Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Sep 30, 2019 10:38 AM

Jul 2014
The discussion about love was great , even the convo between Askeladd and Gratianus was great too. Can't wait for the next episode!
Sep 30, 2019 11:33 AM

Sep 2017
loved Thorfinn's look in the end of the episode.
very good episode btw.
Sep 30, 2019 12:00 PM

Feb 2019
The world building in this is fantastic. Right away I could tell that the commander was a descendant of Rome just based on his facial features--and the quick aside about the King Arthur legend was fantastic. Details like that are what is making this show so goddamn good.

I am really enjoying these slower introspective episodes, it makes the battles all the more potent when they do happen.

The priest describing love was a really interesting conversation. Having some of the Danes legitimately wanting to hear him speak more after the fact was a nice touch in showing how the seeds of Christianity was brought to the vikings.

Great episode, and the cliffhanger definitely has me hyped for the following episode.
Sep 30, 2019 12:01 PM

Jul 2016
I said I won't get fond of any character in a series like this one but damn, Canute looks so soft it's being a bit difficult to keep my word.

Overall, decent episode. Quite calm until the last few minutes. I wonder how Askeladd and co. will manage to overcome their current situation.

It also seems we will get a new OP and ED next week. Already missing Aimer's voice but well.
Sep 30, 2019 2:45 PM
Jun 2015
Inugirlz said:
I realize now that I wait every episode just for the chance to see Thorfinn wreck shit. Stupid cliffhanger. All those archers are dead next episode though.
I will save this comment for the next episode that will definitely surprise you
Sep 30, 2019 2:50 PM
Oct 2017
"Bjorn, don't let that conehead breathe" The Ear gives no fucks...
Sep 30, 2019 5:14 PM

Mar 2019
Elucid said:
Oh man, I love the dialogue. Such fascinating conversations and politics. I love the Wales conflict and geography.
"A hawk, it's so low. Catch it Ragnar". This line is perfect for Canute's introduction, it shows how incompetent and less interested Canute is when it comes to politics.
The talk about love was interesting, it gives us a retrospective of how Vikings were as they had no love and only glory.
There's only better to come guys, can't wait for the next cour.

I "love" to see how a probable conversion is hinted from that love talk. That's how cultures mingle and clash.
my dark magical girl webseries
https://unsafemahoushoujo.wordpress.com/blog/
Sep 30, 2019 5:19 PM

May 2011
justaway_neo said:
I wonder what will happen to him that will make him be known as Cnut the Great.

In the episode, Askeladd told something along the lines "Men for whom I have instant fondness end to disappoint me. There might be promise in a temperament like his."
Make that what you will.
Sep 30, 2019 6:33 PM

Jun 2015
Wait, where is that place where Leif was seen at the end?
Sep 30, 2019 7:34 PM

Jul 2009
Gabisu said:
Inugirlz said:
I realize now that I wait every episode just for the chance to see Thorfinn wreck shit. Stupid cliffhanger. All those archers are dead next episode though.
I will save this comment for the next episode that will definitely surprise you

Nooo this sounds like he won’t get to wreck shit 😭😭😭
Sep 30, 2019 7:46 PM

Jun 2015
_MushiRock11_ said:
shane_nichols said:
Now I don't know about that. Remember, we were delayed an episode because of the typhoon.

New ED next episode confirmed implicitly by Aimer herself.

https://twitter.com/Aimer_and_staff/status/1178333751148892161?s=20

I can't confirm on the Op status at the moment but I seem to vaguely recall checking one of the creator's post where he hinted that the this 1st Op will stick around for a bit longer. But maybe that was a mistake on my part, please don't take my word on it.
No, both OP and ED will be changed.
For those who are interested
Sep 30, 2019 8:07 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Switch_Z said:
No, both OP and ED will be changed.
For those who are interested

Right well, thanks for the confirmation!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 30, 2019 9:36 PM
Jul 2018
dont understand why do another time they have to include that fanservice?! seriously it really feels like ripped from random third rated ecchi shows and looks out-of-place for a show like this! incredibly disappointing. Otherwise wished I could binge this show. Even the buildup episode is turning out to be very fun at this point. Reminds me of the experience I had with last year's lotgh remake.

edit: wow that "masterful" panel caught me off guard XD okay I assuming same reason behind the last episode as well.
removed-userOct 1, 2019 10:07 PM
Sep 30, 2019 10:01 PM
Aug 2019
SkyDrop said:
dont understand why do another time they have to include that fanservice?! seriously it really feels like ripped from random third rated ecchi shows and looks out-of-place for a show like this! incredibly disappointing. Otherwise wished I could binge this show. Even the buildup episode is turning out to be very fun at this point. Reminds me of the experience I had with last year's lotgh remake.

It’s to show that even though Askeladd’s men and Thorkell’s men are trying to kill each other, they are exactly the same. They are Vikings, if they weren’t in a war they would probably be friends.
Sep 30, 2019 11:09 PM

Jul 2016
computerwizard said:
I think Canute will end up being an interesting character.

I would think so as he is one of the more famous people in history.
Oct 1, 2019 2:05 AM

Jan 2019
I'm quite surprised with the score this time around, more than episode 19's score actually.
Some interesting dialogue and setting buildup, including more of Canute. Do people not like the slow pacing? No action?
I really don't know at this point. A really fascinating episode underrated... hmmm...
Oct 1, 2019 4:12 AM

May 2014
Highlights these
Canute is a girl and will end with love with Thorfinn
And the new king will be Thorfinn...
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Just watch what you may like.
Don't watch it and don't make bad comment about it.
Every anime wants to be praised.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Oct 1, 2019 4:56 AM

Jul 2014
Starting to make Askeladd my favorite in the series
"Everyone fails sometimes
But dreams won't fade, dreams won't fade
Let's chase them as many times as it takes and don't lose
Because today after all is today and once you wake up, it'll be a new morning"

~Aqours~
Oct 1, 2019 6:56 AM

May 2015
SkyDrop said:
lol this isn't fanservice,they're talking about sweyn reward for saving canute,and they imagine the king's harem.
nanashi796Oct 1, 2019 7:00 AM
Oct 1, 2019 7:06 AM

Jan 2019
transphinx said:
Elucid said:
Oh man, I love the dialogue. Such fascinating conversations and politics. I love the Wales conflict and geography.
"A hawk, it's so low. Catch it Ragnar". This line is perfect for Canute's introduction, it shows how incompetent and less interested Canute is when it comes to politics.
The talk about love was interesting, it gives us a retrospective of how Vikings were as they had no love and only glory.
There's only better to come guys, can't wait for the next cour.

I "love" to see how a probable conversion is hinted from that love talk. That's how cultures mingle and clash.

Yeah, that's a pretty neat touch to the story. It gives it more of a realistic feel. After all, this was during the last age of the Viking era when Nordic people started converting to Christianity and Norse mythology began to die out.
ElucidOct 1, 2019 7:14 AM
Oct 1, 2019 7:20 AM

Feb 2017
the voice of somebody who have a pee pee KEKW

nanashi796 said:
SkyDrop said:
dont understand why do another time they have to include that fanservice?! seriously it really feels like ripped from random third rated ecchi shows and looks out-of-place for a show like this! incredibly disappointing.
lol this isn't fanservice,they're talking about sweyn reward for saving canute,and they imagine the king's harem.

@skydrop busted lmao

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Oct 1, 2019 9:35 AM

Nov 2017
nanashi796 said:
SkyDrop said:

That's a masterpiece of a panel!
Oct 1, 2019 11:46 AM

Aug 2009
Things are getting very interesting.
Oct 1, 2019 6:02 PM

Aug 2015
Great episode. Loved how it wasn't all about fighting. Interesting to see the fictional world more. It seems like that the next episode will be all about fighting...I ain't complaining 😂😂😂
Oct 2, 2019 5:08 AM

May 2019
The thematic concern of 'love' is introduced, which I think will underpin the rest of the series, albeit in a much darker and realistic way than the romanticised variation common in Shonen. An amazing episode narratively and aesthetically.

Thorfinn's disdainful sneer at the possibility of death, for me, encapsulates the essence of his character. His enemies are just a statistic - a stepping stone.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Oct 2, 2019 7:01 AM

Aug 2011
Good episode.
Really interesting to follow, with interesting backgrounds and talks.
It's just amazingly slow sometimes, and that's what I do not like on the serie
Oct 2, 2019 7:20 AM

Aug 2018
Felt so bad for Leif. Another great episode. Can't wait to see what the future holds in store for the guys. But do you think Thorkell paid the enemy Wales nation to betray the guys?