Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Teasing Master Takagi-san
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 23, 2019 8:05 AM
Mar 2015
Nice ending Nishkata is winning he just does not understand the game. The girls looked great in their yukatas Loved the race for your love trope It never gets old
Sep 23, 2019 8:05 AM
Feb 2018
Well episode 11 for how much I liked it and how cute it was that Nishikata actually asked her out made me ask the question, how will they handle a situation where they are officially together?
Short answer, they didn't... Not a horrible ep but it didn't live up to any of my expectations really, it wasn't at all different from any of the previous ones :/
Sep 23, 2019 8:36 AM

Feb 2013
This was a great ride, hopefully this gets more seasons.
Nishikita holding Takagi's hand to makeup for not seeing the fireworks together was nice.
Kimura, good job my dude.

8/10
Sep 23, 2019 9:47 AM

Feb 2017
Cute and great finale, is this Nishikata's first official victory? Anyways Kimura best bro.
Hoping for season 3 soon.
Sep 23, 2019 10:16 AM
Apr 2016
Wow, what a nice friend, screaming like that in order to help, very sweet. Finally they held hands, that was very nice.
Sep 23, 2019 10:25 AM
Jul 2019
After watching last ep end I was hoping for chapter 31 being adapted. A bit dissapointed here tbh. Still this was a good season.

KasaiRyujinSep 23, 2019 3:54 PM
Sep 23, 2019 11:02 AM
May 2015
It was so damn cute, too bad Nishikata never complimented Takagi on her yukata.

I need a S3 or at least some OVA with a proper ending when he finally confess
I'm so sad this anime ended :(

Kimura deserves some love too !
vashe9Sep 23, 2019 11:05 AM
Sep 23, 2019 11:24 AM

Mar 2018
Naww such a wholesome episode
Kimura is a man of honor. MVP of the episode without a doubt

Glad to see Sanae's group doing well and enjoying the summer festival as friends ^^ Was also nice to see a small bit of Hamaguchi x Houjou, wanted to see more of them instead of just the broken parts ngl

Solid 8/10. Liked especially how this season had more romance focus, hoping for a third season

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Sep 23, 2019 11:53 AM
Nov 2014
Good ending. For some reason it feels like we won’t get season 3, but I really hope we get
Sep 23, 2019 12:14 PM
Mar 2019
LLOOOVVEEDD IT :D
Had a tear in the eye in the end :3
It's a sure thing, we're getting a season 3 (I hope)
Kimura, BEST GUY IN THE WORLD
Sep 23, 2019 1:35 PM

Aug 2009
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ TAKAGI-SAN SEASON 3 TAKE MY ENERGY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 23, 2019 1:38 PM
Feb 2009
ohhh man Kimura the mad lad in this episode helping Nishikata find Takagi san through that crowd
Sep 23, 2019 1:59 PM

Jul 2017
Where do I begin...
First of all, amazing episode. Sure, it was the fireworks trope that's been beaten to death. However, seeing it through the lenses of two middle school students made it more than unique enough.
Very good episode.

Now as for this season as a whole...
Absolutely phenomenal. It was an improvement upon the already great Season 1 in every regard.
This season seemed less focused on the teasing aspect and put a bigger emphasis on the relationship aspect - which was exactly what the series needed.
As for improvements, we saw a ton.
Firstly, the side characters were much more involved, yet not used to the point where it was a fault (season 1). For example, Kimura (MVP) and Takao provided an alternative perspective to Nishikata and Takagi's relationship, which was something season 1 lacked. Meanwhile, the 3 girls were far less present here than Season 1.

Comparisons aside, this season was also an amazing adaptation. While it adapted some great chapters, it had plenty of anime-original moments, which were easily the best parts - and offered development.
Where this series, notably this season, excels in is how it captures a middle school dynamic while also putting a unique spin on it. This season found the perfect balance of everything.
This is without a doubt, my AOTS, and a runnerup for my personal AOTY (though it'd most likely lose to Shingeki S3 P2 and Kaguya-sama).
A 9.5/10 for me, but I may bump it up closer to a 10 depending on how it sits with me later down the line.

Honestly, and here me out -
I don't really think we need a 3rd season - at least of manga adaptations.
Anything adapted from the manga would feel like a step backward after this episode. I feel as though this season (mostly this episode) serves as a suitable "conclusion", to the anime at least.
That said, a mostly, if not completely anime original 3rd season would be great if it continued to build upon what has been established. I doubt the likelihood of this happening though, and I'm not sure if further development would undermine the premise of the series.
If we get a 3rd season, great. If not, I'm satisfied.

With how popular this series is in Japan, I have no doubt we'll see this series continue in an anime format in one way or another.

This has been an amazing ride. And thank you to the fansubbers who made watching this show possible!
Sorry, the user you are looking for is not available at the moment. You are currently reading text generated by APSAB or "Auto-Programmed-Signature-Mataining-Bot" (patent pending).

ERROR CODE 1979-NIPUL-W3EB
Please Install the Latest Version of MAL.OS as Some Features of Certain Signatures May Not Appear Correctly. You are currently running MAL.OS.V4. Click here to download MAL.OS.V5.

APSAB Version: Beta.99

"If Seinfeld isn't your favorite anime, then you aren't watching anime correctly."
- Me

Sep 23, 2019 2:01 PM

Nov 2013
I was a bit disappointed that they didn't wrap things up and didn't end the show with Nishikata making a definitive move, though he made a huge step forward with the HOLY hand-holding. On the brighter note, now it is Highly possible that we'll get another season of Takagi, though if that happens, i really hope they actually END it there. I don't think the show will profit from too much episodes. Would definitely keep hope for the 3rd season!
Sep 23, 2019 2:05 PM

Apr 2015
What an amazing ending for this second season, hoping to see some more in the future of this!

8/10
Sep 23, 2019 2:08 PM

Nov 2016
Ahhhh, Kimura-san, the hero we all need but we don't deserve.

This season was surprisingly more funny, enjoyable and everything than the first one, so Im glad that I decided to watch it, their relation is was better and both of them know at this point that they like eachother, I was also hyped for the moment when Takagi appeared as an adult, like damn is this already coming?

I would like to have the adult manga adapted for the next season, but anyways 8/10
Sep 23, 2019 3:23 PM
May 2016
It was so good, I'm kinda woried about why I smiled during the entire season, I think I love Takagi-san too much, Rieri is my favourite seiyuu, so, it make sense.

Can't put anything than a 10/10.

Do someone know where we should get up with the manga after this episode ? Or if we need to catch up some chapters back in the time.

Thanks in advance.
Sep 23, 2019 4:50 PM

Aug 2014
Anyone knows the song at the end where he was searching for her?
RPWPASep 23, 2019 5:57 PM
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Sep 23, 2019 5:09 PM

Dec 2012
RPWPA said:
Anyone knows the song at the end where he was searching for her?
Kimi to Hikari by Ohara Yuiko
LightBladeNova said:
It makes me sad to know that still hardly anyone knows what a visual novel is, even in the anime community.
Sep 23, 2019 5:47 PM
Aug 2019
In the end there is just couple taste not actually the go out together but yeah 9/10 because for me if you want to end this season it will be nice if the end up to be a real couple, like Nisikhata in the end ask out Takagi.
Love Takagi so much!!!
Sep 23, 2019 6:24 PM

Jul 2017
Ahhh man no kiss?? That sucks :(

On the other hand, it was a fantastic episode, while having a different vibe to the usual goofy and fun atmosphere this series gives, being more serious and all during the climax (festival), the anime never left its premise even for a second, that's just awesome!

Nishikata still tried to avoid being flustered, but he just... let himself go during the festival and finally let his honest inner feelings demonstrate themselves towards Takagi. And so, they held hands and finito. Imo, considering what this show's premise is, the ending was really damn good, at least i am super satisfied with the experience. Will we get more? Fuck yeah, by all means bring it!

9/10, an upgrade from the 1st season
WaterLordSep 23, 2019 7:23 PM
Sep 23, 2019 6:42 PM

Oct 2012
Kimura really is a true Bro
Sep 23, 2019 7:59 PM

Oct 2017
Was so torn between 7 and 8 for this but settled on 7. Always better to err on the lower end imo.

I love the show. Takagi is the absolute cutest. But I have the same complaints most people do about the repetitiveness. I can't help but feel frustrated the longer the series goes on. Like, even in this last episode, and after what happened last episode, Nishikata acts too bashful in my opinion. A better show would subtely show changes in his character but it was like they were smashing the same button at the same volume over and over.

Of course we did see some great development in the later parts of this season though. But any drink will taste good to a parched man. Ironically, the show teased us, keeping the romance at arms length for too long. And I've never been one to enjoy girls who tease.

It's still a good score for me, 7/10, and maybe it's unfair if I were to be more of an objective rater. The show was never meant to be dramatic romance with serious development. The episodic stuff is it's bread and butter, and in so far as it tries to be a fun, episodic, weekly teasing affair, where you know what to expect, like returning to somewhere familiar, Takagi-san is one of the best.
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aggregate scoring is bad for the anime fandom
Sep 23, 2019 8:24 PM
Mar 2017
The last episode of this season is finally here and I didn't want it to come, I will really miss the lethal doses of sweetness that Takagi and Nishikata shared in each episode and this episode was undoubtedly lethally sweet, it was the most cute and adorable thing I've ever seen in a long time.

Nishikata tried to tell Takagi that she looked pretty with her Yukata, but the embarrassment won him and Takagi tried hard to look cute for Nishikata and personally she looked very cute with that Yukata.

The challenges did not take long to appear and obviously Nishikata tried to be smarter than Takagi, but we know that would not happen, I laughed a lot as all the people with whom they interacted treated them as a couple and this ended in the defeat of Nishikata.
But Takagi did not stop and she proposes another challenge that made Nishikata stay on the tightrope, if he does something they would do on a date, he wins; but we know that doing that would make him feel very embarrassed and he would be at the mercy of Takagi's teasing.

The section of Mina, Sanae and Yukari was the most adorable, especially since it was the last one, I don't want to stop seeing little Mina and her funny eyebrows. Mina and Yukari looked beautiful in their Yukatas, but Sanae was not going to go with Yukata at first, but thanks to Mina's grandmother the situation changed and Sanae ended up looking just as pretty as her friends.
the scoop up fish challenge ended in the defeat of Nishikata since Takagi took the challenge seriously and then both go to eat and Nishikata was about to feed Takagi in the mouth, but the embarrassment again won him.
The competition with the hoops also ended in defeat for Nishikata, but in turn without Nishikata knowing, he won by giving Takagi the hair pin he won.
I felt so bad when Nishikata separated from Takagi, just to prevent his friends from seeing him, but Kimura saw immediately that he was carrying a girl's bag and went with Takao to another place, but even so it didn't help, since both separated and just when the fireworks started, but again Kimura was the hero who helped Nishikata meet with Takagi, but the fireworks show ended just when they were together, but in a totally unexpected turn Nishikata holds Takagi's hand and they go down the stairs together and so Nishikata won twice and Takagi's surprise face was one of the most beautiful of this season.

The new and final ending was so cute along with all the beautiful and cute moments that both lived this second season and the end where they were on the beach lighting flares was so damn cute.

The close-ups of Takagi were too beautiful for this last episode, I loved seeing how her smiles and her faces of surprise and her sad face were well detailed, the same as with her arranged hair that made her look fresher.

I give this anime 10/10 and it deserves more, this season was very good, Takagi's approaches to Nishikata were very daring and this ended with Nishikata who finally man up and ask her out to go to the summer festival and this ended with Nishikata winning a challenge and also Takagi ended up winning somehow.
I am looking forward to a third season or at least a couple of Ovas, but I need my lethal dose of sweetness from this fun couple.
Sep 23, 2019 9:40 PM

Oct 2008
Kimura is such a bro!
what the heck!? is that it!?
i wanna see future adult Takagi and Nishikata! DAMN!!! grrr
5/5.

Sep 23, 2019 10:06 PM

Dec 2016
That's it, there's no way I CAN'T give this season a solid 10/10 now
Both this ep and the other anime original camping ep are the cutest damn things I've ever seen T_T♥ This season was perfectly executed imo <3

Don't know why some of yall are doubtful of S3; I'm sure once we get enough content in the manga it will definitely be announced :)

Also shoutout to the GOAT/bro of the season Kimura my man
Sep 24, 2019 4:50 AM

Oct 2007
really nice. when Nishikata found Takagi in the stairs. and they held hands! arrrgghh.. too much sweetness. ><

Mina still best girl. the ways she talks is funny. :p

why do good anime have to end??? We need season 3...
Liddo-kunSep 24, 2019 7:35 AM
Sep 24, 2019 5:26 AM

Nov 2016
Not really an easy date for Nishikata, mainly thanks to himself, but he managed to score eventually. Pretty cute episode and satisfying conclusion. Gotta say that I enjoyed this season more than the first one and I'm also gonna pick up the manga and the spin-off.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 24, 2019 10:38 AM

Jun 2014
Kimura-san is the real hero of this series. Excellent work wingman.
Sep 24, 2019 10:45 AM
Apr 2019
Kimura, hero of the day. Hope this isn't the end, please let there be more series after this.
Sep 24, 2019 11:22 AM
Dec 2018
Oh my, what an ending.

Takagi-"You haven't been losing at all, Nishikata."
Takagi- "Guess that's my win."

I love this series so much. Hoping for a third season and lots of OVA's <3 10/10
Karakai Jouzu no (Moto) Takagi-san also needs a season!
Sep 24, 2019 11:57 AM

Sep 2016
Ishkoten said:
Jrchvrn said:
Anyone knows what was the chapter in manga is the last episode.
Entire final episode is anime original.

So, the second last wasn't?

Now you made me curious about how they did the festival in the manga.
bruh
Sep 24, 2019 12:32 PM

Dec 2014
the credit scene got me...gonna miss this show
Sep 24, 2019 2:12 PM

Jun 2008
Wow!!

Purest anime in a long time decides to go full-blown LEWD in the final episode!!!

^Lewd as fuck!

😂😂😂

All jokes aside, this was a very nice finale, I’m happy with it, and this series is just so pure and wholesome I’m just not sure how anyone can dislike it!

9/10
Sep 24, 2019 2:30 PM

Sep 2007
FullyCharged said:
Ishkoten said:
Entire final episode is anime original.

They haven't yet done the festival chapter in the manga. I think the mangaka was quite involved in the anime this season though, so we can assume it is how he wanted it to be.

Sep 24, 2019 3:56 PM

Sep 2016
Allografter said:
FullyCharged said:

They haven't yet done the festival chapter in the manga. I think the mangaka was quite involved in the anime this season though, so we can assume it is how he wanted it to be.

Are you telling me the anime went beyond the source material? :S
bruh
Sep 24, 2019 6:18 PM

Nov 2017
kuroneko99 said:
This episode's MVP was this man:

The Best !!
Thanks Kimura..
Sep 24, 2019 7:56 PM

Jan 2017
Such a sweet ending, i loved every scene of it. Kimura best bro ever.

5/5, and a 10/10 for the anime

Now i am going to read the manga
Sep 25, 2019 2:14 AM

Sep 2007
FullyCharged said:
Allografter said:

Are you telling me the anime went beyond the source material? :S

Yes and no. The manga is not chronological and is all over the place. Progress in one chapter and back to square one in the next. The anime has been much better in moving the story forward by putting random chapters together to get continuity. The chapter where he asks Takagi to the festival is like chapter 26 or something whereas later chapters were actually adapted in the first season. This is a rare case where I believe the anime has done a better job than the source material.

Sep 25, 2019 8:01 AM

Mar 2015
This show would've been much more fun if Nishikata wasn't such a beta imo.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 25, 2019 10:04 AM

May 2016
Nishikata picked up some courage to finally grab her hand.
Overall I enjoyed s1 more than this one but still it had it moments. 7/10
Sep 26, 2019 12:19 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
And now this is finished... best episode from the anime for me.
Overall, I loved this anime way more than the first season, the improvement made between the two seasons was unexpected, that was really beautiful.
9/10 maybe a third season later for moto takagi-san ? I hope
Sep 26, 2019 2:08 AM
Jun 2017
Love this final episode... as the couples, teacher, classmates of daid series appeared on this one...

But most of all they focus on Takagi and Nishikata--- and this DATE IS SWEET TO WATCH, i mean Takagi really does give hints to nishikata on what couples are doing on a DATE... but for him he consider it as a GAME.

BUT THE BEST PART IS THE LAST PART, WHERE NISHIKATA AND TAKAGI ARE FINDING EACH OTHER, and for the first time , nishikata hold Takagi's hands 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍...

Ohhh i will miss this series so much. Love the final episode.. and its also one of my favorite this season
Sep 26, 2019 6:19 AM
Aug 2019
I really loved the episode and the season I'm gonna miss the show,really hope there's going to be a season3.big up to Nishikata for finally having courage to hold Takagi's hand
Sep 26, 2019 5:16 PM
Nov 2009
rusenakman said:
Oh my, what an ending.

Takagi-"You haven't been losing at all, Nishikata."
Takagi- "Guess that's my win."

I love this series so much. Hoping for a third season and lots of OVA's <3 10/10
Karakai Jouzu no (Moto) Takagi-san also needs a season!

Agreed, I have started purchasing the Manga, sadly I have to wait for them to translate much of it to English.
Sep 27, 2019 6:47 AM

Jun 2017
Such a wholesome end! I really envy Nishikata! But it was really good for the both of them that Nishikata finally stepped up his game and also thanks to this good friend for saving the night for them!
I hope that there will be a Season 3 soon!
9/10
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Sep 27, 2019 8:17 AM

Apr 2018
Holy crap this was surprising. I've been reading the manga but I don't remember seeing this scene. He did it. He finally did it; a huge step forward for Nishikata. I wonder what lies ahead in the next season if there will be one
Sep 27, 2019 2:50 PM

May 2018
So it ended. This was a cute episode, but it makes me sad seeing that the series is ending, it doesn't even feel that this is a good way to end the anime. This was kinda nice considering Nishikata and Takagi is getting more romantic to each other. I will miss this series. I hope they adapt the old version of this too.

Sep 27, 2019 3:00 PM

Jul 2017
Shirai-chan said:
Holy crap this was surprising. I've been reading the manga but I don't remember seeing this scene. He did it. He finally did it; a huge step forward for Nishikata. I wonder what lies ahead in the next season if there will be one

This was an anime-original episode.
The festival was mentioned in the manga at some point, but it's never actually showcased it (as of now).
Sorry, the user you are looking for is not available at the moment. You are currently reading text generated by APSAB or "Auto-Programmed-Signature-Mataining-Bot" (patent pending).

ERROR CODE 1979-NIPUL-W3EB
Please Install the Latest Version of MAL.OS as Some Features of Certain Signatures May Not Appear Correctly. You are currently running MAL.OS.V4. Click here to download MAL.OS.V5.

APSAB Version: Beta.99

"If Seinfeld isn't your favorite anime, then you aren't watching anime correctly."
- Me

Sep 27, 2019 4:56 PM
Oct 2018
This is like the cutest anime I've ever seen. I didn't even expect such a well-directed finale like this one, I was literally shaking for the feels. This season really surprised me and put my hype meter up for season 3.
9/10 although a freaking 10/10 should make the deal
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zamandzoe - Sep 15, 2019

131 by _untitled »»
Mar 23, 3:42 PM

Poll: » Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2019

77 by _untitled »»
Mar 22, 5:19 PM

Poll: » Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

zamandzoe - Sep 1, 2019

70 by _untitled »»
Mar 21, 2:24 AM

Poll: » Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san 2 Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2019

49 by _untitled »»
Mar 20, 3:21 PM

Poll: » Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 18, 2019

84 by _untitled »»
Mar 20, 3:19 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.