Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
what do you think?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 27, 2019 3:58 AM
Nov 2016
ssjokg said:
Yeah he only tries to kill his friends and companions. I rather take the screaming idiot that can kill demons and save others, which he does.
So what if Sasuke doesnt scream?Doesnt make him any better.

Sasuke is a fucked up individual, he's not any better than Zenitsu but he's more enjoyable to watch because he doesn't scream like an idiot all the time. An anime can have a murderous villain and still be enjoyable to watch because he doesn't scream 24/7. On the other hand, if you have a whinny annoying retarded idiot like Zenitsu screaming all the time then he's going to be more annoying than the villain no matter how you slice it. Is Zenitsu a good person? yes he is, is he annoying as fuck? you bet he is, he is definitely annoying as fuck.

ssjokg said:

Was the manga saved from being axed when he came into the picture?Yes.
Is he popular among Japanese fans whose opinions matter unlike the ones in this stupid self centered forum?Yes
Is the anime still pretty high despite some people complaining about disliking something MOST people like?Yes.

I don't know if that's true but that's irrelevant, just because the manga was saved by Zenitsu it doesn't mean that the character can't be annoying in the anime. His comedy worked better in the manga because we didn't have to listen to that ear-raping yelling, in the manga his comedy only lasted a couple of panels and that's it, in the anime his annoying loud comedy last forever and plenty of people finds that annoying for the same reason plenty of others find Asta annoying in Black Clover.

The manga could have been saved by Zenitsu but the anime didn't, the anime already had a good score before Zenitsu came into the picture and the rating kept getting higher after episode 19. This anime didn't got better because of Zenitsu, this anime is good because it's a good anime.
Sep 27, 2019 4:02 AM

Dec 2018
ssjokg said:
Yuri-Crusader said:

Who the fuck care about Japanese kids? And yes I understand the biggest market for anime is i Japan , and our opinions doesn't matter much ,But still a lot of people dont like him by a reason , I cant stand him the constant noise and crying gets on my nerves,,, And im going to release my review tomorrow when the last episode have aired and the anime is going to get less point because i cant stand that character and the humour,, Then if Japanese kids agree or not I dont give a fuck

And now you sound like that crying idiot.

Bravo!

LinXiaoti said:

try to kill his companion, that's call antagonist and for martial arts adventure anime need lot of antagonist. dumbas.

Except that Sasuke tries to kill ALL his companions, not just his Leaf Team.
Naruro,Sakura, Taka members...

That's not being an antagonist. That's being an asshole with no redeeming qualities. But "he isnt screaming"..yeah ok...

Well this is a debate about that character that many find very annoying .If our criticism hurt your fanboy feelings so much dont read it =) But have a nice day
Sep 27, 2019 4:14 AM

Dec 2018
xZabuzax said:
ssjokg said:
Yeah he only tries to kill his friends and companions. I rather take the screaming idiot that can kill demons and save others, which he does.
So what if Sasuke doesnt scream?Doesnt make him any better.

Sasuke is a fucked up individual, he's not any better than Zenitsu but he's more enjoyable to watch because he doesn't scream like an idiot all the time. An anime can have a murderous villain and still be enjoyable to watch because he doesn't scream 24/7. On the other hand, if you have a whinny annoying retarded idiot like Zenitsu screaming all the time then he's going to be more annoying than the villain no matter how you slice it. Is Zenitsu a good person? yes he is, is he annoying as fuck? you bet he is, he is definitely annoying as fuck.

ssjokg said:

Was the manga saved from being axed when he came into the picture?Yes.
Is he popular among Japanese fans whose opinions matter unlike the ones in this stupid self centered forum?Yes
Is the anime still pretty high despite some people complaining about disliking something MOST people like?Yes.

I don't know if that's true but that's irrelevant, just because the manga was saved by Zenitsu it doesn't mean that the character can't be annoying in the anime. His comedy worked better in the manga because we didn't have to listen to that ear-raping yelling, in the manga his comedy only lasted a couple of panels and that's it, in the anime his annoying loud comedy last forever and plenty of people finds that annoying for the same reason plenty of others find Asta annoying in Black Clover.

The manga could have been saved by Zenitsu but the anime didn't, the anime already had a good score before Zenitsu came into the picture and the rating kept getting higher after episode 19. This anime didn't got better because of Zenitsu, this anime is good because it's a good anime.

He have totally wrecked that anime for me , he back story is total bullshit and contradict itself .The only reason why he is in the anime is because some kind of comic relief like Jar Jar Binks in Star Wars episode 1 ,, But Jar Jar is less annoying then Zenitsu
Yuri-CrusaderSep 27, 2019 8:22 AM
Sep 27, 2019 4:18 AM
Nov 2016
Yuri-Crusader said:
He have totally wrecked that anime , he back story is total bullshit and contradict itself .The only reason why he is in the anime is because some kind of comic relief like Jar Jar Binks in Star Wars episode 1 ,, But Jar Jar is less annoying

To me the anime is not ruined yet but I was definitely enjoying the anime a lot more without Zenitsu, I had it rated a 10/10 and the only reason I lowered it to 8/10 was because of Zenitsu.
Sep 27, 2019 4:19 AM
Aug 2019
Yuri-Crusader said:
ssjokg said:

And now you sound like that crying idiot.

Bravo!

Except that Sasuke tries to kill ALL his companions, not just his Leaf Team.
Naruro,Sakura, Taka members...

That's not being an antagonist. That's being an asshole with no redeeming qualities. But "he isnt screaming"..yeah ok...

Well this is a debate about that character that many find very annoying .If our criticism hurt your fanboy feelings so much dont read it =) But have a nice day

lmao, go talk shit about him doesn't affect me, doesn't make me mad at all. i afraid you are the one get hurt. :P
Sep 27, 2019 4:20 AM
Aug 2019
xZabuzax said:
Yuri-Crusader said:
He have totally wrecked that anime , he back story is total bullshit and contradict itself .The only reason why he is in the anime is because some kind of comic relief like Jar Jar Binks in Star Wars episode 1 ,, But Jar Jar is less annoying

To me the anime is not ruined yet but I was definitely enjoying the anime a lot more without Zenitsu, I had it rated a 10/10 and the only reason I lowered it to 8/10 was because of Zenitsu.

same here, lower it because of zenitsu.
Sep 27, 2019 4:27 AM

Aug 2009
@ all the crying idiots(like Zenitsu) above

And you still ignore that many people DONT find him annoying. Hoping, wanting, wishing for him to have less screen time when at least just as many want him to be there for the reasons you dislike him, is idiotic af.

You can complain and lower the score and write bad reviews...nobody cares about that.

But being so self centered to demand something like that and act as if only your opinion matters, makes you annoying for everyone else.
Sep 27, 2019 4:36 AM
Aug 2019
ssjokg said:
@ all the crying idiots(like Zenitsu) above

And you still ignore that many people DONT find him annoying. Hoping, wanting, wishing for him to have less screen time when at least just as many want him to be there for the reasons you dislike him, is idiotic af.

You can complain and lower the score and write bad reviews...nobody cares about that.

But being so self centered to demand something like that and act as if only your opinion matters, makes you annoying for everyone else.

We are free to give opinion. and what we talk and critic is "doesn't exist" human. why so mad ? are you baka? even selebrity has their haters and got critics why these 2D character cannot ? it's not a sin
Sep 27, 2019 6:26 AM

Jan 2018
Hate to break it to you, but it's most likely not going to happen with how true to the source the anime has been.
What a beautiful Duwang
Sep 27, 2019 8:18 AM

Apr 2015
It's completely okay to dislike zenitusu. After all, that's your opinion and it's totally justifiable to not like a character who can be considered annoying and cowardly. But I feel like a lot of people also misunderstand zenitsu. I'll try to write the post without saying manga spoilers, so I'll be writing it within the lengths of anime knowledge.

Unlike everyone else, zenitsu doesn't have a tragic past. Literally every pillar and every other main character has some demon related issue in their past, but zenitsu doesn't. Tanjirou's father is a hinokami dance user and a descendent of a line of these dudes. Kanae and shinobu are part of a demon slayer family and also have a sad past. The other pillars are either simliar to that or had a tragic demon past. There is more to inosuke as well, but for what we know so far in anime he's someone whose been abandoned, raised by boars, and isolated from common sense. Even other demons as we've seen have suffered at the hands of muzans manipulation and we'll see more demons with tragic past as well.

Zenitsu on the other hand is the epitome of a normal guy thrown into this crazy situation but he stuck with it cuz of gramps. We've already seen that he was taught it's okay to cry and run, but when the time comes he has to deliver, which he always does. We'll see more of his past and understand that it isn't tragic in a demon sense, but it is filled with a more realistic past of what a typical cowardly, insecure kid might go through. In this sense, zenitsu is the most relatable of any other character in the whole series. And as a result of that, it's quite understandable why he turned out the way he did.

But more than just being an individual, zenitsu is part of a set. His individuality contributes to a group dynamic that is hilarious on the side and captivating during battle. The main trio are great and if you can't recognize how important it is that these characters are so different and conflicting, then you need to read or watch more series that emphasize this kind of thing. It's awfully boring when everyone is gung ho about fighting or if everyone is caring about each other. It's nice and all if everyone was like that. But the more foils that exist, the more that is possible.
AraragiSep 27, 2019 8:22 AM
Sep 27, 2019 9:24 AM

Jul 2014
I don't agree with people saying KnY wouldn't be KnY or would feel like KnY if Zenitsu isnt in it, I mean a certain future arc had no appearance from him but it worked out pretty well and is pretty liked by a lot of its fans including me, its actually my favorite arc lol.
Sep 27, 2019 2:10 PM
Jun 2013
Zenitsu will never be as annoying as the people whining about him being annoying after 26 f@cking episodes! guess what? you people are annoying and sound like a bunch of kids crying over a fictional character! sorry for bursting your bubbles but the character is highly popular between the readers/fans, so a advise, grow up a bit because whining about it in a forum thread that no one really cares is pathetic, nothing will change because you're "voicing your opinion" here...
Sep 27, 2019 10:33 PM

Jun 2013
It's your opinion if you think he's annoying.

But the question is if ufotable should cut his scenes down. The answer is clearly no. Why would they cut his scenes down when it's clearly working, look how popular the show and the characrer is. It would make no sense from a business stand point. They know that some people find him annoying, but most people that do won't drop the show because of it. And also they're trying to adapt it faithfully, so there's that.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 27, 2019 11:06 PM
Oct 2017
He's here to stay, just deal with it or move on and drop the show, it's your loss.
Sep 28, 2019 4:15 AM

Jul 2012
Expecting this is retarded. I was in Japan last week and talked to lots of people there. Especially girls LOVE Zenitsu. And his merch sells really good too. So we will be seeing lots of him.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 28, 2019 5:07 AM

Dec 2015
They won't unfortunately. They have this policy of making the scenes as dragged as possible. So not only Zenitsu will continue to have his scenes, they're always gonna take a really long time to finish it.

But the Hashira are really annoying as well considering they're just your typical cliche shounen OP characters with weird personas (there are a few exceptions, but overall, they're like that)
BetterTasteSep 28, 2019 5:57 AM
Sep 28, 2019 5:44 AM
Jul 2019
Not gonna happen even though I hate him.
Sep 28, 2019 12:38 PM

Aug 2016
xZabuzax said:
Yuri-Crusader said:

Same. I had this show at a 9/10 through much of the show but the characters are dragging it down. Pillars all have one trait so far and overkill it to the max.. but Zenitsu is the worst offender by far. I had to lower it to 8/10 for this very reason.

Also hilarious seeing the same shit in this topic over and over like people. NOBODY is saying some opinions are worth more than others. Only person that did that was that Inoshi clown on the first page. Saying that people hope to see less over the top scenes of Zenitsu is not demanding or pretending we have more influence over anything than anyone else. Others can like him all they want to. But at the very least everyone can agree that he is a very divisive character.
Sep 28, 2019 1:45 PM

Nov 2012
Koshi_Inaba said:
JFuji said:
Nobody gives a shit about twitter polls. I'm sure all the 13 year olds think he is hilarious. Those same people probably think all the penis jokes in Made In Abyss were funny too. It is not a surprise that he is ranked up there.

I agree that they need to tone him down. Zenitsu doesn't need to freak out over everything. At that point he becomes a clown that is just overusing a gimmick. The episodes where he is re-introduced and they go into that shifting place are the worst episodes in the series by far. How many times does he need to hide behind children and cry for help? It's terrible and overused.

Take episode 24 for example. The pretty decent scene was when he called Inosuke and Tanjiro for a meeting and went off about how the training is great. Though of course before that they had to have him start screaming over his medicine. Like if he just complained about the differences between his and Tanjiro's.. fine. But the moment is killed when he has to run away and act like some fool.

This series really needs to pick its spots better. Less comedy during serious moments and not turning these characters into one trait gimmicks.

That is not twitter poll, its the official japanese shonen jump reader poll, dumbass

I'm surprised that dumbass scored so low, hes hilarious
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Sep 28, 2019 3:25 PM

Jul 2013
Well, Zenitsu haters, I have good news for you. This last episode actually removed an scene with Zenitsu. Your wish got granted
Sep 29, 2019 3:12 AM
Aug 2019
Illyricus said:
Well, Zenitsu haters, I have good news for you. This last episode actually removed an scene with Zenitsu. Your wish got granted

Yeah, I like this zenitsu
Sep 29, 2019 4:02 AM

Oct 2015
Human Race: trash talking each others cuse of an opinion of some guy on the internet over a 2D character, what has MAL become...

Topic: Zenitsu is infact OP, but he lacks self trust, he is like many other characters, take One Piece as a reference, Usopp, Chopper, Brook, Nami almost all of the mugiwaras, scream for every little shit, Every big shonnen has one of those(Naruto, HxH, Bleach etc aint gonna list them all), so ofc KnY would have one as well, he is the comedy relief of the anime/manga.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2019

282 by CicadaRex »»
3 hours ago

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Apr 15

17 by ApolloD »»
Yesterday, 2:33 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2019

316 by CicadaRex »»
Yesterday, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2019

301 by pyrophilia »»
Apr 17, 1:10 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2019

1094 by pyrophilia »»
Apr 17, 12:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.