Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Jan 14, 1:39 PM

LeLouch_Reborn said:
Can't wait for this season to drop. Im assuming this will be the finale as well.

I'm pretty sure there was projected to be three seasons - two full-length (the first and this second one) and another half-length.

Jan 15, 4:41 AM
WatchTillTandava said:
LeLouch_Reborn said:
Can't wait for this season to drop. Im assuming this will be the finale as well.

I'm pretty sure there was projected to be three seasons - two full-length (the first and this second one) and another half-length.

Sorry, but that was just a guess made by me over on Tumblr (it was based off of what Yuki's English VA said, about there being 63 episodes in total, so I made the guess that the split up of episodes and seasons might be 25 - 25 - 13). Yuki's English VA later retracted his statement over on Twitter. I still think that three full seasons of 25 episodes (so 75 episodes in total) could comfortably fit the whole series and is probably the most realistic expectation that we could have on an episode count though. But, yeah, nothing is fully official yet.

Jan 15, 1:57 PM

LilyGinnyBlack1 said:
WatchTillTandava said:

Sorry, but that was just a guess made by me over on Tumblr (it was based off of what Yuki's English VA said, about there being 63 episodes in total, so I made the guess that the split up of episodes and seasons might be 25 - 25 - 13). Yuki's English VA later retracted his statement over on Twitter. I still think that three full seasons of 25 episodes (so 75 episodes in total) could comfortably fit the whole series and is probably the most realistic expectation that we could have on an episode count though. But, yeah, nothing is fully official yet.

Okay, yeah I didn't exactly know where I heard it from but just that I had read it on here and it seemed plausible enough. That's interesting that you were the original source. Obviously I would prefer if it were something like 75 episodes if anything, as I'll always gladly choose more episodes over less of a show I like. But since this is my first experience in the Fruits Basket-verse having not watched the original 2001 show or read the manga, it's difficult to get a sense of the length and scale of what the story is supposed to encompass.

Jan 15, 4:36 PM
WatchTillTandava said:
LilyGinnyBlack1 said:

Okay, yeah I didn't exactly know where I heard it from but just that I had read it on here and it seemed plausible enough. That's interesting that you were the original source. Obviously I would prefer if it were something like 75 episodes if anything, as I'll always gladly choose more episodes over less of a show I like. But since this is my first experience in the Fruits Basket-verse having not watched the original 2001 show or read the manga, it's difficult to get a sense of the length and scale of what the story is supposed to encompass.

No problem! :) To give you some scale, the manga is 23 volumes and 136 chapters long. This first season covered all of Volumes 1-5, most of Volumes 6-7, two or so chapters in Volume 8, and a (very long) chapter in Volume 9, chapter-wise the first season covered about roughly 43 chapters. So we are about 1/3 of the way through the manga content.

So getting three seasons of 25 episodes each, with the manga being adapted at a mostly two chapters per episode pace, would work out pretty nicely. They could slow down the adaptation a bit and make the series total count be a bit longer, but I just can't see the industry doing that with a shoujo series anymore. Maybe back in the day, but not now. It'll be interesting to see how they ultimately end up adapting it all.

Jan 17, 1:04 AM

I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

Jan 17, 1:06 AM

Yup, word from the official twitter source too.

https://twitter.com/fruba_PR/status/1218095615168647168

Spring, here we go!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Pages (2) « 1 [2]