Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 21, 2019 4:06 AM
Dec 2018
This was by far the best season of the toaru series yet it seems like a lot of prople did not like it
Accelerator is by far the best character of the series and his fight scenes are very well done
I am curious to see why some of you did not like this season. My only issue with it were tge moments they did not show accelerator for long periods of time
Sep 21, 2019 10:19 AM

Mar 2018
Is it possible to watch this without seeing the main anime first?

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Sep 21, 2019 10:20 AM

Jun 2019
I actually love it and I have no issue with it. It's the best toaru series for me.
Sep 21, 2019 11:53 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Yeah no I think it's been pretty disappointing. Accelerator is a great character and all but the actual plot and not to mention the villains of this season have been really bland

I mean compared to the disaster that was Index III it's obviously better but it's definitely not as good as Railgun still
Sep 21, 2019 1:03 PM

May 2018
It's better then the index series (mostly but not all of it), but it's not even close to railgun.
Sep 22, 2019 1:04 AM

Nov 2018
Luchse said:

You can watch this first if you want to but you really need to watch Index to understand more.
Sep 22, 2019 3:08 AM

Sep 2014
Luchse said:
It is, but it doesnt make much sense. Its not the best installment and you really want to see the sisters arc before this.

After Index 3 it certainly feels great, but its not even close to Railgun.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Sep 22, 2019 6:55 AM

Mar 2018
Light_Chaos said:
Luchse said:

You can watch this first if you want to but you really need to watch Index to understand more.
Lel0uchZer0 said:
Luchse said:

I'd suggest you watch index season 1 before but i think you can have fun watching anyways
Comander-07 said:
Luchse said:
It is, but it doesnt make much sense. Its not the best installment and you really want to see the sisters arc before this.

Was planing on watching Accelerator but I'm not in a mood to go through 3 seasons of index lol

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Sep 22, 2019 9:01 AM

Dec 2008
I love Accelerator, but I think this anime is not interesting.
Sep 22, 2019 11:16 AM

Aug 2018
It is not so much, even the invented arcs of Railgun are a bit more interesting.
It is noted that Kamachi took the story for this series as an experiment because it reminds me of many things that happen in New Testament.

I definitely prefer Accelerator as co-starring in Index / NT, it's the only place where Kamachi can give you better stories and development. Also, this spin-off is barely important for the main story, at most it introduces characters for an improbable Railgun 4.
Sep 23, 2019 3:00 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
No doubt that Accelerator is a great character but sadly pretty much everything else (except for the Op/ED/OST and Last Order which are great) is fairly average-to-decent.

Of course, even that is enough to oust out Index II & III but that’s about it imo.

As things stand, Railgun is still my favourite of the lot and that too by a long shot.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 23, 2019 5:05 AM
Feb 2017
I’ve given up on the Toaru franchise. After Index III, I don’t really want to watch it anymore and my care for it is out the window.
Sep 23, 2019 6:16 AM

Jul 2016
You can't really blame the anime being underrated when the adaptation of main series (Especially Index III) are awful to begin with.

The ironic thing is the Accelerator manga is actually several time much worse than the anime in term of storytelling lol.
MahiaErebeaNegiSep 23, 2019 6:20 AM
Oct 13, 2019 4:39 AM

Sep 2014
Luchse said:
Light_Chaos said:

Lel0uchZer0 said:

I'd suggest you watch index season 1 before but i think you can have fun watching anyways
Comander-07 said:

Was planing on watching Accelerator but I'm not in a mood to go through 3 seasons of index lol
late reply but its really just 1 or 2 seasons of index.. And likely the relevant arc in railgun simply because its much better. Season 3 is after the events of the accelerator spinoff
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Oct 13, 2019 5:24 AM

Nov 2011
Sister arc in Railgun is still clearly superior, but I agree that this anime is better than the rest of Toaru anime.
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Oct 26, 2019 8:47 AM
Jul 2018
Everything that i will mention is my own opinion, so don't go on and start a fight.

As someone who has read every LN/manga of the Toaru series then here is my opinion(i won't count Dark matter manga since it only has one chapter):

Index LN=Railgun manga>Astral buddy>>>Accelerator manga

of course most of you will say:"b-b-but accelerator is better than Touma and Mikoto" yes i know that already (accelerator is actually one of my favorite too), but no one is going to point that accelerator is the only interesting character in his own series? (maybe this is only my opinion).
btw, accelerator in Index series>accelerator in his own series. you will ask "why?", here is the answer:

-character development all of Accelerator's development are in Index series. well, it was obvious since Index is the main story.

-better fights this depends on accelerator's enemies, the antagonist of accelerator's series is boring comared to the antagonists of the other toaru series, even the scavenger (the four kids who appeared in episode 5) are better. and not to forget, accelerator has better fights and enemies in Index (Touma, Kakine, Amata).

The characters aren't the only thing in a series, we have a plot. Accelerator's plot is the worst one in my opinion. Heck, even Astral buddy (the story where the MC was only a comoe character and didn't has a name till her series began) has a better plot than accelerator's plot.

But I have to admit that the anime did better than the manga. I'm happy that they didn't make the same art as the manga. the animation wasn't bad, and they added some moment that wasn't in the manga which made it better.

But TBH, i will be disappointment if they made a second season since the current arc is already worse than the first one.

now i'm gonna say it again: this is my own opinion and i'm free to express my opinion. you are free to express you're opinion too, so you can disagree with me if you want, but don't start an endless argument.

removed-userOct 26, 2019 9:46 AM
Nov 19, 2019 8:41 PM

Mar 2012
Lel0uchZer0 said:
This was by far the best season of the toaru series yet it seems like a lot of prople did not like it
Accelerator is by far the best character of the series and his fight scenes are very well done
I am curious to see why some of you did not like this season. My only issue with it were tge moments they did not show accelerator for long periods of time

It was not “by far” the best in the To Aru series. Railgun S was by far and away the best (primarily the Sisters arc). However, outside of Railgun S, I can’t think of a season I’d put ahead of it.
Nov 19, 2019 8:45 PM

Mar 2012
BlakexEkalb said:
I’ve given up on the Toaru franchise. After Index III, I don’t really want to watch it anymore and my care for it is out the window.

I actually had the opposite reaction. Index III was so awful that I needed a pallet cleanser. I also needed to know if Index III was just a fluke or if I should expect mediocrity in everything in the To Aru franchise. Fortunately, I’d say Accelerator did enough to restore some of my faith in the franchise. Not completely, but it did enough to get me interested in watching Railgun T. It certainly helps that the Railgun side story is SO much more enjoyable than Index.
Nov 26, 2019 8:56 PM
Jun 2017
BlakexEkalb said:

until you watch railgun lol
Fire Emblem anime when
Nov 27, 2019 9:14 AM
Feb 2017
DivineLion said:
BlakexEkalb said:

until you watch railgun lol

Railgun is alright. I’ll still watch season 3 of it though.
Dec 6, 2019 7:45 AM
May 2015
For me it's

Railgun SS
Railgun
Index II
Accelerator
Index I
Index III (Best parts are Accelerator though)
Dec 30, 2019 2:47 PM
Feb 2019
Last order is possible the most annoying anime character ive ever seen. I didnt finish the show, but it seemed half assed and i honestly couldnt get past that little clone and her needlessly drawn out dialogue
Jan 5, 2020 4:32 PM
Nov 2008
I love Acel and Last Order, absolutely loved the first episodes.

But for some reason the character who is supposed to be the main character is hardly in his own series. He is basically a supporting character to the necromancer
Jan 17, 2020 3:12 PM

Apr 2012
Hercule said:
I love Acel and Last Order, absolutely loved the first episodes.

But for some reason the character who is supposed to be the main character is hardly in his own series. He is basically a supporting character to the necromancer
It's kinda hard to write a story about a character who doesn't give a f_ck. The best they could write about is things happening around him and he has "somewhat" no choice but to react and help.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Feb 7, 2020 6:12 PM
Jan 2017
I Loved it! I love seeing Accelerator in about anything and was estatic when he got his own anime. and it is a first for me to follow this show since its announcement of its release.
the episode where Accelerator was not shown much was accurate to a volume of the manga so I kind of suspected it would happen.
My favorite show. by far better than railgun. (railgun s was ok because of Accelerator) (not too fond of everyone's popular waifu)
Feb 13, 2020 5:11 PM
Jul 2016
I just read the manga after watching this anime and I was surprised that the manga was a bit boring from the anime. usually what happens is the opposite. I think the lack of a 'right' enemy for accel is the main problem. We know that Accel is an OP character, so popping a geeky character into his enemy will only irritate the reader. Plus the first arc carries about magic, I expect science conspiracy more than this.
Jan 8, 2021 9:25 AM
Jul 2018
I just found the plot and the new characters to be pretty boring. You'd think a show about Accelerator would be... about Accelerator.
Jan 20, 2021 7:28 AM

Jun 2009
So far I'm halfway through this one and while I like it so far I do agree there needs to be more Accelerator in his own spin-off. He's my favorite character next to Mikoto, too..... >_>

You have been blessed by sparkly bishie Cherry Blossom <3 You're welcome ^^

Feb 19, 2021 12:49 AM
Sep 2020
I agree very underrated

Thanks to JC staff for a horrible S3 of index ,ruining this reputation as well
Feb 22, 2021 11:07 PM
Sep 2020
Misunderstood sequel!!

Really underrated only 7.18 how??

The mysterious stuff about the 4 god or devils were a foreshadowing of the first few episodes a build up ,only proper people will realise it,maybe the ending is a bit of a asspull ,but the science used here is pretty accurate

9/10 from me

Animation:8.5/10
Music:9/10 banger
Story:9.5/10 very well done
Feb 22, 2021 11:11 PM
Jul 2018
This is easily the worst Toaru series. Accelerator is too heroic for the time this takes in. He doesnt become properly good until WW3 and this takes place a couple months before that. New characters were bland and boring. Overall plot is boring and Its just Accelerator stomping people. Accelerator interacting so early with magic creates a minor inconsistency in the overall Toaru timeline considering he doesnt until WW3.
Mar 4, 2021 5:34 AM
Jan 2021
GilgaGOAT said:

Im a toaru fans i just watched because this is a toaru series to lol and i enjoyed because it's a toaru series hahahbaha no just joking i enjoyed this because im a huge fan of toaru and accelerator and plssss don't say this is the best toaru franchise because this is actually the 2nd worse of toaru the worse was index s3 because the adaptation is insanely bad if were talking about the best toaru series railgun T would do...

For me the accelerator franchise is 7 out 10 the story was 6 out of 10 i purely gave this 7 out of 10 is because its a toaru series hahahahhaha
May 16, 2021 12:21 AM

Nov 2019
Sorry, this is the nadir of the Toaru franchise. Even Accelerator Idol, Dark Matter, Astral Buddy mangas are leagues better than the source material this one is adapting. It deserves praise for being slightly better than the manga though.
Better than Index I,II or Railgun anime franchise? Hell nah.
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2019

40 by Suckmypokeballs »»
Mar 2, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2019

87 by AYINLC »»
Jan 27, 7:14 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2019

51 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 2:10 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2019

39 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 2:09 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator Episode 8 Discussion

AcceleratorAngel - Aug 30, 2019

47 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 2:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.