Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 20, 2019 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So Haruhime is doing chores now. Heh, the jealousy in Hestia is showing. I can feel it.

Pretty silly episode tbh, compared to the previous ones. This one seems like the most lighthearted one of this arc. Hestia is just all over the place lol. Also, about time Ais came back again.

Sep 20, 2019 9:06 AM
Dec 2011
So the explanation of Haruhime is actually still pure was moved to this episode. In the LN Bell is supposed to know about it.
Sep 20, 2019 9:49 AM

Sep 2018
Who thought that starting new arc in the 2 last episodes is a good idea?
Jolyne Kuujou + Steel Ball Run Universe = Billie Eillish
Sep 20, 2019 9:54 AM

Apr 2010
Leave it up to Hestia to be captured by such a simple thinking enemy.
Anyway finally she is here, all hail Ais!!!
We where missing her this season so it's a good thing she appeared!!
Sep 20, 2019 9:59 AM

Aug 2013
I find this Ares guy to amusing.
And Poor Hestia, not only was she rejected by Bell but she got captured as well.

Good to know that Haruhime joined the familia.

Sep 20, 2019 10:10 AM

Nov 2016
Ares is a pretty amusing addition.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 20, 2019 10:13 AM

Jun 2014
Ares sure is an optimistic god.
Didnt expect them to do anything too crazy with the last 2 eps, probably just a nice way to wrap up S2.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 20, 2019 10:15 AM

Feb 2016
Never thought the God of War Ares would be like this.
Hestia fell and Bell jumped to save her. I think they are quite rushing things.

Only one more episode left to go
Sep 20, 2019 10:19 AM
Feb 2018
And after all the shit she's done all of a sudden Ishtar SOOO nice to Bell....
Sep 20, 2019 10:28 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
chair-sama said:
Who thought that starting new arc in the 2 last episodes is a good idea?

Agree. This felt rushed and kind of weird at this point in the series.
Bell just needs to tell his goddes that he doesn't feel the same thing for her as she does. He's into blondes.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 20, 2019 11:02 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm an invasion by another kingdom huh. Still against the veterans of Loki Familia these numbers are hardly worth a worry. There's more to war than just numbers after all. After that fierce battle between their familia's its nice to see Aisha and Bell have grown to respect each other over their shared concern for Haruhime. Damm Haruhime looks pretty nice in that maid outfit. Hestia and Lily's little argument sure was hillarious. Still while amusing it did well in revealing a long buried concern that Lily had within her as well as the relationships that can exist between gods and their children. But man to think that Ares's little plan and Hestia's little trip would end with her being kidnapped though. Overall a calm ep that did well in showing what happened to Haruhime and Aisha in the aftermath of the crisis while also introducing a new villain in the form of the comical Ares. Looking forward to seeing the new arc even though next ep is the last.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 20, 2019 11:21 AM

Nov 2011
I still find it baffling that people like Hestia. I've disliked her since day one, she is the worst! Annoying and Useless just like another Goddess i know but at least she can use water moves and her fists. Hestia is literally only good for causing trouble and making trouble.

I do not know what the point of these last two episodes are...I guess they were made to make Bell realize that Hestia loves him though he wont return the romantic feelings towards her.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 20, 2019 11:21 AM

Aug 2018
Ares looks like the kind of mighty retarded muscle boy but funny overall and usually reasonable. But sadly (or not), we will barely see him next week since the show will meet its end.

Also too bad that we just slightly took a look at the new Haruhime, like she just entered the familia as if it was just a paper to sign with a cross.
Sep 20, 2019 11:32 AM

Oct 2017
Haruhime is the cutest rn among all danmachi characters, really love her. Also nice looks like she is pure and not a prostitute like she thght she was.
Sep 20, 2019 11:42 AM

Sep 2014
Eh not invested in this and it feels to late to enter to another arc now. I expected something more SoL like tbh. At least that Ares god is funny and I feel bad for the other guy accompanying him lol
Sep 20, 2019 11:46 AM

Apr 2018
Ep 11 and 12 is gotta be shit cause they can't cover any other arcs y'know what I'm sayin.
Sep 20, 2019 12:32 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Hestia has no luck, good episode but i regret the haruhime arc, the quality of the episodes has regressed imo.
Sep 20, 2019 12:42 PM

Jul 2014
So Haruhime is really a virgin and her fainting from seeing Bell's collarbone was really a hint. I honestly came to believe in her words but at the same time I always waited for the revelation of this episode. I'm happy for her, although I think it's cruel that Aisha didn't tell her.

What does seem weird to me is that one of the girls mentions that Haruhime fainted when she saw a naked man but Haruhime mentioned earlier that she shared the bed with many, so Haruhime always fainted and the guys just left nicely... every time? I guess the Amazons wouldn't let them do anything by force. Still, it's pretty awful that Haruhime thought that men did it with her unconscious body and that even though this whole thing is over and their familia no longer exists, the Amazons (especially Aisha who looks like she really cared about her) didn't bother to tell her the truth.... why? The girl felt ashamed of herself and unworthy because of that and why let people keep thinking she was a prostitute? It's absurd.

BellxHaruhime was cute, she's really cute. And man that tail, I always have a weakness for expressive tails.

Of course Bell screws up with Hestia's love again.

Ares is pretty amusing.

I am Ganesha!
SkyLETVSep 21, 2019 7:21 AM
Sep 20, 2019 1:04 PM

Apr 2016
Pretty boring episode but Ares was a bit funny.
Sep 20, 2019 1:13 PM
Nov 2017
I can't believe how shit this season turned out to be. Just how many "save the princess" plots are we gonna get?
Sep 20, 2019 1:28 PM

May 2013
Such a random, weird episode.
Was this supposed to be next season material?
Sep 20, 2019 1:34 PM
Jul 2016
So haruhime wasn't even a prostitute basically trivialises all those near death moments into nothing. They nearly risked their lives for a b**** that couldn't do her job and complained about how hard her life was anyway. WTF is that!!!! And all the women that were previously in it fighting to the *DEATH* for their livelihoods are all good about the situation 'hehehe' lets run off somewhere else?
This show is the epitome of UTTER SHIT story writing. Not to say it was ever good but this was just disrespectfully atrocious. Theres NO STAKES to anything we see.
Sep 20, 2019 1:34 PM

Jan 2017
Well, Ares is quite the crackhead, isnt he? And please, please, just let us have Bell X Haruhime, they're just the best... I can really relate to how Haruhime feels for Bell haha.
Sep 20, 2019 1:41 PM
May 2018
I'm surprised this episode turned out as well as it did. It's pretty clear to be a smaller arc, but the pacing seemed decent and it clearly hit all the important points. Comedy is subjective but I laughed my ass off, which hasn't happened since the "Ais checking if she smells bad" moment in s1.
Sep 20, 2019 2:04 PM

Feb 2014
It's nice to see Haruhime being part of Hestia's familiar now and she looks really happy, too. Despite what she did to her and Bell in the last arc, it's nice to see that Aisha doesn't harbour any bad grudges for either of them and wishes both Haruhime and Bell well. What I wasn't expecting to hear was that Haruhime IS a virgin, which meant that every guy she saw strip naked or near-naked, she fainted and went out of commission. At least that's a relief... ^^;

Ares, the god of war, is one massive idiot, but I can't help but laugh at his antics throughout this episode, mainly when he and his unfortunate aide keep arguing with each other.

They somehow struck gold by pure luck when Ares noticed Hestia outside of Orario thanks to Ganesha giving her permission to leave for a while and Ares didn't hesitate into kidnapping her.

Thankfully, Ais and Bell came to her rescue and made use of Ares and his aide's bickering so that Bell could get to Hestia, but then the cliff gave way and they both fell down into the river below, with Ais following quickly behind them.

The last episode, going by the title, hopefully will contain some cute moments between the three of them. =3
Sep 20, 2019 2:12 PM

Jun 2017
Ganesha...HOW IS HE A GOD? LMAO!

At least Haruhime is secured, Ais will probably have a funny reaction if they ever meet.
Sep 20, 2019 2:27 PM
Nov 2018
This is the dumbest thing I have seen in an anime the whole year:

"From the look of it, Haruhime seems to think she actually was a prostitute."
"Right? She passed out just seeing a man naked, so she never actually...."
"Why tell her now? It's none of our business. The two of them believed it even when it wasn't true and overcame it."

What kind of virgin Japanese incel wrote this? Who thinks a woman wouldn't know if she had sex or not? This is absolutely braindead.

And how did this work? They set her up with customers, she passed out, the customers didn't touch her, and then the Happy Hookers let her think the men had sex with her unconscious body? And she could never feel in her vagina that they didn't? And they just kept paying her a cut for the customers, even though she didn't actually sleep with anyone?

And how is it NOT their business? They know she was wallowing in shame and feeling unworthy, because of their charade. And they just let her keep thinking she slept with paying men. And let the people around her think it as well. Hey, she hasn't killed herself or anything, so no problem! Let's let her keep thinking her unconscious body was used, for the rest of her life!

Congrats, writer. You found a way to give the viewers a titillating two-fer: a broken-bird prostitute character and a shy virgin character, rolled into one. That probably counts as impressive in otaku world.
Sep 20, 2019 2:35 PM
May 2019
Like others say, this episode seems to open the plot a bit too much instead of guiding the season to the ending, almost like OPM 2 that was left with an arc devided.......it was better to just close the arc with haruhime saved and make a third season, no?.....(i would like a reply about this from somebody who read the LN).

Almost Okay-ish
Sep 20, 2019 2:49 PM

Apr 2013
Poor Lili got thrown across the room by Herstia lol
Haruhime is now the Familia's housewife and she is happy, good for her.
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Sep 20, 2019 3:42 PM
Oct 2018
Disliked this episode and disliked this season so far and I’m pretty sure it’s not the last episode with the second half of this 2 episode ark who is gonna to satisfy me. At least Aiz is back but sadly Hestia is there to. Well I’ll of course watch this last episode even if I don’t expect much of it and who knows maybe I’ll be surprised. I hope so at least.
Sep 20, 2019 4:20 PM

Apr 2015
With every girl joining Hestia's familia, the jealousy grows!

Laughed when Lili got thrown around by Hestia, I know she's petit but Hestia is a shrimp herself XD

Now it's hestia causing the trouble, getting kidnapped by Ares, he's very entertaining.
Sep 20, 2019 4:38 PM
Aug 2019
I found this episode pretty funny because of two people: Ares and Ganesha.

Ares was really entertaining to watch, possibly my favorite character right now. For a god of war he and his men really really lack the qualities of a fighter which i find ironically hilarious. He reminds me of those stupid yet prideful villains who can be easily beaten but deliver quality comedy.

Then we have Ganesha, who we barely see in the anime but an amusing god.

I am pretty disappointed that we only got one episode left of this season and I'm looking forward to this arc. I'm guessing we'll have to wait another few years for another season. That's if they plan on continuing the anime with all the criticism going about.
Sep 20, 2019 5:28 PM

Dec 2014
Never would've thought Ares would turn out to be a joke.

We need more Ganesha scenes.
Sep 20, 2019 5:39 PM
Jul 2016
Hegar said:
This is the dumbest thing I have seen in an anime the whole year:

"From the look of it, Haruhime seems to think she actually was a prostitute."
"Right? She passed out just seeing a man naked, so she never actually...."
"Why tell her now? It's none of our business. The two of them believed it even when it wasn't true and overcame it."

What kind of virgin Japanese incel wrote this? Who thinks a woman wouldn't know if she had sex or not? This is absolutely braindead.

And how did this work? They set her up with customers, she passed out, the customers didn't touch her, and then the Happy Hookers let her think the men had sex with her unconscious body? And she could never feel in her vagina that they didn't? And they just kept paying her a cut for the customers, even though she didn't actually sleep with anyone?

And how is it NOT their business? They know she was wallowing in shame and feeling unworthy, because of their charade. And they just let her keep thinking she slept with paying men. And let the people around her think it as well. Hey, she hasn't killed herself or anything, so no problem! Let's let her keep thinking her unconscious body was used, for the rest of her life!

Congrats, writer. You found a way to give the viewers a titillating two-fer: a broken-bird prostitute character and a shy virgin character, rolled into one. That probably counts as impressive in otaku world.

all her crying and that rescue mission was for nothing risking their lives because she was so ashamed of herself, ALL NOTHING. They're even buddy buddy with the enemy that tried to MURDER her.
Sep 20, 2019 5:53 PM

Oct 2015
Thing are about to hear up in the next episode, judging from that fall. I hope feelings will be laid out, particularly coming from Bell to both Ais and Hestia.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 20, 2019 6:05 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
It seems Hestia still can't take a hint that Bell is not attracted to her after being rejected twice. She's being childish at this point and it has led her to being captured. I never expected Ares to be a bumbling idiot and his character is hilarious so far.

One more episode to go.
Sep 20, 2019 6:07 PM

Feb 2014
SO the final adventure to be a hero is to defeat the Black Dragon? The first two were done by Zeus and Hera familia who were wiped out in the process of doing the third one?
I guess that's gonna be Bell's last mission.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Sep 20, 2019 7:20 PM
Mar 2015
One idiot captured another
Sep 20, 2019 9:24 PM

Apr 2018
I hope they wrap the series and leave a little hint for a potential season 3. Too bad that this season didn’t cover much of the dungeon. Also what happen to Lyu? I hope she joins the crew too
Sep 20, 2019 9:27 PM
Jun 2017
haruhime is now under Hestia-sama familia. now she and bell are in one place. thats nice

and Ares... ohh my, having many soldiers dont means winning a war especially of your fighting an orario warriors. hahaha

and this god-napping thing sure is a funny one. well lets see what will happen in its final episode..

to end this post, a message have been said to us, "when someone confess a love to us, lets respect it.."
Sep 20, 2019 9:48 PM

Mar 2018
Ok w t f.
Haruhime being in Hestia familia now, yes, was to be expected. Her maid outfit was forced fanservice, was to be expected in danmachi ngl

But wtf is this story? Hestia throwing this tantrum was so unnecessarily dumb wth
And then some random god that lives outside of Orario kidnaps her for some random reason
There was literally no build up at all for this. Just something that happened now all of a sudden

I read somewhere else that
but that is no excuse for the story until now to be just bad
Got some cliffhanger in the end, let's just see where it goes with their last ep. Maybe it's J.C. Staff messing up again idk

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Sep 21, 2019 12:02 AM

Dec 2016
Nice to see Haruhime with a smile on her face and her former comrades are all doing well.

Once again Hestia decides to be the most ungrateful and most obnoxious bitch as per usual.

I was hoping Ares would get away with her, Bell deserves so much better.
Sep 21, 2019 1:30 AM
Mar 2018
Everyone complained how the reveal of her not being a prostitute and not doing anything wasn't mentioned. I'm just glad I read the novels aswell rushed or not we should be glad we even getting something sure they doing things differently but at least the points getting across is how I see it
Sep 21, 2019 2:40 AM

Dec 2014
love Hermes, he's hilarious but honestly feel sorry for Asfi sometimes lol

might be an unpopular opinion (or not?) but really dont like Hestia, she's so annoying
Sep 21, 2019 4:20 AM

Aug 2013
The fuck is this shit? Is DanMachi this bad in the LNs just with more "development" or is it actually decent and the characters aren't total bottom feeding memes?
Don't believe the hype.
Sep 21, 2019 7:52 AM
Jul 2019
LOL, Oh dear Hestia is having a bitch fit.............

Too bad she ends up being Ares' godstage
Sep 21, 2019 8:24 AM
Apr 2018
ares and his companion...now that's comedy
Sep 21, 2019 11:19 AM
Jan 2016
I am really glad that Haruhime is still pure!

The Haruhime and Bell moment was just awesome, Haruhime is beyond adorable and cute!

I find Are so amuzing and funny, and her subordinate aswell, trying to repreend Ares!

Its nice to see Ais and Loki familia!
Sep 21, 2019 11:58 AM

Apr 2013
'Haruhime and everybody else are obviously ok with her being a former whore, so there's no need to clarify that she's actually still a virgin.' Whut the fuck kind of logic is that. Being ok with something doesn't mean it wouldn't be awesome to find out that it isn't true. Aisha you meathead.
Sep 21, 2019 12:59 PM

Mar 2010
Ares is really a meathead in this adaption
I am just going to ignore the harem moments lol
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2019

116 by Donkunsan »»
Feb 27, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2019

188 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 10:07 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2019

167 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 9:28 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2019

125 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 9:04 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2019

139 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 8:43 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.