Forum Settings
Forums

Manga with Weak Main character who doesn't get instantly overpowered?

New
Sep 22, 2019 4:26 AM
Feb 2016
Most Main character start either Over powered or get in 3-5 chapters from weak to overpowered. Can you recommend any manga/novel with a main character being weak and stays weak for a while?

Bonus if Main character struggles and gets picked on. A good example would be Danmachi, since Bell needs a huge time to actually level up, is still nowhere near max level, and still gets picked up on as level 2 against a level 3 (good pacing).
Sep 22, 2019 8:48 PM

Jun 2014
Mx0
Sinichi strongest disciple
Sep 23, 2019 8:55 AM
Feb 2016
Aidyr said:
I can think of several manga with weak/vulnerable main characters but... judging by the question itself, I'm assuming they aren't the kind of manga you're looking for.

So... clarifying question... is any manga fine? Or are you looking for like fantasy/sci-fi/action/isekai/etc sorta stories with a weak MC? Cause I don't read a lot of that sorta manga.

Genre does not matter to me, as long it does not end up like "Please Don't Bully Me, Nagatoro", where the character has no backbone for the entire series. Any recommendations you make are welcome (except for Yaoi).
Sep 23, 2019 9:44 AM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
Thread moved from Manga Discussion
Sep 25, 2019 6:56 AM

Dec 2012
Ookuki Furikabutte is a sports manga but it's not shounen so it doesn't involve that kind of 'power ups' - in fact, its protagonist is almost painfully weak in certain ways that is very slowly but surely developed over time.
Anime List

↳ click profile for recommendations

✨☆✨

More topics from this board

» Similar animes to Tengoku Daimakyou ( 1 2 )

Salvaged - Apr 21

69 by WatchTillTandava »»
14 minutes ago

» Anime that have all female guilds/clubs/groups/living places, etc

GakutoDeathGlare - 1 hour ago

0 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
1 hour ago

» 150 Chapters Manhwa/Manhua

Nizalich - Apr 21

2 by ST63LTH »»
2 hours ago

» New(ish) Manga Reader in Need of Recommendations!

Wakarimas-en - 11 hours ago

3 by Toha »»
4 hours ago

» Planning to watch Sousou no Frieren

WitchDoc - Apr 18

10 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.