Forum Settings
Forums

Would you rather date a child rapist or a murderer?

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 23, 2019 4:41 AM

Sep 2017
traed said:
Themousen said:

Sentence length doesn't mean anything
In a murder, the victim is dead, they doesn't suffer anymore
In case of a rape, the victim is traumatized pretty much for their entire life and will keep aftermaths, they suffer more than a murder victim in a way
That's why rape could be considered somehow worse than murder, at least in my point of view

Ironically attitudes like yours is actually part of the cause of an increase in suffering from rape because it perpetuates this idea they are eternally tainted and will always be a victim of the worst thing and then they may even hold that like an identity and it gives a message they are better off dead and helps drive them to suicide.

wow calm down I just said it's my personal opinion, I wouldn't act like that in front of a person who's being raped
Raped people needs support for what they went through, because rape can really destroy someone
I don't think you can ever get over that moment, or at least completely, but rape victims are also really courageous persons for "getting over it", if I could phrase it like this.
Being raped doesn't give you a "victim" sticker on your forehead, like an identity you said, it'd be useless and kinda stupid to think like that. You're still the same person you were before, but you suffered a major trauma and you need help and time to work on it.
However I can't say if all victims can, indeed, beat that trauma and live a normal life again. So what happens for these people ? They have to ingest a tons of pill to be stable again, in the worst cases that makes them like brainless zombies completely dependant to these medicaments ? Or a person will have to live their entire life, often entire decades, with that huge amount of pain and suffering that won't go away ? Is it really a happy life that deserves to be lived ?

Noboru said:
Themousen said:
In case of a rape, the victim is traumatized pretty much for their entire life and will keep aftermaths, they suffer more than a murder victim in a way

What other criterion than average/typical sentence length would you use to compare the severity of a type of felony, then?
Also, how do you know that a rape victim suffers more than a murder victim? Besides, what about the affected people? I believe that rape or any form of sexual abuse or just unpleasant touchings are way more relateable to most people than murder cases which explains (aside from the misguided stereotype that a child raper would exclusively feel sexual attraction to children) why the latter is even romanticized while the former for the most part just detested. But I doubt anyone would pick the murderer over the child rapist if they actually had lost a love one and had to pick between them.
That only a few people here seem to still have an intact self-preservation is what makes positions like yours more dangerous; compare what traed wrote.

Flevalt said:

Get out with that misplaced terminology. She is a frequenter of certain online places.
I'm not going to spell it out in plaintext.
Doesn't seem misplaced to me. Fair enough, then.

That's why we call that opinions. Mine doesn't have to stick with yours and vice-versa. And I don't think my opinion is wrong, neither yours by the way. They just differ, but if you don't agree with mine, don't just say that my pov is dangerous.

Also, how do you know that a rape victim suffers more than a murder victim?
Because the murder victim is dead. While the rape victim is still alive, and still suffers for what happened.

What other criterion than average/typical sentence length would you use to compare the severity of a type of felony, then?
My personal judgment. Sentence length for the same crime already differs within the countries around the world, so I wouldn't call that an absolute fact.

Bbut I agree with you on the point of the affected people. Of course, losing someone will be harsher for the victim's family and friends. But I prefer to think about the victim themselves. Aren't they the "main character" ?

Also, I want to state again that I wouldn't date a cold blooded murder either, I said it would depends of the circumstances, even if a murder is always a terrible thing.
But yeah, I maintain my point of view, I'd NEVER date a child predator, but I'd date or, maybe, fall in love with a murderer
Sep 23, 2019 6:23 AM
Jul 2018
Themousen said:
Noboru said:
Which one usually results in a higher sentence again?

Do you have a source where it's written or shown that she would have him "touch her in special places" or are you projecting more to some motherly compassion than there is?

https://www.miamiherald.com/living/helping-others/article234423102.html

btw. the site in which a certain "Philanthropist" got outed. Now imagine the sexes were swapped.

Someone else with a healthy sense of self-preservation (leaving out the boring, but more legit option of simply dating neither) ^^

That's why rape could be considered somehow worse than murder, at least in my point of view

This. Just because you didn't take someone's life, doesn't mean that you didn't "kill" them in other ways. The victim and their environment. Victims react differently. While one person could overcome it after a time, some others never will.

Murder also depends: You kill one person and their whole environment lose a beloved person.
Unless that person was an abusive asshole and most people are glad that they are gone, of course. Seriously not feeling bad for them. Some victims of a murderer made other people's life hell.
That's why I'd listen to someone, who killed another person, first.
In some other cases it was an accident. Drunk people who got in an argument and hit someone once, then they fell pretty unlucky etc.
If they changed and feel sorry, I'd try with the rule to refrain from alcohol for example.

MAYOII said:
if I have to pick one I'll pick murderer
pedos don't deserve to be aligned with human

Sex offenders maybe not, but there are even programs for pedophiles, who don't want to become an offender and they undergo them on their own by free will. Their life surely isn't easy and I have a lot of respect of these people, tbh.
removed-userSep 23, 2019 6:33 AM
Sep 23, 2019 6:55 AM

Aug 2014
Thread locked for breaking CD rule 7.

Please refrain from making threads on controversial topics that will lead to rule violations.
Thread Locked according to Rule 7 which pertains to sensitive issues. (In this case Pedophilia[cs])

Casual Discussion Rules:
7. Controversial/sensitive topics liable to incite rule violations (trolling, flaming, abuse) are no longer allowed. Please use the Current Events board for new developments in these topics, and follow the board rules there. This includes, but is not limited to, topics which:
    a. aim to profile/stereotype, or question the legitimacy of, people based on their gender, sexual orientation, race, xenophobia, religion, etc.
    b. discuss highly-debated social issues; e.g. abortion, sexual assault, immigration, etc.
    c. focus on political ideologies and events; e.g. Nazism, fascism, world leaders, controversial laws/lobbies, etc.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» do you like the fandom of your fave musical artists ??

ame - Apr 17

20 by Malkshake »»
4 minutes ago

» Planning a Spain Trip

redlockhigh - Apr 8

23 by Malkshake »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - 1 hour ago

7 by rohan121 »»
11 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - 4 hours ago

10 by Malkshake »»
11 minutes ago

» Why should we have sympathy for drug addicts? ( 1 2 )

HarryRambod22 - Feb 10, 2022

72 by KitsuFrost »»
16 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.