Forum Settings
Forums

Skipping school/work for anime did you do it and your opinion?

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
#1
Sep 20, 12:31 AM
King JJ

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 4114
Im watching fairy tail right now so sorry if i don't reply but i decided to skip school for 1 week to watch anime.

I watched around 29 complete anime in 2 years and my love for anime has sparked again after i got wrist tendonitus thus couldn't game and ended up watching Anime. After roughly a week my love has come back and will try to binge the ENTIRETY of the new fairy tail season before monday.

I went to school for 2 classes yesterday but outside of that i skipped all this week and gonna skip today as well just to binge Fairy Tail.
Enough about myself.

What do you think about skipping school/work for the medium you love the most? Did you ever do it if you did do you regret it?
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. https://discord.gg/rRn6Jy3 if u want me to face reveal ask in pm
 
#2
Sep 20, 12:35 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 1776
That has to be stupid thing to do unless you are smart enough and doesn't need to go to school to study and can still catch up, then I guess it's fine. There's more to life than anime.
Modified by Gorochu, Sep 20, 12:44 AM
My Wife is a Demon Queen
 
#3
Sep 20, 12:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 129
I've never done it, and it's a stupid thing to do. You could have watched it anytime but lessons you skipped are lost for ever. I hope you're doing great in school and you can afford it.
 
#4
Sep 20, 12:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 868
Dumb idea.

We're in 2019 where you can stream anime anywhere at anytime (provided you have decent internet).
Anime will be there for you. School/work won't.

Skipping work for anime lmao... there's money to be made.
Imagine wasting PTO when you could use it for an actual vacation.
Modified by Reina_Orikasa, Sep 20, 12:42 AM


If every site and their grandmother is adding subscription fees, the only winner is piracy. Nobody is going to pay for all of that.
 
#5
Sep 20, 12:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 343
In the end, nothing matters. more than 90% of things we are taught in school doesn't matter for the job we will end up doing. so whatever. just go for it.
Just complete that school, even if it's with bad grades. When you get your papers, to your employer it won't matter if you got good or bad grades. Except if you want to continue going to school after you finish this one, then don't skip it.
 
#6
Sep 20, 1:03 AM
Online
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 72
If I feel like I want to meet my friends I'll go to school but if I feel like I want to be alone I'll skip school and watch anime instead. But obviously my parents won't let me do that.

Skipping work is a no-no.
 
#7
Sep 20, 1:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 112
I mean I just finished doing some of the most important exams in school before the summer and I didn't revise at all because I was too busy Watching Anime

XD

 
#8
Sep 20, 1:16 AM
*sips coffee*

Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 1732
Nah, don't listen to these guys. Just drop out of school and watch anime instead. I'm sure you'll be fine.

 
#9
Sep 20, 1:25 AM

Online
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 626
I wouldn’t skip work to watch an anime. I need that $! On the other hand, I used to skip class in high school or just stay up extremely late watching anime. I don’t regret it. Since I’m in university now, high school grades don’t matter. Back then watching anime was the most enjoyable thing in my life. Honestly if you’re happy with anime and you’re still preparing on some way for the future, you can do what you want. I wouldn’t skip work or school now... and I’ve learned to also not have my life consumed by anime too. Just try to balance it out.
 
Sep 20, 1:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 1181
Not for anime, but I did for World of Warcraft multiple times. I don't regret it. Everything turned out fine both in school and in WoW.

I remember hurrying back from school to read new Bleach and Naruto chapters though.
 
Sep 20, 1:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 3170
Lol, I'm totally guilty of doing this on numerous occasions. Since I happen to enjoy my anime late at night (I'm talking 1-5 am here), there were often times where I would accidentally overdo it and that would leave me pretty wasted so I'd just feign sickness or whatever suits the moment.

God, the creeking sound of my parent's door opening then is absolutely horrifying xD.

(No wonder why I'm repeating last year of high school but let's leave that for another time)
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni


 
Sep 20, 1:51 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 877
I wanted to as a kid but never did, and now it just seems like an awful thing to teach yourself to do. Having your hobby actually be a detriment to your life isn't something to want to become a regular part of your life.

Also, are you in high school or college? Skipping college for this is EXTRA dumb because not only are you an adult, but even just a week of college is a lot of crap to learn and would put you behind.
 
Sep 20, 2:40 AM
King JJ

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 4114

OnionKnightRises said:
I wanted to as a kid but never did, and now it just seems like an awful thing to teach yourself to do. Having your hobby actually be a detriment to your life isn't something to want to become a regular part of your life.

Also, are you in high school or college? Skipping college for this is EXTRA dumb because not only are you an adult, but even just a week of college is a lot of crap to learn and would put you behind.

Gorochu said:
That has to be stupid thing to do unless you are smart enough and doesn't need to go to school to study and can still catch up, then I guess it's fine. There's more to life than anime.


I am studying below my level (no arrogance) for me going to class is just a waste of time. I dont learn.

Simply reading the textbook gives me enough knowledge and do the hardest exercise off the chapter and i can do it
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. https://discord.gg/rRn6Jy3 if u want me to face reveal ask in pm
 
Sep 20, 3:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 4904
Takamura-sama said:

OnionKnightRises said:
I wanted to as a kid but never did, and now it just seems like an awful thing to teach yourself to do. Having your hobby actually be a detriment to your life isn't something to want to become a regular part of your life.

Also, are you in high school or college? Skipping college for this is EXTRA dumb because not only are you an adult, but even just a week of college is a lot of crap to learn and would put you behind.

Gorochu said:
That has to be stupid thing to do unless you are smart enough and doesn't need to go to school to study and can still catch up, then I guess it's fine. There's more to life than anime.


I am studying below my level (no arrogance) for me going to class is just a waste of time. I dont learn.

Simply reading the textbook gives me enough knowledge and do the hardest exercise off the chapter and i can do it

Yeah, but school isn't only about the stuff you learn. You should go regularly to become reliable and get used to a certain routine in life. You can't skip work, because you feel like watching anime would be more fun now, either. Going to school IS actually your work place, especially if you aren't doing anything else.
I mean, I skipped a few days too every year, but eeh... shouldn't have done it?
 
Sep 20, 3:01 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 877
Takamura-sama said:

OnionKnightRises said:
I wanted to as a kid but never did, and now it just seems like an awful thing to teach yourself to do. Having your hobby actually be a detriment to your life isn't something to want to become a regular part of your life.

Also, are you in high school or college? Skipping college for this is EXTRA dumb because not only are you an adult, but even just a week of college is a lot of crap to learn and would put you behind.

Gorochu said:
That has to be stupid thing to do unless you are smart enough and doesn't need to go to school to study and can still catch up, then I guess it's fine. There's more to life than anime.


I am studying below my level (no arrogance) for me going to class is just a waste of time. I dont learn.

Simply reading the textbook gives me enough knowledge and do the hardest exercise off the chapter and i can do it

That's still setting a bad precedent. Convince yourself it's okay, and it'll probably happen again but potentially when you're in a class that actually matters, not to mention someone had to pay for your class, whether you, your family, or your country.
 
Sep 20, 3:03 AM
King JJ

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 4114
Maneki-Mew said:
Takamura-sama said:




I am studying below my level (no arrogance) for me going to class is just a waste of time. I dont learn.

Simply reading the textbook gives me enough knowledge and do the hardest exercise off the chapter and i can do it

Yeah, but school isn't only about the stuff you learn. You should go regularly to become reliable and get used to a certain routine in life. You can't skip work, because you feel like watching anime would be more fun now, either. Going to school IS actually your work place, especially if you aren't doing anything else.
I mean, I skipped a few days too every year, but eeh... shouldn't have done it?


i never skipped my new work yet. School yeah, but fuck school.
At my old job yeah i skipped every month a few times.

Look, I want to complete fairy tail in 3 days.

Im on episode 19 now (opening is playing) and i think last ep is 50 or 49 so i have a lot of grinding to do.
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. https://discord.gg/rRn6Jy3 if u want me to face reveal ask in pm
 
Sep 20, 3:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2018
Posts: 226
I have never skip school to watch anime as I'm not so good in studies but I skip my works and my spend my holidays on anime.

 
Sep 20, 3:09 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 94
It's not a good idea, but I remember doing this myself when I was in school, so who am I to say...

Think I was watching Code Geass, so can blame me



ಠ_ಠ



Congratulations, you have found the One Piece ;)


 
Sep 20, 3:30 AM
King JJ

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 4114
Zeusico said:
It's not a good idea, but I remember doing this myself when I was in school, so who am I to say...

Think I was watching Code Geass, so can blame me


Lol i skip every week at least 1 class xD
Im just very lazy
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. https://discord.gg/rRn6Jy3 if u want me to face reveal ask in pm
 
Sep 20, 3:45 AM
Forum Moderator
Online
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 2298
No, i've never been that addicted to something.
We can be happy, when the cicadas cry.
 
Sep 20, 3:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 19
I don't suggested it as I use stay up late till 1 or 2am ( as I usually start watching anime late) so I would only get around 5 - 6 hours of sleep but luckily this was in intermediate(middle school) so grades didn't exactly matter and I still did fine but I would always feel tired right after school.
F
 
Sep 20, 3:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 42
Fast-track to ruining your life.
Go for it

tbh when I was in school I skipped classes everyday for no reason at all, so I can't judge
Modified by llimdaert_hpue, Sep 20, 4:02 AM
 
Sep 20, 4:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 236
No. Entertainment has to be reserved only for free time.
I really enjoy those "helicopter ride" memes
 
Sep 20, 4:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 63
Cause I Only Skipped Classes Because of Computer Games Thats All >_<
 
Sep 20, 4:42 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 4
Never did it, but I wish I did. School is useless.
 
Sep 20, 5:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 3162
I didn't miss classes since high school, so the answer is clear.


 
Sep 20, 5:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 746
I actually never did it myself since my mom would burn me in acid.. But I don't think it is definitely a bad thing.. I don't see a problem if it doesn't become a habit.
Also you have to be able to catch up or u are fucked lol.
 
Sep 20, 5:34 AM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 31566
No, I needed my time in school to replenish sleep that I lost the night before because I was binging anime or TV Series until 4am.

Aesthetic value can be recognized or experienced, but it cannot be conveyed to those who are incapable of grasping its sensations and perceptions. To quarrel on its behalf is always a blunder.
 
Sep 20, 5:37 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 107
Takamura-sama said:
Im watching fairy tail right now so sorry if i don't reply but i decided to skip school for 1 week to watch anime.

I watched around 29 complete anime in 2 years and my love for anime has sparked again after i got wrist tendonitus thus couldn't game and ended up watching Anime. After roughly a week my love has come back and will try to binge the ENTIRETY of the new fairy tail season before monday.

I went to school for 2 classes yesterday but outside of that i skipped all this week and gonna skip today as well just to binge Fairy Tail.
Enough about myself.

What do you think about skipping school/work for the medium you love the most? Did you ever do it if you did do you regret it?

smells like a loser. no seriously why would you even done that?? it's not like i never skipped school before, but skipping class for something like that is just... i don't know how the education system works in your country but letting the students to do that is irresponsible. did they didn't ask your parents at all? at least if you don't like school don't go entirely, just drop out so you can find other thing that suits you better. i mean, i didn't go to university and went to vocational school instead because if i go to university it just waste of 2 years.
 
Sep 20, 5:46 AM
King JJ

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 4114
shirorinkorin said:
Takamura-sama said:
Im watching fairy tail right now so sorry if i don't reply but i decided to skip school for 1 week to watch anime.

I watched around 29 complete anime in 2 years and my love for anime has sparked again after i got wrist tendonitus thus couldn't game and ended up watching Anime. After roughly a week my love has come back and will try to binge the ENTIRETY of the new fairy tail season before monday.

I went to school for 2 classes yesterday but outside of that i skipped all this week and gonna skip today as well just to binge Fairy Tail.
Enough about myself.

What do you think about skipping school/work for the medium you love the most? Did you ever do it if you did do you regret it?

smells like a loser. no seriously why would you even done that?? it's not like i never skipped school before, but skipping class for something like that is just... i don't know how the education system works in your country but letting the students to do that is irresponsible. did they didn't ask your parents at all? at least if you don't like school don't go entirely, just drop out so you can find other thing that suits you better. i mean, i didn't go to university and went to vocational school instead because if i go to university it just waste of 2 years.


Im 19. I go to school by my own choice.
I pay for school.

My parents arent responsible and nibba idgaf.
I just want to watch anime
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. https://discord.gg/rRn6Jy3 if u want me to face reveal ask in pm
 
Sep 20, 5:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 14777
I never skipped school or work to watch anime, but I watched some anime when I skipped school or work.
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

 
Sep 20, 5:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 17569
No need to do that. Just watch anime in your workplace :)



insert cool edgy lines
shameless self promote
lame poet and quote
 
Sep 20, 5:53 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 107
Takamura-sama said:
shirorinkorin said:

smells like a loser. no seriously why would you even done that?? it's not like i never skipped school before, but skipping class for something like that is just... i don't know how the education system works in your country but letting the students to do that is irresponsible. did they didn't ask your parents at all? at least if you don't like school don't go entirely, just drop out so you can find other thing that suits you better. i mean, i didn't go to university and went to vocational school instead because if i go to university it just waste of 2 years.


Im 19. I go to school by my own choice.
I pay for school.

My parents arent responsible and nibba idgaf.
I just want to watch anime

well you are still young, go makes a lot of mistakes so in the future you can realized that what you are doing right now are wasting time and torturing yourself.
 
Sep 20, 5:55 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 107
Onii-chan said:
No need to do that. Just watch anime in your workplace :)

why would you do that if what you are doing in your workplace are making anime (not exactly since it is a game (not like i'm in charge of visual) but okay) XD
 
Sep 20, 6:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 17569
shirorinkorin said:
Onii-chan said:
No need to do that. Just watch anime in your workplace :)

why would you do that if what you are doing in your workplace are making anime (not exactly since it is a game (not like i'm in charge of visual) but okay) XD
My work is not related with anime though. I watch anime/read manga when my boss is not around.



insert cool edgy lines
shameless self promote
lame poet and quote
 
Sep 20, 6:10 AM
King JJ

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 4114
shirorinkorin said:
Takamura-sama said:


Im 19. I go to school by my own choice.
I pay for school.

My parents arent responsible and nibba idgaf.
I just want to watch anime

well you are still young, go makes a lot of mistakes so in the future you can realized that what you are doing right now are wasting time and torturing yourself.


I did this ever since I was 13 and 0 regrets. If i dont need class I wont go.
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. https://discord.gg/rRn6Jy3 if u want me to face reveal ask in pm
 
Sep 20, 6:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 403
uh you always have free time right unless you live in some dystopian authoritarian country
 
Sep 20, 6:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 6286
I like anime, but it's at about the bottom of my to-do list on a day. Only when I have literally nothing else to do, I'll watch some. Can't imagine skipping school or work to watch it, lol.
 
Sep 20, 6:31 AM
King JJ

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 4114
Milennin said:
I like anime, but it's at about the bottom of my to-do list on a day. Only when I have literally nothing else to do, I'll watch some. Can't imagine skipping school or work to watch it, lol.


Thats why you have so few anime watched in 1 month.
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. https://discord.gg/rRn6Jy3 if u want me to face reveal ask in pm
 
Sep 20, 6:38 AM
VMC President

Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 448

MAL cringe level getting on another level
 
Sep 20, 6:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 164
I would constantly skip school/class to play video games or something of the like (It was before I was into anime). I mean luckily for me I never had to study or attend class and still scored extremely well, so I would never say that doing this is actually acceptable behavior.

However, I have never skipped work for anime, but I will request the day off if a game I really enjoy is releasing on a Friday
 
Sep 20, 6:45 AM
God of Anime

Offline
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 114
When I was at higher professional education (HBO) and just not attended some classes (you are not required to), I was playing video games or watchig anime at home. Outside that, not really.

BallisticRiot said:

However, I have never skipped work for anime, but I will request the day off if a game I really enjoy is releasing on a Friday

And yes, this is something I do :)


PlayStation: KoitoTV
Discord: Koito#0001
@Twitch Koito
@Koito91
 
Sep 20, 6:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 189
How would I be able to afford anime figures if I didn't work.

 
Sep 20, 6:55 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 1776
BallisticRiot said:
I would constantly skip school/class to play video games or something of the like (It was before I was into anime). I mean luckily for me I never had to study or attend class and still scored extremely well, so I would never say that doing this is actually acceptable behavior.

However, I have never skipped work for anime, but I will request the day off if a game I really enjoy is releasing on a Friday


I can relate here just recently. I apply annual leave in my company on following Monday during the Friday, Monster Hunter World: Iceborne was released. Applying leave for anime, never done that.
My Wife is a Demon Queen
 
Sep 20, 7:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 370
This isn't a good idea. You can still watch anime in your free time, right? :( As for me when I leave work it doesn't follow me at home. I can relax and not think about it at all. Watching anime after a day of work is the best feeling ever. I never miss work anyway.
 
Sep 20, 7:01 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 2
Me after watching first episode of death note 😅
 
Sep 20, 7:02 AM
King JJ

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 4114
Nubiellee said:
This isn't a good idea. You can still watch anime in your free time, right? :( As for me when I leave work it doesn't follow me at home. I can relax and not think about it at all. Watching anime after a day of work is the best feeling ever. I never miss work anyway.


Yeah but what if you started on a REAALLYY good show and you wanna continue it so badly yet you have school
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. https://discord.gg/rRn6Jy3 if u want me to face reveal ask in pm
 
Sep 20, 7:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 1551
Hell no. Anime should never come before actual obligations. You've already got evenings after school, that's plenty of time for hobbies. If you skipped a week of school for something like anime then you're either an idiot or have something seriously wrong with your head.
 
Sep 20, 7:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 734
Mate stop fucking about and go to school. What do you think nights and weekends are for?
 
Sep 20, 7:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 370
Takamura-sama said:
Nubiellee said:
This isn't a good idea. You can still watch anime in your free time, right? :( As for me when I leave work it doesn't follow me at home. I can relax and not think about it at all. Watching anime after a day of work is the best feeling ever. I never miss work anyway.


Yeah but what if you started on a REAALLYY good show and you wanna continue it so badly yet you have school


I would wait all day to watch that damn anime. Finally coming home to do it is a good feeling too. :3
 
Top
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »