Forum Settings
Forums

What was the first Anime you watched(not counting the Animes you watched on TV as a child, etc)

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Post New Reply
Sep 23, 10:49 PM

Chobits, i don't know why exactly i started with that but it was really cute so yeah

Sep 23, 10:56 PM
Yamada Kun and the Seven Witches. Loved every bit of that show and after it ended, I started to look for more anime to watch. Now i watch anime on a regular basis.

Sep 23, 11:23 PM
Dragon Ball Super. I watched only that for a year and then decided to watch more, My Hero Academia is my second. Until today, I have watched a lot of anime.

Sep 23, 11:31 PM
Blue Exorcist (Ao no Exorcist), though I stopped halfway through. The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. (Saiki Kusuo no Sai-nan) was the first one I finished. :)

I did watch Spirited Away in third grade, though I didn't know it was an anime and didn't remember anything except the poor girl who ended up in a random world and a giant baby... so I rewatched that. (that doesn't count right?)

After that: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei, Nanatsu no Taizai. Then I found out Howl's Moving Castle was also an anime... so I decided to rewatch that too.

Sep 23, 11:37 PM

Fairy Tail actually,this is what brought me in the anime and Manga world.

Sep 24, 12:07 AM

think the first anime I watched were either SAO or B-Gata H-Kei

Sep 24, 12:16 AM

Death note was my first anime 😬 👌👌 ( excluding anime that i watched in childhood on tv )

Sep 24, 12:32 AM
High school DXD is the first anime I watched and got me addicted to anime.

Sep 24, 1:02 AM

"not counting the Animes you watched on TV as a child, etc"
But why?
- Your adult tastes highly depend on what you watched as kid.
Or the OP considers kodomo somehow inferior?
- What is wrong with "on TV"?
Is watching TV inferior instead of only inconvenient?
- What "etc" even means?

Sep 24, 1:22 AM
It was back when I just started high school 9-10 years ago. I kept seeing things about in FB and decided to watch and fell in love with it; it helped me become interested in anime. Ichigo became one of my first anime crushes. Bankai!!

Sep 24, 1:40 AM

Watched stuff like naruto, dragon ball, ygo on tv when I was as a kid, but really came back to the medium when friends recommended beelzebub to me so that

Sep 24, 1:57 AM

My first was Naruto, Yu Gi Oh, Tamiya, Bakugan, Zoid etc, since that was my child hood but at local so sometimes skipped some episode then when know that anime, straight to Am*zon for get the BD

@Robinne

Muse wear Aria, Himea, and Orange Planet outfit, kinda fit and pleasant....Nice
Modified by Roroline, Sep 24, 2:28 AM

Sep 24, 2:23 AM

It was definitely Death Note, also was my first anime watched in japanese...
"Anyone can love a thing because. That's as easy as putting a penny in your pocket.
But to love something despite. To know the flaws and love them too. That is rare and pure and perfect.”

― Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear

Sep 24, 2:34 AM

1blahdeblah1 said:
Gonizuka said:
Attack on Titan three monts ago. I was blown away

Ey, exactly the same right down to the day.

:) lucky us
I'm not sure i'd be hooked if something else was my first anime. I've seen better after that but nothing else has drawn my attention that fast

Sep 24, 2:47 AM
Code: Kura

Pokemon, Dragonball {Basic shows} Sailor moon. Evangelion, Naruto.
These are the first shows i watched. {All as a child btw}

Sep 24, 6:48 AM
I think Attack on Titan was the first one who got me hooked into anime. Then Sword Art Online until I realized that it's harem.

Sep 24, 8:00 AM

I think it was either FLCL or Spirited Away. Back in 2012, I got into Avatar: The Last Airbender, and after each episode, I used to go and read the episode reviews the discussions in the comments section under them on AV Club (back when it wasn't an SJW shithole). There they used to mention how the character designs and the animation style were inspired by FLCL (Aang looks almost exactly like Naota). The creators of A:TLA even made their team sit down and watch the series. And that the whole spirit world stuff, especially the designs of the spirits, were inspired by Spirited Away (Korra had even more of it). So that's what made me curious about the medium and pick up my first anime.
Modified by FloodBasalt, Sep 24, 8:04 AM

Sep 24, 11:12 AM
The first anime I watched when I started actively seeking it out? I definitely remember the site I was using, which narrows it down to just a few, since I only watched like four anime on that site. Kyoukai no Kanata, Infinite Stratos, Mirai Nikki and Date A Live.

I'm like 40/60 between whether I started with Date A Live or Infinite Stratos. At the time I really liked IS, and hell, even now I'd say I'm able to enjoy it. Of course, if I were to try to be objective about it I wouls say it's seriously nothing special, but either way, I enjoyed the characters a lot, which is all that mattered to me, and I would still consider many of them some of my favourites. That said, the only thing that's kept me from rewatching it is Ichika... Admittedly a big thing, since he's the main character.

Date A Live I also really enjoyed. The premise, the characters, the story, the ups and downs. Again, there are many things to objectively critique, but my enjoyment of it all is all that mattered, and it remains one of my favourite anime, with some of my favourite characters.

Kyoukai no Kanata and Mirai Nikki were definitely great boosters to keep me forever trapped in the hell that is anime.

Sep 24, 11:20 AM
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni and it's still my favorite.

There is that time every year just around October/November that the air is starting to smell of Winter, and every day I walk outside and smell that same scent and get this feeling of "wow, I should rewatch Higurashi soon" and the thought makes me smile a little.

Sep 24, 12:22 PM

Hajime no Ippo and Kenichi: Mightiest Disciple. I remember my friend recommending it to me over a decade ago when I was still in 5th grade or so.

Sep 24, 6:01 PM

Samurai Champloo when I was 13/14 years old.

Sep 24, 6:14 PM

it's Ao no Exorcist. my high school's friend gave me that and I loved it

Sep 24, 6:29 PM
Pretty sure it was Attack on Titan I watched it cause I kept hearing people talk about it

Sep 24, 6:51 PM
Devil Trigger

Though I take great issue with the phrase "turned [you] into an otaku" since I personally was never that far gone, Fullmetal Alchemist with the first show I watched when I became aware of what anime was in 2006.

Sep 24, 6:53 PM
Detective Conan on youtube in English dub lol

Sep 26, 3:45 PM

The first anime I watched was the best anime I watched. I got lucky. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.

Sep 27, 4:15 AM
It was High School DxD s2. Watched with my friends at school, I always remember that day.

Sep 27, 5:11 AM
100% sure it was great teacher onizuka. one of my friends recommended me to watch it and up to date still one of my favorites

Sep 27, 5:15 AM

Tried watching AOT back in the day, but didn't finish it. Ended up being Shiki, that one vampire anime.

Sep 27, 5:26 AM

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
"If you think you can talk your way out of this one, by all means please do." - Near

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]