Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 29, 2019 6:35 PM
Jul 2018
I'm interested in watching Psycho-Pass, but I've heard that after season one the series falls off. So, can I watch season one and skip the rest?
Sep 30, 2019 11:09 AM

Oct 2012
I definitely think the series falls off after season 1, but your mileage may vary. I’d give season 1 a shot and then decide if you want to watch more.
Sep 30, 2019 12:31 PM

Sep 2019
While Season 1's conclusion is hardly a definitive end, it's absolutely possible to watch it, ignore the rest of the franchise and still be content with that isolated, excellent, ultimately satisfying story.

Whether you continue beyond that I feel is dependent upon what exactly about Season 1 you enjoy, assuming you enjoy it all. If the many moving parts of the Sybil System and its potent, socially complex thematic relation to our world and society are incredibly compelling to you and give you a lot of great food for thought and discussion, then Season 2 should be avoided like the plague. It pops a helluva squat on virtually all of the intricacies of the way the world of S1 worked, ripping out any semblance of consistent logic and believability, fundamentally misunderstanding the thematic core of the original series, treading a lot of the same ground to categorically inferior effect, etc. It's an insult to what the original series accomplished, and is reviled for a reason.

However, if you enjoy S1 on a more surface level, it is possible to enjoy S2 on that similar level as it's many writing idiocies and contrivances either won't matter much to you or may go largely unnoticed as a whole. You'll still have to contend with piss poor production values, more blatant character writing failings and a series that is still *not good* even if you try and turn your brain off, but some people still enjoy it just fine despite pretty much everyone agreeing it doesn't even begin to approach S1's heights.

The more overtly action-oriented 1st movie is actually just fine and is at least a marked improvement over S2(while thankfully largely ignoring it's existence), but anyone who plans on watching beyond that pretty much has to watch S2 as the recent Sinners of the Systems movies reportedly canonize everything in Season 2, and the upcoming S3 is expected to follow suit.

Basically, watch Season 1, and your feelings on it will determine whether it's wise to continue.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

928 by EndSh0t »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2013

329 by Saww_Duss »»
Yesterday, 3:30 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

273 by ANIk_003 »»
Mar 7, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

352 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 4, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

288 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 2, 9:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.