Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jun 6, 2020 9:48 AM
Jan 2018
Someone tell me how this show is sexist , which sex is being discriminated against exactly

Jul 6, 2020 10:29 PM

May 2013
Ooooh, it's Rin :3 she's a tough one ;P

This first season was great! 9/10 C:
Jul 20, 2020 8:36 PM
Oct 2019
That scene on the little bridge got me good.

I wonder if Yuki has a "true form" like Kyo, or if his issue is "guilt" about the Cat and Rat's history.

A new Soma or two for next season? Goodie. Looking forward to more info on this curse.

I like the ending song.
Nov 21, 2020 7:35 AM

Aug 2020
Oh my god Kazuma is so nice he's literally Kyo's father figure I would've wanted to see their past together because Kyo is always so happy when he's around him. Things look like they're going up and I can't wait to start the new season!!!
Feb 22, 2021 7:16 PM
Jul 2018
this was pretty nice i guess. nice production quality and decent characters + narrative, got a bit boring at times though but overall i'd say a 4/10.
Feb 27, 2021 8:05 PM

May 2016
well well, season 1 is done! I know I'm late to the party but wow, just wow. Tooru has really grown on me, what a pleasant and upbeat character. A breath of fresh air. I have fallen in love with Kyou and I absolutely love Hatsuhara... I am so excited for season 2.
Feb 28, 2021 7:42 AM

May 2015
Quite nice series to watch, but it has some stall moments.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 1, 2021 12:26 PM
Jan 2021
ggultra2764 said:
At the finale of "season 1". This episode adapts the remainder of Chapter 34, Chapter 35, and the final pages of Chapter 48 from the manga. For the most part, the episode is faithful to the events of Chapter 34 and 35. But it did add in some stuff from later chapters of the manga as a teaser of things to come for the next "season" of the series when it airs next year. Anyway, here are the differences I noticed with this latest episode:

-The scenes narrated by Kyo showing him and Kazuma observe a train and meditating originally had spoken dialogue from the two in the manga.
-Some of Kyo’s narration reflecting on his relationship with Kazuma was removed for the anime.
-When Kyo comes upon Shigure reading a newspaper after waking up, Shigure was smoking a cigarette in the manga.
-While Kyo chased after Kazuma and Tohru while reflecting on why the former suddenly left him, there is a removed flashback showing Kazuma tell Kyo about being his current self from Chapter 32.
-When Tohru was seeing Kazuma off, she originally wore a more shorter skirt in the manga and her upper arm is more bandaged up in the anime. Plus, the two were still in the middle of the forest in the manga.
-When Kazuma knocked Kyo back in the manga, Kyo was knocked into a fence instead of a set of stairs.
-There is a change in some of the interactions between everyone at the table between the anime and manga. When Kyo remarked that he would be practicing at Kazuma’s dojo again three times a week, Shigure originally teased him as to why in the manga and this led to Kyo being irritated with him. This was changed in the anime to Tohru commenting on how well things are going before a flustered Kyo asks her to stop before noticing the bandage on her neck caused from his attack on her from Chapter 33. This does result in the dialogue exchange with Yuki when he comes in the room for breakfast being changed for the anime.
-While Kyo is trying to keep his anger in check against Yuki, Shigure originally commented in the manga that they are clearly still in an argument.
-The scene with Yuki being greeted by school girls by the school gate was added for the anime.
-When Haru greets Tohru in school in the manga, she did ask him if he was with Momiji. Haru said he chose to leave him due to how noisy he was.
-When Tohru recollected how Yuki and Kagura reacted to Kyo’s transformation, she originally had more internal dialogue in the manga where she wonders about being an outsider to the Sohma family’s affairs in response to the events. The flashback showing Kyo putting his hand over Kagura’s mouth from Chapter 5 was added for the anime.
-While Haru was walking away after saying farewell to Tohru, there are several schoolgirls shown swooning for him as he walks by in the manga.
-The bits showing Yuki darkly wallowing in his thoughts before opening up a door as he confesses his thoughts to Tohru were added for the anime.
-Kakeru and Machi’s first appearance actually happens later in Chapter 42 of the manga, as they observed Yuki and Motoko’s conversation. Much of their dialogue exchange is totally different in the anime due to the changed circumstances in which they observe Yuki.
-When Haru put his arm around Yuki’s shoulder, both were on opposite sides in the manga.
-Before Kagura jump kicks Kyo, there is a removed scene in the manga where Kyo told Tohru he was going to be late getting home due to practicing at Kazuma’s dojo. This also leads to different circumstances as to why Kagura came to see Kyo as she planned to resume martial arts training with Kyo as well in the manga.
-The dinner scene at Shigure’s house was expanded a bit in the anime. Shigure was present for it in the manga. Kagura, Kyo, Hatori, Momiji, and Kisa were not originally at the dinner in the manga.
-Isuzu’s first appearance in the manga was originally much later at the end of Chapter 48.

Hopefully, I should be able to resume listing differences between the anime and manga adaptations of Fruits Basket next year when the series resumes airing in its next "season".
Thank you for doing this
Mar 16, 2021 1:35 PM

Jun 2019
On to the next season. Really enjoyed the first season.
Apr 15, 2021 5:28 PM

Mar 2010
Goddamn brilliant. Bravo!~ I feel like this is just splurged with psychological circumstances from everyday life infused with more complicated unforseen paranormal activities, for a lack of better words. But damn They really made tohru be the jesus of the anime. solving all them problems with proverbs only known by the gods. I feel like she will not only cure cancer but also cure depression and our suicidal tendencies. Shit after this season I already feel like my EQ has risen a good 50 points from my previous EQ of 135.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 23, 2021 8:03 AM

Dec 2020
great ending. closed off kyo's arc nicely with his shisho's perspective added to it. i also rly liked the part of yuki's dialogue where it was something like "im better at doing my tie, interacting with people, its small things but im getting better at it while doing my best" rly nice. can somehow relate to that so it was quite comforting to hear it !
May 1, 2021 1:06 PM

May 2020
Overall quite a solid and faithful adaptation. There were a few episodes that I preferred the adaptations choices from the older anime, but the new version of Fruits Basket was a big improvement in a lot of other areas. I give it a solid 8/10. I can't wait to see where the series goes from here! I'm excited to finally see mostly new content going forward.
May 14, 2021 8:23 AM

Apr 2020
I can vividly see this series being in my favorites soon

8/10, the amount of enjoyment it gave however was 9.5/10
Jun 17, 2021 11:11 AM

Jun 2019
My 46th completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it an 8/10 rating.
Jun 28, 2021 12:50 PM

Jan 2021
Beautiful…<:33
Jul 20, 2021 8:11 PM
Apr 2017
Such a heartfelt finale of season one. Everyone is getting through their struggles and trying their best to be better people. It looks like things are going to be in good spirits, but Rin…. Quite a mysterious person right now. I really hope season 2 gives me more backstory to the Somas and the leader of it all.
Aug 5, 2021 3:42 AM

Jul 2021
it was a good episode. the scene with kyou and his sensei was very good. daily dose of serotonin from kyo smiling. I need to know more about shigure..why he so mysterious?

Overall this was a good first season.
Aug 15, 2021 12:27 AM
Jun 2021
Didn't Yuki get enough footage entire season that he needed to take the few episodes Kyo got. I hate him. Every episode he has a whiny story.
Sep 10, 2021 2:02 AM

Jul 2015
Despite there being a lot of emotional backstories with me shedding a few tears here and there, this was a great first season of the remake and I'm happy to know they adapted the whole manga so we finally can see who the last unkown zodiac members are and how the story ends.

Sep 27, 2021 6:08 AM

Jun 2019
What a rollercoaster of emotion ;;
Dec 1, 2021 10:15 AM

Dec 2007
the whole kyo and his "father" was great made, much better than previous episode "true form" drama.

yuki to hit on tohru now really annoys me, he got jealous too late.
from what i see at least, yuki x kagura seems more reliable for me lol.

kinda felt that "all the shoma we met showing for final" was forced lol, but it was good finale with sme good foreshadowing.
kinda wanted though when it were mentioned shigure went to the sohma estate that we will see his schemes a little, but seeing him with akito did great too.

this series had started great for me, but in the late episodes it kinda become repetitive and too easy to read the flow of the director to keep the true story for season 2, hope it won't fail.

8/10 for the series.
Jan 1, 2022 1:12 AM

May 2020
10/10 masterpiece
I love this anime so much
and now onto s2

Jan 6, 2022 2:36 AM
Jan 2016
So the last ep finally brought something interesting to the table. I might have liked this anime more if half of the whole season wasn't made out of melodramatic monologues about how amazing tohru is and how sad her past was. Add some other character sob stories in the middle and your are good to go. She was easily one of the most annoying characters I've come across in recent past.
Feb 25, 2022 5:37 PM

Feb 2021
ok season, I might read the manga to see if it improves on some of the problems I had with the adaptation
May 5, 2022 11:13 AM
Dec 2020
Interesting, there's more to the Soma story than I thought
Jul 29, 2022 10:16 PM
Jun 2022
It was really good to see Kyo with a figure in his life who he could see as a parental. And it was so good seeing the love Kyo had for the sensai, in a fatherly - son sort of way.

It's hard seeing how broken Yuki is inside, but also how he doesn't want to be like that, and he wants to be better. And it seems that Tohru is helping to make him better. And I feel like something romantically is going to happen between them next season.

Overall, it was a good, sweet season finale.
Aug 12, 2022 6:55 AM
Jul 2022
The anime plot was totally different ..and could not even guess were the story is going ...it makes it very interesting to watch. And one of the best romcom anime i have watched!!!
Sep 5, 2022 4:09 PM
Sep 2022
I loved it lol I know prob bad taste
Sep 7, 2022 6:40 PM
Apr 2022
good anime go watch now
Oct 9, 2022 5:59 PM
Jan 2017
hmmm so overall Im torn between this version vs the original. Im still gonna finish the rest but obviously this 1st season is pretty much the whole original series aside from tohru meeting aki.

so overall I feel some parts did loose their mean streak, which is good in a way. like how tooru's family confronted her about living w/ quote " a guy" as oppose to teh original saying "multiple guys" implying she was a slut. I also liked the scene of kyo and yuki looking in through the window on that fight giving em a reason to barge into their house.
Beyond that I like shigore's editor much better in this version
and I feel the last episode being about change and moving forawrd was a looot more character development then what was done in the 1st series.
the episodes from tooru meeting hiro and onward though maintained the typical unnecesarily mean streak the old show had where as this verion up to that point I feel put in a more human and understandable way

and what i didnt like about this show was I hated momiji's voice and young yukis voice. the accent just seemed a lil too fake to me and young yukis childhood voice outright sounded like a girl, as in they didnt even try to make him sound like a boy
Im also a lil on the fence about shigore's character in this one,his comic reliefness was constant in the old show an was one of my fave parts so making him more grounded and pulled back was a bit of a let down

but I definitely loved the art style of this reboot
but overall Id say this season was a 5/10 maybe 5.5/10 I look forward to next season an hope it expands on the original show more

Oct 12, 2022 9:02 AM
Aug 2019
I enjoyed that this series was given another chance to actually have its full ending, rather than ending where the first iteration did.
Oct 23, 2022 6:22 AM
Oct 2022
This show was absolutely amazing1 It changed me in so many ways and it literally squeezed every ounce of tears I had in me - The characters are all beautiful, the story line is so sentimental and it was really really emotional.
Jan 29, 2023 1:25 AM

Jul 2022
No he visto la ver. del 2001 y no creo hacerlo dentro de un tiempo después de acabarme toda la adaptación por TMS ya que lo sentiría anticlimático pero hablando solo por esta del 2019, puedo decir que fue una exageradamente buena adaptación (a pesar de no haber leído el manga digo esto xd), no me atrapo al 100% pero tiene lo suyo como para que diga esto.

Desde el gusto personal, claro.

Ahora, después de elogiar la serie por lo que lleva, tengo que decir algo malo igual, aborrezco a Yuki, no a Kagura como muchos, a Yuki.
Apr 18, 2023 11:10 PM
Apr 2021
such a nice ending but ik it's only gonna be pain from now on. I thought this was a cute and bright anime ???
Jul 20, 2023 3:51 AM
Jun 2023
empieza sienro una comedia romantica pero despues se combierte en un grupo de auto ayuda, hay que ver como sigue
Jul 23, 2023 9:50 PM

Apr 2023
I still don't understand why this series is as popular as it is. Like.. I can't seem to care about any of these characters, at all.
Aug 9, 2023 8:49 AM

Apr 2021
Fruits Basket's probably at the top of my list of fav romance animes now.

Loved every bit of the show <3

I can't wait to watch season 2!!!!
Oct 17, 2023 7:19 PM

Mar 2022
What a wonderful finale to end the first season. Glad to see that Kyo and Kazuma got to part on good terms, looks we got a couple new characters which I think will get more screen time next season, a great focus on Kyo and Kazuma’s backstory god this anime doesn’t hold back on people just talking ill of the main characters here just damn. Anyways Fruits Basket, or at least the first season of the remake, that is, really took me by surprise. I really wasn’t expecting to be so invested in it, Tohru is such a sweetheart of a character and I honestly think because of her, I got through my grieving progress that I was going through at the time won’t say what it was for but all I can say is: Thank you Tohru, you really have helped me a lot during that. And not just Miss Honda, the show got me to care about almost everyone in the Souma family, such a diverse cast, the show was a mix of lighthearted humour with serious drama that hit hard when it needed to be.

Animation was so stunning throughout and judging by the way the episode ended, I feel the show is gonna a different route when it comes to the tone which is what I think this show is going for. Am I gonna watch season 2? You bet your ass I’m going to. It gets a solid 9/10 from me. Such a heartwarming ride for me, such a heartwarming ride for me.
Dec 1, 2023 7:35 PM

Nov 2023
good to see more of kyou's childhood haha anyways this was a meh anime gg!
Dec 20, 2023 6:33 PM
Feb 2019
LLore, no guachin kyo o yuki cualquiera que gane ya fue tremendo anime
Feb 11, 7:20 PM

Aug 2022
Finally, a toki-doki moment with Yuki! 😍❤️
Tohru's reaction to his declaration that he will snatch her away was absolutely priceless! 🤭
I'm guessing the girl and the boy shown at school watching Yuki must be the two missing Zodiac animals: the Horse and the Rooster. It seems like something big is set to unfold in season 2... I can't wait to start watching it! 🥰
Mar 9, 5:58 PM
Apr 2019
Fue increible, muy buen romance
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2019

130 by razornamidablood »»
Apr 22, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 2, 2019

117 by ashura_chan »»
Apr 9, 3:59 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2019

217 by bruh98hy89 »»
Mar 29, 8:39 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2019

231 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 17, 4:33 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2019

123 by Jordanrane02 »»
Mar 16, 9:48 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.