Forum Settings
Forums

Fourth 'Haikyuu!!' Season Reveals Production Staff, Additional Cast

New
Sep 22, 2019 5:55 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The Haikyuu!! New Series Kick-off event unveiled new staff, two additional cast, and a new key visual (pictured) for the fourth anime season on Sunday. The new season, Haikyuu!!: To the Top, is scheduled to debut on MBS and TBS' Super Animeism programming block in January 2020.

Voice actors Natsuki Hanae (Kimetsu no Yaiba) and Mamoru Miyano (Ajin) are starring as second-year students Kourai Hoshiumi from Kamomedai High School and Atsumu Miya from Inarizaki High School, respectively.

Staff
Director: Masako Satou (Anima Yell!, Haikyuu!! Second Season episode director)
Assistant Director: Mariko Ishikawa (Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou vs. Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou)
Chief Animation Director: Yuu Kobayashi (Pandora Hearts assistant animation director)
Action Animation Director: Hideki Takahashi (Haikyuu!!: Sainou to Sense)
Prop Design: Mai Yonekawa (Rakuen Tsuihou)
Color Design Assistance: Noriko Arisawa (FLCL Progressive)
Assistant Director of Photography: Chiaki Fukui (B: The Beginning photography)
3D: Kouhei Iwasaki (Inuyashiki)
2D Works: Akiko Hamanaka (Kuroshitsuji)
Special Effects: Miyako Hoshi (Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru)
Studio: Production I.G

Production staff returning from the previous seasons include scriptwriter Taku Kishimoto, character designer Takahiro Kishida, art director and designer Ichirou Tatsuta, color designer Mayumi Satou, photography director Yumiko Nakata, editor Junichi Uematsu, sound director Hiromi Kikuta, and music composers Yuuki Hayashi and Asami Tachibana.

A two-episode original video animation titled Haikyuu!!: Riku vs. Kuu (Haikyuu!!: Land vs Sky), adapting chapters from volumes 22 and 23, will debut at the Jump Festa 2020 event, which runs on December 21 and 22. TOHO animation will ship the original video anime on Blu-ray and DVD on January 22, 2020. The official website also streamed a teaser promo.

Haikyuu!! adapts Haruichi Furudate's volleyball manga of the same title, which launched as a one-shot in Shounen Jump NEXT in January 2011. Weekly Shounen Jump published a second one-shot in April 2011 and began serializing the manga regularly in February 2012. Shueisha published the 39th volume on September 4, with the 40th volume planned for a November 1 release.

The first three anime seasons premiered in Spring 2014, Fall 2015, and Fall 2016, respectively. The manga also inspired four compilation films, the latest of which opened in Japan in September 2017.

Teaser PV

Source: animate Times
VindstotDec 10, 2021 11:40 PM

Sep 22, 2019 6:15 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Absolutely athrilled over this! Can’t wait to see the OVA and Season 4!

Mamoru Miyano plus Hanae Natsuki is a great addition to the already-brilliant Cast list! Big fan of the two so can’t wait to see their Characters too!

_MushiRock11_Sep 22, 2019 7:42 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 22, 2019 6:37 AM
May 2019
I'm not even kidding when I say that I called Atsumu being played by Mamo months back. I read this article and literally went into cardiac arrest. Literally the best news I've had all year. _ :(´ཀ`」 ∠):_
Sep 22, 2019 6:49 AM

Feb 2019
God, it looks beautiful. Even the background music give me heart attacks. And Mamoru joining Haikyuu? that's a dream come true right there.

Can't wait to see my babies again next year.
FlamexesSep 22, 2019 10:29 AM
Sep 22, 2019 7:39 AM
Sep 2017
So, kaneki and tsukiyama are join ayato and renji yomo as volleyball player with hinami as manager karasuno, wow ?!!!!
Sep 22, 2019 8:04 AM

Feb 2018
I am surprised about the fact that there is changes on character design despite it is still designed but same person and also still on same production studio, some people said new character design are closer to the manga than three previous season.

Also Yuuki Hayashi will be busy as composer this late year and also early next year with Haikyuu S4, MHA S4 and also MHA movie, his music on Run with The Wind is also great.
Sep 22, 2019 11:34 AM

Oct 2018
The art style looks so good, oh boy seeing those two girls and Suguru in animated version is a blessing
Sep 22, 2019 11:37 AM

Feb 2011
Haikyuu!! fandom lvl 9000+! I'm pretty sure, that this anime will be the Top 10 anime all-time here, it will deserve it!
Sep 22, 2019 12:30 PM

Sep 2013
Not sure how I feel about the original director not being on board. After all, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Sep 22, 2019 9:39 PM

Feb 2018
Retolee said:
Not sure how I feel about the original director not being on board. After all, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Mythologically said:
Everything looks great, but the director choice kinda worries me. The only full show the guy has directed before is a Doga Kobo CGDCT. Feels a bit strange to have him direct a season of such a popular franchise with his lack of directing experience.

at least he was already on Haikyuu!! staff team since season 1 although as storyboarder and episode director, he isn't unknown person who didn't have experience on Haikyuu!! production.
Sep 26, 2019 5:05 PM

Oct 2018
Masako Sato is no run of the mill director by any means. She is a super talented director and animator hailing from studio Ghibli. Back then, she closely worked together with the late Isao Takahata, who only worked with the best of the best. That alone should tell you that this season is in good hands. Her Ballroom episodes were also really well directed.

The change in character designs is due to the new chief animation director.
Sep 29, 2019 5:09 AM

Jul 2012
the character design changes are doing it for me, especially with kuroo
he always looked off in his anime character design as compared to his design in the manga
and MIYANO MAMORU??!
Nov 11, 2019 4:57 AM

Nov 2007

CM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ_zbB3tV8Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU3rYuRJnEU

tsubasaloverDec 13, 2019 7:57 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

55 by Memore »»
3 minutes ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
48 minutes ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 4 hours ago

1 by deg »»
2 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
11 hours ago

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
12 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.