Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 19, 2019 8:06 AM

Apr 2010
All about Our Club's HALL OF FAME

EXPLANATION
Since our club's creation, the challenges we offer have grown in number by dozens, our members by hundreds, and as a result the turn-ins by thousands. It's obviously no longer practical to keep a record of everything by hand, and so eventually we automated it. On the Hall of Fame website, you can find which challenges each user has turned in and when, their status, and how many points they've been awarded.

The website also provides some additional features :
- An index for all the challenges offered by the club ;
- Statistics about each user's anime list ;
- Checklists for most challenges that allow users to gauge their progress ;
- Info about each anime (and the challenges they qualify for).

New features get added regularly, so this thread was created to help you keep track of it. (Updates are also regularly announced on our Discord.)

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How often are the turnins added to the Hall of Fame ?
The turnin thread is scanned once a day, around 00:00-01:00 AM UTC.
The front page indicates which turnin was imported last ; if yours was posted before and is somehow still missing, then there was probably a problem importing it. I regularly check the error logs, either to fix bugs, or to report badly-formatted turn-ins to the Invalid Entries thread. In any case, you can use this thread to ask about it.

How often are turnins validated ?
The validation process is quite complex ; each turn in must be checked twice by Inspectors (as reported in the Invalid Entries thread), and then a HoF admin must transcribe those evaluations into the website manually. Depending on how fast the Inspectors progress through their backlog, this can unfortunately take months. Please be patient.

How do turnins for the Official MAL Anime Watching Challenges work ? And the High/Low-Score Challenges ?
Those challenges are special : they have their own turn-in process. If you follow it successfully, then it'll eventually show up on the Hall of Fame (as manually updated by the HoF admins), usually a few weeks later.

Some challenges don't give any points !
For a few challenges, the points they should award haven't been calculated yet. It'll happen eventually, and of course your points will be updated accordingly.

How are checklists for challenges updated ?
It's a semi-manual process. In some cases (genres, studios, creators...), there are tools in place to help automate it. In other cases, we're relying on people notifying us about it (e.g. in the Suggestions & Discussions thread, on Discord or here).

This anime is marked as "Not Available in English", but it's totally available !
Thank you for the information ! We'll fix it as soon as possible after confirming it.

How often are user anime lists updated ?
By default, if you have turned some challenges in, the next nightly import will also fetch your anime list from MAL. You can also add yourself (once a day) onto the queue ; it runs about once an hour.

I have other questions !
Please, ask away ! This is the thread for it.
SheyCroixFeb 26, 2020 5:14 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Sep 19, 2019 8:06 AM

Apr 2010
RECENT UPDATES

See also the Website Changelog.

Mon, September 2nd 2019 : Added milestones under user statistics.

Fri, September 6th 2019 : Added framework to import Anime-Planet data, allowing checklists for CGI & Episodic challenges.

Mon, September 9th 2019 : Added global checklist for all Staff Collections. As usual, adding "?user=XXXX" allows you to check your own progress.

Tue, September 10th 2019 : Fixed alternate Yuri/Yaoi genres allowed on Shoujo Ai/Shounen Ai challenges.

Sun, September 15th 2019 : Point (re)calculations for challenges as detailed here haved been applied.

Tue, September 17th 2019 : User challenge checklists now showcase completed and near-completion challenges.
Sep 19, 2019 8:07 AM

Apr 2010
Sep 23, 2019 5:17 AM

Apr 2010
A head's up : the Theme Tags Challenge may take a few days to be added to the Hall of Fame, due to its complexity and some unforeseen bugs with the checklists.

They're all up, although it may take a few days before all the Anime-Planet data gets incorporated into the checklists.
JhidaySep 23, 2019 11:50 AM
Sep 27, 2019 12:53 PM

Apr 2010
All the Anime-Planet data for Theme Tags Challenge is now in (aside from Historical Period/Mythology, which are multiple tags and more complex to handle).

There's now an option on time-dependant checklists to hide anime without start/end dates on your list. Several date-filtering bugs were also fixed.

The Ultimate Challenge checklist now properly shows the right seasons for the current year, instead of ignoring it altogether.
Oct 25, 2019 6:16 AM

Apr 2010
A few challenges have had their checklist data updated :
- Critics & Connoisseurs are now loaded from the club.
- Battle Royale now loads items from the AniDB tag (as well as a few other items that were set at the challenge's creation)
- Within Theme Tags, Historical Period & Mythology now correctly load items from the several Anime-Planet tags linked to them.
Dec 8, 2019 7:53 AM

Apr 2010
There have been reports that for some anime that should qualify for the Original or Movie-Timeline challenges, their pages on the HoF didn't display those challenges (but the challenges' checklists did have them).
This has now been fixed.
May 29, 2020 7:18 AM

Dec 2015
I need help logging in. It keeps saying 'invalid credentials. Can I reset my details at all?

It's not whether you can or not. You just do it.

May 29, 2020 8:41 AM

Apr 2010
knowledge said:
I need help logging in. It keeps saying 'invalid credentials. Can I reset my details at all?

At this stage, only club admins can log into the Hall of Fame. But you should be able to access 99% of the site (including all of your data) without logging in.
Jun 1, 2020 7:25 AM

Jul 2014
When I view my checklist, the Ultimate challenge is listed as: Ultimate : 106/191
But when I view the challenge it's: List of Anime by Season (106/196)
Jun 1, 2020 11:14 AM

Apr 2010
mozgow said:
When I view my checklist, the Ultimate challenge is listed as: Ultimate : 106/191
But when I view the challenge it's: List of Anime by Season (106/196)

The underlying issue is that you've watched a few shows from "optional" seasons (where the HoF has labelled all possible options as "not available in English"). They're (rightly) added to the total of needed entries on the challenge page, but not on the overall page (which is considerably dumber for performance reasons).

There's unfortunately no easy way to fix it, so we'll have to live with an inaccurate total on the overall page for now.
Jun 7, 2020 8:47 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
🚨⚠ IMPORTANT NOTICE ⚠🚨

Due to some new MAL implementations (restrictions/bugs/features/whatever it is) our HoF website will not be able to update any new data.

This means that until this is fixed:
— new users that join won't be able to access our checklists
— users with their anime list already on HoF won't be able to update it (your newly completed anime won't appear)

— changes made on MAL to anime entries won't reflect (status/genres changed/edited info/titles changes)
— newly approved entries won't appear

— posted turn-ins won't be scanned automatically once a day, it will be done manually (please remember to still post them in the same post if it's in the same 24 hrs)

This is out of our hands, so it's all about waiting.
See it on the bright side and think that you will partially experience how it was for us that joined the club when it first started....

JhidayJun 13, 2020 11:07 AM

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jun 13, 2020 11:06 AM

Apr 2010
The Hall of Fame can now update again !

We're not sure yet how permanent this will be, but MAL is no longer blocking the HoF website from updating.

All recent turnins have been added ; and everyone who was in the queue for list updates was refreshed a couple of hours ago.

Everything seems back in order, but we will of course be monitoring the situation carefully over the next few weeks.
Jul 13, 2020 10:12 AM

Dec 2009
I just noticed that I've some challenges under my old nickname Hina-Jiiih, so can it be changed with my present one?
Jul 14, 2020 12:08 PM

Apr 2010
hinagatari said:
I just noticed that I've some challenges under my old nickname Hina-Jiiih, so can it be changed with my present one?

This has been done (and your scores updated).
Oct 25, 2020 4:37 PM

Oct 2012
Suggestions for the Hall of Fame website.
I think I can suggest them here.

In Challenge Checklists, next to the challenge where the number of finished titles is, add the number of not turn-in series. It is about number viewed series with the number of anime required per complited level subtracted.
For example watched 63 anime, finished easy (20 titles required), so 43 next to it - that is finished but not added to turn-is.

Several versions of the sorting of anime unwatched - by alphabet or by date of issue.

Ability to display all anime from the mahou shoujo category, can be sorted by alphabet or by date of issue.

In a hyperlink, for example https://anime.jhiday.net/hof/challenge/action?user=SebastianOrf3#challengeItems, in addition to username, add the option to set the start date. So in a post with a link, you could immediately go to the titles viewed after inserting the post, without setting it every time.
P.A.Works isn't an anime studio. P.A.Works is the meaning of life
Oct 26, 2020 1:22 AM

Apr 2010
SebastianOrf3 said:
Suggestions for the Hall of Fame website.
I think I can suggest them here.

Thanks ! This is indeed a right place for this.

In Challenge Checklists, next to the challenge where the number of finished titles is, add the number of not turn-in series. It is about number viewed series with the number of anime required per complited level subtracted.
For example watched 63 anime, finished easy (20 titles required), so 43 next to it - that is finished but not added to turn-is.

A version of this has been in the planning stages for ages ; I hope to finally be able to implement it very soon, hopefully before the end of 2020.

Several versions of the sorting of anime unwatched - by alphabet or by date of issue.

This is a bit complex to put into place (although I'm in the process of making it easier to do in the near future). This may take a while before I get around to it.

Ability to display all anime from the mahou shoujo category, can be sorted by alphabet or by date of issue.

As it happens, this is something I've just recently added in my current developments. It should be available within days.

@SebastianOrf3 UPDATED : it's now operational.
In a hyperlink, for example https://anime.jhiday.net/hof/challenge/action?user=SebastianOrf3#challengeItems, in addition to username, add the option to set the start date. So in a post with a link, you could immediately go to the titles viewed after inserting the post, without setting it every time.

Oh, I hadn't thought of that ! I'll add it to the TODO list.

UPDATED: It's now operational too : just add "&startDate=2020-10-28"

For what it's worth, I'm currently in the process of completely overhauling how checklists are handled internally by the HoF. The point is to streamline them and make it easier to make (global or localized) improvements. I'm 75% through and should be done before the end of the week.
JhidayOct 28, 2020 1:20 PM
Jan 1, 2023 9:59 AM

Apr 2010
The Anime Watching Challenges Club presents :
Your 2022 MAL Anime Year In Review !

Discover :
- How many anime you started and completed in 2022 !
- What were your firsts and lasts anime of the year !
- What you enjoyed best ! ... and worst !
- Your favourite sources, genres, themes and studios !
- What you watched from 2022 itself ! (and how much backlog from previous years you got through...)
- How many challenges you turned in, and how much points they were worth !
- And many more statistics...

FAQ :
I entered my name and it says I've been added to the queue. How long must I wait ?
For performance and load reasons, our import script runs once per hour.

It now says I don't have any data from 2022 ?
For these statistics to work, you need to have filled in the End Dates for the anime you have watched in 2022. (Setting the Start Dates also helps.)

Can we have time/episodes statistics ?
Sorry, the MAL API doesn't allow access to episode data, making this kind of statistics impossible.
Mar 9, 2023 2:30 PM

Mar 2018
I have joined hall of fame yesterday but it still says  This user's anime list has yet to be retrieved. what should I do
Mar 10, 2023 2:54 AM

Apr 2010
LeyLxy said:
I have joined hall of fame yesterday but it still says  This user's anime list has yet to be retrieved. what should I do

Well, by now your data does seem to have been retrieved. (It may take up to an hour after the click on "Request List Update".)
Do note that most completed entries on your list are missing the viewing start/end date ; some HoF functionality may be degraded because of that.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» 🟤 Anime Auction House「 Round 06: MAR 19 | Sign Up R.06 CLOSED | Everyone until APR 19 」 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SheyCroix - May 23, 2020

1525 by Nurguburu »»
2 hours ago

» 🌸April 2024 Challenge [NEW RESTRICTION ADDED] ( 1 2 3 4 )

AWCC_admin - Mar 31

198 by Myelin_sr »»
4 hours ago

Sticky: » 🏆 Challenges Turn-Ins (v.3) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SheyCroix - Nov 1, 2021

8820 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
8 hours ago

» Featured Article Challenge ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SheyCroix - Mar 7, 2017

316 by Sarada »»
Yesterday, 12:00 PM

Sticky: » 🎴 Official Member Cards [OPEN] ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

riho88riho - Aug 30, 2016

682 by RackOrRuin »»
Yesterday, 10:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.