Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 20, 2019 12:05 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
Here's the thing. I have a vacation coming up. 31 day vacation starting Sep 30 and I'm literally going to lay on the couch and watch anime. So I need you guys to help me find good anime with comedy (which I haven't seen yet, check my list) or some long running (but ended) anime which has comedy in it. I don't like drama since they all end the same.
Can be harem, comedy, action, slice of life... you name it but must contain comedy.
Hopefully you guys can help me with this. Thanks.
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
Sep 20, 2019 1:06 AM

Dec 2016
You should definitely Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan. It's one of my favorite comedy animes but it's pretty short. Also give sakamoto desu ga a try.

❝ 𝚈𝚘𝚞'πš›πšŽ πšπš‘πšŽ πš™πš›πš˜πšπšŠπšπš˜πš—πš’πšœπš 𝚘𝚏 πš’πš˜πšžπš› πš˜πš πš— πš•πš’πšπšŽ. ❞
-πšπšŽπš’πšπšŽπš— π™°πš›πšŠπšπšŠπš”πšŠ

My Twitter - Anime Plus - MAL Badges - Add Me

Sep 20, 2019 1:12 AM

Apr 2013
You could watch Dragonball + Dragonball Z if you want something really long.

Short comedy shows I can recommend are:
Medaka Box
Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita.
Haiyore! Nyaruko-san
Kenzen Robo Daimidaler (very ecchi)
Ore, Twintail ni Narimasu.
Akiba's Trip The Animation
Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?
Renai Boukun
Sep 20, 2019 1:20 AM

May 2017
Fairy tail is pretty big on comedy
+ Konosuba but thats 2 seasons
Sep 20, 2019 11:24 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
Many thanks for your replies but I've seen mostly all of them. I actually think I've watched like 96% of all comedy anime available. Propably. But if you have more then I'm more than happy to check them out.
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
Sep 20, 2019 12:48 PM

Aug 2015
I would recommend Nodame Cantabile or Drifters. Both have excellent comedy and have focus on other genres.
Sep 20, 2019 1:58 PM

Jun 2017
it's not entirely comedy but i'm surprised you haven't watched Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu, which I, uh, might happen to like
Sep 20, 2019 2:32 PM

May 2012
https://myanimelist.net/anime/2152/Oh_Edo_Rocket - adapted from a stage play by the screenwriter for Kill la Kill and Gurren Lagann

+Nodame Cantabile
Sep 20, 2019 10:41 PM

Aug 2019
Jewelpet, but only up to Season 5. Season 6 is dark, dramatic, and has little to no humor, while Season 7 only has five episodes worth of actual content.
Sep 21, 2019 12:54 AM
Jun 2014
Try Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei.
Sep 21, 2019 1:41 AM

Jun 2015
Muqali said:
I would recommend Nodame Cantabile or Drifters. Both have excellent comedy and have focus on other genres.

Nodame was great and its pretty long so...
Sep 21, 2019 2:35 AM

Jan 2015
My Teen Romantic Comedy
Sep 21, 2019 11:22 PM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
Many thanks for your replies guys again. I'll check them out. Now I have another "request".
Do you know any kind of anime comedy with characters like Kazuma from Konosuba or something like that. Maybe hard to understand but anime with crazy/funny looking face expression since I like those kind of things. Also great voice acting is a huge plus.

Basically comedy anime with great voice acting and funny faces and stuff like that. I like to laugh. Some of those you alreade recommended might already be like that but MORE please :) I can watch like a 24episode long series in a day during my vacation :P

~ Oe Kintaro
Sep 21, 2019 11:37 PM
Jul 2019
YamTams said:
Also give sakamoto desu ga a try.

sakamoto seconded.
Sep 21, 2019 11:40 PM
Jul 2019
Gintama (well known among comedy and is really long, gets better later with lots of action and drama)
konosuba
Nichijou
Saiki k
Sep 23, 2019 10:38 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
Alright, I appreciate your help guys. I made a list here of anime which you suqqest that I watch during my niice holiday. But I can quess many of you didn't bother to check my animelist and recommended a show I've already seen. Which I don't mind since many of those were great.
But here we go:

Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan – Seen it. Was good and entertaining.
Sakamoto desu ga – Seen it. Was okey but more meh...
Dragonball + Dragonball Z – Not seen. Might watch since it's long but a lot of extra in it so we'll see.
Medaka Box - Not seen. Will give it a try.
Yusibu – Not seen. Sounds like some kind of a loli ecchi which is not my thing but well see.
Haiyore! Nyaruko-san – Not seen. Has a plot that seems predictable but might give a try.
Kenzen Robo Daimidaler – Not seen. ”Hot-blooded high school boy who is mad about big boobs” Sounds great xD Haha
Ore, Twintail ni Narimasu – Not seen. ”Monsters from outer space attack Earth and claim the world's twintails for themselves”. Sure, might be fun to watch.
Akiba's Trip The Animation – Not seen. Sounds just as wierd as twintail but we'll see.
Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka? - Might have seen half maybe? Pretty sure I dropped this but gotta check it up again.
Renai Boukun – Might have dropped this after first ep long time ago. Must check up again.
Fairy tail – Dropped. Wasn't my kind of thing even though I watched 153 episodes of this. :S
Konosuba - Seen it. Loved it.
Kaguya Sama – Seen it. Watched it this summer. Was great.
GTO – Seen it. Long time ago though.
School Rumble – Seen it.
Nodame Cantabile – Not seen. Something didn't get me interested in this when it came out but might give a try.
Drifters – Not seen. Oooh historical. Sounds interesting. Will likely check.
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu – Not seen. But I'm sure I dropped this for some reason. Might give a try again.
Oh! Edo Rocket – Not seen. Oh weird sh*t but has drama apparently in it.. Hmmm.
Kill la Kill – Seen it. Not that good but nice comedy.
Gurren Lagann - Not seen. I'm picky about mecha anime but we'll see.
Jewelpet – Not seen. Shoujo anime huh...
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei – Not seen. Suicidal techer huh. With comedy huh... Alright. Gonna check.
My Teen Romantic Comedy – Seen it. Liked the voice acting.
Gintama – Seen a lot of it then dropped. Liked the comedy parts but hated the serious parts. Hence dropped.
Nichijou – Seen it. It was funny. Gave it a 7/10 though. =/

You can send more suqqestions. Those I might watch and will likely watch will just take a couple of days of my vacation. So more please :P

~ Oe Kintaro
Sep 23, 2019 11:14 AM

Oct 2017
Hey!

Captain Tsubasa 2018 - it's the first one in my mind. Why? Because you seem to like sports anime :)
Hanebado - same as first one, it's not long running but very nicely animated.
Dragon Ball - I don't see this one on your list... it's a bit surprising cause you liked One Punch Man and Goku is similar airhead to Saitama.

Also there is no Fate series on your MAL whyyyy??
The Young Noble of the Field is currently watching - Diamond no Ace: Act II
Misugi-kun is also reading - Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Sep 23, 2019 11:24 PM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
junmisugi said:
Captain Tsubasa 2018 - it's the first one in my mind. Why? Because you seem to like sports anime :)
Dragon Ball - I don't see this one on your list... it's a bit surprising cause you liked One Punch Man and Goku is similar airhead to Saitama.

I can answer those pretty quickly for you :P

1: I don't like football :P I might have watched some anime with that sport but prefer baseball.
2: I'm not that into badminton and this seems more like a chickflick even if it's seinen.
3: Could watch Dragon Ball but can't find a good t**rent and the episode amount isn't the same in MAL as those t**rents.
4: Fate does not have any comedy in the genre so that's pretty obvious.

If you have more suqqestions then please share :P

~ Oe Kintaro
Sep 23, 2019 11:40 PM

Jan 2016
My God.

I've looked through our shared anime and you've seen literally every single Comedy I have rated above a 6.
Man oh man.

The only thing I could possibly suggest you watch which isn't on your list is Gyo which is a "Horror" movie about zombie fish, but my fuck is it hilarious.

Good luck on your search o7
Sep 24, 2019 3:09 AM

Oct 2017
TheBeerMike said:
junmisugi said:

I can answer those pretty quickly for you :P

1: I don't like football :P I might have watched some anime with that sport but prefer baseball.
2: I'm not that into badminton and this seems more like a chickflick even if it's seinen.
3: Could watch Dragon Ball but can't find a good t**rent and the episode amount isn't the same in MAL as those t**rents.
4: Fate does not have any comedy in the genre so that's pretty obvious.

If you have more suqqestions then please share :P

Why not watch it online then? Remember that some parts of Dragon Ball were remastered/reimagined in Dragon Ball Kai and Dragon Ball Kai 2014. This might be a source of those episode counts not matching the ones on MAL.

Btw. yesterday I saw movie Koe no Katachi and I highly recommend it. It's very deep movie that touches feelings.

From anime that comes to my mind is Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

And you saw Baby Steps but didn't saw Tennis no Ouji-sama?
Same you like baseball but didn't saw MIX: Meisei Story?
Sep 24, 2019 3:47 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
BTDee said:
My God.

I've looked through our shared anime and you've seen literally every single Comedy I have rated above a 6.
Man oh man.

The only thing I could possibly suggest you watch which isn't on your list is Gyo which is a "Horror" movie about zombie fish, but my fuck is it hilarious.

Good luck on your search o7

Since I like comedy, I've gone through a lot of anime with that genre. Which now makes me sad since there aren't many left :/

I might check out Gyo though since it's just a movie. Thanks.

junmisugi said:
Why not watch it online then? Remember that some parts of Dragon Ball were remastered/reimagined in Dragon Ball Kai and Dragon Ball Kai 2014. This might be a source of those episode counts not matching the ones on MAL.

Btw. yesterday I saw movie Koe no Katachi and I highly recommend it. It's very deep movie that touches feelings.

From anime that comes to my mind is Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

And you saw Baby Steps but didn't saw Tennis no Ouji-sama?
Same you like baseball but didn't saw MIX: Meisei Story?

Well I might give online watching a chance. Well see.
Koe no Katachi wasn't my kind of a movie, dropped it after 3 minutes. I was like hell no... for some reason. I don't like that something messes up my feelings. Haha.
TT Gurren Lagann is on the suqqestion list above.
Tennis no ouji-sama might be good, will give it a try.
MIX has drama in it and no comedy in the genre which I can see. Comedy is a main reason I watch many shows. Sometimes theres just a little bit of it.

Can say that I prefer comedy with a bit of adventure so it could turn into something wacky and wtf which I love. Also isekai is great depending on what kind. School and slice of life is great too with comedy.

~ Oe Kintaro
Sep 24, 2019 5:05 AM

Jul 2017
I would recommend City Hunter (140 episodes + 1 movie).

Sep 24, 2019 12:15 PM

Oct 2017
But MIX has a lot of comedy elements in it :) and once one of moderators told me here that they can't pick too many "genres" when they are adding new series. Many times they just pick them when they see trailer or read a premise.
Sep 25, 2019 8:42 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
junmisugi said:
But MIX has a lot of comedy elements in it :) and once one of moderators told me here that they can't pick too many "genres" when they are adding new series. Many times they just pick them when they see trailer or read a premise.

It doesn't have comedy on Animedb either which makes it even more sceptical xD but I quess I could give it a try then if you say it has comedy in it :P

~ Oe Kintaro

More topics from this board

» New(ish) Manga Reader in Need of Recommendations!

Wakarimas-en - 8 hours ago

3 by Toha »»
35 minutes ago

» Similar animes to Tengoku Daimakyou ( 1 2 )

Salvaged - Apr 21

67 by Natedog22 »»
3 hours ago

» Planning to watch Sousou no Frieren

WitchDoc - Apr 18

10 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
5 hours ago

» Seeking Recommendations from My "Plan to Watch" List

vansonbee - Apr 19

21 by radrocket »»
6 hours ago

» ntr doujin?

3hitcombo - 11 hours ago

1 by Knighty_IX »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.