Forum Settings
Forums

What anime do you think is(are) a waste of time?

New
Sep 23, 2019 1:20 AM
Nov 2017
If it comes to mahou shojo, it usually around the same exact formula:
Middle school girls find a magical creature that tells them to transform into magical warriors.

All frilly dresses, all the cliches(*cough*power of friendship*cough*). Wash, rinse, and repeat. Especially if said show is targeted towards little little kids, since most of us are getting too old for it.

There are some shows in the genre that are targeted towards both girls and adults(ie. Sailor Moon) that deals with serious issues. Some mostly for older audiences(ie. Madoka, Yuki Yuna, Granblem, Symphogear).

And those that fall under the (kiddy) cliches of the genre that it's getting boring really fast(*cough*precure*cough*).

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 23, 2019 1:32 AM

Jul 2016
Reading that, I feel like you really just wanted to complain about magical girl shows. Fair enough I guess.

In that same vein then, idol anime, cause they really do feel like exactly the same thing whenever I try to watch one. Bunch of high schools with candy coloured hair get dressed up in ugly outfits and sing soulless, shitty corporate pop songs and if it's the real world, probably get exploited mentally ruined by their bosses and a toxic fanbase.

I've never found an idol show I liked, and I've never found an idol song that I would be cruel enough to share with someone else.
Sep 23, 2019 1:39 AM

Mar 2015
Trickster and Blade&Soul. 0 redeeming qualities for both.
Sep 23, 2019 1:56 AM
Oct 2017
Code Geass. Just a trash show. Terrible and idiotic characters, tediously slow progression that does not have any purpose or meaning behind it. Just so damn bad. Lelouch is the man though.
Sep 23, 2019 2:02 AM

Aug 2015
Oh boy, here we go:

Boruto: Just why. There is no reason (besides money) to continue the series. And they did the impossible, make it worse.

Fairy Tail: Worst shonen to ever exist.

Gintama: Not my type of comedy, so if an anime about comedy didn't make me laugh in 106 episodes, I will call it a waste of time.

Midori (the ova/movie): The worst animated show I have ever seen. Just don't even look for it.

Sep 23, 2019 2:07 AM
Jan 2019
IbrahimKDemirsoy said:
Code Geass. Just a trash show. Terrible and idiotic characters, tediously slow progression that does not have any purpose or meaning behind it. Just so damn bad. Lelouch is the man though.

Of course your opinion >>>>>> The 643K who rated the show 8+
Sep 23, 2019 2:10 AM
Apr 2019
Mirai Nikki and Seven Deadly Sins
complete waste of time
Sep 23, 2019 2:48 AM

Jan 2016
Ill go for Fate Stay/Night (2006)
NakolHira said:
Mirai Nikki and Seven Deadly Sins
complete waste of time
yeah Mirai Nikki , i watched that show only because of Yuno and overall its was a waste of time
Sep 23, 2019 3:00 AM

Jun 2019
Vatican Miracle Examiner

Instead of the chilling mysteries I expected, I got overly dramatic fujobait.
Sep 23, 2019 3:06 AM

Apr 2019
Like, all of them? And an entertaining one for sure.

Sep 23, 2019 3:34 AM

Jul 2019
Code Geass - can't imagine anime worst than this one;
Banana Fish - doesn't even deserve a comment;
Mononoke Hime - one huge nothing;
Cowboy Bebop - this one i really wanted to like, but it was extremely boring
Yes it's just my opinion
Sep 23, 2019 4:12 AM
Oct 2017
YooNooMAL said:
IbrahimKDemirsoy said:

Of course your opinion >>>>>> The 643K who rated the show 8+

What's your point here? I never said it is an objective fact. I Just stated my opinion, which this entry wants you to do. What, do I always have to be part of the consensus, is that it? Grow up.
Sep 23, 2019 4:24 AM
Jul 2018
Finished Kannazuki no Miko this morning, because Girls Love anime or manga with a fantasy or scifi setting are so rare. Most are SOL romances and drama, but it wouldn't make a difference for me, if I don't know the anime tbh.
Sep 23, 2019 5:03 AM
Feb 2017
Gonizuka said:
Yes it's just my opinion

Code Geass: 1/10

OPM S2: 10/10

Now hold on a second buddy.
Sep 23, 2019 5:06 AM
Dec 2018
Boruto: Money is The Only Reason they made it.
Suzumiya Haruhi Yuuutsu: Piece of Shit anime.
MajinSageSep 23, 2019 5:10 AM
Sep 23, 2019 5:57 AM

Jul 2019
BlakexEkalb said:
Gonizuka said:
Yes it's just my opinion

:D I watched both OPM seasons in less than 10 hours and I see it as one. Maybe when i watch S2 one more time, my score could change a bit. Code Geass score however is written in stone.
Sep 23, 2019 6:06 AM

Apr 2017
no one.

I mean there are anime you don't like, but there are no waste of time.
Sep 23, 2019 6:08 AM

Apr 2019
Gonizuka said:
BlakexEkalb said:

:D I watched both OPM seasons in less than 10 hours and I see it as one. Maybe when i watch S2 one more time, my score could change a bit. Code Geass score however is written in stone.

Could you elaborate on why you find Code Geass that bad? It's easy to say "this is just bad". I want to see sound arguments for that, and I'm genuinely curious.
Sep 23, 2019 6:12 AM
Aug 2018
reincarnated as slime
sangatsu no lion
fairytail
sword art online
goblin slayer
bakayarou konoyarou
Sep 23, 2019 6:57 AM

Jul 2019
Pike27 said:
Gonizuka said:

Could you elaborate on why you find Code Geass that bad? It's easy to say "this is just bad". I want to see sound arguments for that, and I'm genuinely curious.

Of course but I've already wasted 50 episodes time on this so i'll be short with just a couple of examples...
It's all just ridiculous and illogical! So that dude Lelouch can control a person for life but he only have one shot of doing so and 99% of the time he waste this option... Why? Easy, cause somehow they have to stretch a single idea(stolen from DN) into 50 episodes. And they are trying to convince me the dude is some sort of a genius by simply telling me he is some sort of a genius while his actions shows the exact opposite. He didn't do a single smart thing, it's just everyone else is as dumb as a shoe. All he did in two seasons any average person with his ability could do in 2 episodes or less.
It's like some not very bright 8y old fan of Death Note wrote it.
No offence to all the people who enjoyed it, i respect their taste and opinion
Sep 23, 2019 7:13 AM

Jul 2017
I feel like 'waste of time' is different from simply 'didn't like' like a lot of people above are listing

but to me I say GJ-bu and Lamune. Both are extremely slow paced, and you've pretty much seen the entire show after the 1st ep
Sep 23, 2019 7:14 AM

May 2016
Most shounen is a waste of my time, personally, simply for lack of intrashow story diversity over the time committed. For example, I have Hunter x Hunter on my PTW, but at 148 episodes, I could watch 6-12 different anime, all with unique stories and experiences to offer, or I could watch 148 episodes of what is probably more or less the same thing each episode. So I can't commit the time to that. For example, Yu-Gi-Oh and Fairy Tail are both on hold for me because they just get exhausting. The anime themselves are significantly different stories, but every episode feels like the same thing, even if the conflict and settings are tweaked for "freshness." So I don't feel like I get the most value for my time when watching shounen.
Sep 23, 2019 7:16 AM

Aug 2018
None, really. Everything I have watched so far has helped shape my taste to what it currently is in one way or another.
Sep 23, 2019 7:18 AM

Jan 2015
every fate -except zero-
bnha
harems, harem isekai (e.g shield hero)
Sep 25, 2019 10:01 AM

Jul 2019
Seven Deadly sins and naruto. Also Fairy tail and sao
Sep 25, 2019 11:38 AM

Oct 2010
GoldenChrysus said:
Most shounen is a waste of my time, personally, simply for lack of intrashow story diversity over the time committed. For example, I have Hunter x Hunter on my PTW, but at 148 episodes, I could watch 6-12 different anime, all with unique stories and experiences to offer, or I could watch 148 episodes of what is probably more or less the same thing each episode. So I can't commit the time to that.

Each arc in Hunter X Hunter is different than the rest, and the main character focus varies as well. That aspect at least is covered in the show.
Sep 25, 2019 11:41 AM

May 2016
jal90 said:
GoldenChrysus said:
Most shounen is a waste of my time, personally, simply for lack of intrashow story diversity over the time committed. For example, I have Hunter x Hunter on my PTW, but at 148 episodes, I could watch 6-12 different anime, all with unique stories and experiences to offer, or I could watch 148 episodes of what is probably more or less the same thing each episode. So I can't commit the time to that.

Each arc in Hunter X Hunter is different than the rest, and the main character focus varies as well. That aspect at least is covered in the show.

That's why it's on my list, as I heard it's, I don't know...more rewarding, diverse?...than other shounen. But it's still a shounen and so a large commitment that is hard for me make.
Sep 25, 2019 11:44 AM
Feb 2019
Basically normal SoL harem ecchis that go NOWHERE in romance and literally offer no character development. Why do they even have to exist in the first place?
Sep 25, 2019 12:01 PM

Oct 2010
Kimi ni todoke recap is a waste of time because if you watched the 1st season you already know the story, so why would you watch a 25 min episode which explaines what happened in the last 24 episodes? It's useful only if you watched the 1st season long time ago or you really don't wanna watch the 1st season for whatever reason. For me it was a waste of time, I watched it just because.
Sep 25, 2019 12:03 PM

Dec 2012
Anything I rated 5 or below was a waste of my time.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Sep 25, 2019 12:23 PM

Jul 2016
https://myanimelist.net/anime/37105/Grand_Blue

Because it has too many retards and not enough focus on tits.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/34934/Koi_to_Uso

Because the main character is a wishy washy piece of shit.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/14199/Oniichan_dakedo_Ai_sae_Areba_Kankeinai_yo_ne

Because

https://myanimelist.net/anime/37786/Yagate_Kimi_ni_Naru

Because it doesn't go anywhere.
Sep 25, 2019 5:04 PM

Aug 2018
Id have to say one piece. Not because its bad or anything but rather because of how long and filled with fillers it is, there are many animes out there that could be much more enjoyable with less episodes.

I just dont think its worth the time you put into it
Sep 25, 2019 5:15 PM

Jul 2019
Suzumiya Haruhi Yuuutsu S2 Repeating the scene several times in several episodes is very boring and a waste of time.I personally hated this series, until it released a movie version, so I turned to like this series.

Sep 25, 2019 8:58 PM
Jul 2018
Way too many but I admit watching some garbo shows helped me to appreciate better shows but there are some extremely waste of time that deserves a warning: Masamune-kun no Revenge (ends up pile of nothingness, honestly OP visual spoils the whole show lol), Hand Shakers (very self-explanatory), Sword of stranger/Summer Wars (extremely predictable story/very basic plot twists), and asobi asobase (one of the most soulless characterizations I've ever seen) and etc mostly from very unpopular show that I doubt many are aware of their existance.
Sep 25, 2019 9:03 PM

Mar 2015
Ki-Queen4u said:
If it comes to mahou shojo, it usually around the same exact formula:
Middle school girls find a magical creature that tells them to transform into magical warriors.

All frilly dresses, all the cliches(*cough*power of friendship*cough*). Wash, rinse, and repeat. Especially if said show is targeted towards little little kids, since most of us are getting too old for it.

There are some shows in the genre that are targeted towards both girls and adults(ie. Sailor Moon) that deals with serious issues. Some mostly for older audiences(ie. Madoka, Yuki Yuna, Granblem, Symphogear).

And those that fall under the (kiddy) cliches of the genre that it's getting boring really fast(*cough*precure*cough*).

Stop complaining, kids show are for kids, its not rocket science why you feel that you're not enjoying it
The world is not beautiful. Therefore, it is.
Sep 25, 2019 9:05 PM

Dec 2016
Anything unoriginal, isekai animes that i generally rate 3/10 and drop from episode 1 but more generally anything below 7*
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Sep 26, 2019 1:57 AM

Oct 2008
Uta no Prince-sama
Diabolic Lovers
Hidan no Aria
Bikini Warriors

and

Parody genre anime series
Sep 26, 2019 2:05 AM
May 2019
Any anime that you're not enjoying is a waste of time.
Sep 26, 2019 6:52 AM

Jan 2018
I almost wanted to say that nothing is a waste of time but I agree with post 36 about masamune-kun no revenge. Someone needs to warn newbie anime fans about cliffhanger anime unless they are okay with continuing it with reading the source materials. It's like buying medicine that helps you lose weight, except that it's a poison to make you lose appetite.
Sep 26, 2019 7:00 AM
~Watching Anime

Oct 2018
I watch anime for entertainment, that is to pass the time. I've never felt anything I've watched was a waste of time, but I've definitely watched things I didn't enjoy. That time passed was a learning experience, and there's some small value in that.
Have suspicions, not faith.
Sep 26, 2019 7:13 AM

Oct 2018
fairly most of it.

1. anime with a cliffhanger...
2. anime with an unsatisfying ending
3. anime that not fully adapt from the manga.

Sep 26, 2019 7:26 AM

Apr 2016
For me is everything I rated 6 or lower

Sep 26, 2019 7:35 AM
Apr 2017
Hundred... Such a bad series 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
Sep 26, 2019 7:48 AM
May 2019
Continuation of Berserk (not including the movies), the manga doesn't deserve its anime adaptation. Not only the lame CGI, but removing the chapters which should be included in anime is a huge mistake. I think many people would prefer watching it if the '97 series continued, but sadly the chapters were not enough. And yeah, I think that it's a waste of time watching the continuation lol.
Feb 13, 2020 6:42 AM
May 2019
Harems and Reverse Harems are a complete of time, they are so generic, cliched not entertaining at all just plain annoying
Feb 13, 2020 6:46 AM

Jul 2016
yotamdin said:
Id have to say one piece. Not because its bad or anything but rather because of how long and filled with fillers it is, there are many animes out there that could be much more enjoyable with less episodes.

The amount of content the anime offers is easily worth my time imo.And also One piece doesn´t even have that much filler.Believe it or not,the problem comes more from the pacing.
Feb 13, 2020 6:56 AM
Duck Overlord

Mar 2016
Diabolik Lovers, frankly

Still not sure why I put myself through that

Otherwise, I don't consider any anime a waste of time - for the most part, at the time I watched it, I liked it and considered it good. Sometimes it wasn't until after that I realized how bad something might've been.
"The moment you think of giving up, think of the reason you held on so long." - Natsu Dragneel

"Now I see more and understand less." - Taichi Yagami
Feb 13, 2020 7:04 AM

Jul 2019
I watched 3 whole seasons of BNHA with a friend and I have no idea how I didn't gave up after episode 1. It was the most boring shounen I have ever watched.
Feb 13, 2020 7:11 AM

Sep 2014
Boku no pico XD I regret that I watched this (including other parts) lmao
Pupa - boring and the plot was meh
Special A - boring
Yamato Nadeshiko Shichihenge♥ - idk how I managed to complete this it took me almost 2 months
Umineko no Naku Koro ni - if u liked Higurashi no Naku Koro ni and thought that this will be good, because it's alternative setting... don't even start, god it was pain in the ass
Oh and I saw almost all yaoi and shounen ai from myanimelist and many of them were meh too, especially the old ones.
Feb 13, 2020 8:41 AM

Aug 2018
Missaliensan said:
yotamdin said:

The amount of content the anime offers is easily worth my time imo.And also One piece doesn´t even have that much filler.Believe it or not,the problem comes more from the pacing.

I still consider slow pacing (slower than the source) and recaps as fillers, maybe its just me but I noticed it just has a ton of bullshit scattered across it all, and without it the story could be shorter

Overall I think its much better to just read the original manga instead
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

197 by ISeeLifePeople »»
27 seconds ago

» That moment when you realize...

Dominusew - 10 minutes ago

4 by Piromysl »»
36 seconds ago

» what's the worst anime you've watched and what exactly was the worst part of it ? ( 1 2 )

ame - Apr 7

66 by 23feanor »»
23 minutes ago

» which antagonist is your fave and which one you cannot JUST TAKE SERIOUSLY ?

ame - 6 hours ago

13 by Otakupervert890 »»
30 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 23

90 by Theo1899 »»
33 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.