Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Oct 3, 2019 2:02 AM
Jan 2018
Akane_02 said:
If someone is Hestia ship, better give up cuz Hestia doesn't have a chance in LN. Bell still respects her like Goddess in the LN. So i hope Hestia will understand it on next volumes and will support Bell and Ais but this won't happen becuz Hestia still wants Bell's D. At least I am happy Oomori doesn't care anymore about her. But the J.C.Staff focuses more Hestia because they are fcking Hestia fan. Besides like a LN reader i didn't like the season. The season was very bad.
for the season my score: 3/10

I think epiosde 11 and the talk between Micah and hepthatus helps this episode .

It seems a few people have forgotten that convo
Oct 3, 2019 11:40 AM

Oct 2018
now the season is done. Tbh I still pick s1 is much better than this but it's not that bad at all. if s1 is 9/10, s2 would be 8/10. would love more adventure in the dungeon.

good ride. enjoyed it overall.
Oct 3, 2019 11:49 AM

Mar 2019
Good things: We got more characters, their lifes, stories, feelings...

Bad things: we got 0 dungeon adventures..

At the end i liked it, cause they showed us more of the danmachi universe.. but at same time im kinda dissapointed cause most of the series felt like filler or far from the original dungeon theme/story...

Hope 3rd season show us even more characters, BUT in a Dungeon atmosphere...

Ill give it a 8/10 plus +1 (Hestia Bonus) = 9/10...
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Oct 3, 2019 12:11 PM

Nov 2012
Mattinator95 said:
dragynfaerie said:

LOL It needs a new name. Harem no Bell-san perhaps.

An overall disappointing season,.

Familia myth is in the title in the anime so there's a hint .

Also apprently the author wanted to name it differently but the LN Editor would allow it so he was forced to use the one it has .

Orginally he wanted to call it familia myth I think or something with familia myth in it

Ah mystery solved. A different title would have made much more sense.
Oct 3, 2019 12:13 PM

Sep 2014
Quite the emotional episode to finish with, not that great season overall. Hope more dungeon stuff in the next season.
New monster girl cutie in the end nice.
Oct 5, 2019 4:42 PM

Jul 2016
Well, RIP Welf's character development. From what I have heard, this "arc" or Volume (or a part of it at least) covers some interesting events regarding him and his dilemma of being a Crozzo as well as his relationship with Hephaestus and how much he actually cares/loves her. Way to disappoint me again JC.

And so this awful season concludes. As expected, the harem comedy remained as atrocious as always and the fanservice was even worse. The balance between serious and "funny" moments was quite jarring as well and the general storytelling was mediocre at best.

2/10 - Season 3 was announced but honestly, I would prefer "Sword Oratoria" getting a second season with annoying Lefiya rather than having to deal with useless Hestia again.
Oct 5, 2019 11:43 PM

Apr 2018
Well this is decent. They focused on the different families instead of exploring dungeons but I'm guessing the next season will be that looking at the end scene
Oct 9, 2019 6:41 AM
Mar 2017
Forgot the entire series had to watched it again. Got disappointed a bit with this season. Overall it's good.

8/10
Oct 10, 2019 5:40 PM

Mar 2019
The season wasn't as strong as the first one for me, i mean it was just very fun, but this episode really got me in the feels somehow, i really liked how vulnerable they showed Bell at the end with Hestia (she's the best for sure), sometimes the protagonists on some series just seems like they can't do wrong and continue growing without showing any real pain and doubt so this was really cool to me when he was crying.
Oct 12, 2019 8:46 AM

Oct 2013
I personally enjoyed the show although the finale was a meh, but also there's one major problem about this show, Yeah the MC is Beta as fucc.

Overall score 7/10
Oct 13, 2019 1:40 AM

Mar 2015
This season felt transitional for sure, looks like we'll have to look forward to the third season!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 15, 2019 5:08 PM

Jul 2013
I think Bell would be made god in the end lol but anyway I didn't like this season very much. The first one was better and even the sword oratoria one was just a tiny weeny little bit better. Hope the sequel will be better and focus more on the dungeon. 6
Oct 17, 2019 4:56 AM
Nov 2013
Lets take the original idea we had for the series that made it popular... AND THROW IT OUT THE WINDOW.

That'll work for sure.

First Season 7/10
Second Season 4/10

This second season shouldn't even bear the same name as the first season.

The only thing I enjoyed was the second half of the opening... relatively speaking.

Also that ending scene better not be the fucking dragon -_-
NakuyOct 17, 2019 5:03 AM
Oct 19, 2019 4:56 PM

Dec 2013
A surprisingly emotional episode. Bell crying actually got to me a little.

Aiz also looked pretty cute in those clothes.

I think I enjoyed this season slightly more than the first but nothing was as good as the minotaur fight.

I'm looking forward to the next season.
Oct 22, 2019 2:11 PM
Apr 2018
Just finished the second season. Well a little disappointed to how they rushed it and kinda ruined it overall which was supposed to be two good arcs.
At least they ended in a normal and a bit of heartwarming way which was nice to see.
Ais and Bell saving hestia from Hades like heroes and then getting a nice village vibe for some relaxing moments while bell taking care of hestia

Ais and Hestia both looking pretty and adorable in the village outfits.

Really touching moment between old man karp and Goddess brigid. kinda bittersweet but Good feels. Rip Karm. Hope he gets to meet brigid someday.

The folk dance was a sweet moment as well. When Ais and hestia were dancing with the children and funny when hestia was scheming to get bell to dance with her since she heard the legend behind the dance xD

But the best moment came at near the end of the episode. The concept of a "immortal Love" between gods and their children. Which Hephaestus and the other god were trying to make Bell understand in Episode 11.

She can be jealous, possessive and yea a little annoying at times too but when the time comes she proves that she can be really serious and caring, especially for bell.

She in my opinion understands bell and loves him the most. I mean in the most tender and loving manner made him come out of his past trauma of abandonment and loneliness. Those lines from her were really sweet and heartwarming and comforted him so well. Lol he cried like a baby infront of her.No wonder Bell says she is the most important person to him. That was really touching.
Hestia proving why she is Bestia. I Hope now bell will start accepting her feelings since he wants to be with her now :)

and back to the familia we go with a warm welcome and the usual Antics xD

And a small sneak peak preview of the next season with a new Girl. In the just wanna say even though majority of the season was a disappointment due to the rush and some details being cut off. It was salvageable and worth to watch at least. Hope they do a really good job next season to cover up for this season and the OVA as well.
Cant wait for the next chapter of Danmachi. see you there.

Oct 26, 2019 7:53 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
So was Hestia just fulfilling her duty as goddess or is it hinted somewhat that she may be very similar or can temporarily "host" another god's spirit? They're both goddess of fertility and family. Also previous episode shows gods can be sent back up to Heaven
Oct 27, 2019 3:00 AM

Jun 2017
Well I guess that's that, it's finally over, a little emotion in this episode but not enough. I guess we'll have to wait another season to see what that ending cliffhanger is all about.

7/10
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Nov 5, 2019 3:54 AM

Aug 2018
I guess it was fine, 6/10. I personally don't like a few characters in this show and I have a few qualms about a few issues in the plot. But I will see what the author does in the next season, I want to see how he'll end it.

Nov 8, 2019 1:30 AM

Dec 2012
I prefer season.
8/10

Nov 14, 2019 12:17 AM

Sep 2012
don't tell me that the chick in the end is black dragon in human form and bell steals her heart to 😂😂😂😂

no dung boss fight steal bosses heart instant win 😂😂😂😂
Nov 14, 2019 10:17 PM
Dec 2012
TrisEverdeen said:
So was Hestia just fulfilling her duty as goddess or is it hinted somewhat that she may be very similar or can temporarily "host" another god's spirit? They're both goddess of fertility and family. Also previous episode shows gods can be sent back up to Heaven

That's more or less what I was wondering too. It either implied that she IS Brigid and had a blonde phase, or she can channel another goddess?

Can anyone with better knowledge of the universe clarify?

Also, this shouldn't have been a season 2, but more of a Bell continues to expand his harem outside of the dungeon.

I do always feel a bit bad about how much he likes Wahllenwhatsit and she more or less views him as a creature to be studied.
Nov 16, 2019 10:39 PM

Jun 2013
Honestly speaking I found this season disappointing compared to the first one. It's like the story just shifted focus to everyone wanting Bell instead of good old adventuring or dungeon raiding. The first arc was okay but second arc was boring. I am sure the last 2 episodes were just fillers but I kind of liked them.

The characters were some what annoying in this season too. And Bell seemed like the same generic MC he was in the first season with hardly any character development or maturity. This season also made me hate that scheming pervert Hermes who felt more like an antagonist exploiting Bell to further his agenda. Haruhime, Welf, Lili and Mikoto are nice addition to the Hestia Familia but I would've preferred new characters as the strongest ones(Welf & Mikoto) true allegiance lies with their own gods.

The action was also quite mediocre. The fight scenes were just clashing swords on swords until some gave up and then there is the most overused spell fire bolt. Like there was literally no creativity, no new spells, no new tactics.

I seriously hope the anime creators get their act together in season 3.
Nov 23, 2019 2:08 PM

Dec 2008
Funny how I predicted Apollo and a female goddess all female familia, but it ended up being Ishtar instead of HEra. Still wanted to see Ares, Thor, Baldr, Poseiden, Hades, Odin, and Zeus, as well as mezoamerican and african gods, but that never happens in anime sadly...show was okay, but got way too childish at times, breaking what hsould have been mature themed moments. The intro song sucked, and they did little to expand upon the dungeon, focusing on the gods petty bs instead. I still dont get why the show is called " picking up girsl in dungeons" Bell is too much of a sissy. Even Welf just sticks to his smithy instead of getting laid or anything worthwhile. At least HErmes was still kinda cool, but even he got schooled in the bed by Ishtar and cried like a little bitch. BArely a 6/10 show...
Nov 25, 2019 10:49 PM

Sep 2014
God Hestia is so annoying.

I can only hope she gets a lot less screen time in S3.
Dec 11, 2019 9:05 PM

May 2010
I thought this was about dungeons!
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Dec 20, 2019 11:43 AM

Sep 2019
Fuck! at last I've finished this trash season. I was desperate to finish this shit as quick as possible but actually what a pain I've felt while watching it I'm not gonna forget those cringe moments not those dick moments where bell tried to be a total dick hero. This is even worst then the previous arc (Sward women orario)

3/10, I'm done with this shit, not gonna watch anymore.
Dec 20, 2019 11:47 AM

Sep 2019
Confucius said:
I thought this was about dungeons!
so did I fam. Haven't thought it would be total Click bait season. lol
Dec 22, 2019 5:38 PM

Mar 2013
Wait I'm confused - in this series when Ishtar and Brigid "died", they simply returned to Heaven. However in the movie, when Artemis died, she just straight up died. Is there a reason for the difference? E.G. was it because while the other two died by straight up being killed (Ishtar bitch-slapped off a tower, Brigid killed by a monster), Artemis was actually consumed by a monster?
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Jan 14, 2020 4:57 PM
Apr 2016
More Hestia love problems! This time it's a happy conclusion.
Jan 26, 2020 10:28 PM
Feb 2016
Meh first season is better. Too much action but the animation is kind of sloppy and nothing changes for bell instead his harem numbers. Oh well at least its still enjoyable
Jan 27, 2020 9:36 AM
Jan 2017
Soo for me this season didnt seem as good as the 1st one. The 1st one i remember being about Belle trying to get stronger and help build up Hestia's Familia. And while this season did greatly expand hestia familia I felt there coulda been more action. The war games were fun but idk I felt this season went a bit too heavy on the drama. the budding romance with Hestia and Belle was nice though
overall 9/10
Mar 15, 2020 6:56 AM
Mar 2012
Apollo arc & Ishtar arc were both well paced. Some good fights especially during Haruhime rescue. Old & new characters keep the fun vibe of danmachi. Nice to have the familia gradually grow thru the arcs, and they setup black dragon to pique future interest. Karm, Bell, & Hestia parts were cute to end the show.
Dont got a high bar when it's surprisingly mostly better than Index3...or opm2....or DAL3, jcstaff pls.
kitsune/10
Mar 21, 2020 1:01 PM
Mar 2017
am i the only one who thinks this season is better than season 1 ?
Apr 7, 2020 5:37 AM

Oct 2017
Damn I gotta say, although both seasons are great, season 1 is just slightly better than season 2.
Apr 26, 2020 6:06 AM

Jul 2009
Season 1 was better...and a new girl in the end, I am sure she will be crazy about Bell too tsk
Apr 28, 2020 2:50 AM
Oct 2017
Don't want another season of waffling, this dude needs to make a decision & get wet ffs.
May 7, 2020 9:50 AM

Apr 2013
Although i remember all the events since i read the lightnovel and watched the second season... the anime was so forgetable it felt like i watching this for the first time during my 2nd run-through. Oh well... at least i got a recap for season 3. Though that's assuming the delays from coronavirus won't affect the release date... Too lazy to check to make sure... Then again i can always go back to the novels again.

Jul 24, 2020 12:36 PM

Jan 2015
That season wasn't something special. It didn't have dungeon exploring it was more like familia drama. Slightly better than Sword Oratoria but worse than s2. 5/10
Aug 15, 2020 7:00 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
The final episode, same from the last, a bland adaptation that still had its moments, I didn't like the last side story (this one adapted), up till near the end... but I really liked Hestia's response to Bell.
I don't think she is fit for him, as a lover, but that was beautifully done and sent the message across, don't fear the limitations of humans and just enjoy what we have, I will find you someday, even if you look completely different, and I will invite you again to my familia, so cute~~

In the end, because they had 2 full episodes to deal with the last side story (of 6) of volume 8, I think it was still a better job than that last episode with the War Game battle, and most of Haruhime's arc.

LOTS of potential wasted especially with Haruhime's.
I liked that they choose to adopt only 3 volumes, so as to adapt Xenos arc in one go, and the possible do 12-14 in one go as well, makes sense, but the staff and director need to awake from now, or they will just end up wasting a great source material that could become an amazing anime in capable hands.

Anyways, seeing Wiene at the end really gave my heart a good hug, I really cant wait to see Wiene adapted, she is my hype for Fall 2020, even if they fuck up the rest.

7.3/10 = 7

jaldaen said:

Having read the novels, I can say that season three will be huge if it's done right. The next arc is what sent Is it Wrong to my must-read pile (before that is was just a "fun" read). Everything up to this point was just table-setting and getting Bell and Hestia Family to the right place to influence what is to come.

Agreed, though I have to say, vol3 and vol7 were really great reads, they just fucked vol7 adaptation a lot, they lacked the right talent to bring it out to the fullest.
Which again makes me fear a bit for S3, but I still want to see it adapted no matter what for Wiene.

Horn_dawg_2019 said:
Ok, so in the end it kinda looks like that Bell chooses Hestia over Ains, but who was that girl that just came out from the rock????

For Bell, love for a goddess means like familial love for him, she is almost like a mother to him, he wants to stay with her forever in that sense.

Aiz is the one he loves, as a woman.
That girl means spoilers, but I will be kind to you and not spoil too much:

Now take this and imagine how much of a revolution this means for the setting of Danmachi, and you will be able to glimpse some of the potentials this can bring... it is fully accomplished within volumes 9-11, which are going to be adapted as S3.

The problem is that for the adaptation to shine, they need to adapt it much better than S2 since we are referring to LN material that is far more complex and serious, they are not just handling some rom-com action dungeon any longer.
It won't become as dark as Berserk, but from volume 9 forward and up to vol14 so far, the LN has grown a lot in maturity and complexity.

The writer had this idea he wanted, and I think he surpassed it and gave us quite a lot more than we would expect from the series in the beginning.
PlaycoolAug 15, 2020 7:03 AM
Aug 27, 2020 11:17 AM

May 2020
Season with drama closing was really not excited. There's no big deal happened. Ais in household form was suit. 8/10 better than season one.
Aug 30, 2020 2:30 PM

Nov 2019
There's quite a bit of artificial, forced drama this season and despite leveling up Bell hasn't really changed any.

The series is just treading water at this point.
Sep 21, 2020 1:19 PM

Jan 2009
as expected Bell x Hestia happen nice one

so what does Hestias reaction mean when she asked Ais what is Bell kun to her? Ais said Bell is just like a rabbit to her so is that mean she treats Bell like a precious pet only and not a lover? interesting if that is the case

Hestia with her hair down is more beautiful

Ais meanwhile is so angry with dragons? maybe her family was killed by one or something
Sep 22, 2020 2:20 AM

Jun 2020
Final verdict: Season 1 was better than Season 2, however this second season was still enjoyable. I am cautiously looking forward to Season 3, I hope it goes back to its roots concerning dungeon crawling. While this whole god politics thing is cool, the reason I enjoyed Season 1 was its simplicity, this season felt too big for what it really was.

I guess that is what happens when a show follows a LN/Manga, they don't really have much of a choice on what they can and can't do story-wise.
Have a great day!

Sep 23, 2020 5:04 AM

Oct 2016
Ais is still the one Bell really loves, I mean she is the whole reason why he wants to become stronger. But, he loves Hestia more like a familial type.

Overall I think production quality wise season 1 was better but, my enjoyment is pretty equal throughout. I love this series and I can't wait for season 3 .

8/10
Sep 30, 2020 7:33 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Idk why, but i feel this last one was a weak one. But, its good to know more about the affection that god or goddess always mentioned, especially by how annoying my damn loli kami sama threw on it in the entire season 1 and 2, so far. So, yeah, this episode proved to be solid with its main subjections, no matter how far the relations between God/Goddess, its always be pure, and forever be intacted even if the death reach you all. Pretty sweet end, eh? So, yeah, thats it what i believed.

6.625 per total, additional 0.375 points mark for my personal add, its 7/10 for me.

Thats it.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 4, 2020 12:31 AM
Jul 2020
I personally loved this
Oct 15, 2020 10:54 PM

Feb 2019
You know, last episode I had my doubts, but I think they really did a solid ending to the season despite there not being a big conflict to resolve. They kind of solved a conflict that has been unspoken for the longest time in this episode, which I thought was nice. I'm glad that they've expressed their love for one another and aren't afraid to do so, but I can't begin to imagine Hestia's pain in the future. Imagine: forever, she sees the one she loves die again and again, and she has to recreate their relationship from scratch again and again. It's like having a significant other with dementia, but you feel the pain of losing them forever and ever. It's terribly sad, but I assume they're not going to look at it that way.

I'm just wondering: What did Ais mean by a rabbit? Maybe some symbolism (like a pet, or an animal, or not human)? And what did Bell mean by wanting to be with Hestia forever? Did he want to be with her as a child in her familia or an actual lover? Too bad they didn't give definitive answers.

Almost hopped on the feels train but the train pulled away before it had me. Overall, impressive last episode, considering my expectations for it.
Oct 16, 2020 2:42 AM

Nov 2019
Takadono said:
I'm just wondering: What did Ais mean by a rabbit?

His appearance/behavior. He looks/acts like a rabbit (well, used to act like a rabbit).

It's one of the first descriptors used for him back when the series started.
Nov 15, 2020 11:36 AM

Sep 2018
The episode with an old narrative stratagem starts off on the right foot, immediately putting curiosity in what will come next. The narration deals well and comprehensively with the topic started in the previous episode and bringing it to completion without neglecting anything and in the meantime the script has the merit of not fossilizing only on this, but of putting the flea in the ear of the spectator by showing something interesting and also asking some other questions and in the final part by passing a background message and giving us a mouth-watering cliffhanger waiting for those who have waited for the third season of this anime. Second season that does not make you regret the previous one and that bodes well for what will have to come with the third season or later in the near future.

8/10
Dec 10, 2020 11:16 AM

Aug 2017
The final episode was somewhat sad and I would have preferred if the situation would have made more sense than a comic relief God causing trouble and Hestia acting dumb to move the plot lol. Although man we hardly know this old man and he dies in the same episode, I must say that his character has a good closure.

Overall, this season was terrible.

-The Apollo arc was average and I was more interested in Lili and the Soma Familia plot finally being resolved than the main event.
-The Ishtar arc was a huge waste of time especially since the pacing is awful slow and there's a lot of inconsistencies. It's worse when in the end the plot device called Haruhime never was a prostitute and the main antagonist is still simping for Bell.
-The Ares arc was a joke. Surprisingly the ending is sad but the beginning was awful.

Special mention to the lack of Dungeon here made the first season look like a masterpiece in comparasion.

3/10 for the anime.
NurguburuDec 10, 2020 11:20 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2019

116 by Donkunsan »»
Feb 27, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2019

121 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2019

167 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 9:28 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2019

125 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 9:04 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2019

139 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 8:43 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.