Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 23, 2019 9:05 PM

Dec 2015
I just realized Myu's character design really similar to Yoshino from Date A Live especially because her face and her hair.....

KhayalCorp88 said:
We have Vampire, Rabbit, Dragon, and Mermaid already.

I think we still missing something .......

Mummy, Frankenstein, and Werewolf?
Sep 24, 2019 12:58 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
After 11 episodes the loli is finally here to complete the harem, she's cute tho.
Sep 24, 2019 3:17 AM

Feb 2017
Dudi4PoLFr said:
I just love that "Super Hero" way of saving everybody by exploding half of the city without any consequences.

I mean they did explode half the city on a whim, are you going to complain and possibly get on their bad side and suffer the same fate as the slavers?

At least superheros say they care about the city, Hajime doesn't give a shit about that world.
Sep 24, 2019 4:55 AM

Mar 2011
Quite cuck episode. Muh save shilldren and wahmen. I'm sick of this crap. He shouldn't have taken that dragon bitch or the bunny girl either. And that vampire loli hasn't a stuckup personality, thus quite charmless. But still I like this show more than most this season, bar Maou-sama.
Sep 24, 2019 5:14 AM
Sep 2019
I had hoped Myu would save the series since she is adorable in the novels ^_^.
Wth only two more episodes I'm guessing they'll finish with the reunion with the kingdom's A team which is the end of Volume 4 in the LN.

Hylianticipated said:
Slightly better episode than the last couple weeks. But seriously, this show would have been much more interesting if he had gotten out of the dungeon much sooner and immediately went back to his class and started exacting revenge secretly on the ones who betrayed him and this show became more about the character interactions and their trust issues with each other as opposed to showing off how powerful the MC is. But that would have been far too difficult of writing for this author, I suppose; it's much easier to just write a broken OP character that is edgy and can solve everything with literally a pull of a trigger.

There is an underlying plot to Arifureta that would have made a lot of sense to you if you read the novels. The anime studio butchered the source material and you are blaming the novelist for something they have no control over. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

And it's not really just one OP character. The bugged rabbit, the vampire princess and the perverted dragon are OP in their own way. The nemesis of the series is God, and in this episode Hajime explains to Tio that he would kill God if necessary, which triggers that flashback of younger Tio and her dying father discussing the possibility of someone strong enough to come along in the future who will slay God.

If you haven't noticed by now that the labyrinths that Hajime, Yue and Shea cleared are actually trials to prepare them to face/fight God. The anime has done an awful job at explaining what the heck is going on.
AvaerySep 24, 2019 6:08 AM
Sep 24, 2019 5:21 AM

Mar 2018
Who would've thunk that the best part of the episode would be a 2-minute scene of a talking fish?

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Sep 24, 2019 6:27 AM

Jul 2012
A ray of cuteness showed up in those dark, dark times.
Awesome signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 24, 2019 6:43 AM

Dec 2016
loli in the box? is this... is this motherf*cking *215600* reference?!?
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Sep 24, 2019 8:06 AM

Sep 2014
Wtf, this episode is actually decent.
Sep 24, 2019 8:42 AM

Dec 2016
Did Yue confirmed that Hajime's harem is in reality Polygamy? If yes, then I must say it is kinda refreshing compared to other "harem anime" that I watched.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Sep 24, 2019 9:14 AM

Jun 2017
Well, what a surprise, an actually enjoyable whole episode. The only problem I have is that they basically leveled the city, I was thinking the whole time during Yue's bombardment that guards will come out and so on, but well, ok.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Sep 24, 2019 10:05 AM
Jan 2019
If you asked me what was my favorite episode of this anime, I would say it is this one. I think it is the only one that has not left me with a bad taste and has shown a decent animation compared to previous episodes.
They saved the slaves and eliminated the slave organization. Hajime does not beat around the bush, eliminates who deserves it.
There are smiles that must be protected like Myu's, Hajime has my respect.
Sep 24, 2019 10:17 AM
Nov 2014
i´ve been reading the comments during this anime , and i´ve a queston.

this is so critical negative about being bad cuz the awful battle fights with bad cgi enemies or is the history hitself?

for me the history ins´t so bad at all.
Sep 24, 2019 10:18 AM

Jul 2014
This was a pretty fun episode.

Hajime and Shea's date was nice.

Lehman... I expected to see him again but didn't expect him to be relevant and even less that it would bond with Hajime lol.

The conversation between Yue and Tio was interesting. It's nice to see a true harem in the making.

I'm really liking Hajime, he doesn't give a shit and just kills the bad guy.

Myu is adorable... and of course Yui Ogura voices a loli.
Sep 24, 2019 3:58 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
My boy Hajime has kind of been ruthless lately, I was not expecting him to shoot someone in the face like that. Daaamn. He even killed an old classmate last episode, this dude can become a villain if let loose.
This merfolk's relationship with Shea reminds me of Filo and Raphtalia respectively from Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari.
The girls request for a baby at the end gave me some nostalgic flashbacks of Xenovia from High School DxD, God I loved that show.
Sep 24, 2019 6:21 PM

Dec 2016
I really like how Hajime just dropped in on the slave trader and popped him, I definitely would have done the same.

Yep those are indeed fireworks lol.

A good rescue mission, everyone did their part.
Sep 24, 2019 7:26 PM

Aug 2013
Wiping out a child trafficking ring was definitely the most satisfying victory of this show, for sure.
Sep 24, 2019 7:45 PM

Feb 2017
The part with the fish had my laughing so hard xD
Sep 24, 2019 8:26 PM
Jul 2018
The Seaman reference surprised me. Also, nice that it looks like this could have a harem end, even some babymaking.
Sep 25, 2019 2:10 AM

Oct 2017
Oho a mermaid loli joins the team. Also nice time to produce babies with them lol.
Sep 25, 2019 6:28 AM

Aug 2013
actually one of the better episode
maybe because there's no bad cgi attacc
Sep 25, 2019 9:49 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was very ok, until i saw that weird cg when they were in that cabin washing Myu lmao. I am surprised by the fact that the main characters in this have way more character than the ones in kimetsu no yaiba. Irony at its finest.
Sep 26, 2019 3:37 AM

Feb 2012
This anime has its flaws, but there's something very charming about the story and characters. The pacing is very weird but I can kind of forgive it since it is entertaining.

Something about how absolutely brutal they are. Take no prisoners, kill everyone who gets in your way. If you really look at it, this anime is really tone deaf, but I feel like that's what makes it.
Sep 26, 2019 5:03 AM

Jul 2015
This anime is actually getting better with every episode now. I mean, it's still garbage, but at least it's on par with your basic isekai... If they had started off with this sort of action and comedy, this could have actually been a stupid fun sort of anime.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Sep 26, 2019 6:55 AM

Feb 2013
I liked the first 3-4 episodes of this anime. Despite some obvious flaws, it had a sort of darkish vibe to it and I liked how things were progressing.

All went down hill after that imo. This episode was ok but I find the characters annoying and very artificial. And confusing.
Sep 26, 2019 7:47 AM

Aug 2016
Themousen said:
I actually...pretty much enjoyed that episode ??

Pleasant surprise.

I mean, Arifureta is like an art. It's so bad, I can't stop to enjoying it.

Avaery said:

There is an underlying plot to Arifureta that would have made a lot of sense to you if you read the novels. The anime studio butchered the source material and you are blaming the novelist for something they have no control over. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

And it's not really just one OP character. The bugged rabbit, the vampire princess and the perverted dragon are OP in their own way. The nemesis of the series is God, and in this episode Hajime explains to Tio that he would kill God if necessary, which triggers that flashback of younger Tio and her dying father discussing the possibility of someone strong enough to come along in the future who will slay God.

If you haven't noticed by now that the labyrinths that Hajime, Yue and Shea cleared are actually trials to prepare them to face/fight God. The anime has done an awful job at explaining what the heck is going on.

Honestly, that doesn't sounds good even as novel. I mean, my judgement is based on anime impression on me, which is hardly doing any good, but if I wanted kinda OP MC faces a God, I would just read Youjo Senki.
Martin_TaylorSep 26, 2019 7:52 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 26, 2019 2:03 PM

Apr 2016
It sounds bizarre to say this, but the convo with Yue and Tio kinda highlights that the development in the relationship between Yue and Shea is...actually tangible, making this a cute moment that made me reflect on how 5 episodes ago, Yue and Hajime were practically trying to kill her. While the progression between their development in episode 7 wasn't very smooth, by episode 8, you can actually see them sorta getting along and getting softer, less competitive or jerky. Even FranXX couldn't pull this off with one relationship, and it almost makes me think that this might end up not being my pick for worst anime of the year after all. It proves that there are some good things and some potential buried underneath all this sludge.

At the same time, this episode is still pretty terrible and the show up until now has been mostly insufferable and broken, and there's no way there can be an even remotely satisfying end to this season. Now the pseudoharem has a child to look after because we need even more parallels with SAO's pseudoharem (now all we need is another guy), and they really need to contrive a reason for her to be in danger and for the episode to have a conflict, 14 minutes in, that gets resolved in 4 minutes and nothing really comes of it, like this whole thing could have been taken out entirely outside of the fact that it being built up in the beginning establishes why this side quest exists in the first place. Also wow Tio's backstory dream flashback was weak and pointless, relating to nothing at all. Also, WOW that insert song was so badly implemented! It doesn't suit the scenes it's in, in any way!

HA! Comment number 69. Fitting given one of the characters and episodes of this show. Wait, 70?! FUCK!!
CodeBlazeFateJan 4, 2020 11:26 AM
Sep 27, 2019 2:51 PM

May 2018
A hero saving a slave episode. Leh's face was funny, it reminds me of a meme. They introduced Myu here as a new character and she is a cute one too, it looks like she will be another girl for Hajime's team, but I hope it won't happen.

Sep 27, 2019 6:52 PM
Mar 2012
Lehman's a good bro hope we see him more.
Show really shines when it's character SOL focused instead of cg fights. Shea date was quite nice (none of the usual harem in fighting), and the trio with Hajime & Myu gave a new family vibe esp with that similar hair colors.
Tea talk with Yue confidently open to competing for Hajime was refreshing to see.
Sep 27, 2019 11:06 PM

Jul 2008
Blade-Fang-Kaori said:
I just realized Myu's character design really similar to Yoshino from Date A Live especially because her face and her hair.....

KhayalCorp88 said:
We have Vampire, Rabbit, Dragon, and Mermaid already.

I think we still missing something .......

Mummy, Frankenstein, and Werewolf?

I also thought about Myu.

And with that on mind, lets give more options: Yukionna, Lamia, Slime, Centaur, Ghost, and any other option you can find here: https://monstergirlencyclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Family_Index (too lazy to keep writing)

And with that said, It was a pretty nice episode… 
Sadly it changed nothing in the overall.
My candies:
Sep 28, 2019 3:42 AM

Oct 2008
How to wreck havoc on a random village!
LOL Myuu is so adorable CUTE!
4/5.

Oct 4, 2019 6:46 PM
Mar 2015
Loli Another harem cliche heard from
Oct 5, 2019 9:53 AM

Jan 2015
If we ignore the animation, this episode was kinda okay in comparison to the earlier ones. I mean Hajime's personality is still obnoxious but I guess it's passable. Still is the worst show of the season for me.
Oct 5, 2019 1:45 PM
May 2015
FullyCharged said:
Very good episode.

Cuteness overload with Myu, and surprisingly Shea and Tio weren't annoying in this episode.

L'11° era abominevole Simona, ma mai quanto il 12..
Nell'11° ricordo che per sconfiggere i cattivoni che avevano rapito la ragazza tritone hanno devastato mezza città.. #Qualidad
Il 12° invece è oro colato di putridume, dagli un'occhiata nel caso non l'avessi ancora già fatto.. non capisco come ti sia piaciuto D:
TsunamiYTOct 7, 2019 1:57 AM
Oct 5, 2019 1:51 PM

Sep 2016
TsunamiYT said:
FullyCharged said:
Very good episode.

Cuteness overload with Myu, and surprisingly Shea and Tio weren't annoying in this episode.

L'11° era abominevole Simona, ma mai quanto il 12..
Nell'11° ricordo che per sconfiggere i cattivoni che avevano rapito alla ragazza tritone hanno devastato mezza città.. #Qualidad
Il 12° invece è oro colato di putridume, dagli un'occhiata nel caso non l'avessi ancora già fatto.. non capisco come ti sia piaciuto D:

Meglio di molti altri episodi (tranne i primi 2 o 3) intendo.
La serie ha perso molto di qualità da quando Hajime ha cominciato a incontrare altre ragazze senza dar loro il "begone thot treatment".
Poi come ho scritto sopra a me Tio e Shea stanno sulle palle (rovinano la monogamiah), e in sto ep non hanno fatto granchè per farsi odiare...:D

Nell'ep 12 non succede nulla, hanno perso tempo invece di animare subito la scena di Hajime che viene a salvarli.
bruh
Oct 5, 2019 6:46 PM

Nov 2011
Wait...this girl that got stabbed and petrified was there at the end chanting for a barrier...what?

Honestly I wouldn't mind a second season because this anime is so bad its good.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 6, 2019 4:59 AM

Mar 2009
Seygneur said:
Kirito and Raphtalia exploring the whole parental theme with the little mermaid sure felt great.

Gosh, I love it when a show providing highlights such as anal dragon penetration is trying to take itself seriously again.

That about sums it up. How are we supposed to take this show seriously anymore?
Oct 6, 2019 1:44 PM

Apr 2016
An incredible boring episode, It’s becoming very hard to end this series but with only two episodes left I don’t want to drop it.
Oct 7, 2019 4:01 AM

Aug 2017
This episode is actually decent, especially in the comedy aspect.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 15, 2019 12:52 PM

Oct 2013
Fine and lighthearted episode. It was surprisingly entertaining. Tio didn't feel that much annoying. Myuu is very cute, but it was so sad when she cried over Hajime's decision to give her to local townguard post. :( Abandoning her would be wise, but cruel as hell. Good she eventually joined the party. Maybe she will be useful in battle somehow?

Comedy elements were fine. The best was that talking fish, the worst were them jokes from the last scene about impregnation. Cringy stuff if you ask me.
AdnashOct 15, 2019 12:55 PM
Nov 7, 2019 10:53 PM

Dec 2012
Ah yes a loli of course

Nov 15, 2019 12:26 PM

Sep 2012
papa 😂😂😂😂

chair-sama said:
Of course, the only thing that was missing in this retarded harem was a loli.

she is a kid not lolli

also:
get ur mind off the gutter she is 2young and as she said PAPA

Dudi4PoLFr said:
Lol Yue lost her loli status in this harem!

I just love that "Super Hero" way of saving everybody by exploding half of the city without any consequences.

she is a child not a lolli
Sugram22Mar 20, 2021 4:24 AM
Jan 3, 2020 1:10 PM

Jun 2017
Oh we have loli now.At least she doesn't call him "oni-chan" anymore.
May 6, 2020 8:30 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Thorckan said:
That was an interesting episode, less boring than usually
Yes but the suburbs are not a huge open-air crib populated by newborns
Jun 7, 2020 9:23 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Damn Ogura high pitches as Myu really damaging my ears, lol!

But still, this slice of life type of show really good rather watching on the awful battle. Its nice to see some flashback for Tio. Its same like Shea's story, eh? Its funny, is that a coincidence? Obviously no. it was a destiny. A lucky bastard Hajime take all the opportunity for his own harem, and ofc thats not a coincidence.

Myu is the last member right? I guess, no? What else being the latest member? I need more loli to add my little salvations on this show. If not, screw this shit.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 8, 2020 2:40 PM
Jan 2018
Erm no myu isn't the last member and she will never be one
Jan 25, 2021 2:59 AM

Sep 2017
I do like how they don't hold any punches, You mess around you get clapped.
Its refreshing from all the "Its a bad guy ! I will turn him good now !" animes
Mar 12, 2021 5:36 PM

Nov 2010
Nice episode. Some bit of backstory for Tio and some character developments for the waifus. I want a talking fish as a pet too! lol
Mar 20, 2021 4:26 AM

Sep 2012
Mattinator95 said:
Erm no myu isn't the last member and she will never be one

the priestess who had hots for him mite be the last

the mermaid isn't harem member even she is their child new :D
Feb 7, 2022 9:59 AM
Stellaron Hunter

Oct 2020
I'm not a fan of the new loli one was more than enough.
The ending of the episode was cringeworthy.
Incessant Rain

“Can you let me have some fun this time?”

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2019

383 by Rishabh1348 »»
Mar 5, 9:52 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2019

173 by Seabury »»
Jan 14, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2019

158 by Seabury »»
Jan 13, 7:04 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2019

171 by Mizangrh »»
Dec 26, 2023 8:18 AM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2019

89 by WELLERM »»
Nov 29, 2023 6:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.