Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Post New Reply
Oct 7, 5:21 PM

Somewhat but really only because some isekais just follow boring cliches and plot with no change.
my life tends to just be 4 four things, school, anime, sleeping and roaming the internet

Oct 7, 5:22 PM

Toastinos said:
Definitely. I don't know a single good Isekai anime.

Digimon Adventure, Magic Knight Rayearth, Escaflowne, Twelve Kingdoms. :P

Oct 7, 8:05 PM

I actually don't. Maybe I'm just open to trying stuff but yeah.

Oct 7, 8:20 PM
As for me yeah I did get sick of isekai animes..
But that because the animation is totally shit compared to the original story in LN or even mangas..
If anything, they are being overly downgraded to the points thats the production seems shitty or downright boring..
if its animes we are talking about

Oct 7, 10:16 PM

Isekai can be interesting, not on a magnum opus level, but at least I can imagine it being so. It's not about the concept of Isekai that makes itself seem atrocious, but I believe it's the fact that the industry milks the concept till it shrivels itself, becoming a distorted version of "running away from reality and responsibility". So, execution-wise, as you said, is making me sick.
. . .

Oct 7, 10:31 PM

Not really. I mean one day Isekai are going to stop at one point, might well enjoy the ride. But I'm curious what next genre of anime going to blow up. I know there was time there was unlimited mech anime, I missed that.

Oct 7, 10:34 PM

Yeah. I enjoyed Isekai back when it was first getting popular. It was fun. Sometimes it didn't make a whole lot of sense, but it was fun. But then the subgenre boomed and out came a bunch of Isekai shows of varying degrees of quality. Some of these felt like copies of copies. I do still enjoy a few of the newer Isekai shows tho - like That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime. I just try to avoid the bad ones and focus on the good.
Ya boy is going to Con+Alt+Delete 2019 in Chicago! See you there!

Oct 7, 10:37 PM

Kinda. I've always hated the whole concept of self-insert characters aimed to be "relatable" for the target audience (which I think are usually teens or young adults).

I am also tired of bad LN being adapted. Basically all of them are the same concept, with the same archetypes, even with the same fucking character design. You can literally go to Photoshop, put Kirito's face on it and then alter the hair and eyes by a little and you have Tatsuya, Kazuma, Maou, Isei, and so on.

I just avoid an Isekai if I see that the synopsis sounds generic. But there is definitively way too much now a days.

Oct 7, 10:52 PM

Yes...
Because they are reusing the same recipe to make an isekai anime. You need a male, simpleton character sent, or usually reborn in a fantasy world that has some girls interested in him, (or usually just to spark interest on the male viewers for their next seasonal "waifu") or usually is terribly overpowered just to keep on with the "plot"...
We are EVERYWHERE...

Oct 7, 11:55 PM

I like them, though I'm on a bit of crappy streak right now, having watched average to terrible Isekai series lately, Okaa-san Online being the worst one yet.

Oct 8, 1:49 AM

Yes
Yes I am, so the seasonal list has more actual decent anime instead of always like 5 or 6.
I've lost hope for a new actual GOOD Isekai that brings something unique to the table.
Call me crazy, but the only one I'm looking forward to is the second season of Re:Zero.

Oct 8, 1:51 AM

I'm mostly just not watching them. Same way I'm mostly not watching sports anime or idol anime etc.

Oct 8, 2:35 AM

Tbh. I want Isekai hype to die already. It's not that good anymore. The only exception is Saihate no paladin that I wish got adapted, but Isekai became trash. Summer season is the proof of that.

Oct 8, 2:59 AM

No, but i still prefer good ones and something out of the ordinary. Most isekai that i see starts like this: main mc gets transported, gained op powers, gets a harem *boom* the end.
Probably in the future. They'll be more diverse.

Y'all be good folks.
Lolis are Beautiful Angels.

Oct 8, 3:05 AM

I don't hate it as a genre, but most of the ones that come out of this genre are pretty bad. So, no, not getting tired of it as a genre because there are some decent ones around, and I don't think isekai is going away any time soon.

Oct 8, 3:19 AM

Eh, not really. The good one's are entertaining enough and the bad one's are...well, bad. It's just another "genre boom" that happens every now and then. Eventually the well will dry up and another genre will eventually become popular and take it's place.

Oct 8, 3:57 AM
I'm already sick of them,
But the fact is isekai is very popular in Japan so surely there will be more isekais

Oct 9, 8:47 AM

wangon said:
addy-noven said:

yes, I can see what u mean, like
Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody
another world with my smartphone
Isekai Cheat Magician
how not to summon a demon lord
have more or less the same plot...
and The Worst Isekai Anime (Master of Ragnarok and Blesser of Einherjar)
and the list can go one and one...
I found an isekai manga that has the concept of the main character having 3 different spirits and with them, he's able to be op. Would be nice to see that get adapted since we haven't seen an isekai anime like it

concept 3 different spirits but if he got op. in the end than how it was different from other like 'how not to summon a demon lord'...

̿' ̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=( ͡ °_̯͡° )=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿

Oct 9, 12:18 PM

Sphinxter said:
Where are all of them? I've only ever encountered: The Familiar of Zero, No Game, no Life, Astarotte's Toy, Re:Zero, and Sword Art Online?

Where are all these thousands of "Isekai" shows that I constantly hear complaining about?
they are coming out every season.
this season went totally overboard with 4 new isekai and an SAO sequel. 5 freaking isekai in one season! wow that's a lot for a sub-genre like that.

Oct 9, 9:10 PM

I'm more sick of people here complaining about them all the time. There are tons of threads like this

Oct 10, 4:44 AM

No because I don't watch them. But I must say that I'm getting tired of threads asking if I'm sick of Isekai.

▲ ▲

«REVs»
«NP Games»
«Male/Female»
«Favorites (+Awards)»
"Life isn’t just doing things for yourself."

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]