Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Sep 20, 2019 7:25 PM

Oct 2009
heg said:
just activate our suspension of disbelief for shonen shows dudes lol

THIS. RIGHT. HERE. 👆
Like, maybe it's not an actual science documentary? Maybe it doesn't have to be absolutely accurate in every little detail? Heck, it even says so at the end of every single episode:
This is a work of fiction [...] based on reality.
Based on reality, but not actual reality. Same thing when Hollywood decides to make a movie about some dead people found in a weird location somehwere with no actual explanation on how they died - and spins it into a horror with a maniacal serial killer or an alien monster or a ghost or whatever else.
Come on. If you haven't jumped off the train where this kid stayed alive for 3700 years inside a stone shell, forcing himself to be awake by counting the passing seconds, surely you should be able to overlook much smaller inaccuracies and just enjoy the series. People go on about how tropes and stereotypes and yelling get tiring so fast - the same is true for harping on nitpicked inaccuracies and impossibilities.
yellowheartrenSep 20, 2019 7:30 PM
Sep 20, 2019 7:37 PM

Jul 2012
Until know I thought that the antibiotic will be just a stepping stone, but looking at the pace and episode count I assume it's pretty much the endgoal?
Awesome signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 20, 2019 8:09 PM

Oct 2017
HDVision said:
Until know I thought that the antibiotic will be just a stepping stone, but looking at the pace and episode count I assume it's pretty much the endgoal?

I think so. The rest of the missing components are:

Sep 20, 2019 8:22 PM
May 2019
Lel0uchZer0 said:
MariusMan said:
So slow pace, but i love it anyway

I don't find it slow. I mean it makes sense in the context of the anime
Plus senku is fascinating to watch
i know senku is brilliant but every episode is the same, a new thing for the medicine
Sep 20, 2019 8:28 PM

Jul 2016
Word of the wise: Those gas masks would have not helped much. Way to much exposed areas, namely the eyes. Theirs a reason so many soldiers in WW1 went blind for periods of time. Sulfuric Acid, and any of it's components in the gas form are dangerous as heck.
Sep 20, 2019 8:55 PM

Mar 2014
Vooo said:
They are making penacillin, why does Senku need all these extra ingredients? alterior motives? Is he the real villain?
Did you miss the part where Senku explained that penicillin is a mold that was discovered by accident and it would be nearly impossible for them to find again in time to save Ruri? They need all those chemicals to make the alternative to penicillin: sulfa drugs
Sep 20, 2019 9:57 PM

May 2019
A very suspenseful episode. Some really good character development going on, and the plot progression is fulfilling.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Sep 20, 2019 10:32 PM

Oct 2017
A lot of people don't know shit about Chemistry yet they criticised this show "so stupid". Just google how toxic, dangerous H2S, SO2, SO3 is. And making protective mask is the best way to deal with any type of toxic gas. "Just hold your breath!" lol. People can only hold their breath for like 3-5 minutes at best. People who deal with H2SO4 need to be extremely careful and not at rush since that shit can literally get you burnt heavily if you touch it.
Sep 20, 2019 11:35 PM
Nov 2015
ttcchen said:
Audinga23 said:
YOU SAY IS SO SHOW ME AT LEAST ONE WHO CAN DO IT ... to only say there its not enough we need facts dude XD facts doesnt care about your opinion ma friend ...show teh person or video who p actually pulled it off then i say ok you right ..but now you just shit talker thats all
no body is gonna post a vid of them holding a stick with another person dangling on the other end of it. fact is humans that strong exist. get it through your thick skull. also, don't quote me three times.
its just your opinion do you even know that 50 kg weigh droping down from one meter when he reach ground wiegts 10 times more? so 50 kg weig at the time of impact it hits ground with 500kg force ? so you want say that gumans posible to catch such wieight with sticks ...ok dude you won just go watch anime more :) evry meter of droping velocity weight increases 10 times .. so yeah do the match or go back to school.
striperrelaSep 20, 2019 11:39 PM
Sep 20, 2019 11:50 PM

Apr 2018
Well... That was chilling.

    I'm not lazy...
      I'm just very unproductive.

Sep 20, 2019 11:50 PM

Apr 2018
Sr_N said:
HDVision said:

I think so. The rest of the missing components are:

I wonder if they'll take a quick detour to make Cola when they get to the carbonic acid stage

    I'm not lazy...
      I'm just very unproductive.

Sep 21, 2019 12:26 AM

May 2019
still waiting for the cola
Living for the day i see animes of:

-Under Night In-Birth
-Atelier Arland and Mysterious series
Love Live! Perfect Dream Project (WE GOT THIS ONE :D)
Sep 21, 2019 12:38 AM
Oct 2007
This episode is full of shonen moments lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 21, 2019 2:54 AM

Sep 2016
Yoo those nasty fairy's face is disturbing
Sep 21, 2019 3:45 AM
Aug 2017
ElZavier said:
Dr Stone : "SULPHUR IS EXTREMELY DANGEROUS IT WILL KILL YOU IN SECONDS!!!!!!"

Kawah Ijen Sulphur Miners : "Hold my pick axe"

Seriously, is sulphur THAT dangerous?, i knew it's dengerous but not THAT deadly since i live in Indonesia where it's common to mine those thing especially in Kawah Ijen where they mine it on daily basis.

It's easier to breathe in Sulfur when it's in the air floating around you than when it's a solid mineral..
It might be common in the place you live, but still extremely dangerous (since, as you know not only from dr. stone, the best bet of finding solid sulfur is around a volcano). Just google up "mining sulfur in indonesia" and check out some top results.
Sep 21, 2019 3:48 AM
Dec 2014
Just skipped around the dialogue this episode.

This pacing is so slow. From beginning to end all they did was make gas masks and get sulfuric acid. They mixed in enough melodramatic drama and flashbacks to make it poisonous to watch though.
Sep 21, 2019 4:17 AM

Jan 2018
> Ginro's taunt against Kinro about that spear. It was amusing.
> I really like those gas masks. They look cool.
> Chrome proving himself that he and Senku will make science great again.

Love it or hate it, Dr. Stone is making me interested in science again. That's what I can say about it.

Sep 21, 2019 5:03 AM

Jul 2017
Ginro finally got his silver spear, but it is not like what he envisioned it to be. Looks like Senku's next step is to make sulfur drugs, plus the thought of sulfuric acid is quite deadly as well.

An expedition to find sulfuric acid may turn heads from the usual that Mother Nature is 100% unpredictable of. And in the case of Senku's death, Chrome is dealt the knowledge of science of 2 million years, too soon maybe? But it is a gamble for the future. And of course, Chrome being himself, doesn't back down from a challenge that involves death, but rather, teamwork. And Kohaku has a duty too, similar in ambitions.

Gas masks to take in the sulfur onee-sama "demon", and trembling in the name of science. There's many risks in scientific research and improvement, but for the future, conquer that fear to keep safe and move on. And Ginro took that shot to save Chrome from the impending accídent and overcome his fears to acquire sulfuric acid.

It's been 3 months since this started, and I'd have to say this quality has held up constantly well! Onward to the 2nd cour of this series!
Sep 21, 2019 5:35 AM
Nov 2008
best ep. of dr.stone feelings and friendship.

i loved it
Sep 21, 2019 7:43 AM
Jan 2016
Senku and Chrome relationship as friends has increased, was amazing how Chrome made senku realize that would be better if they go gather the sulfuric acid together!

We got to know more about why Kohaku chosed to be that way!

We got some cute shots about Kohaku, she is so pretty!

That ending scared me, but i was expecting Ginro to save Chrome!
Sep 21, 2019 11:46 AM

Oct 2017
Lelouch0202 said:

aLotQuestion_ said:
To be honest, I don't understand how this work.
From what I saw, they just don't need to breath during the process.
They could have just:
1. Hold their breath, there are primitive people, someone should have better stamina to hold their breath and find this someone to help.
2. Make a long (glass)pipe and pump the acid out from a safe distance.
Why no one has thought about that? Am I fundamentally wrong about logic?

I don't think holding their breath would work, you would definitely end up inhaling a little bit of air but yeah I actually wondered about the second thing too. If they could've just created some kind of pump which probably would've worked fine. Maybe they just didn't have the means to do it or create a long enough pipe for that matter.

They could cover their whole faces to prevent accidental inhaling. Melon girl already has the equipment :P
Or just use a fishing pole and tie the jar to it.

Audinga23 said:
ttcchen said:
no body is gonna post a vid of them holding a stick with another person dangling on the other end of it. fact is humans that strong exist. get it through your thick skull. also, don't quote me three times.
its just your opinion do you even know that 50 kg weigh droping down from one meter when he reach ground wiegts 10 times more? so 50 kg weig at the time of impact it hits ground with 500kg force ? so you want say that gumans posible to catch such wieight with sticks ...ok dude you won just go watch anime more :) evry meter of droping velocity weight increases 10 times .. so yeah do the match or go back to school.

Even if there is a human (or robot) strong enough to try this, the stick would just break while catching the falling body.
Sep 21, 2019 11:53 AM

Dec 2016
That was a close call! o_o; I thought Chrome will be done for, and if not for Ginro, it would be Game Over for sure. Acid Sulfuric is a very dangerous chemical...

Great episode as always!

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Sep 21, 2019 1:10 PM
Jul 2018
Nice episode. They dragged the sulfuric acid part too long though. In the manga things sometimes go very fast but this didn't feel like it should occupy the whole episode. Animation still looks lacking in some areas but still OK. This is a problem I have with the manga too but sometimes the profile views of the girls look so bad. Kohaku is an attractive girl, but the face profile looks so bad....
Sep 21, 2019 1:13 PM
Jul 2019
It was one of most intense eposode of the series.
Sep 21, 2019 1:41 PM

Mar 2016
It appears there are a lot of people who have misunderstood some of the finer aspects of the chemistry in this episode, so as someone who has actually studied chemistry for 5 years and stood in the lab working with all of these chemicals, let me clear up some of the misunderstandings.

1. Sulphuric acid
The chemical they're trying to get is dissolved in the lake's water - sulphuric acid (H2SO4). It's a liquid, and even in its concentrated form, you would have no problem holding your face just centimeters above the surface and taking deep breaths - because sulphuric acid is not very volatile, the concentration of the acid in the vapor is negligible (at room temperature and normal pressure). There is also fuming sulphuric acid (also referred to as oleum), which is sulfur trioxide dissolved in H2SO4 - but that's not the same thing, although it would admittedly fit closer to what was depicted in the episode.
If you touch concentrated sulphuric acid, it will burn your skin and, if not washed off with copious amounts of water, will cause serious damage within 10 seconds. Nothing fatal, though, and a small splash actually eating through the pipe on Senkuu's gas mask within seconds is complete bullshit. I've had drops of concentrated sulphuric acid on my clothing and often you don't even notice until you wash them, because that's when the weak fibers actually break and holes show up.
Through all this, I've only talked about concentrated sulphuric acid, which is 95%. You would never actually encounter this in nature, though. The concentrations in actual acid lakes are much more dilute, and thus the effects of exposure will be significantly weaker, to the point where you can touch the water and be completely fine if you casually go to wash your hands afterwards.

2. Sulfur
Sulfur is just the pure Element S. It's a yellow solid and not really dangerous in any way. You can touch it, lick it, even swallow it and be completely fine. If you eat a crystal of sulfur, it'll just come out the other end the same way it came in - because it doesn't react with anything in your stomach or intestine. It was not relevant in this episode at all, and was neither mentioned nor depicted.

2. The actual gases in this episode
There are 2 gases that are dangerous and common enough to be relvant here, one of which is mentioned in the episode. That one is Hydrogen sulfide (H2S), a highly toxic gas. The depiction of the silver turning black is a reference to the reaction of H2S with silver, which forms black Silver sulfide. There are 2 major flaws within the presentation in the episode. The first is the reaction of the characters. H2S smells. Really really bad. The stink is very bad even at concentrations so low they wouldn't even be close to being considered dangerous. If you've ever smelled rotten eggs, a burp on an upset stomach or a smelly fart - that's miniscule concentrations of H2S (among some other compounds). There is literally no way they could have approached an area with lethal levels of H2S without noticing the odor. The second flaw is again concentration. The depiction with the black spear makes it seem like one inch the air is completely fine while the next it's lethal - that's simply impossible due to diffusion and convection. What they would really have observed is the whole spear tip gradually turning blacker over time. It is possible for the gas to accumulate because of its density, though, which was correctly referenced in the episode.
I personally cannot confirm it because I've never gone that far, but we were told that when the H2S concentrations approach lethal levels, you actually stop smelling it. We were under strict instructions to evacuate immediately if we were to stop smelling when working with H2S.

The second gas that could be relevant here sulfur dioxide (SO2). I won't go too far into detail with this, but I will say that the reaction of the characters is again incoherent. Unlike H2S, SO2 won't kill you immediately if you breathe in too much of it, but it is highly irritating and will send you into a coughing fit. If someone were to approach an area with lethal levels of SO2, they would be coughing their lungs out way before they actually got there. It is quite similar in behaviour and toxicity to NOx, in that it will dissolve in water to form an acid, in this case H2SO3 (notably NOT sulphuric acid).

No, the episode is not realistic, but it is also not entirely false (gas accumulating in holes or craters is a very real danger - that's where the saying "canary in the coal mine" has its origin, as they were allegedly used as a "gas sensor" by miners). I think it's a Shounen anime and therefore a bit of negligience and some dramatic overstatement is completely acceptable, small inaccuracies like that are in pretty much every episode of the show. However, it is blatantly obvious that the writers of the manga have never actually encountered these gases in real life. Or if they did, they haven't taken a breath.

The most bullshit thing in this episode by far was Ginro being able to hold onto that Spear with Chrome at the tip. That's some grade A gravity defiance right there.
KnockatorSep 21, 2019 2:00 PM
Sep 21, 2019 1:55 PM

Dec 2014
this episode was something alright
Sep 21, 2019 3:08 PM

Jul 2019
hell yeah chrome and senku are now an actual team and not just a subordinate
Sep 21, 2019 6:25 PM
Mar 2015
Acquired H2SO4 at the risk of life and limb Isn't science wonderful
Sep 21, 2019 10:11 PM

Nov 2014
Audinga23 said:
ttcchen said:
1. anime's known for exaggerating things 2. wood is stronger than you think 3. yes humans are capable of this feat. stop underestimating us humans, you alien. 4. fix ur typos
Sep 21, 2019 11:20 PM

Nov 2012
I'm learning more science from Dr Stone than I ever did in school.
Sep 22, 2019 12:20 AM

Oct 2008
each time I watch every episode of Dr. Stone is brings me happiness and a smile because of how awesome the OST and the execution that the staff made this show!
5/5.

Sep 22, 2019 12:38 AM

Jul 2016
My man Chrome can't be this cool! I'm having so much respect for this guy right now.

Well, leaving aside realism issues, I think this was a great episode in terms of enjoyment. I really liked the exchange of words both Senkuu and Chrome had as well as the bond they have developed so far.

On the other hand, seeing Ginrou finally growing some balls was a quite pleasant moment to see, figuratively speaking. Honestly, his general laid-back and cowardly attitude was starting to piss me off so I appreciate he could show another side of his character this time.

By the way, what nice way to represent Ginrou's hallucination and subsequent fear due to the poisonous gas. I really liked that fairy/siren analogy.

Oh, and on a side note, yeah... Ginrou being able to hold Chrome with the spear was quite unrealistic but come on, this scene is from the same show which has a guy who can run faster than boars and kill lions with one punch. Most shounen usually tend to have this lack of logic at some point and I'm sure there will be scenes even more absurd than this one so don't overthink it too much.
Sep 22, 2019 1:06 AM

May 2018
Loved this episode so much, especially that this is an another life threatening situation. Ginro's imaginary image on sulfuric acid was funny. I really like life threatening situation here in Dr. Stone, maybe because the situation was realistic than just fighting.

Sep 22, 2019 1:07 AM

May 2018
Loved this episode so much, especially that this is an another life threatening situation. Ginro's imaginary image on sulfuric acid was funny. I really like life threatening situation here in Dr. Stone, maybe because the situation was realistic than just fighting.

Sep 22, 2019 1:09 AM

May 2018

Sep 22, 2019 1:23 AM

Jan 2018
aLotQuestion_ said:
To be honest, I don't understand how this work.
From what I saw, they just don't need to breath during the process.
They could have just:
1. Hold their breath, there are primitive people, someone should have better stamina to hold their breath and find this someone to help.
2. Make a long (glass)pipe and pump the acid out from a safe distance.
Why no one has thought about that? Am I fundamentally wrong about logic?

probable answers to your questions
1. yeah, sure you can hold your breath, but considering they're collecting a large volume of sulfuric acid, I don't think 20-40 seconds of air in your lungs is enough
2. they don't have a pump to use
Sep 22, 2019 3:19 AM

Jul 2016
Knockator said:
It appears there are a lot of people who have misunderstood some of the finer aspects of the chemistry in this episode, so as someone who has actually studied chemistry for 5 years and stood in the lab working with all of these chemicals, let me clear up some of the misunderstandings.

1. Sulphuric acid
The chemical they're trying to get is dissolved in the lake's water - sulphuric acid (H2SO4). It's a liquid, and even in its concentrated form, you would have no problem holding your face just centimeters above the surface and taking deep breaths - because sulphuric acid is not very volatile, the concentration of the acid in the vapor is negligible (at room temperature and normal pressure). There is also fuming sulphuric acid (also referred to as oleum), which is sulfur trioxide dissolved in H2SO4 - but that's not the same thing, although it would admittedly fit closer to what was depicted in the episode.
If you touch concentrated sulphuric acid, it will burn your skin and, if not washed off with copious amounts of water, will cause serious damage within 10 seconds. Nothing fatal, though, and a small splash actually eating through the pipe on Senkuu's gas mask within seconds is complete bullshit. I've had drops of concentrated sulphuric acid on my clothing and often you don't even notice until you wash them, because that's when the weak fibers actually break and holes show up.
Through all this, I've only talked about concentrated sulphuric acid, which is 95%. You would never actually encounter this in nature, though. The concentrations in actual acid lakes are much more dilute, and thus the effects of exposure will be significantly weaker, to the point where you can touch the water and be completely fine if you casually go to wash your hands afterwards.

2. Sulfur
Sulfur is just the pure Element S. It's a yellow solid and not really dangerous in any way. You can touch it, lick it, even swallow it and be completely fine. If you eat a crystal of sulfur, it'll just come out the other end the same way it came in - because it doesn't react with anything in your stomach or intestine. It was not relevant in this episode at all, and was neither mentioned nor depicted.

2. The actual gases in this episode
There are 2 gases that are dangerous and common enough to be relvant here, one of which is mentioned in the episode. That one is Hydrogen sulfide (H2S), a highly toxic gas. The depiction of the silver turning black is a reference to the reaction of H2S with silver, which forms black Silver sulfide. There are 2 major flaws within the presentation in the episode. The first is the reaction of the characters. H2S smells. Really really bad. The stink is very bad even at concentrations so low they wouldn't even be close to being considered dangerous. If you've ever smelled rotten eggs, a burp on an upset stomach or a smelly fart - that's miniscule concentrations of H2S (among some other compounds). There is literally no way they could have approached an area with lethal levels of H2S without noticing the odor. The second flaw is again concentration. The depiction with the black spear makes it seem like one inch the air is completely fine while the next it's lethal - that's simply impossible due to diffusion and convection. What they would really have observed is the whole spear tip gradually turning blacker over time. It is possible for the gas to accumulate because of its density, though, which was correctly referenced in the episode.
I personally cannot confirm it because I've never gone that far, but we were told that when the H2S concentrations approach lethal levels, you actually stop smelling it. We were under strict instructions to evacuate immediately if we were to stop smelling when working with H2S.

The second gas that could be relevant here sulfur dioxide (SO2). I won't go too far into detail with this, but I will say that the reaction of the characters is again incoherent. Unlike H2S, SO2 won't kill you immediately if you breathe in too much of it, but it is highly irritating and will send you into a coughing fit. If someone were to approach an area with lethal levels of SO2, they would be coughing their lungs out way before they actually got there. It is quite similar in behaviour and toxicity to NOx, in that it will dissolve in water to form an acid, in this case H2SO3 (notably NOT sulphuric acid).

No, the episode is not realistic, but it is also not entirely false (gas accumulating in holes or craters is a very real danger - that's where the saying "canary in the coal mine" has its origin, as they were allegedly used as a "gas sensor" by miners). I think it's a Shounen anime and therefore a bit of negligience and some dramatic overstatement is completely acceptable, small inaccuracies like that are in pretty much every episode of the show. However, it is blatantly obvious that the writers of the manga have never actually encountered these gases in real life. Or if they did, they haven't taken a breath.

The most bullshit thing in this episode by far was Ginro being able to hold onto that Spear with Chrome at the tip. That's some grade A gravity defiance right there.

I did laugh at the spear part.
Sep 22, 2019 8:48 AM

Jan 2013
Damn, so much danger and hard work just to get sulfuric acid. It was hard but they still made it!!

Chrome was really badass in this episode!
"Aren't you and they entrusting your lives to each other? If i'm your friend, neither higher or lower than you, it's ont "i'll protect you.".
What a line!

And then Kohaku offering herself to Chrome instead her sister ahahahaha But we all know that Kohaku is reserved for Senku haha

Love how the old guy made randomly a gas mask xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 22, 2019 8:49 AM

Jan 2013
Benphyre said:
We didn't have much focus on Kohaku again this week but we get to see a bit of her backstory and see her in tears. Kohaku's tree branch scenes were awesome and I guess it is pretty obvious which is my favorite.

Anyway the collage for this week

And the full collage

You are amazing, thank you! haha
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 22, 2019 9:29 AM

Apr 2013
Benphyre said:
We didn't have much focus on Kohaku again this week but we get to see a bit of her backstory and see her in tears. Kohaku's tree branch scenes were awesome and I guess it is pretty obvious which is my favorite.

Anyway the collage for this week

And the full collage
that's one big collage, I think you could start the collage exand on sides instead of making it longer since it's 12 eps 12 eps on both sides would be nice.
Sep 22, 2019 2:35 PM
Jan 2019
Ahhh! Exciting episode, my heart was about to get out of fright with the final part. Wow That scared me, but thanks to Ginro they were able to get out of that dangerous situation. Senku is very ingenious, he used the materials he had to create gas masks, and although they were not 100% safe, Senku and Chrome decided to trust their lives and risk it together to overcome a great obstacle of science, really, they are incredible and brave, also Ginro, who overcame his terror and was helping them. They are no longer just science partners, they have become friends 😁.
Sep 22, 2019 2:48 PM

Sep 2008
This is an anime where a guy killed a lion with one hit and people are getting so deeply into sulfuric acid toxicity :D

Just kidding, it's shit like this that makes this anime interesting. That's what discussion should be :)

Really enjoying this show. It's far from perfect, but hot damn, it's fun as hell to watch.

And Kohaku is simply the best <3
Sep 22, 2019 10:20 PM

Jul 2012
Idk if I'm just in a bad mood but I didn't enjoy this episode that much, the evil sulfur woman was so bizarre to watch. It felt kind of abstract. I do appreciate seeing the Senku / Chrome friendship grow tho.
Sep 23, 2019 5:10 AM
Oct 2007
Vooo said:
They are making penacillin, why does Senku need all these extra ingredients? alterior motives? Is he the real villain?

Not making Penicillin. He had decided that it was to hard or dangerous or something to get the right mold to make penicillin https://www.aaaai.org/conditions-and-treatments/conditions-dictionary/sulfite-sulfa
Sep 23, 2019 6:07 AM

Nov 2012
That was an amazing episode love the design of their gas masks and starting to like chrome even more. Can't wait to we see more of Tsukasa though :))
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Sep 23, 2019 6:20 AM

Sep 2010
MariusMan said:
So slow pace, but i love it anyway

Think that if they took on a faster pace the show would loose part of its charm and the scientific parts would seem less realistic

So with this one, I'm actually enjoying the slow pace
Sep 23, 2019 5:34 PM
May 2016
ttcchen said:
MenchiK1 said:

Seriously they built gas masks! How is that not over complicating and over dramatizing it? All they would have had to do is stand above it and make a simple siphon, they have glass so it wouldn't dissolve in the acid.

and how long is that going to take to make? A long ass glass tube thats like what 20 meters long? Making a gas mask is way faster AND easier. It's also rather simple and logical too. Breath=die. so solution? Don't breath=don't die. Even a grade schooler can understand it.

The tube doesn't have to be glass just the end, the rest can be something like bamboo.
So to answer your question a hell of a lot less time than making gas masks.
Or should I dumb it down to grade schooler level? Remember how you used to pick up some pop by putting your finger over the end of the straw? Like that.
Sep 23, 2019 7:24 PM

Jun 2019
It was interesting to see Senku get shaken up when collecting the sulfuric acid. I always found him ballsy n brave
Sep 24, 2019 12:12 AM
Aug 2017
HOLY SHIT!! damn that was a great episode. Feels so good to watch awesome anime after a tiring week of work, something to look forward to
Sep 24, 2019 4:29 AM
Jul 2018
Woohoo! Ginro best boy!

I miss Taiju and Yuzuriha...
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2019

150 by anshumankrsingh »»
Apr 7, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2019

196 by anshumankrsingh »»
Apr 6, 6:28 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2019

486 by Luban1 »»
Mar 18, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Syureria - Dec 13, 2019

335 by Matchappie »»
Mar 5, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2019

161 by Matchappie »»
Mar 5, 5:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.