Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Araburu Kisetsu no Otome-domo yo. Episode 12 Discussion

Oct 3, 12:04 PM

@RobertBobert
Not really, your speculative hypothesis has flaws in it, like i said, there is already plenty of indication and reason to presume that Izumi wouldn't be able to be fully seduced by Niina. Most cheating subplots don't result in illegitimate childs (and often not even real intercourse), at least not in akiba media. It looks to me like you are trying to shoehorn your taste for drama into it haha. What are you doing criticizing my reasoning for a yuri subplot for given this being the case lol.

I presented my premise with it's constituents based on a number of evidences and more than one precedent within the existing narrative, as a basis for my abductive hypothesis. I didn't even extrapolate much, it's just continuing the already dangling thread. Your hypothesis requires more extrapolation, an some subversion as well.
❀桜舞う空~                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.

Oct 3, 12:17 PM

GenesisAria said:
@RobertBobert
Not really, your speculative hypothesis has flaws in it, like i said, there is already plenty of indication and reason to presume that Izumi wouldn't be able to be fully seduced by Niina. Most cheating subplots don't result in illegitimate childs (and often not even real intercourse), at least not in akiba media. It looks to me like you are trying to shoehorn your taste for drama into it haha. What are you doing criticizing my reasoning for a yuri subplot for given this being the case lol.

I presented my premise with it's constituents based on a number of evidences and more than one precedent within the existing narrative, as a basis for my abductive hypothesis. I didn't even extrapolate much, it's just continuing the already dangling thread. Your hypothesis requires more extrapolation, an some subversion as well.

I don't understand, are you seriously trying to arrange a debate on the topic “whose speculative fantasies are more realistic”? I have absolutely no time or desire for this, especially in the context of the ever increasing use of double standards on your part.
Modified by RobertBobert, Oct 3, 12:41 PM
Level of my english is still too poor, so ask not particularly angry because of my terrible grammar.

Oct 3, 2:52 PM

RobertBobert said:
GenesisAria said:
@RobertBobert

I don't understand, are you seriously trying to arrange a debate on the topic “whose speculative fantasies are more realistic”? I have absolutely no time or desire for this, especially in the context of the ever increasing use of double standards on your part.
Hey don't start pointing fingers and blaming things... Doing that is only gonna make you seem to be the projector. You dismissed my premise out of hand as wishful yuri thinking, and provided your alternative, telling me it was more likely, and i assessed that fairly and determined it less likely for the reasons i explained. I was being unbiased and logical here, trying to be fair and reasonable. I even presented my 'thesis' followed by the reasoning and loosely referenced the evidences and so on, as should be second nature to you by now. Is providing a sound logical basis for your arguments not a staple part of your education?

You are overreaching the meaning of speculation and misidentifying it and you've completely ignored every instance of my correctly identifying abductive reasoning (though if i were to get more rigorous we'd be delving into the aspects of retroduction). You should and need to know what abductive reasoning is, at the very least. This has nothing to do with speculative fantasies, well maybe yours might be. But there is no double standards to be had; i've been very clear and consistent on my terms.

What i don't get is why you were so adamantly denying my point despite how much i substantiated my claim, and even built upon the aspects of my reasoning from other aspects that i gained from other study and how i applied it to the particular topic. If this were a dialectical discussion we'd be mutually synthesizing information to come do the most truthful conclusion, instead of pointless debates. I mean we can go over this all systematically if you really want, as when i draw conclusions, there is basically always substantial reasoning behind it and it's derivations and nuances.

I'm sorry if i'm such a big damn bother...
>.>

Oct 3, 3:15 PM

GenesisAria said:
RobertBobert said:
Hey don't start pointing fingers and blaming things... Doing that is only gonna make you seem to be the projector. You dismissed my premise out of hand as wishful yuri thinking, and provided your alternative, telling me it was more likely, and i assessed that fairly and determined it less likely for the reasons i explained. I was being unbiased and logical here, trying to be fair and reasonable. I even presented my 'thesis' followed by the reasoning and loosely referenced the evidences and so on, as should be second nature to you by now. Is providing a sound logical basis for your arguments not a staple part of your education?

You are overreaching the meaning of speculation and misidentifying it and you've completely ignored every instance of my correctly identifying abductive reasoning (though if i were to get more rigorous we'd be delving into the aspects of retroduction). You should and need to know what abductive reasoning is, at the very least. This has nothing to do with speculative fantasies, well maybe yours might be. But there is no double standards to be had; i've been very clear and consistent on my terms.

What i don't get is why you were so adamantly denying my point despite how much i substantiated my claim, and even built upon the aspects of my reasoning from other aspects that i gained from other study and how i applied it to the particular topic. If this were a dialectical discussion we'd be mutually synthesizing information to come do the most truthful conclusion, instead of pointless debates. I mean we can go over this all systematically if you really want, as when i draw conclusions, there is basically always substantial reasoning behind it and it's derivations and nuances.

I'm sorry if i'm such a big damn bother...
>.>

Stop, stop. I will ask again. You are seriously trying to make a debate about speculation, and you are trying to make it personal, starting to repeat "I'm right and all my comments are well-reasoned!" as an argument? You didn't even notice that my “hypothesis” about an illegitimate child was a parody of your speculations, even continuing to argue with it until now.

I told you at the very beginning that I am not going to discuss pure speculation, but you continue to make a big deal out of it. What for?

P.S Seriously dude, read this https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Danth%27s_Law for the future.
Level of my english is still too poor, so ask not particularly angry because of my terrible grammar.

Oct 4, 8:07 AM

@RobertBobert
LMAO... FUCKING ROFLMAO
Oh man, you should not have linked rationalwiki, that was a terrible mistake. You destroyed any credibility you could've possibly had. I'm sad and disappointed.

I wasn't speculating, you insisted i was, i refuted you, and you ignored it. Your problem, not mine. But yeah, considering you take that joke of a website seriously, and considering your conversational performance, i beg of you, for your own good, go read the Harvard Classics or something, get yourself a MINIMUM real education on logic and reasoning. Yikes.

You'd know that rationalwiki was bullshit if you actually investigated it's statements, claims, and more importantly it's references/sources, or should i say, lack thereof.
Modified by GenesisAria, Oct 4, 8:17 AM

Oct 4, 8:23 AM

GenesisAria said:
@RobertBobert
LMAO... FUCKING ROFLMAO
Oh man, you should not have linked rationalwiki, that was a terrible mistake. You destroyed any credibility you could've possibly had. I'm sad and disappointed.

I wasn't speculating, you insisted i was, i refuted you, and you ignored it. Your problem, not mine. But yeah, considering you take that joke of a website seriously, and considering your conversational performance, i beg of you, for your own good, go read the Harvard Classics or something, get yourself a MINIMUM real education on logic and reasoning. Yikes.

You'd know that rationalwiki was bullshit if you actually investigated it's statements, claims, and more importantly it's references/sources, or should i say, lack thereof.

That is, you not only continue to seriously protect your speculations with the help of things that are not connected to the actual plot and refer to your opinion as an argument, but also try to attack the resource itself instead of an answer in essence? Are these fantasies so personal to you?

Sorry, but you cannot do this, this rule is not an invention of a rational wiki.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/6408927/Internet-rules-and-laws-the-top-10-from-Godwin-to-Poe.html
https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/danths-law
Modified by RobertBobert, Oct 4, 8:29 AM

Oct 4, 8:51 AM

@RobertBobert the boundless hypocrisy... it hurts.

Nuff strawman and ad hominem k.
Even a stupid site like tvtropes can tell how much stupid a person has, most of all oneself.
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/main/logicalfallacies?from=main.youfaillogicforever

Oct 4, 8:55 AM

GenesisAria said:
@RobertBobert the boundless hypocrisy... it hurts.

Nuff strawman and ad hominem k.
Even a stupid site like tvtropes can tell how much stupid a person has, most of all oneself.
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/main/logicalfallacies?from=main.youfaillogicforever

LOL what? At first you attack me with a big charge of demagoguery and direct insults, but after I point you to this, you accuse me of ad hominem? And after that, even say something about hypocrisy? Lol, I openly declare that you are officially the most arrogant person I have met in my life.

Oct 4, 8:03 PM
First half of the episode was spicy. Except, unlike many other "spicy" anime out there (Ahem, Domestic Girlfriend) it was not incest spiciness so im all cool with it. Had good laughs and cringes with the first half, then second half wrapped up the show in a nice albeit rushed manner.

Oct 5, 2:13 PM
I really liked this anime but now that I think about it, I realize that it has a lot of flaws and it’s strange how majority of viewers had no problem with the final episode and thought it was a masterpiece and didn’t mention how stupid the whole resolution to the plot with Niina was

I felt that the Love vs Lust theme that was clearly shown in Izumi’s character was masterfully done and very realistic, just because a boy is sexually attracted to another girl even though he has a girlfriend, it doesn’t mean that he wants to have sex with her and give in to temptation, not all boys are driven by lust and most shows that deal with lust and sexuality always have the same cliche cheating love triangle and even the infamous school days is guilty of this thing as well despite the fact that it happens in real life, it’s so overdone in media and O Maidens did it very well
The game of colors was also a smart way to get these kids to understand their feelings

The biggest flaw that this anime had and failed at is how Kazusa and Izumi reacted to Niina’s actions, I never expected this anime to be like school days, white album 2 or domestic girlfriend but I did expect a lot of drama and broken friendships and a bit of anger and resentments from both kazusa and Izumi towards Niina because honestly there’s no way that a friendship can ever be fixed after such nasty betrayal

Not only did Niina sexually assault Izumi and guilt-trip and manipulate him into thinking that he was the one in the wrong by saying that he got hard to make him think that he cheated on kazusa which traumatized the poor Izumi and caused him emotional turmoil and extreme self-loathing, she also lied in front of everyone and said that he was the one who touched her to make him look like the bad guy right in front of Kazusa and the other girls and made that very nasty look while she was talking to Kazusa (that's just so messed up) when she literary made up with Kazusa and apologized to her the day before and then she goes and does something like that even after she betrayed Kazusa

The problem is that what Niina was just downright evil and I find it so unbelievable that something like this is just played for laughs and never brought up again and then everything is happy and shiny, It’s so unrealistic

If Okada wanted to use the seduction plot only to test Izumi’s feeling for Kazusa and not make it an NTR and make Niina and Kazusa stay friends without consequences, then it should have never been brought by Niina in the first place, it could have been only between Niina and Izumi and Kazusa didn’t need to know about it at all because Izumi was going to choose her any way but If your going to bring up something like this, then at least do it realistically, If Niina values her friendship with Kazusa so much like she claims, why wasn’t she scared that her saying this might actually make Kazusa hate her ? how could she say something like this so confidently with that sadistic look?

Niina is clearly using sex as a form of stimulation for herself and her seducing Izumi was mostly to arouse herself as well as Izumi and not just because she wants to seduce him like many people think, she finds the whole idea of Izumi practicing on her very exciting and her line ‘’I felt so hot when he touched me’’ completely prove this point, she’s literally a sociopath

But I don’t think that she’s always been this way, her being a sociopath is clearly the result of her being groomed by that pedophile, she spent years of her life with this man seeing as she was a former child actress and was never allowed to a live a normal life like the other kids or even interact with them, she was never close to any boy her age before she met Izumi and Seagusa was most likely the closet person to her not just from the opposite sex but he was the closet person to her in general seeing as how she always goes back to him for advice, her being mature and having a very philosophical view on life is all just a facade and her just repeating what this man said to her without actually understanding what she herself is even saying and her messed up views on sex and relationships are basically his views and her almost Sociopathic personality was also shaped by his personality and it's so strange how her mother was totally fine with it and it makes me wonder even more just how close Niina is to her parents and if she actually comes from a broken home

Niina is just …sick in the head although I do like her very much as a character and I feel very sorry for her because she was groomed by a pedophile but she’s too twisted and

+
It said in her profile page at the official website and the manga that her favorite Book is the ''Story of the Eye'' which is a very messed up story and this is definitely the reason why she's so f**** up athough I'm not sure if it was seagusa who recommended it to her or if she read it by herself
Modified by Rozalthiric, Oct 5, 2:43 PM

Oct 6, 1:35 AM

Felt disappointing. But it's alright, not too bad.

Oct 6, 5:55 AM
Review Moderator
God Eater

Hmm thought this was a pretty unsatisfying final episode. Everything was wrapped up too conveniently. At least everyone got a happy end.

This started off as my second most favorite show this season below Vinland Saga until it became too ambitious with the drama. I don't mind melodrama at all (in fact, I love it), but the way the show suddenly switched gears in the last four episodes felt really awkward. It would've been much better if the drama was introduced earlier in the story. Still, it was a good watch overall.

6/10

Oct 6, 5:24 PM
RobertBobert said:

You do a big deal out of my random comment, but blame me for it.

I do not think your comment is a big deal so I can't be blaming you for it.

You asked 'What?' and I answered. Now you are asking me why I keep talking about this. Imagine my surprise. That's absurd.

I only responded. I even apologized. I'm not concerned nor interested. So it seems only you perceive the turmoil here.

RobertBobert said:

Why are you even so concerned about the mention of my list?

I'm not. I'm merely responding.
I have already explained - it struck me as an immature comment so I pointed it out.

There is nothing more to say or do here other than to move on.

This isn't a game for me to have a last word. If you do not ask a question or say something contradicting or deserving a correction, I will stop responding. Pls remember that you have already changed the topic once - to why I even bothered. Do not make the same mistake unless that is what you want to do (talk).

GenesisAria said:
If this were a dialectical discussion we'd be mutually synthesizing information to come do the most truthful conclusion, instead of pointless debates. I mean we can go over this all systematically if you really want...

This honestly reads like Tamanawa (Snafu). Can you also do the hand thing?

GenesisAria said:
get yourself a MINIMUM real education

Have you heard of steelman/steelmanning? For all the meticulous description of the people's fatal mistakes, you could instead take your time to actually forward them and the discussion into something more meaningful (it is not easy, sure). Rather than shape all your incredible words into an infallible personal attack. What good are words to you if in the end you abuse them for no good?

GenesisAria said:
I've seen more than either of you. Where's my medal? lol.

You have been blessed with the knowledge of the steel man. Wield it wisely.

Oct 6, 5:45 PM

@sspit Dude, I just mentioned that I had more important things than analyzing why someone's comment was sexist. As you can see from my last discussion, all this shit with wanabe critics takes me too much time, so this is definitely not what I need.

If I understand your message correctly, then this is an unpromising idea in advance. Steel man suggests that your argument will be a search for truth, not a personal conflict over a victory. And it is pointless to advise this tool to a person who is ready to turn into a real scholastic and flaunt books he has read, instead of discussing the actual plot.
Modified by RobertBobert, Oct 6, 6:36 PM

Oct 6, 7:05 PM

sspit said:
GenesisAria said:
If this were a dialectical discussion we'd be mutually synthesizing information to come do the most truthful conclusion, instead of pointless debates. I mean we can go over this all systematically if you really want...
This honestly reads like Tamanawa (Snafu). Can you also do the hand thing?
You'd have to enlighten me to what you are talking about.
..oh wait, you making oregairu referenes? lol. None of the characters were particularly smart in that show.

sspit said:
GenesisAria said:
get yourself a MINIMUM real education
Have you heard of steelman/steelmanning? For all the meticulous description of the people's fatal mistakes, you could instead take your time to actually forward them and the discussion into something more meaningful (it is not easy, sure). Rather than shape all your incredible words into an infallible personal attack. What good are words to you if in the end you abuse them for no good?
Not heard of steelmanning before, but upon looking it up, it seems like a good thing to me? Wouldn't you want to tackle the best scenario of the opponent's argument to point out even it has errors? Rather than interpreting a more flawed version, it makes sense to me to go benefit of the doubt and address best case scenario.

sspit said:
GenesisAria said:
I've seen more than either of you. Where's my medal? lol.
You have been blessed with the knowledge of the steel man. Wield it wisely.
lol it was a joke XD

Oct 8, 7:49 PM

God dang I got to this late, I always hesitate on clicking on the next episode of anime like this knowing things are about to get heavy... THIS WAS NOT WHAT I WAS EXPECTING AT ALL. For things to come out during a weird hostage situation where everyone is either emotionally or sexually unstable, this was really fun, but somehow not all that satisfying, like, at all. It wasn't bad, but I feel like it had a bit too much build up, like it needed just one more episode to get things wrapped up.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!

Oct 9, 2:55 AM
Nice multi relationship trainwreck.
Quite some surprise twists lol principal calmly walked away. The color tag and literature focused protest was truly colorful. Thanks Milo sensei.
Izumi lol awkwardly honest, and Amagi too cute & smooth with that forehead moment. A few characters didn't have the best resolutions, but at least Momo stayed friends with Sugawara.
There were fairly weird stuff in some episodes but still added to the group's development.

Oct 9, 10:11 AM
very complex story .. but finally this hard relationship ending well with ,, show their feeling using the color game or whatever,,
and ending for people and just fine for the other.. like yuri girl and the white haired girl.. but the important the problem is clear..
7/10

Oct 9, 12:59 PM

I liked this show, and I loved that euphimism at the end, lost of adorable stuff squeezed at the final part of the episode. Feels warm, feels bitter sweet. Expected out of a show like this. 7/10

Oct 10, 2:18 PM
Good ending.. But some yuri action is ruined it-_-) Momoko is trash

Oct 11, 5:32 PM

Papa_Shuiji said:
Good ending.. But some yuri action is ruined it-_-) Momoko is trash

I know that many find Momo annoying, but I doubt that her sexuality or trying to be friendly with the girl who refused her makes her trash.

Oct 12, 1:17 PM

The people that are giving Izumi shit for what he said to Nina, I think may not realize something. It is entirely possible to be emotionally attracted to one girl but only sexually attracted to another. Yeah, it sucks, and it's a rough thing to have to say to a girl, but he did what needed to be done. He was honest, through and through. Nobody would want a liar. I personally have definetly been sexually attracted to partners before that I discovered I had no real emotional attachment to.

I am pretty satisfied with this ending, and enjoyed this anime - it went a lot of places I personally have not seen an anime go before. Pregnancy, sex, homosexuality, taboo relationships. Like...damn. That threw me for whiplash.

Also, post-nut clarity. Izumi can just figure it out after he goes and jacks off

Oct 15, 9:38 AM
This anime was AWESOME! There are so many interesting pieces of nuance to it, and I really enjoyed the characters. Did anyone else catch that Izumi was extra-disgusted with Niina's actions due to the fact that she did what she did on a train? It was great the whole way through. They completely disregarded boundaries and just dealt with high school sexuality as it is in reality. Such a rich slice of life.

Oct 16, 8:47 AM

"This anime drama is realistic" most anime bulshitterry in 2019
if this anime is realistic most main cast wont talk each other till their death...

Oct 16, 12:33 PM
Izumi really pissed me off in this episode! Why would you say that! I would have slapped him

Oct 18, 6:29 AM

I thought bc the manga was still going there was likely gonna be a season 2 or a cliff hanger but it gave a full conclusion and im so sad i wanted to watch more :(
it was such a great,underrated show! i really did try to recommend it to as many people as possible which i usually never do.

i really liked how they wrapped it up with not too many bitter feelings but rather showed how teenage emotions can be handled.

what a great show this was,i will definitely be picking up the manga since spanish publishers already have most of the volumes out!

"those who aren't able to find a more miserable person than themselves turn to the internet and call others losers,even though they've never met"- Satou from nhk

Today, 3:41 AM

Characters and scenes out of the box is all good...unrealistically deranged characters and scenes are not.

Okada knew how to write good dialogue. She knew how to write charming characters. She knew how to use metaphors. The subject was original.
But something ended up off. Why was it so messy? Why did everything feel so...contrived?

I still commend it for staying fun for 12 episodes. Loved the character designs and colour palette too

5-6/10.

Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

Preview MangaManga Store