Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 21, 2019 1:05 PM

Dec 2011
Hi, I know someone who doesn't have any friends. Ive made some threads for advice before but now Im looking for straight forward answers for this.

He wants to find friends, where can he find some to keep him company?

Just to note a few things: He's not the type of guy who goes to clubs or bars, he'd prefer if he could find people to share interests with, and would also prefer to meet friends of the opposite gender (perhaps friends with benefits as well?).

-

Don't really know but please help out, he's hasn't had the best of moods lately.
Sep 21, 2019 2:59 PM

Jan 2009
like i said on your other thread that was gone now i think try getting a pet like a cute dog to walk around the streets with and you will attract other people to have small talks with and that may spark a bigger friendship later on plus if you are really clinically mentally sick (depression you have implied) then pet therapy can help especially loneliness
Sep 21, 2019 4:22 PM

Mar 2015
at school or at work
or
doing sports
or playing games but u need to look for ppl close to u else u cant be close friends if u dont konw eachother irl
Sep 21, 2019 5:09 PM

Mar 2008
Well if you have no problem going out the obvious thing is meeting people in places related to those interests.
Sep 21, 2019 5:35 PM

Sep 2019
if he's in college or school, clubs that relate to his interests. even just talking to someone in your class will get you friends, if you're not totally weird about it. you can just be like, "hey, i like [insert thing about outfit or something relevant]" and/or ask a question to facilitate conversation. people like compliments and talking about themselves or their interests.

if he's not in school, look online to see if there's anything local that pertains to his interests. conventions and organized meetups are great places to meet new people.

also, tell him he shouldn't be down on himself if an attempt fails or the person shrugs it off. stuff like that happens, but every chance not taken is an opportunity missed, and he'll get results no matter what if he keeps it up.
Sep 23, 2019 1:23 PM
Aug 2016
Why don't you befriend him? Or that ''friend'' of yours is actually you?
Sep 23, 2019 1:29 PM

Aug 2013
You meet people where you frequently visit, be it your work or just a general location that attracts others, sharing similar interests/intent.
『パイル』| Twitter
Sep 23, 2019 1:55 PM

Mar 2019
get discord or something idk

p.s
are you sure you're not talking about yourself lul?

friends with benefits is a bad concept you goofball xd are you being for real?
Sep 23, 2019 1:57 PM

Mar 2018
heg said:
like i said on your other thread that was gone now i think try getting a pet like a cute dog to walk around the streets with and you will attract other people to have small talks with and that may spark a bigger friendship later on plus if you are really clinically mentally sick (depression you have implied) then pet therapy can help especially loneliness
It seems to me that you'll be posting this exact same thing few more times. It is just a matter of time before op drops this thread and makes the same one again.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Sep 23, 2019 2:06 PM

Jan 2009
Luchse said:
heg said:
It seems to me that you'll be posting this exact same thing few more times. It is just a matter of time before op drops this thread and makes the same one again.

yep i now remember OP is like that in the past too here on CD forum section, he always post that he needs a (girl)friend
Sep 23, 2019 2:57 PM
Oct 2018
Hmm, the way I have found my friends is, seriously, by talking to random strangers on the places I love to hang out. No, seriously, I personally don't go to clubs nor bars. I love to hang out at libraries and bookstores; I visit these places very frequently. Hence, whenever I notice the same person frequently going to similar genre sections that I also frequent to I would gather up the courage and just start talking. If we end up talking for about half hour or more, I would then gather up the courage to ask them for their phone number to plan future bookstore or library meetups. It's not easy, I understand, but worth it when you finally find someone that accepts to hang out with you.

Another way I found some of my friends is through the website meetup.com. This is a website where people plan activities or just places to meet up (hence the name) with other people with similar interests. Again, I love anime, manga and literature, so I was able to find a group with similar interests and gathered the courage to show up to some of these meetups. This is actually how I met my current partner <3

I personally suggest for your friend to check out meetup.com first, if your friend is comfortable with this, of course. I wish good luck to your friend :)
Sep 24, 2019 5:20 PM

Jul 2016
mmm i kind of feel like this should be common sense, but there's no specific place that you can make friends in/at. because you can
make friends literally anywhere. you just have to be a little open, and also accommodating enough that the reciprocating party can appeal
to you and you should be able to strike up some semblance of a meaningful conversation that could potentially lead to a good friendship.

maybe try to frequent places that you consider close to your own interests and start from there. if you happen to meet someone who
catches your eye then try to be friendly and sincere and hopefully they'll be able to do the same as well. good luck op !!

grouper - no other

0:00 ●━━━━━━─────── 3:46

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ◁ㅤㅤ❚❚ㅤㅤ▷ㅤㅤㅤㅤ↻

⁞⁞⁞ purple cause baal is my wife  ⁞⁞⁞
Sep 24, 2019 7:01 PM

Sep 2019
It's not a matter of where, it's a matter of how and it starts with not talking about yourself in third person.

I am a god

Even though I'm a man of god

My whole life in the hand of god

So y'all better quit playing with god

Sep 25, 2019 6:50 AM

Jan 2018
Ask him to watch grave of fireflies if he haven't. I think volunteering activity, going to gym or participating in any gathering like symposium, conference etc. But hey real life people likes to talk about real life stuff so anime cannot mix well unfortunately, at least around where I'm from.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you live with regrets?

Lightskynight - 5 hours ago

9 by Adverrito »»
16 minutes ago

» Are you e-famous? Are you an Internet celebrity?

DesuMaiden - 7 hours ago

16 by Rinrinka »»
25 minutes ago

» Is English your native language? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

52 by Oshieteoshiete4 »»
38 minutes ago

» What do you think about law enforcement (police) in your country?

Sad - Apr 16

24 by bevarnow »»
53 minutes ago

» I'm currently on a keto diet.

scarydragon - 6 hours ago

8 by Zettaiken »»
54 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.