of Justice during the Mueller investigation...

>Various high level people involved with Trump have already been convicted for numerous crimes, which Trump more than likely knew about or was also involved.

>Illegal Campaign financing including using money to hush up a porn star...

>Asking a foreign government to try to dig up dirt on a political opponent...

>Quid pro quo on said government by holding up military funds until they did what they were told...this is also extortion btw.

Right Wing Chuds: Trump DINDU NUFFIN...he’s a good boy!!!
Oct 1, 2019 3:09 PM

May 2009
Thread locked for breaking rule #7 of CE

Not of significance and while it comes from a reputable English-language media outlet, it's an opinion piece and not a news article.

Current Event Rules:
7. Controversial/sensitive topics liable to incite rule violations (trolling, flaming, abuse) must:
a. be sourced from a reputable English-language media outlet (e.g. New York Times, Wall Street Journal, BBC, Scientific American)
b. use the title of the sourced article, and
c. be of significance (e.g. changing legislature, Nature/Science journal articles, unexpected world events, etc.)

This includes, but is not limited to, topics relating to: gender, sexual orientation, race, xenophobia, religion, abortion, sexual assault, immigration, hate groups, political ideologies, controversial public figures/leaders, etc.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.