Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 22, 2019 1:11 AM

Jul 2007
xKeegaa said:
I get why people say this is the worst episode & shit pacing. I don't disagree with that but it's gonna be like that for a while since this arc hasn't finished yet and this is pretty much going to be the same thing with Dressrosa when that arc lasted like 2 years.

Not even close to that. Dressrosa entire arc was dragged out, there was alot of new character introductions and individual stories that spanned nearly the entire arc before some of the climax battles finally elevated the story. Where as wano is much much smaller. Think about half of WCI is all it will take to establish most characters and world setting, before the story reaches a new phase.

Though i will say this was by far the worst episode of the wano arc, although it was also the worst chapter in the manga. It was the one solitary moment where fans actually though it held no relevance to the plot and instead was used as some sort of like side dish instead. Oda just wanted to put some wrestling stuff in the wano arc, he could have incorporated a little bit better imo though. In any case, things are about to heat up very soon so just be patient.
ArtimesGamerSep 22, 2019 1:17 AM

Sep 22, 2019 1:17 AM

Dec 2011
This episode was so slow pace but it is understanding as the manga is not very far away and that we only get 3 chapters a month.Well Bepo cuteness save that episode for me lol
Sep 22, 2019 1:19 AM

Jul 2007
The studio needs to take breaks after every act intermission and focus on the grand fleet side stories in my opinion. There has been so much of those that have not even been animated yet. A perfect way to keep the anime further apart from the manga.

Sep 22, 2019 3:43 AM

Jan 2016
Yea not a great episode............

Let's just hope that they can nail that ONE scene next week

Mei-o_Scarlett said:
b-b-b-but its wano so its a good arc XDXD
dressrosa cant even compare to this its just a bad ep, we'll totally now get 10/10 quality forever cauise wano is goat

Are you that desperate for attention?
Sep 22, 2019 5:02 AM

Feb 2013
Well, I liked it.
Fight was ok.
Sep 22, 2019 5:06 AM

Sep 2017
Seeing Law with the new artstyle makes me geniunely happy

Anyways, it's still pretty good but the pacing was somehow even worse than usual, I can see clearly the difference with the One Pace version
Sep 22, 2019 5:32 AM

Jul 2016
Ulquiorra said:
Well, I liked it.
Fight was ok.

Was it?

1 minite of them making noises trying to fall off the stage and then repeated animations over and over again.

Was pretty lacklustre.
Sep 22, 2019 5:33 AM

Jul 2016
link9us said:
The studio needs to take breaks after every act intermission and focus on the grand fleet side stories in my opinion. There has been so much of those that have not even been animated yet. A perfect way to keep the anime further apart from the manga.

Or go back and do some of the original cover stories.

I would love to see the Gedatsu becomes the boss of the blue ocean cover story done as 2-3 episodes.
Sep 22, 2019 6:03 AM

Nov 2016
kevin_video said:
FMmatron said:

But at least it felt like something was happening, here we mainly just got a dragged out Sumo fight where the "5th Yonkou" was nerfed.

I was told about a site called One Pace. I might look into it. Apparently, much like another site did with the entire Naruto series, they're editing One Piece to be more DB Kai-like and get rid of all the filler and padding. I can't help but wonder how many episodes will be cut out completely or reduced to 5 minutes.

I know that one and I will definitely make use of it for my rewatch, but only during the later arcs.

Vindicater said:
link9us said:

I would love to see the Gedatsu becomes the boss of the blue ocean cover story done as 2-3 episodes.

+1

Staff for other series are also creative with the anime original stuff and this is the adaptation of the best selling manga of all time, yet we get this xD it was a lot better in the past with addditonal Davy Back Fight games or some slice of life episodes.

Mei-o_Scarlett said:
pfft then the casuals would be the ones complaining cause they dont get how anime works

You really like to rub salt into the wound :D

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 22, 2019 6:13 AM

Oct 2015
FMmatron said:
kevin_video said:

I was told about a site called One Pace. I might look into it. Apparently, much like another site did with the entire Naruto series, they're editing One Piece to be more DB Kai-like and get rid of all the filler and padding. I can't help but wonder how many episodes will be cut out completely or reduced to 5 minutes.

I know that one and I will definitely make use of it for my rewatch, but only during the later arcs.

Vindicater said:

+1

Staff for other series are also creative with the anime original stuff and this is the adaptation of the best selling manga of all time, yet we get this xD it was a lot better in the past with addditonal Davy Back Fight games or some slice of life episodes.

Mei-o_Scarlett said:
pfft then the casuals would be the ones complaining cause they dont get how anime works

i am a salt dispener, my whole life is salt
unlimited salt works
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Sep 22, 2019 6:23 AM

Apr 2013
As expected they wasted a whole episode on that stupid sumo fight, the yokozuna fallling exactly on the house where Tama is was so dumb... Pacing is back to absolute shit levels again, who would've thought -_-
Sep 22, 2019 6:45 AM

May 2019
Compared to the hype it initially created, Wano has been super disappointing so far. Judging from the preview, the next episode probably won't be any better. It's sad because the manga has been absolutely great.

I'd rather see occasional anime breaks or some fillers here and there like in Arabasta instead of this shitty pacing. Wano is a strong candidate for being the arc with the worst pacing. Dressrosa might be dethroned. I mean, it has almost been 3 months since the arc started but nothing happened so far!

If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Sep 22, 2019 7:31 AM

Dec 2013
The sumo match was dragged out even more than I expected...
Sep 22, 2019 8:29 AM

Mar 2016
Can't remember when was the las time I've seen episodes stretched like a rubber band... Was it Thriller Bark? Gyojin island?
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Sep 22, 2019 8:53 AM
Jun 2015
I mean we all knew Luffy was going to win this one. The amount of time they spent milking this episode...
Sep 22, 2019 9:17 AM

Nov 2016
Mei-o_Scarlett said:
FMmatron said:

+1

i am a salt dispener, my whole life is salt
unlimited salt works

Feels very bad man :(

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 22, 2019 11:00 AM

Jul 2008
The pacing has been the same for years now...would you rather it completely caught up to the manga? Then what?
Sep 22, 2019 12:32 PM

May 2016
I should try to wait few weeks and watch them in a batch that way we probably enjoy it a lot more and just skip the repeated parts.
Sep 22, 2019 12:37 PM

Nov 2016
WolfWood37 said:
The pacing has been the same for years now...would you rather it completely caught up to the manga? Then what?

Having a break would be preferable in fact xD

Sep 22, 2019 1:15 PM

Jul 2008
FMmatron said:
WolfWood37 said:

Schedule has been the same for 20 years now, I don't think it's changing.
Sep 22, 2019 1:37 PM

Nov 2016
WolfWood37 said:
FMmatron said:

Schedule has been the same for 20 years now, I don't think it's changing.

Whether it will change or not, it would still be the better way to go in regards of quality.

Sep 22, 2019 2:04 PM
Apr 2016
Well, that was very dragged out and boring. Luffy played around with him, he could've taken him out instantly if he wanted to.
Sep 22, 2019 4:54 PM

Jul 2013
I agree this episode was pretty dragged and nothing really happened. We all know what would have happened if Luffy got a little bit serious against Yokozuna. But it's Luffy, all he wants is to have fun.

At least Yokozunas flight right into Holdems face was funny to see + now Luffy and Zoro definitely have the attention of everyone.

Besides from that there's nothing more to say.

Sep 23, 2019 2:57 AM

Oct 2009
šŸ™„šŸ™„šŸ™„šŸ™„
Sep 23, 2019 10:55 AM
Jul 2018
FMmatron said:
kevin_video said:

I don't know. Last week was pretty bad. You literally didn't even need to watch it because all the main points were covered in this one's opening summary. Today's wasn't great either, especially with all the padding. If next week's episode does a summary that nullifies the existence of this episode, then it will definitely be up there for worst of the arc.

But at least it felt like something was happening, here we mainly just got a dragged out Sumo fight where the "5th Yonkou" was nerfed.

The present Toei is a worse company they drag some unnecessary fights
and make Luffy look weak that's a big disgrace to the Toei company

Remember
Luffy vs Caesar ? they made the final fight took forever for Luffy to beat him in Manga Caesar was taken out instantly by Luffy's Grizzly Magnum
removed-userSep 23, 2019 11:00 AM
Sep 24, 2019 3:45 PM

Sep 2018
kevin_video said:
FMmatron said:

It basically reduces the watchtime by around 55%.I started with normal OP till the fishman island arc and switched right after since the pacing got too much for me. Enjoyed it a lot more after that but now that I've caught up you have no choice since you need to wait like a few weeks after it was aired initially for the newer eps. Works if you're patient though.
Sep 24, 2019 3:58 PM

Jan 2008
Syreid said:
It basically reduces the watchtime by around 55%.I started with normal OP till the fishman island arc and switched right after since the pacing got too much for me. Enjoyed it a lot more after that but now that I've caught up you have no choice since you need to wait like a few weeks after it was aired initially for the newer eps. Works if you're patient though.

I believe it. After finding a site with all the episodes listed by standard, filler, and padded, I was shocked by how many episodes weren't actually an episode. I've skipped something like 200 episodes now, and I don't plan on going back to seeing them. I might just have to wait a few weeks as well. Thankfully I'm all caught up on the manga anyhow, so I'm not actually missing anything. I just wanted to see certain scenes animated.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Sep 25, 2019 1:47 AM

Mar 2011
The pacing is an unfortunate necessary I have grown to accept, but is there really any excuse for the lazy reuse of animation? They could drag out the fight and make it look good..
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Sep 28, 2019 4:14 PM

May 2014
FMmatron said:
Hands down, worst episode of Wano so far! Contentwise weak and milked as fuck. Wasn't even able to finish it without fasting forward.

At least Luffy kicking sumo asshole was satisfying
Oct 20, 2019 4:36 PM

Jul 2013
What a dragged fight that was especially when they were struggling not to fall, that was just fucking ridiculous. And how many times did that fat bastard yelled "I am the great Yokozuna" damn.
Oct 27, 2019 8:13 PM

Feb 2015
Luffy started a battle against Urashima, he won using a giant palm with gear third and sending him flying over the house where Holdem was. Law was about to go and check Luffy’s group, Bepo is sick.

The only good thing was that giant smash Urashima received, everything else is irrelevant.
Jan 28, 2020 2:55 PM
Jul 2018
20 seconds flapping their arms wildly, to avoid being thrown out of the ring. 5 mins of Luffy dodging the same slap strikes, and all the 'attat-aatttaa-atttaaa', while it made me chuckle, was totally ridiculous. I can see why people complain about pacing issues. I don't mind a little dragged episode since, apparently, the anime is way too close to the current manga. But this kind of pacing is both amusing and way less than satisfactory.

Nonetheless, apparently Tama's scenes were occurring while Luffy and his companions were dealing with all the sumo stuff. I thought she was past being tortured at this point. It is just the anime time and extremely slow pacing made it seem as such. At least she is mostly unharmed.

The highlight of this episode was, without a doubt, Law's weakness to cuteness. Bepo nominated for best talking cute bear ever.
Jan 28, 2020 4:19 PM

Mar 2010
I enjoyed it. Twas kinda hard to see tama get her cheek pulled though almost had to get my army out and invade that place.. Though Glad thanks to the gods it was stopped by luffy thrusting the fat man into the building.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 19, 2020 3:40 PM
May 2020
Dragging out a sumo fight (which is weird that Luffy knows so much about) makes Luffy's plan to force the town's boss to show his face makes him more of a jerk who is wasting time as Otama suffers.
Aug 2, 2020 5:25 PM
Dec 2014
Such a terrible episode the fight was the worst fight in One Piece
Aug 29, 2020 2:07 PM

Jun 2016
I can't say the fight was actually what I had hoped for, and I somewhat hope there's a cooler sumo character somewhere in Wano, but the end was cool. Luffy shouting that he's going to be the king was hilarious, and the way Zoro stood up beside him and admitted to killing the magistrate was just spicy. Bring us your boss!!!!

So, wait, I'm only just now realizing, Zoro actually killed him? 100%? Maybe I'm forgetting, but I feel like typically we wouldn't explicitly mention that one of the Straw Hats killed somebody.
Jan 23, 2021 7:58 AM

Mar 2016
A somewhat a comedic sumo fight. Ofc the Sumo fight was dragged, ofc it's pretty mediocre and ofc it ended in a somewhat decent ending with Urashima being cannonballed on to the next shipment for Holdem's mailbox. Did I enjoy it? Pretty much.

I knew Luffy will bring up how he'll be the Pirate King once Urashima kept saying that he's the Yokozuna, but damn the fact that he spoke it in such manner is perfect! YoooOOOOooOo

Whenever someone brought up about Zoro being the magistrate killer, I always got the image of Zoro slicing up the magistrate and his building all over again in true 'no u' fashion. And now seeing Zoro just sitting down before Luffy as a way of showing their relationship and highlighting the fact that Luffy is Zoro; the killer's leader. Oh man, that is awesome! Okiku following along and taking a readied stance only made it better. Aight, now these 3 runs the gig here, bring your weirdo boss over here so they can clap his lion's ass.
Aug 31, 2021 3:16 AM

Jun 2019
Bepo was too cute for Law. LOL
Sep 7, 2021 5:29 AM

Aug 2021
Law really thinks he's gonna stay low? XD
Sep 11, 2021 9:26 PM

Sep 2015
Wow, it was so brutal seeing Tamas cheek getting pulled !

But the fight was very hilarious xD, Urashima finally gets a taste of his won medicine !

Best part was Urashima was sent flying to the guy that was torturing Tama!! LEAVE TAMA ALONE!!!
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Apr 1, 2022 5:46 AM

May 2016
While the first half of the episode was just Luffy and Urashima making weird noises, the second half was very amusing. Nonetheless, I really hope that there wouldn't be any more moments where it's obvious as hell that they're padding for time.

I ended up wincing in pain at seeing how rough Otama's cheek was pulled. At least Luffy somehow ended up alleviating her pain by having the disgraced yokozuna crash through Holdem's hideout.

Aug 21, 2022 6:27 PM

Dec 2018
>wannabe sumo wrestler
>record: undefeated against usopp
AHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Sep 27, 2022 11:09 AM

Feb 2021
One of the funniest episodes unintentionally, the way Toei stretched it more than Luffy's fruit was hilarious, especially the part where Luffy and the sumo guy were waddling backwards and almost falling for like a minute
Jan 26, 2023 3:50 PM
Jul 2021
whoever made this epsiode I wish death 'pon you
Sep 27, 2023 11:51 PM

Oct 2019
Oda missed a great chance to make Luffy fat just to have this battle and make it funny.
Jan 14, 11:03 PM
Jan 2020
Luffy and sumo wrestling is great šŸ˜Œ
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1101 Discussion ( 1 2 )

phantom346 - Apr 14

53 by AlexoYuki »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 242 Discussion

Kaito__Kid - Dec 2, 2009

39 by IvanTheWalker »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 397 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HydraA - Apr 19, 2009

91 by gannoncannon55 »»
Today, 12:36 AM

Poll: » One Piece Episode 396 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Somebody - Apr 12, 2009

195 by gannoncannon55 »»
Today, 12:15 AM

Poll: » One Piece Episode 395 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Somebody - Apr 5, 2009

76 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 11:56 PM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.