Forum Settings
Forums
#1
Sep 29, 9:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 161
If you could only listen to one album for the rest of your natural life, what would it be and why?


ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴀꜱɪᴇꜱᴛ ᴡᴀy ᴛᴏ ᴋᴇᴇᴩ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ʜᴜʀᴛ
yᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ yᴏᴜʀꜱᴇʟꜰ
yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴀʟʟ yᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀɴᴅ yᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ʟᴇᴀʀɴᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʟɪᴋᴇ yᴏᴜʀꜱᴇʟꜰ
 
#2
Sep 29, 9:35 PM
魔王

Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 2100
i think any lamp album would do for me, i love them all and usually listen to them on repeat for hours. their music also makes me happy and it's just relaxing to listen to.

「 花 」

your absence has gone through me
like a thread through a needle — &
everything is stitched with its color


former forum sets ; favorite manga


 
#3
Sep 29, 10:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 2477
My choice is Amon Amarth's Once Sent from the Golden Hall

Modified by Lost_Viking, Sep 29, 10:41 PM
 
#4
Sep 29, 10:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 4237
Probably...Good Kid Maad City by Kendrick Lamar. Yes, I love Illmatic and It Was Written more, but they don't have the substance of Good Kid Maad City, as Illmatic and It Was Written are mainly gangster, trash-talking, style > substance albums. Which is fine, but I'd get tired of hearing Nas rap over and over about how great he is.
What about you OP?

irenic said:
i think any lamp album would do for me, i love them all and usually listen to them on repeat for hours. their music also makes me happy and it's just relaxing to listen to.


Who's Lamp? Could you tell me more about them? I'm curious.
"You don't need a reason to live, you just live"
-Nero Vanetti, 91 Days



 
#5
Sep 30, 1:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 161
AbsurdistOtaku said:
Probably...Good Kid Maad City by Kendrick Lamar. Yes, I love Illmatic and It Was Written more, but they don't have the substance of Good Kid Maad City, as Illmatic and It Was Written are mainly gangster, trash-talking, style > substance albums. Which is fine, but I'd get tired of hearing Nas rap over and over about how great he is.
What about you OP?


For the longest time my answer would've been To Pimp a Butterfly but these days it's a tossup between Dogg Food and Mr. Scarface is Back. If i had to listen to one album forever i'd like a mix of bravado and aggression so I understand your sentiment on Nas' confidence, it's infectious.


ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴀꜱɪᴇꜱᴛ ᴡᴀy ᴛᴏ ᴋᴇᴇᴩ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ʜᴜʀᴛ
yᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ yᴏᴜʀꜱᴇʟꜰ
yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴀʟʟ yᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀɴᴅ yᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ʟᴇᴀʀɴᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʟɪᴋᴇ yᴏᴜʀꜱᴇʟꜰ
 
#6
Sep 30, 1:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 161
irenic said:
i think any lamp album would do for me, i love them all and usually listen to them on repeat for hours. their music also makes me happy and it's just relaxing to listen to.


I'm pretty closed off to the bigger music scape as I basically only listen to hip-hop, would you care to elaborate what Lamp means to you?


ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴀꜱɪᴇꜱᴛ ᴡᴀy ᴛᴏ ᴋᴇᴇᴩ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ʜᴜʀᴛ
yᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ yᴏᴜʀꜱᴇʟꜰ
yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴀʟʟ yᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀɴᴅ yᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ʟᴇᴀʀɴᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʟɪᴋᴇ yᴏᴜʀꜱᴇʟꜰ
 
#7
Sep 30, 1:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 161
Lost_Viking said:
My choice is Amon Amarth's Once Sent from the Golden Hall



That album art is cool as hell (pun intended).


ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴀꜱɪᴇꜱᴛ ᴡᴀy ᴛᴏ ᴋᴇᴇᴩ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ʜᴜʀᴛ
yᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ yᴏᴜʀꜱᴇʟꜰ
yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴀʟʟ yᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀɴᴅ yᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ʟᴇᴀʀɴᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʟɪᴋᴇ yᴏᴜʀꜱᴇʟꜰ
 
#8
Sep 30, 1:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 176
Probably マジコカタストロフィ from comiket 83.
 
#9
Sep 30, 2:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 70
Starless and Bible Black by King Crimson

45 minutes of brilliantly crafted experimental European rock and free improvisation. Can't say it will ever be boring for me to listen to the whole thing front to back.
Source(s):
Dude trust me
 
Sep 30, 5:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 2336
Long season by fishmans such a masterpiece.I can listen to it forever
 
Sep 30, 6:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 161
MusicBee said:
Long season by fishmans such a masterpiece.I can listen to it forever


Super interesting listen, I should really start listening to more pop, thanks for putting me onto something I've never come across before!

P.S. I only recently started using MusicBee, it's quickly become my favorite music player.


ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴀꜱɪᴇꜱᴛ ᴡᴀy ᴛᴏ ᴋᴇᴇᴩ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ʜᴜʀᴛ
yᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ yᴏᴜʀꜱᴇʟꜰ
yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴀʟʟ yᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀɴᴅ yᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ʟᴇᴀʀɴᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʟɪᴋᴇ yᴏᴜʀꜱᴇʟꜰ
 
Sep 30, 6:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 161
Disciplinarian said:
Starless and Bible Black by King Crimson

45 minutes of brilliantly crafted experimental European rock and free improvisation. Can't say it will ever be boring for me to listen to the whole thing front to back.


That was really great. I honestly haven't even begun to tread into rock besides the generic screamo bands I listened to briefly in primary school. Would love other recommendations!


ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴀꜱɪᴇꜱᴛ ᴡᴀy ᴛᴏ ᴋᴇᴇᴩ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ʜᴜʀᴛ
yᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ yᴏᴜʀꜱᴇʟꜰ
yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴀʟʟ yᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀɴᴅ yᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ʟᴇᴀʀɴᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʟɪᴋᴇ yᴏᴜʀꜱᴇʟꜰ
 
Sep 30, 7:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 2336
@tinybox here check this psychedelic from fishmans
.

Also forget to check their last live album '98.12.28'.Its also a masterpiece.Sadly front singer sato died in late 90's because of heart disease he had been suffering for a long time that was his last live performance.
 
Sep 30, 8:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 609
Right now, it's Kind of Blue by Miles Davis.

Best selling jazz album of all time. Paved way for the popularization of modal jazz and just brought something new on the table with more possibilities on how jazz can be played. Way ahead of its time.

My favorite track in the album is "Blue In Green" and was written alongside Bill Evans, a great jazz pianist.


 
Sep 30, 9:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 1543


This was like my autobiography during the low points of my life, and even though I'm in a better place these days, I still find it highly relatable. Everything aged well. Oh so well. The lyricism, the samples, the beats, and the hooks. There's not a single track I'll skip because every song has a story and the vibes complement each other from the first tune to the last.

I am forever grateful this album exists
 
Sep 30, 9:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 777


came out 20 years ago and still 50 years ahead of its time lmao, i haven't really thought much about what i consider the best album ever cause i don't listen to music in album form much these days but i would probably say it's this

Konradikon said:
Right now, it's Kind of Blue by Miles Davis.

Best selling jazz album of all time. Paved way for the popularization of modal jazz and just brought something new on the table with more possibilities on how jazz can be played. Way ahead of its time.

My favorite track in the album is "Blue In Green" and was written alongside Bill Evans, a great jazz pianist.


very good choice
 
Sep 30, 12:51 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 162
I'm gonna cheat and use a compilation album called "Wipers Box Set"

https://rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/wipers/wipers_box_set/
 
Sep 30, 6:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 161
@MusicBee Will definitely look into them more!


ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴀꜱɪᴇꜱᴛ ᴡᴀy ᴛᴏ ᴋᴇᴇᴩ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ʜᴜʀᴛ
yᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ yᴏᴜʀꜱᴇʟꜰ
yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴀʟʟ yᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀɴᴅ yᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ʟᴇᴀʀɴᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʟɪᴋᴇ yᴏᴜʀꜱᴇʟꜰ
 
Sep 30, 9:49 PM
魔王

Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 2100
Tinybox said:
irenic said:
i think any lamp album would do for me, i love them all and usually listen to them on repeat for hours. their music also makes me happy and it's just relaxing to listen to.


I'm pretty closed off to the bigger music scape as I basically only listen to hip-hop, would you care to elaborate what Lamp means to you?


hm, they are a group that provides comfort whenever i'm too stressed out from school and or i need help sleeping, especially when i'm listening to their more 'slower' songs. and when i need some cheering up i like to listen to their more 'pop' songs. so i guess i could listen to just one of their albums for the rest of my life. and i have yet to find a japanese group as good as them or better. i hope that's what you meant when you asked what they mean to me ;c

AbsurdistOtaku said:
irenic said:
i think any lamp album would do for me, i love them all and usually listen to them on repeat for hours. their music also makes me happy and it's just relaxing to listen to.


Who's Lamp? Could you tell me more about them? I'm curious.


lamp is a indie japanese group! they have pop, jazz, and alternative songs. all their music got put on apple music and spotify a couple of months ago so i really recommend checking them out because they have such beautiful songs.

「 花 」

your absence has gone through me
like a thread through a needle — &
everything is stitched with its color


former forum sets ; favorite manga


 
Sep 30, 10:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 161
irenic said:

hm, they are a group that provides comfort whenever i'm too stressed out from school and or i need help sleeping, especially when i'm listening to their more 'slower' songs. and when i need some cheering up i like to listen to their more 'pop' songs. so i guess i could listen to just one of their albums for the rest of my life. and i have yet to find a japanese group as good as them or better. i hope that's what you meant when you asked what they mean to me ;c


Super wholesome.

I haven't even dared step foot into artists from other countries extensively, how did you find Lamp to begin with?



ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴀꜱɪᴇꜱᴛ ᴡᴀy ᴛᴏ ᴋᴇᴇᴩ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ʜᴜʀᴛ
yᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ yᴏᴜʀꜱᴇʟꜰ
yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴀʟʟ yᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀɴᴅ yᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ʟᴇᴀʀɴᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʟɪᴋᴇ yᴏᴜʀꜱᴇʟꜰ
 
Oct 1, 1:01 AM
UwU

Offline
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 1316
I Met You When I Was 18 by Lauv. It’s got a lot of my favorite songs and it’s an album I never get bored of~




"I wish there was a way to know
you're in the good old days before you've actually left them"
-Andy Bernard
 
Oct 1, 1:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 833
I basically lived off Ephemeral by Mr.Kitty for months, a whopping 30 songs to obsessively alternate between. Still aint tired of it. It's simply catchy and turns off my brain for a while, but when I tune in, the message resonates with me.

But for the rest of my life? Dunno about that, I think something without words, or is uplifting, or that I can't understand would be better. I'd go with any album from Epik High - but if we pretend that Tablo's Fever's End Part 1 and 2 are one album, then that. It's incredible, the sorrow and the strength he weaved into this solo project. I'm still so proud and so grateful for the beauty his music continues to bring into my life. The defining song from it for me is called Thank You for Breathing and it's like receiving a hug in music form.
Modified by CMYK, Oct 1, 1:05 AM
 
Oct 1, 4:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 161
CMYK said:
I basically lived off Ephemeral by Mr.Kitty for months, a whopping 30 songs to obsessively alternate between. Still aint tired of it. It's simply catchy and turns off my brain for a while, but when I tune in, the message resonates with me.

But for the rest of my life? Dunno about that, I think something without words, or is uplifting, or that I can't understand would be better. I'd go with any album from Epik High - but if we pretend that Tablo's Fever's End Part 1 and 2 are one album, then that. It's incredible, the sorrow and the strength he weaved into this solo project. I'm still so proud and so grateful for the beauty his music continues to bring into my life. The defining song from it for me is called Thank You for Breathing and it's like receiving a hug in music form.


This is an interesting take, would music having words become grating to you after a while? Do you prefer instrumentals rather than vocals?


ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴀꜱɪᴇꜱᴛ ᴡᴀy ᴛᴏ ᴋᴇᴇᴩ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ʜᴜʀᴛ
yᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ yᴏᴜʀꜱᴇʟꜰ
yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴀʟʟ yᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀɴᴅ yᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ʟᴇᴀʀɴᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʟɪᴋᴇ yᴏᴜʀꜱᴇʟꜰ
 
Oct 1, 5:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 609
CowboyMode said:
Konradikon said:
Right now, it's Kind of Blue by Miles Davis.

Best selling jazz album of all time. Paved way for the popularization of modal jazz and just brought something new on the table with more possibilities on how jazz can be played. Way ahead of its time.

My favorite track in the album is "Blue In Green" and was written alongside Bill Evans, a great jazz pianist.


very good choice


Are you also a fan of Miles Davis btw?
 
Oct 1, 9:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 2747
not sure honestly, cause ofc it's a record by John Coltrane but I have a hard time deciding between these two, A Love Supreme and Live In Japan. First one is one of his finest works and one of the best works in music in general meanwhile Live In Japan is a 5 hour collection of his playing at its most ascended during his final days. Either way I would pick one of these two tbh, probs A Love Supreme cause I have it ranked higher on my top 100 of all time compared to Live In Japan.

Ascended Taste
^
check this list out for some ascended music shit (also to give it more views pls I want this list I worked hard on to make me feel special~~~~~~)
 
Oct 1, 9:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 777
Konradikon said:

Are you also a fan of Miles Davis btw?


i don't know if "fan" is the right word... i have listened to kind of blue many times but not much else of his music. it's not that i have avoided it for any reason just when i picture a "fan" i think of someone who has at least heard all the albums or something. however im probably overthinking it

i do think he is a great musician
 
Oct 1, 10:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 408
My choice: Runaljod - Yggdrasil album by Wardruna

“Loddfafnir, listen to my counsel: You will fare well if you follow it, It will help you much if you heed it. If aware that another is wicked, say so: Make no truce or treaty with foes.” - Havamal 127
 
Oct 1, 6:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 833
Tinybox said:
CMYK said:
I basically lived off Ephemeral by Mr.Kitty for months, a whopping 30 songs to obsessively alternate between. Still aint tired of it. It's simply catchy and turns off my brain for a while, but when I tune in, the message resonates with me.

But for the rest of my life? Dunno about that, I think something without words, or is uplifting, or that I can't understand would be better. I'd go with any album from Epik High - but if we pretend that Tablo's Fever's End Part 1 and 2 are one album, then that. It's incredible, the sorrow and the strength he weaved into this solo project. I'm still so proud and so grateful for the beauty his music continues to bring into my life. The defining song from it for me is called Thank You for Breathing and it's like receiving a hug in music form.


This is an interesting take, would music having words become grating to you after a while? Do you prefer instrumentals rather than vocals?

It mostly depends but yeah, vocals are another instrument to compliment the overall sound. I'd take a good beat over good vocals any day.
 
Oct 1, 7:56 PM
☆ adrift ☆

Offline
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 169
For me it's a tossup between the White Lies albums "To Lose My Life..." (2009) or "Friends" (2017)
 
Oct 1, 8:08 PM
ドリフト

Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 1449
probably beach house's depression cherry because that album is sooo dreamy and i like it a lot



i am alone again and i want to be so;
alone with the pure sky and open sea


:¨·.·¨:
      `·..  reins

 
Oct 1, 8:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 161
vettexl said:
For me it's a tossup between the White Lies albums "To Lose My Life..." (2009) or "Friends" (2017)


The art for both of those albums is stellar.

pure said:
probably beach house's depression cherry because that album is sooo dreamy and i like it a lot


I've been listening to a few of the pop albums that people have posted here and it's been a great ride so far, will be sure to give this a listen too!


ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴀꜱɪᴇꜱᴛ ᴡᴀy ᴛᴏ ᴋᴇᴇᴩ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ʜᴜʀᴛ
yᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ yᴏᴜʀꜱᴇʟꜰ
yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴀʟʟ yᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀɴᴅ yᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ʟᴇᴀʀɴᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʟɪᴋᴇ yᴏᴜʀꜱᴇʟꜰ
 
Oct 1, 8:58 PM
☆ adrift ☆

Offline
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 169


Glad to hear that you think so :) They're my favourite band, so just picking one album was hard for me; I just hope I don't stumble upon a thread to make me pick only a single song >__<

If you're interested, I've selected a song from each of their albums to listen to:



They also put out a new single the other day that I can't stop listening to: Hurt My Heart
 
Oct 1, 9:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 108
My favourite "kawaii edm" album: Yunomi - ゆのもきゅ. It's so adorable and uplifting, and the beats go hard! I've looped this album many times over the years and I never get tired of it.
(/ ̄ー ̄)/‥∵:*:☆*゜★。::*☆
 
Oct 1, 11:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2019
Posts: 89


Works well when you haven’t slept for awhile and need to go to work. Also gives you a good mood for the whole day.
 
Oct 2, 3:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 146
In the Court of the Crimson King - King Crimson

Each song is totally unique.
 
Oct 2, 3:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 983
Really hard question to answer because my favorite album of all time is, and will always be, Loveless, but I listened to it so much through the years that now I'm kind of becoming tired of it, even though I still find it brilliant. I've listened to it what, 7 or 8 times this year? This is very low, 4 or 5 years ago it was pretty normal for me to listen to it almost every day.
At the same time, there's still no other album that makes me feel the giant array of emotions that Loveless does, so I think I'd still go with it.
 
Oct 2, 4:58 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 2
17 - xxxtentacion
 
Oct 2, 1:30 PM
*sips coffee*

Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 1727
This is extremely difficult for me, especially seeing as I listen to a vast array of genres (and my music collection holds roughly ~80,000 songs). But of all those albums and songs, it would have to be a toss-up between these two, depending on my mood at the time. Right now it would probably be the former, but these are pretty much my two favorite albums of all-time:

The Weatherman by Gregory Alan Isakov
Raising Your Voice... Trying to Stop an Echo by Hammock

pure said:
probably beach house's depression cherry because that album is sooo dreamy and i like it a lot

This is a fantastic album. You've got great taste. :)
Modified by Greyleaf, Oct 2, 1:36 PM
 
Oct 7, 2:19 AM
魔王

Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 2100
Tinybox said:
irenic said:

hm, they are a group that provides comfort whenever i'm too stressed out from school and or i need help sleeping, especially when i'm listening to their more 'slower' songs. and when i need some cheering up i like to listen to their more 'pop' songs. so i guess i could listen to just one of their albums for the rest of my life. and i have yet to find a japanese group as good as them or better. i hope that's what you meant when you asked what they mean to me ;c


Super wholesome.

I haven't even dared step foot into artists from other countries extensively, how did you find Lamp to begin with?


i found them on tumblr! there was a pretty popular audio on my dash all the time from lamp so i gave it a listen and fell in love ever since then LOL

「 花 」

your absence has gone through me
like a thread through a needle — &
everything is stitched with its color


former forum sets ; favorite manga


 
Oct 7, 10:50 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 108
Damn this is hard, but I'd probably pick "The Wall" by Pink Floyd not because it's my favourite album ever, let alone my favourite Pick Floyd's album (I just don't have one, loved most of 'em). It's just a big-ass loop of what seems to be a single song, and I can never get tired of it.
 
Oct 7, 3:42 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 131
KH Birth by Sleep & 358-2 Days. the feels are strong with this one.
 
Oct 7, 4:22 PM
God

Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 56
Most certainly, it would be Aja, by Steely Dan

Such a masterpiece

 
Oct 7, 6:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 161
oh said:

i found them on tumblr! there was a pretty popular audio on my dash all the time from lamp so i gave it a listen and fell in love ever since then LOL


The wonders of the internet, I doubt i'd have found a lot of the music I listen to without it quite honestly haha


ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴀꜱɪᴇꜱᴛ ᴡᴀy ᴛᴏ ᴋᴇᴇᴩ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ʜᴜʀᴛ
yᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ yᴏᴜʀꜱᴇʟꜰ
yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴀʟʟ yᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀɴᴅ yᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ʟᴇᴀʀɴᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʟɪᴋᴇ yᴏᴜʀꜱᴇʟꜰ
 
Oct 7, 6:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 570
Most likely would be Aimer - sleepless nights. Played such a huge role for me in my life.

Shadow of the doubt - Freddie gibbs

Also Born sinner by J cole.

Timeless albums that I can always go back and listen to.
 
Oct 7, 6:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 991
My favorite album of all time is The Suburbs by the Arcade Fire buuuuuuuuuut I would pick my favorite pop album which is Loud by Rihanna. Fading, Raining Men and Skin are beyond awesome just like the rest of the tracks. And man I remember having the time of my life listening to it during my teenage years.

▲ ▲

«REVs»
«NP Games»
«Male/Female»
«Favorites (+Awards)»
"A lesson without pain is meaningless."
 
Oct 7, 6:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 48
Persona 4 soundtrack album.
 
Oct 7, 11:12 PM
Nyantano

Online
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 325
the first album to come to mind is the self titled candlebox album
or tyler the creators flower boy
-Neferpitou-
"She... is someone precious... to a person I care about deeply. The King became who he is because of her... If she ceased to exist, he won't... be himself anymore. She means that much... All I want... is for her to live.”
 
Oct 7, 11:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 161
-Yokai- said:
the first album to come to mind is the self titled candlebox album
or tyler the creators flower boy


Did you enjoy IGOR? As good as Flower Boy is, IGOR is more sonically interesting, to me at least.


ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴀꜱɪᴇꜱᴛ ᴡᴀy ᴛᴏ ᴋᴇᴇᴩ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ʜᴜʀᴛ
yᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ yᴏᴜʀꜱᴇʟꜰ
yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴀʟʟ yᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀɴᴅ yᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ʟᴇᴀʀɴᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʟɪᴋᴇ yᴏᴜʀꜱᴇʟꜰ
 
Oct 10, 7:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 2881
This is like asking what limb would you choose to have chopped off....

I’d probably choose something like Blood on the Tracks(Bob Dylan), or Lola vs. Powerman(The Kinks), those albums never get old for me. It would not be possible for me to actually pick though. There’s about fifty different albums that I like as much or more. Some albums I love, but definitely wouldn’t want them to be the only thing I could listen to.
 
Oct 16, 2:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 124
Pink Floyd's The Wall. Absolute masterpiece.
That was the summer of 1963 when everybody called me Baby, and it didn't occur to me to mind
 
Top
Pages (2) [1] 2 »