Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Hero Is Overpowered but Overly Cautious (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Oct 7, 2019 11:37 PM

Feb 2017
I loved the variety of expresions and deformation ristare showed us xD
Oct 8, 2019 2:56 AM
Jan 2018
AfroWarrior27 said:
SoraSenpai said:
This was garbage. Utter garbage. Like they tried so hard to be funny and it was just not funny. Then they add fan service to try and hook you...but it doesn't help. Not a great start to this series imo.

Garbage opinion.

comedy is subjective there's always someone that doesn't find something funny that others do
Oct 8, 2019 4:22 AM

Apr 2018
Ah shit, here we go again. Another isekai and this looks like another generic one. I think the humor is fine but gets overboard at times. Also, I feel some Aqua vibes from the goddess
Oct 8, 2019 4:36 AM

Nov 2013
LOOOL enjoying the hell out of this so far....The goddess is hilarious af !
The voice acting is great and the animation looks solid as well

I love how they’re addressing the isekai trend in Japan too, but doing something unorthodox with the story. Well done , great first episode .
Oct 8, 2019 10:00 AM
May 2018
Mattinator95 said:
AfroWarrior27 said:

Garbage opinion.

comedy is subjective there's always someone that doesn't find something funny that others do

There's no need for them to be a complee and utter stick in the mud though.
Oct 8, 2019 12:49 PM

Apr 2013
Konosuba but op Kazuma.
Oct 8, 2019 4:11 PM

Apr 2012
It's like Aqua and Goblin Slayer (with powers) going up against a thicc Albedo.
I like it; I'm hooked :)
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Oct 8, 2019 9:24 PM

Nov 2014
Pretty good, although I can see the "cautiousness" of the main character becoming pretty annoying later on.

Oct 9, 2019 1:37 AM

Jan 2015
This one exceeded my expectations for the firet episode. Could turn out to be a really good isekai.
Oct 9, 2019 3:40 AM

Dec 2018
I mean, this show isn't bad, but it's also not anything outstanding. The comedy is really what makes the show shines the most as I find myself laughing at the self-awareness the anime shows and the very cautious isekai hero. The rest are just average things you usually find in every isekai anime.
Oct 9, 2019 4:48 AM
Oct 2019
MAN im loving this more than the others of this genre. The fact that he being so cautious borderlines on mental disorder is absolutely brilliant!! He is the ripped over powered version of sheldon from big bang series. The fact that the mc and goddess are hitting certain walls and challenges due to mc personality while introducing plot twists at the same time, Gives the series unlimited potential for anything to happen. This series can easily go black clover, or go no where plot wise just pumping out comedy episodes, or it can go slice of life, a goddess learning how to deal with his social disorder.

I just pray the mc doesnt become over powered, like overlord/one punch man or like the other genres. He is strong but opponents are stronger, keep that going please. The struggles are real, is why i enjoy anime.
Oct 10, 2019 6:28 AM

Apr 2017
please someone tell me i'm not the only one feeling konosuba vibes from this anime!
Oct 10, 2019 11:22 PM
Sep 2019
Nice first episode. The show manages to be funny, I’m just wondering how long they’ll be able to push the same joke or if there’ll be some kind of character development.
Oct 11, 2019 10:45 PM
Nov 2018
The reactions from the goddess were hilarious, but other than that it was mediocre.
Oct 12, 2019 10:28 AM

Jan 2013
What a great start! Love the Konosuba style animations.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 12, 2019 1:43 PM

Feb 2008
Finally, my kind of a hero. Thorough preparation is everything.

Ristarte provides a fine contrast to the impossibly cautious hero. Her antics and over-the-top reactions are hilarious.

I do feel sorry for the slime, though...
Oct 13, 2019 6:55 AM

Nov 2014

LOL, it was hilarious .. the goddess remind me of Aqua they really got similiar perk XD. and the Hero really cautious as hell :D.

the voice acting on Seiya & Ristarte was really good, even better with that priceless and hilarious expression from her XD.

that atomic split slash tho .... and that final scene XD... can't stop laughing at that. can't wait to see more of hilarious moments from them.
and Yepp as usual the OP, sound of isekai !! Myth&Roid!!! It was really good, one of my fav OP this season. the ED was kinda good too.
Oct 14, 2019 9:03 PM

Feb 2018
I was expecting a normal isekai lol. I guess I'll watch, but the mc really annoyed me. HE'S REALLY ANNOYING
Oct 17, 2019 1:42 AM
Nov 2018
Death-itself said:
The 1st episode was just too good i would give it 5/5 . The comedy in a single episde was top notch and the hero was damn good it gave me vibes of konosuba from very start , the mc is a little more cautious than kazuma n the goddess is little better too (she gave him money ) and the comedy of this episode compared to konosuba 1st episode was better , but if only they keep track of it .
lol not even close
Oct 20, 2019 2:17 AM
Oct 2019
I absolutely hated this, it sucked major balls. Complete waste of time to watch was hoping for something that was actually good, but they failed miserably attempting to be KonoSuba
Oct 21, 2019 12:06 AM
Jul 2017
That Ristarte so called goddess is inept. And Seiya trains like a Super Saiyan to get his powers up. Seiya's voice sounds flat like he's smoking some good shit like reefer. And can't Ristarte just leave Seiya alone while he trains like a Super Saiyan to get a six pack and be unstoppable? Can't they give Seiya something a little more challenging? And Ristarte, she's a closeted hentai girl.
Oct 23, 2019 6:44 AM
Jan 2018
mflames said:
MAN im loving this more than the others of this genre. The fact that he being so cautious borderlines on mental disorder is absolutely brilliant!! He is the ripped over powered version of sheldon from big bang series. The fact that the mc and goddess are hitting certain walls and challenges due to mc personality while introducing plot twists at the same time, Gives the series unlimited potential for anything to happen. This series can easily go black clover, or go no where plot wise just pumping out comedy episodes, or it can go slice of life, a goddess learning how to deal with his social disorder.

I just pray the mc doesnt become over powered, like overlord/one punch man or like the other genres. He is strong but opponents are stronger, keep that going please. The struggles are real, is why i enjoy anime.

"Seiya represents the class of RPG players who take the max-out grinding approach to gameplay (ie. those who max out their stats as much as possible before doing game quests)" - a comment from page 1 of the thread
Oct 23, 2019 6:45 AM
Jan 2018
Basically the MC is like a RPG gamer but Cautious to the max lol
Oct 23, 2019 11:29 AM

Dec 2014
This one is actually interesting. The main character is overpowered like every other isekai show, but in this one he's crippled by an excessive need to overanalyze and prepare for everything. Its a gimmick, but it at least sets it apart from other bland, uninspired isekai shows from the last couple seasons.

The only question I have is, how long does it take before the joke gets old? Its gonna take a lot of effort to keep making that joke land while keeping it fresh
Oct 24, 2019 4:13 AM
Jan 2019
This first ep is already way better than all 1st eps from previous season isekai xD Let's see whether they can keep the joke funny.
Oct 24, 2019 1:32 PM

Apr 2012
Please tell me that this show is actually a crossover ship from Aqua and Tatsuya Shiba. In any case, I like the way it parody the invincible LN protagonists. It feels like that after the first episode alone, I immediately got experience of 5-6 such LN.
Oct 27, 2019 8:09 PM

Aug 2018
I was waiting for an anime like this one very long time
Oct 28, 2019 10:01 AM

Jul 2009
I laughed way harder than I should, especially during the slime part. MC reminds me so much of Sousuke from Fullmetal Panic and the goddess is pretty much an Aqua expy. The comedy is heavily reliant on a certain gimmick so I can see it becoming repetitive later on, but I'll continue watching as long as it stays funny.
Oct 29, 2019 7:40 AM

Jun 2017
Damn, I'm getting Aqua vibes from that blonde goddess, I guess I'll be watching this anime too. What a nice episode, it's hilarious in every way but they went overboard on some parts, still funny though, Aki Toyosaki's voice acting is great, nothing less from the VA of Altair.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Nov 9, 2019 4:07 AM

Dec 2008
I have missed such wild facial expressions in a show.
And the tits on that demon broad...NOICE! ALmost as big as the goddess that was sipping tea earlier. I am won over already by this show lol. ON WARD, EVER ONWARD I SAYS!! ^^
Nov 13, 2019 12:27 AM

Aug 2015
I expected discount Konosuba, and I feel that's pretty much what I got. It was actually pretty funny, and they did a nice job animating funny faces on Ristarte and Chaos Machina, who is also mai waifu

I think this is what Konosuba would be if Kazuma was Aqua and Aqua was Kazuma
Nov 15, 2019 9:01 AM
Aug 2019
This hero is quite the risk taker! Living on the edge! I mean...what if the Risarte only ate the one non-poisoned onigiri and the rest were poisoned. Or since she's immortal she is immune to the poison. He could have died right there for being so careless!
Nov 16, 2019 12:28 PM

Sep 2019
quite a realistic hero I would say, I mean if I got transfered to some demon world then I too would be as cautious as he is, being killed by demons is not a laughing matter, no pretty woman in the world would be enough to convince me to risk my life LOL.
5/5 for this episode.
Nov 23, 2019 5:44 AM
Jun 2013
funny first episode. The lead comes off like a jerk, but not in an annoying way. I also loved how overboard he went on that slime.
Nov 27, 2019 8:06 PM

Feb 2014
Another tryhard "muh deconstruction" LN adaptation, with the same shitty tsukkomi comedy that wouldn't know subtlety even if it hit it in its face, and tries to constantly point towards itself by screaming how "clever" and "funny" it is being. There wasn't a single moment where the show tried to "show" you the story and comedy and let you get immersed in its world, instead of "telling" it through annoying rambling dialogues. And yeah, Ristarte does seem like a discount Aqua, even her voice is similar.
Nov 27, 2019 9:01 PM
Dec 2017
after watching 8 episodes i returned to say that this is easily the best anime this season and one of the best isekai ever , and to every one who read this comment just give this anime a chance
Dec 1, 2019 1:27 AM

Jul 2013
Holy shit I love it already. I am gonna have so much fun with this one. Gotta admire Ristarte's range of voice too.
Dec 7, 2019 9:55 AM
Dec 2019
Created an account just to come here and say that they are at episode 9 and it's FANTASTIC. So hilarious. Best anime I've seen in a while.
Dec 8, 2019 12:39 PM

Mar 2008
This guy would beat Angband on the first try.
Dec 20, 2019 6:44 AM

Jan 2013
MC is bland as cardboard, but Yellow Aqua was fun. I see potential in this.
Dec 29, 2019 4:38 PM

Apr 2012
I just finished this series and all I can say to those contemplating on watching:
DO IT NOW!
DON'T WAIT ANY LONGER!!
SIT BACK AND BRACE YOURSELF FOR THE RIDE!!!
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Dec 30, 2019 4:00 AM
Jul 2018
This was very good and funny. Really like Seiya and Rista's dynamic.
Dec 30, 2019 8:21 PM

Jun 2013
I didn't watch this when it first came out but my friend's favorite seiyuu, Ume-chan is doing Seiya's voice so I'm going to give it a try.

Not gonna lie, Ristarte's pretty funny. The way her voice actor said "six pack" and "sexy" were cute and funny at the same time.

Tbh, I don't have high hopes for this series but maybe it'll give me a few laughs here and there.
臭い-
Jan 18, 2020 12:21 PM

Dec 2018
Funny. hoping they add some character development or MC could become a pain later on. Hated the ending song.
Jan 22, 2020 8:20 AM

Apr 2011
That was a good start. The slime part was funny xD

Mar 27, 2020 9:00 PM

Oct 2016
First episode gave me a bad impression already

Basically a poor man's mix between KonoSuba, One Punch Man and Goblin Slayer. Didn't even chuckle once but will keep watching just because.
Apr 17, 2020 8:11 PM

Feb 2018
Konosuba ver 2 xD...
Apr 22, 2020 4:03 PM
Mar 2016
SkyLETV said:
Rista's thirst sure is wild, even the mini goddess had a nosebleed lmao.

I thought Rista's boobs were already big enough but Ariadoa definitely proved me wrong.

Not to mention the thicc demon girl at the end, thank you Lord for that thiccness!

Hilarious start, I love the Goddess and the dynamic with Seiya is great.

Oh dear satan yes to it all. >}
May 7, 2020 4:24 PM
Sep 2016
As a highly paranoid person I can relate to the MC.
if I ever came to an isekai world, I would behave like Seiya, maybe not super crazy like that but still super cautious.
Thanks RPG games, hardcore mode level games and ghetto upbringing for making me paranoid as fuq
Aug 13, 2020 9:09 PM

May 2019
I must be honest.

I was CAUTIOUS with this series, you know, another comedy isekai, does it worth?

But that OVERKILL scene got me!
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2019

179 by Beatnik »»
Jan 19, 2:49 AM

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2019

273 by vicok »»
Dec 13, 2023 3:10 PM

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2019

135 by Ayano_Kuma »»
Nov 8, 2023 4:57 AM

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2019

208 by brunoyilli »»
Oct 31, 2023 7:51 PM

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2019

94 by brunoyilli »»
Oct 31, 2023 9:30 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.