Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Carole & Tuesday
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 25, 2019 9:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, this drama is getting out of control. We even got arrests now!

I kinda like Carole and Tuesday's suggestion though. I guess it also means the show is bringing a finale featuring a grand performance of sorts. It's kinda sad to hear their music in this episode as the show is near conclusion.
Sep 25, 2019 9:36 AM

Nov 2007
So the reason is the pills.

Funeral for the mother, but couldn't attend because she's unconscious.

That scary face, but actually musician got caught, same reason as Carole's friend.

Brother telling his sister what he really does... spy on that guy w. his mother.

Now they are worried about the expression in music. Gathering the staff, Mamo's character, Suwabe-san reporter, and brother. Making music to sing together... Everyone knows it's dangerous, but agrees. Everyone do their jobs while the two makes music, though having hard time.

It seems like that guy knows Suwabe-san reporter and brother meeting.

It seems like that singer that producer produced before died?

Those singers including those contestants from the 1st cours contest?

Suwabe-san reporter got betrayed by his mother, so he doesn't like seeing brother wanting to give mother chance.

"mother" / root

That artist on wheelchair also waking up.

HiroC's character shutting down all AIs? He went to see her!

ED is ex-child actress' song? "The Tower"

24:45 next. Delayed to 25:30 https://twitter.com/carole_tuesday/status/1179381696367677442
tsubasaloverOct 2, 2019 8:58 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 25, 2019 2:19 PM

Nov 2014
that fukking police scene had me flipping my shit

i would love to see Tuesday sing one of those 'rebellious, illegal' song and let's see if her mother would allow her own daughter to get thrown in jail. If not, then she'd be known as a hypocrite for letting the others be imprisoned. If she did, then there's is no chance of redemption for her.

Angela x Tao is the OTP of this show.
ttcchenSep 25, 2019 2:47 PM
Sep 26, 2019 8:14 AM

Jul 2017
Angela on the brink of destruction, while Carole and Tuesday are flaming in her popularity.

Damn it's still sad to see Angela's manager go just like that, and Angela reaping in her misery.

However, Tuesday seemingly has no idea on how severe the family politics are going, I really don't understand why her brother needed to consult her, when it is their mom's problem behind it all. What it all came together was the legal problem of "freedom of speech".

And what Carole and Tuesday came up with, is to silence politics with music. A great plan with a high risk, but high returns. Nevertheless, it's a plan every musician can't afford to turn heads at the most opportune moment.

The last feature song: all about mothers.

And hopefully Tao's last ditch effort reaps efforts, and eventually seeks Angela after that mimicry.

The ED song by Angela's VA is yet blissful but painful to behold. Sounds great though.

Last episode to go, how will the "miraculous 7 mins" turn out to be???
Sep 26, 2019 8:15 AM

Sep 2010
ttcchen said:
i would love to see Tuesday sing one of those 'rebellious, illegal' song and let's see if her mother would allow her own daughter to get thrown in jail. If not, then she'd be known as a hypocrite for letting the others be imprisoned. If she did, then there's is no chance of redemption for her.

Afraid she's too much of a good girl for that - thought I admit; I would love to see that too

damn...Skip didn't deserve to get arrested

A quite unusual gang gathered at C&T. Didn't expect Ertegun to come there on his own accord. seems like Roddy isn't too fond of Kyle, judging by the look he gave him...

Am I the only one who wants to hear Pyotr and GGK sing together? Admit the due IS unusual
KuroYume-96Sep 26, 2019 8:19 AM
Sep 26, 2019 8:42 AM

Mar 2018
Damn Damn Damn this is getting tense

Musicians being arrested. Spencer and Kyle wanting to leak that information. There was also that small bit of Kyle's background.

And now gathering musicians for the grand final. I'm so excited

Tao chose the probably best moment to save Angela. Tao without a doubt MVP, also by how he always escapes Schwartz

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Sep 26, 2019 8:55 AM

Oct 2015
"if you want to silence me, you have to arrest my soul", kya! Kakkoii skip:-D :-D :-D

Damn the revolution will televized, I can't wait. As for Tao, I'm glad he decided to check up on Angela, I hope he has some romantic bone in his body and runaway with her. I highly doubt it, but I can only dream though.

Spencer is a considerate bastard, but I think his plan will fail. Jerry will be there for sure when he tells Valerie, it's pretty obvious since it's the finale next week.

I'm eager for Carole and Tues's song!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 26, 2019 9:16 AM

Apr 2014
Is everyone ready for some FREEDOM MUSIC??!!!

Seriously though, after watching this episode, I’m hyped as FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUU—
for next week but…

PLEASE GOD!!!! PLEASE LET THIS STICK THE LANDING!!!
MiiyoSonSep 26, 2019 5:14 PM
Sep 26, 2019 9:22 AM

Dec 2015
Wow, a lot of drama. Seeing Skip get arrested was annoying, very memorable quote though! Can't wait to see everyone sing in the final episode, it's shaping up to be a good one. Also nice seeing Tao at the end there~
Sep 26, 2019 9:27 AM

Oct 2017
Well Tao finally came to Angela and more build up for the finale. Looking forward to the last episode, hope this miracle song is as gd as they make it sound.
Sep 26, 2019 10:07 AM

Feb 2012
So that what they meant by the 7 minutes of miracle

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Sep 26, 2019 10:11 AM
Apr 2019
TBH really wished they called the last episode "We are the World" but "A Change is Gonna Come" makes sense too.
Sep 26, 2019 11:08 AM
Aug 2008
anthi-light said:
So that what they meant by the 7 minutes of miracle

Next episode, lol.

Ok so, last episode can be ok, I worried that series turned into blank shit but it will end with bang. Even if the story is pure shit now.

Also, song from the ending is totally based on John Lennon - Imagine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOgFZfRVaww
Wojtini21Sep 26, 2019 11:13 AM
Sep 26, 2019 11:33 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Wow, the drama is really fuming up now! Smart little idea from Carole & Tues but I wonder if that's really enough. I suppose it's not called the "7 Minutes of Miracle" for no reason, plus the revelations from the political side too of course.

Honestly, I found it a little 'convenient' how even the likes of Ertegun was summoned and consequently convinced plus more but I'll leave that aside for now. Slumps from both sides, C&T and Angela, but looks like both sides have somewhat stabilised now and is heading to a positive direction. I seriously have to wonder what Tao is thinking here though.

On another note, looks like Tuesday's brother is getting a little restless now but I've a feeling the journalist's heavy words will somehow convince him. Looking forward to seeing how this all comes to end, it's been quite some journey so far after all!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 26, 2019 11:59 AM

Nov 2016
I'm glad that I actually start to enjoy the direction of the plot again, looking forward to the finale.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 26, 2019 12:55 PM

Sep 2011
Fortunately Angela is fine physically. I'm glad she had her manager to take care of her, and of Dahlia's funeral, but it's no wonder she had no words to comfort Angela when she shared how she felt. But Tao finally went to her side, so it isn't that he didn't care, he just couldn't before. Whatever he was doing is done, and I hope it's big enough to bring down Schwartz, and Jerry even if Spencer, and Kyle fail.

The miracle which was teased from the beginning is finally going to happen too, and I can barely wait! Carole, and Tuesday are trying to do something big and meaningful with their voices, and allies now that they are trying to silence yet another person they know. I can't believe Skip was arrested like that by the way, and I can't wait for their last song. And I hope that Angela will be able to participate as well. And I hope Tao manages to stay with her, if that's what both of them want. Can't wait to see some known faces, like Pyotr, again either.
Sep 26, 2019 1:19 PM

Nov 2017
So after being bad for a while, this series decides to steer back on track and is rapidly resolving both the main story and the subplots, albeit a little too late. Even Angela's manager makes a return, I'm positively surprised. The three guys who were helping C&T are all but forgotten though.
Sep 26, 2019 1:33 PM

Oct 2012
Accurate to our reality as usual. I was happy with Tao showing up at Angela's hospital room at the end.

Now let's fuck those conservative pieces of shit with some freedom song. EVEN DESMOND WOKE UP FOR THAT. And my baby Pyotr will be there!
Sep 26, 2019 1:57 PM

Aug 2018
We need to see Mermaid Sisters in the last episode
Sep 26, 2019 4:00 PM

Feb 2014
They really directed all the political unrest towards music. That's one way to settle it.
Everyone is getting together to let the world know that there's still hope to unite under one. We also had Angela moments, and we get Tao at the perfect moment to be her knight.
Next episode is gonna be lit for sure. My boy Pyotr is coming back for the finale!!
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Sep 26, 2019 4:53 PM

Feb 2019
As a penultimate episode this was not bad. The subplots are wrapping up fast and now we know what was pretty obvious from early on, that the 7 minute miracle is a rally of free speech against the anti-immigration policies impending on Mars.

I think at the end of the day this series deserves a high 7 but due to lack of consistency with the writing I can't see it being an 8. Probably better on a binge watch.

Also tried the English dub and I could not do it. The voices are are just too strange for me.
Sep 26, 2019 5:14 PM
Mar 2015
Nice closing song A lead in to the miraculous 7 minutes Tao escaped and will rouse Angela Our duo will lead the way singing about Mother Freedom next week
Sep 26, 2019 5:32 PM

Aug 2018
Next episode is going to be amazing, I can feel it ! This is such a damn crazy project they planned but I can't wait to discover it.
Sep 26, 2019 6:18 PM
Jan 2012
This episode got more than a few eye rolls out of me. Everything feels forced and inorganic, and utterly predictable. A while back I found myself saying "If it ends up that they simply change the world by singing some inspirational song it's going to feel so naive, meaningless, and disappointing.

Why? Because in real life, throughout history, there have been countless songs about hope and resolution of political conflicts. There have been countless "fight the system" style gatherings and concerts put on by musicians. Isn't it basically every day that Hollywood and the entertainment industry harp about the world's problems and blame everything on conservatives? So why hasn't the world changed, if it's just that easy?

The reality is singing your feelings is a great form of expression, and may even reach others and help them through life, but it doesn't create change throughout the world on the level this show is going to try to portray. If anything, it's going to be Tao and Spencer's double whammy of exposing the bombing incident and corruption that opens people's eyes, not the concert. But even then, this is something we see almost weekly in the news. Corruption is exposed about politicians all the time, sometimes even involving violence, destabilization, and war crimes due to the choices politicians made. But we live in the age of fake news, and many people refuse to believe things that are true, or don't know what is true, so they go on with their lives largely unaffected when these things occur. There's almost never a majority public movement to recognize and deal with the corruption. It's usually split pretty evenly down the bipartisan line, depending on the affiliation of the corrupt politician in question. People care more about the identity they form through political affiliations than they do about fairness and correcting corruption.

And despite all that, the focus of this show is the musicians. It's naive, dispensable, not inspiring. I'm disappointed, to say the least. This show is going to teach a lot more naive millennials and Gen Z to keep trying to change the world through art instead of getting their hands dirty and going to actually work directly with the people in communities they claim to care about.

I'm sorry to say this show could have used a few more editorial passes by some people who don't have their heads in the ridiculous cloud of liberal Hollywood and it's foreign affiliates. Earth to Watanabe. Come in Watanabe. This show handles the issue of immigration with such vagueness and indirectness as if to treat it like it's just some kind of societal bad mood that needs to pass, like it's only really a problem when it happens to celebrities and stifles their expression, and like it's not an ongoing problem with measurable struggles for both immigrants and communities receiving them, struggles that lead to a diversity of political attitudes about immigration.

What a horrible bait and switch. The show's premise said it was about independent musicians trying to succeed in the age of AI-produced music. It isn't. It's about independent musicians working their way up the corporate food chain (through their visibility on a televised talent competition and their serendipitous connections to industry insiders) to get in on the daily grind of a politicized elite cadre of entertainers who think they not only know better than everyone else, but can change the world simply by forcing their ideas through the media.

So, basically nothing new, another day in the office for entertainers and news media, and a troubling portrait of the political stalemate the Western world has been in for decades now. Nothing in there even vaguely resembling a solution to the real world crisis the show is meant to reflect. It's like Watanabe didn't write any details about the immigration conflict in the show because he doesn't even understand these problems in real life. Just sad.

I don't know if there's any way this ending is going to actually feel like a "miracle" now. The events are looking to loosely echo the ending of Terror in Resonance, which, oddly enough, did have quite a "miracle" of an ending, but it worked a lot more because their plans were shrouded in mystery and gradually became more high stakes, rather than hyping us every episode to say "something big is gonna happen!" Also the show had a clearly knowledgeable approach to its subject matter. I consider that show a near masterpiece, but Carole & Tuesday is a fish out of water. Maybe Watanabe should stick to Japanese politics.
LucentRiversSep 26, 2019 6:22 PM
Sep 26, 2019 7:16 PM

Dec 2016
This episode was pretty depressing :(

Tao finally appears and reunites with Angela? What a nerve showing up after all that happened to Angela and all the suffering she was going through :I Unbelievable! That's unacceptable!! But then he showed up after finishing making some kind of scam. What's he up to by shutting down the Als? What will happen? I'm very curious how this'll lead.

Carole & Tuesday will make history! They are working on something great that will surprise everyone. I feel it and can't wait to see the finished work :D

Forgot to talk about this amazing theme: Journey - Don't Stop Believin'

Oh Yeah! This is what I'm talking about! Great choice of episode title!
Curiosity: The vocalist isn't even american, he's portuguese, which makes me happy :)
PurpleGirl203Sep 26, 2019 7:31 PM

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Sep 26, 2019 8:17 PM
Oct 2013
I am seriously wondering if, instead of convincing her to stick around and keep going, if Tao might end up taking Angela with him and running off lol....but I doubt it. They are both too famous to get away for long unless his AI skills could produce some good disguises
Sep 27, 2019 12:32 AM
Jan 2019
freedom of song is been taken AWAY I can't live in that world like that

Tao is back appearing in front of Angela is the best sight of this episode (one of the best sight)

it gets a little bit emotional (the last 1 minute of the episode)

I wonder what did Tao did

so Desmond is still alive I thought he was dead

next week I'm waiting for a masterpiece song! can't wait for it
Sep 27, 2019 2:38 AM

Jul 2016
Even Desmond will wake up if it's for a protest.

TBH, I do kind agree with something ShiningLion said earlier, in that it feels kind of naïve to think that you can change the world by organising a gathering of musicians in protest instead of just trying to fix the problem directly. The least they could do is get Hamilton's support.

Other than that, I'm still really enjoying this show. Can't wait to see what happens in the finale
Sep 27, 2019 3:27 AM
Jun 2017
The final song for this series (or what they say the miraculous masterpiece) will be a collaboration of all musicians (on this series).. i cant wait to hear that one
Sep 27, 2019 3:45 AM

Feb 2018
Whoa whoa the miraculous seven minutes performance is a collaboration with all the musicians.

i thought it'd only be Carole and Tuesday's song. This is gonna be way epic
Sep 27, 2019 5:17 AM

Aug 2013
ShiningLion said:
This episode got more than a few eye rolls out of me. Everything feels forced and inorganic, and utterly predictable. A while back I found myself saying "If it ends up that they simply change the world by singing some inspirational song it's going to feel so naive, meaningless, and disappointing.

Why? Because in real life, throughout history, there have been countless songs about hope and resolution of political conflicts. There have been countless "fight the system" style gatherings and concerts put on by musicians. Isn't it basically every day that Hollywood and the entertainment industry harp about the world's problems and blame everything on conservatives? So why hasn't the world changed, if it's just that easy?

The reality is singing your feelings is a great form of expression, and may even reach others and help them through life, but it doesn't create change throughout the world on the level this show is going to try to portray. If anything, it's going to be Tao and Spencer's double whammy of exposing the bombing incident and corruption that opens people's eyes, not the concert. But even then, this is something we see almost weekly in the news. Corruption is exposed about politicians all the time, sometimes even involving violence, destabilization, and war crimes due to the choices politicians made. But we live in the age of fake news, and many people refuse to believe things that are true, or don't know what is true, so they go on with their lives largely unaffected when these things occur. There's almost never a majority public movement to recognize and deal with the corruption. It's usually split pretty evenly down the bipartisan line, depending on the affiliation of the corrupt politician in question. People care more about the identity they form through political affiliations than they do about fairness and correcting corruption.

And despite all that, the focus of this show is the musicians. It's naive, dispensable, not inspiring. I'm disappointed, to say the least. This show is going to teach a lot more naive millennials and Gen Z to keep trying to change the world through art instead of getting their hands dirty and going to actually work directly with the people in communities they claim to care about.

I'm sorry to say this show could have used a few more editorial passes by some people who don't have their heads in the ridiculous cloud of liberal Hollywood and it's foreign affiliates. Earth to Watanabe. Come in Watanabe. This show handles the issue of immigration with such vagueness and indirectness as if to treat it like it's just some kind of societal bad mood that needs to pass, like it's only really a problem when it happens to celebrities and stifles their expression, and like it's not an ongoing problem with measurable struggles for both immigrants and communities receiving them, struggles that lead to a diversity of political attitudes about immigration.

What a horrible bait and switch. The show's premise said it was about independent musicians trying to succeed in the age of AI-produced music. It isn't. It's about independent musicians working their way up the corporate food chain (through their visibility on a televised talent competition and their serendipitous connections to industry insiders) to get in on the daily grind of a politicized elite cadre of entertainers who think they not only know better than everyone else, but can change the world simply by forcing their ideas through the media.

So, basically nothing new, another day in the office for entertainers and news media, and a troubling portrait of the political stalemate the Western world has been in for decades now. Nothing in there even vaguely resembling a solution to the real world crisis the show is meant to reflect. It's like Watanabe didn't write any details about the immigration conflict in the show because he doesn't even understand these problems in real life. Just sad.

I don't know if there's any way this ending is going to actually feel like a "miracle" now. The events are looking to loosely echo the ending of Terror in Resonance, which, oddly enough, did have quite a "miracle" of an ending, but it worked a lot more because their plans were shrouded in mystery and gradually became more high stakes, rather than hyping us every episode to say "something big is gonna happen!" Also the show had a clearly knowledgeable approach to its subject matter. I consider that show a near masterpiece, but Carole & Tuesday is a fish out of water. Maybe Watanabe should stick to Japanese politics.

Pretty much all of this right here. Like Carole & Tuesday seemed like a series that was going to promote the idea of real music in a world where AIs dominate entertainment and instead it became a massive allegory to the political scene in the West right now. It's a massive nosedive in potential. Honestly if we take out the damn political shit, this series could have ended at episode 13 or taken a break in order to have a truly non-politicized second half.
Don't believe the hype.
Sep 27, 2019 5:17 AM

Aug 2013
So pretty much the final ep is gonna be a giant ass reference to "We Are the World".
Don't believe the hype.
Sep 27, 2019 6:08 AM

Dec 2015
If this whole Avengers Musicians Assemble thing doesn't have Mermaid Sisters I'm gonna be pissed
Sep 27, 2019 6:21 AM

Feb 2014
At last! Tao finally goes and visits Angela at the hospital and you can tell that she's really relieved to see him again. =)

The feeling of hope really does contrast to the depressing themes at the beginning of the episode, with Angela's mother, Dahlia, being laid to rest and the arrest of Skip and his crew.

Still, Carole & Tuesday was able to round up the likes of Ertegun, Tobe, Spencer and Kyle, along with Roddy and Gus so that they could discuss what they could do to stop Valerie from winning the presidential election. Although the whole idea itself is a bit too idealistic, but this is where the origination of the "Miraculous 7 minutes" starts, with everyone doing their best to spread the word to their trusted friends and other musicians about this ambitious plan.

So it now comes down to the final episode, where this song that Carole & Tuesday are writing has the theme of "mother" in it, and will be collaborating with a lot of musicians, too. Even Desmond woke up during the ED, too, which was a surprise. Hopefully this show can end on a high note... =3
Sep 27, 2019 9:06 AM

Aug 2014
Fuck that reporter, sitting on someone's couch like that.
Sieg Zeon!
Sep 27, 2019 11:35 AM

Apr 2011
QuattroVaginas said:
Fuck that reporter, sitting on someone's couch like that.

Saaaame :D
There was so much space to sit like a normal person too.
Sep 27, 2019 1:32 PM

May 2012
DedPanda said:
ShiningLion said:

Pretty much all of this right here. Like Carole & Tuesday seemed like a series that was going to promote the idea of real music in a world where AIs dominate entertainment and instead it became a massive allegory to the political scene in the West right now. It's a massive nosedive in potential. Honestly if we take out the damn political shit, this series could have ended at episode 13 or taken a break in order to have a truly non-politicized second half.

^Yep to both replies

We didn't even get to see much about this AI thing, other than the fact some of them enjoy stealing, or have personality/alcohol problems. I'm still not quite sure if there is some kind of emotion behind their acts or not. Some of them could easily be biological characters without requiring a personality change.

So I think it would have been interesting to see a pure AI singer as a character, something like a commercial version of that fake-angela. (We already have stuff like Vocaloid in real life, so I'm quite sure AI idols would be a thing).

It would also have been interesting to see how the anime would approach the difference between a human ghostwriter and an AI ghostwriter.

About the political plot, sometimes I get the feeling I'm watching something limited to the world knowledge of a teenager. This whole "Let's go against the system before we even understand how the system works" kind of vibe.

There is no nuance to the political issues, and we don't even get to see anything personal about that rat-pug looking villain, he is just there as a shallow plot device. And that's lame, as most great anime will have great villains, even when the villain is not an actual person. Sure a slice of life doesn't require a villain, and that's why I think C&T should have stayed as one. I'd rather watch the real emotional conflict between Tuesday and her mother than all of this "elections" bullshit.

Men Are From Mars, 
Women Are From Venus 
and Gays Are From Uranus

Sep 27, 2019 2:30 PM
Jan 2019
An episode full of emotions and feelings, highlighting happiness and sadness, surrounded by a glimmer of hope. The idea of ​​Carole & Tuesday to bring together all the artists of Mars to join their voices in a song for freedom, seems very cool, although difficult to achieve, it is not impossible. I can't wait for that great moment, I hope something epic and wonderful that overflows my heart. Seeing the background message that the song they are composing has, I think they will do it: ').
This anime is a real gem for those music lovers, including me 😁.

Phrases from this episode that I consider very good:
"If you want to silence me, you better silence my soul!" .- Skip-
"Being unable to sing what we want ... that could well be the death of music" .- Carole & Tuesday-
"The day you stop talking about your ideals is the day you will become nothing more than a slave" .- Etergun-
"Miracles don't happen, you make them happen!" .- Gus-

PS: 1. Desmond is alive ... What?!, DESMOND IS ALIVE, OMG !.
2. Seeing Tao visit Angela moved me. He has something big on his hands, I can't wait to see what it is.
3.Spencer should not be so naive, although I admit that he is a good brother and son.
4.Pyotr and GGK formed a duo, great!
Sep 27, 2019 3:34 PM
Nov 2017
A revolution with all the musicians, this will be wonderful
Sep 27, 2019 4:53 PM

Dec 2011
I've lost all the hope in this show. The naivety and forced drama are all over the place. What happened to the actual premise? All we're getting is a whole lot of politics-related conflicts which are to be taken care of by some wild collab they will call "a miracle." Like this would ever help. But hey, let's fix everything with a song! PEACE & LOVE, WE ARE THE WORLD.

It feels like the finale will be one long eye roll at this point. Can't wait.
Sep 27, 2019 7:31 PM

Sep 2017
Man the police scene was really on the nose. Well whatever. We now know the end game and what the 7 minute miracle will be. It's certainly a very ambitious task, but I'll believe it. It's gonna be an epic moment for sure. I'm curious if Valerie will get a bit of redemption and "turn herself in" or not. Loved the song at the end.

Gonna be a sweet finale.
Sep 27, 2019 8:35 PM
Sep 2011
Kyoris said:
I've lost all the hope in this show. The naivety and forced drama are all over the place. What happened to the actual premise? All we're getting is a whole lot of politics-related conflicts which are to be taken care of by some wild collab they will call "a miracle." Like this would ever help. But hey, let's fix everything with a song! PEACE & LOVE, WE ARE THE WORLD.

It feels like the finale will be one long eye roll at this point. Can't wait.
Satan said:
DedPanda said:

^Yep to both replies

We didn't even get to see much about this AI thing, other than the fact some of them enjoy stealing, or have personality/alcohol problems. I'm still not quite sure if there is some kind of emotion behind their acts or not. Some of them could easily be biological characters without requiring a personality change.

So I think it would have been interesting to see a pure AI singer as a character, something like a commercial version of that fake-angela. (We already have stuff like Vocaloid in real life, so I'm quite sure AI idols would be a thing).

It would also have been interesting to see how the anime would approach the difference between a human ghostwriter and an AI ghostwriter.

About the political plot, sometimes I get the feeling I'm watching something limited to the world knowledge of a teenager. This whole "Let's go against the system before we even understand how the system works" kind of vibe.

There is no nuance to the political issues, and we don't even get to see anything personal about that rat-pug looking villain, he is just there as a shallow plot device. And that's lame, as most great anime will have great villains, even when the villain is not an actual person. Sure a slice of life doesn't require a villain, and that's why I think C&T should have stayed as one. I'd rather watch the real emotional conflict between Tuesday and her mother than all of this "elections" bullshit.

All of this ^^.

C&T started out promising but has since degraded into nothing more than a politically charged piece of naive nonsense. I'm all for optimistic and hopeful stories, but I wonder if this is actually doing more harm than good... Seems more like propaganda aimed at impressionable youth who don't yet understand how the world works. Why work when you can become an activist and sing all our problems away. Kumbaya and whatnot.
Sep 27, 2019 9:13 PM

Jul 2016
Well, and here I thought Desmond was dead. What a way to lessen the impact his respective episode left but whatever.

So this "miraculous 7 minutes" presentation will featured a "We are the world" kind of song, uh? Honestly, at some point I was expecting this kind of outcome but I didn't want to believe the story line would take this route. It's not that I hate it but the idea of trying to change the world with an inspirational song is, as some people already said, indeed too naive for my taste.
That said, I'm still quite interested in the presentation but now, it's mostly due to the hype of seeing so many musicians in the same place rather than the message the song will try to convey.
Anyways, leaving the seriousness aside, I personally can't wait to see my boy Pyotr and his sick moves again.

P.S.: Honestly, this series' general idea of romance is too superficial to be taken seriously but 23 eps. have passed and I still can't see this Angela x Tao pairing people are talking so much about...
SouthRzVaSep 27, 2019 9:20 PM
Sep 28, 2019 6:24 AM

Nov 2016
When they said the "all the musicians singing a song together" I inmediatly thought about We are the world
Sep 28, 2019 11:30 AM

Dec 2014
Damn the last episodes are going on strong
Sep 28, 2019 2:43 PM
Jul 2018
I wish it has more episodes. The immigrant plot might be too shallow and end too fast, if it's just one episode left.

Why are all immigrants black? In this setting, it doesn't make sense, imo. If they come from earth, shoudn't there be immigrants from different countries from earth?

Also I feel like they created too many great characters and don't let them shine properly then. Especially Amer. He might be best boy to me, but they gave him so little screen time. I don't know him at all, so I can't tell. At least, I hope he's gonna be released and sings with them in the last episode.

Oh yeah! Pyotr my boy and that crazy esoteric lady. I guess, they always thought they never fit in and then they made up The Losers.

I want to hear that song now!
removed-userSep 28, 2019 2:48 PM
Sep 28, 2019 7:19 PM

Jun 2013
Honestly, the only thing that went through my mind while watching this was: DESMOND IS STILL FUCKING ALIVE!!! Our favorite gay prince is going to rise from the grave and slay.

Also, Tao has finally returned. The finale better show him and Angela on good terms. I ship these two because I honestly, don't know who else to ship.
臭い-
Sep 29, 2019 1:56 AM

Oct 2008
Very strong gathering!
oh god! somethings BIG is happening!...and oh...that's why next episode is the finale...
i wonder what Angela & Tao will do?
All of the artists and musicians will have a congregation! that's gonna be phenomenal! and C&T will be the mastermind full frontier!
5/5.

edit: not congretation..but REVOLUTION is the better word! hehe thx comments!

Sep 29, 2019 2:43 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I haven't been super fond of some of the things happening on the side, but it's starting to feel like they had a pretty clear ending in mind and just had to fill the episodes in between with other crap. Somehow, this is one of the only episodes since a long while ago that have actually felt connected to how we started out. Like the tone aligns more with what was happening before the focus shifted. I even like where they're going with it and see why they've been leading up to it this way. I just mostly feel like they maybe dragged it on a bit too long. We could have gotten the same point in other ways. Seems some of the artists about to gather are folks we've never actually met before anyway.;;
My concern is more for the bits that might not have actually been needed too much, but hey. Like, I guess the little things ARE coming back into play, but it could have been done differently.
Oh well.
I'm still having a good time.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Sep 29, 2019 4:21 PM

Oct 2012
Hmm, the way they thought out the plan was really some awful writing, show not tell, eh?

Really, they want us belive that on the day when there is 50 year celebration of coming to Mars, there won't be any celebrations and literally every musician would be free?? And even if that was true, they rented Mars Immigration Memorial Hall which was magically free on this very day, EH??? And even if they somehow managed to pull that off, they want us to believe they would be able to keep it secret even when all it would take would be one person who would say no and go public with their idea for sake of quick money?

Everything happens in so naive way and it magically works, it's almost an insult to the viewers. Not to mention it was painfully obvious the whole idea was just planted in their head by the writer not by their developement. Even whole MOTHER theme was completely out of place at the moment...

Honestly, at this point, Angela has so much more plot developement than those two puppets. It's almost waste she's not the main character in every regard. Kinda undermining everything they want to pull off and it will destroy the closing impact too.

At least the ending song was good this time, if that's a something.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2019

211 by jumbosan »»
Jan 29, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2019

98 by jumbosan »»
Jan 27, 9:16 PM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2019

84 by jumbosan »»
Jan 27, 8:35 PM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2019

158 by jumbosan »»
Jan 25, 10:41 PM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2019

124 by jumbosan »»
Jan 25, 10:14 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.