Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Uchi no Ko no Tame naraba, Ore wa Moshikashitara Maou mo Taoseru kamo Shirenai. Episode 12 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 19, 2019 7:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well it's the final episode although personally, this one does feels just like the others.

It looks like Latina also begins to have more complicated feeling this episode because of Dale's childhood friend. I suppose this season isn't going to focus too much on her future but at this rate, it did manage to at least focus enough on her present character.

A pretty fun ride for show imo overall with the mixture of slice of life + fantasy.
Sep 19, 2019 9:12 AM

Aug 2014
I read the manga till the latest translated chapter so I was curious if the anime covered more or not so if anyone read the manga, did it do that?
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Sep 19, 2019 9:34 AM

Jul 2017
RPWPA said:
I read the manga till the latest translated chapter so I was curious if the anime covered more or not so if anyone read the manga, did it do that?

The anime skipped out some chapters in the manga adaptation of the LN, but it's mostly side stories that are the same in regards to overall feels, it's not a problem at all. And regarding translated chapters, the latest DID air some episodes ago, and the anime has surpassed the manga translation.
Sep 19, 2019 9:42 AM

Jan 2014
And that was "Usagi Drop: The Fantasy". Same thing, with the same foreshadowing of DaddyXDaughter. I'll pass on any continuation.
Sep 19, 2019 9:54 AM

Aug 2012
I'm giving it a 7/10 just for pouting Latina.
Sep 19, 2019 10:18 AM

Nov 2013
Yea this really is Bunny Drop: Fantasy Edition. Though it's not nearly as good. 7/10 for me.
Anime Collection: Libib
PSN: Moontei
Sep 19, 2019 10:27 AM

Sep 2017
That was a nice anime, but there's something missing in my opinion, that's why I didn't like the show that much

Maybe it's because Latina was too mature for her age, I don't think UchiMusume portrayed right how a child is supposed to behave (meanwhile Barakamon and Usagi Drop are excellent at doing this), but Latina is a demon and the anime sets in a fantasy world, that may explain the differences

The thing is, I didn't really see how the bond between Dale and Latina evolved, it just went from 1 to 100 in the first episode, there was no progression

Maybe I'm comparing this anime a little bit too much with Barakamon and Usagi Drop since it's the same plot (a male adult has his life changed by the apparition of a little girl)

I'll go with a 6, this show is not bad but I definitely didn't enjoy it that much, some moments were even boring. I guess I missed the train
DamuzenSep 19, 2019 10:55 AM
Sep 19, 2019 10:33 AM

Jul 2014
I'm gonna miss my weekly dose of Latina's cuteness. The ending managed to make me tear up :'(

I wish for a second season, I need more Latina's cuteness and I'm curious about the end of the story and how they handle it. People's reaction would be interesting.
Sep 19, 2019 10:34 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Pretty neat finale to sign things off with!

Lots of complicated feelings for Latina this episode thanks to the return of the ex-Mage. Some really adorable pouting and jealous-stricken expressions as a result though I've to say, thanks for the treat as always! Felt like the wish of her wanting to be an adult was a little overdone though.

Rudy aiming to be a Town Guard to share an equal standing to Dale was really cute of him but I'm afraid he never really had a lingering chance it seems. Baby voice, way to dig a grave for yourself son xD. Kenneth's initial reaction to the baby's outburst was gold, lol.

Really comfy final moments, with the adventurers gazes scaring the baby followed by the return of the little beast (loved the expressions of shock on their faces, this is Latina's secret magic lol) and Maaya and finally topping it off with the final hug and "Okaeri", plus the soothing music in the background was a great addition too.

Overall, this show gets a Certified Healing from me lol despite its many faults and issues.

Solid 6.5/10.
_MushiRock11_Sep 19, 2019 12:17 PM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 19, 2019 10:39 AM

Mar 2018
Hmm.. Actually.. So much happened xd
So the kids graduated from.. Elementary school? And are now going to work, well most of them.

Helmine appears and seems like Dale x Helmine used to be a thing, though she switches quite frequently it seems.
I'm guessing this was to show the age differences between different races again, they also focused on Latina wanting to grow up after all.

And after the baby was born the furry kid and the phantasmal beast appeared too..
Well the pacing overall was pretty fast, doesn't seem like it's any different in other sources too

I watched neither Barakamon nor UsagiDrop so I can't really compare this to them. But it's clear that it's gonna be a fatherxdaughter thingy so I don't get why they had to do this with Helmine in the last ep

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Sep 19, 2019 10:40 AM

Oct 2017
Well this was proly the most cute anime of summer. Really gonna miss Latina and everyone else too. This was a peaceful soothing anime till the end. Hoping to see a second season.
Sep 19, 2019 10:53 AM

Oct 2017
Hmm, the whole episode is Latina saying she wants to grow up sooner, so she can do... Dale?!
LOL

If they squeezed the whole childhood part in couple episodes and spent the rest adventuring as grown ups, it would have been a decent anime. But the current thing is... just meh.
RainyShadowSep 19, 2019 11:00 AM
Sep 19, 2019 10:55 AM
Nov 2018
Nice, relaxing show but certainly a low-budget commercial for the LN. Wish more of Latina's story was explored, as fantasy elements were a bit interesting. Usagi Drop (anime) was far better. 6/10
Sep 19, 2019 11:01 AM

Mar 2018
I wish this show was made in higher quality and included the entire story.

IMO LN >= Manga > Anime. The light novel was fantastic and the manga's art style perfectly captured the characters and their personalities. The anime however... well it was lacking a lot. Each short story/event was shortened so much that sometimes it feels like im watching a quick summary instead of a full story (you may not feel this if you haven't read the source material).

This may not be realistic depending on the goal of the show and the budget, but i wish it had more eps and spent more time with each story. This show revolves around Latina's growth and it would be more fulfilling and appropriate if we saw more of it. Also the climax(i guess) of the story comes a bit after where the show ends so anime viewers won't know a lot of the intense shit that happens in the world later.

Reading all 8 vols of the LN was more satisfying since you would be following the story from beginning to end. It feels like a journey completed. I felt both happy and sad. The anime couldn't really deliver the same effect since it ended suring the build up of the story and i doubt it would get a second season unless it is a remake. I stilled enjoyed every ep tho, it was fun while it lasted.
Sep 19, 2019 11:16 AM

Dec 2014
so the series ended...hmmmm...well I am not crying ...you are
Sep 19, 2019 11:49 AM

Dec 2013
That was a super sweet final episode, we got to see the whole gang and how much all of them have changed. On a side note most of us already know how this will end and I find pretty funny and mean the existence of Rudy lol, poor kid.
Sep 19, 2019 11:54 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Hmmm that was good, animation was pretty meh but the characters and the story are catching up.
Hope they don't make a season 2 because of the light novel developement
Sep 19, 2019 12:18 PM

Aug 2013
Latina's jealousy was cute tbh and so was her pouting. That was adorable.

I'm going to miss my weekly dose of Latina.

7/10.

Sep 19, 2019 1:07 PM

Aug 2014
KANLen09 said:
RPWPA said:

The anime skipped out some chapters in the manga adaptation of the LN, but it's mostly side stories that are the same in regards to overall feels, it's not a problem at all. And regarding translated chapters, the latest DID air some episodes ago, and the anime has surpassed the manga translation.

oo good to know, If you can tell me when it started surpassing the manga that would be good. Thanks anyways :)
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Sep 19, 2019 1:37 PM

Apr 2018
10/10 there's nothing else to say
Watashi wa a victim of cyberbullying. Everyday someone online calls me a "weeb" desu. Watashi won't stand for this. 26 percent of bullying victims are chosen due to their race or religion desu. I may look like a basic white boy, but deep down I am Nihongo desu. Watashi religion is anime. Anata wa bullying me because of my race and religion desu ka? Disgusting desu. Anata should be ashamed of yourself, racist pig. A baka gaijin like anata is probably jealous of my race and culture, cause Nippon is more sugoi than your shitty country desu. Watashi pity anata. You'll never be Nihongo like watashi. Educate yourself on nani a "weeb" is.
Sep 19, 2019 1:45 PM
Apr 2013
Could've done without that FatherXChild hinting, but at least it was enjoyable. There is worse.
Sep 19, 2019 2:10 PM

Oct 2010
Play2X said:
Could've done without that FatherXChild hinting, but at least it was enjoyable. There is worse.

She clearly doesn't see him as a father, and I'm amazed people still think he does. Not even hinting, it's blatant.

Another lame non-ending. Overall cute but pretty boring a lot of the time.
Sep 19, 2019 2:24 PM

Mar 2019
Expected more from this anime 5/10 only for latina..
Sep 19, 2019 2:37 PM

Dec 2017
Themousen said:
Maybe it's because Latina was too mature for her age, I don't think UchiMusume portrayed right how a child is supposed to behave

If you are unaware - it is to make her consent to sex in her early age. So if author made her behave like a child it would be too pedo to be published.
Sep 19, 2019 2:43 PM

Sep 2017
Well, if it goes indeed Usagi Drop, that's another reason to dislike it. Too bad it influenced Latina's character though
Sep 19, 2019 2:59 PM

Apr 2016
Yes, Kenneth never would've blabbed about the Phanstamic Beasts but really Dale, you can't be trusted to keep a secret!

Haha Jilvester's face!

I began fast forwarding through the cliche outro narration at the end. Doesn't seem like we will get a continuation. Sad. :(
Sep 19, 2019 3:08 PM
Apr 2013
Kougeru said:
Play2X said:

She clearly doesn't see him as a father, and I'm amazed people still think he does. Not even hinting, it's blatant.

Another lame non-ending. Overall cute but pretty boring a lot of the time.

Yes, this is the problem. In a good story, we would've just gone with them continue living as father and daughter. But because the writer wants a grooming your bride story, we got... that.
Sep 19, 2019 3:16 PM

Sep 2017
I really liked this episode even tho it seemed to me that it focused more on Latina feeling jealous of Helmine. The rest of the events felt a bit rushed. Too bad there was no hint regarding a second season. I would love to see more.
Sep 19, 2019 4:00 PM

Jun 2010
I especially enjoyed that episode of the battle against the dragon that appears at the opening. :v
Sep 19, 2019 4:32 PM

Jul 2012
Very light-hearted and cute slice of life. Good enough to relax for 20 minutes every week.

Other than that it obviously has no other value as it had no plot whatsoever.
Awesome signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 19, 2019 4:41 PM

Jul 2017
Yep, typical episodic story as an ending. I shouldn't have dabbled on expecting a ton, it's just being Usagi Drop too much.

So Helmine vs. Latina then, vying for Dale's attention. A child's battle between an adult and a child, in no thanks to breasts that emit her jealousy. But regardless, going back to her origins (which were none), she is determined to grow.

As we settle for the ending, I don't really feel like we've gonna need a Season 2 of this, because it will bore us to shreds once again.

6/10 overall.
Sep 19, 2019 4:48 PM

Mar 2015
What a good series! I need to read the novel!
My Candies:

My bonus Candies:
Sep 19, 2019 4:48 PM

Nov 2016
Ah, pretty nice finale and I like how it gave off the vibe of an transition chapter into what's going to be happen next.

Not gonna lie, I was bit prejudiced once I found out what kind of turn this series will take, but retrospectively I think there was no reason to get worked up. Up to this point it was a cute and heartearming tale that refrained from portraying Dale's and Latina's relationahip in a reprehensible manner.

There were still some pacing issues at the beginning and Dale's fanaticism was a tad too much for me at times. However, overall it was an enjoyable fantasy slice of life story.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 19, 2019 6:03 PM

Feb 2015
I'm fine with the manga, but the anime is awful. Shit animation, and annoying voice acting really suck. Especially considering this isn't really more than moe trash, and further wounded by the Usagi Drop-esque bullshit.
Sep 19, 2019 6:20 PM

Oct 2015
Latina pouting on the fact that she's not grown enough for Dale, hmm! Felt bad for Rudy though, because she still hasn't noticed his feelings for her. But they're young and life is too long for them, maybe they will find each other some day and she grow to love him. Would've been nice if they did a follow up love story between, it would be set in future and titled " If It's for My Love, I'd Even Defeat a Demon lord"! Would've been nice for a sequel, but other than that no sequel of this nature for me!

This was boring AF, and hardly any cherishable moments or drama worth mentioning. All we had was this lame dude who was obsessed with a kid he just picked up, and came off as creepy sometimes. I'm only glad they didn't sexualize their relationship, otherwise I Would've dropped this nut sack! The animation was alright though, but I will hardly remember any thing after this. There was also no demon lord to speak of, which was a tiny disappointment for me.

5/10
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 19, 2019 7:18 PM

Nov 2008
Decent ending. There were a lot of hit-and-miss moments throughout the series, but I enjoyed it for what it was. I might pick up the light novels in the future to see the two hook up later, though. I knew it wouldn't happen in the first season, and it doesn't look like we'll be getting a second any time soon, but I was hopeful and Latina was cute enough to make me keep watching. It's a shame we didn't get more loli lewding, tbh.
Sep 19, 2019 7:47 PM

Sep 2016
Awww, this came to an end :(

9/10 cuteness overload.

Waiting for a sequel now :P

bruh
Sep 19, 2019 8:36 PM

Aug 2018
Great show overallt, it brought me my weekly portion of cuteness ! Latina made a long trip since she appeared in the first episode.

This last episode turned out to show another side of Latina, which was a good addition and left a sort of "to be continued in your imagination" ending.
Sep 19, 2019 8:51 PM

Oct 2012
I really thought they were going to develop the demons and Dale (often killing demons) plot. It ended up being a cute but fairly shallow show.
Sep 19, 2019 9:48 PM
Jan 2019
A fun and emotional ending. We say goodbye to Thursday of purification. Last season was Senko-san, on Wednesdays, this season was Latina-chan, on Thursdays, and maybe next, it's Fridays 😅
It was a beautiful story. I await a second season to solve the mysteries left this first season about Latina.

That last scene was very moving: ') ...
Sep 19, 2019 10:13 PM

Feb 2016
It was a meh show, in a largely meh season.
It's best that it ends here; on a (still) fairly innocent tone.
Sep 19, 2019 10:59 PM

Jul 2019
This anime has Just arrived in vol 3 (according to the light novel version), whereas latina is married in vol 8, It's Will Be a long Wait. From That Reason, In my opinion need two more seasons for latina marriages.

Areen-KunSep 25, 2019 2:22 AM
Sep 20, 2019 12:48 AM
Mar 2017
Wnat is the soundtrack at the end?
Sep 20, 2019 5:38 AM
Jun 2017
Insecure latina is so cute. Hahaha...
Anyways latina sure does want to grow up already, but well as an adult i will say enjoy being a kid as life of an adult is way harder than of being a kid.
Sep 20, 2019 10:33 AM
Mar 2019
Ending of this episode was great
Not a Perfect anime for the moment tho
(a season 2 with a grown up Latina would be perfect!)
Sep 20, 2019 11:04 AM

Jul 2017
Latina wants to grow up fast, it seems to me she really loves Dale. Now i actually wanted to see where the story would go, i'm interested. Hopefully we can get a 2nd season

Overall, great healing anime. Latina is the pinacle of cuteness and i really liked her relationship not only with Dale but with the wide range of characters in this show. She might be still be little, but she has grown a lot since episode 1. Also, this anime's concept kinda reminded me of the Maquia movie. Solid 8/10
Sep 20, 2019 12:33 PM

Jul 2016
That foreshadowing tho... man, I feel so bad for my boy Rudy since it seems he will never have a chance with Latina :/

Anyways, leaving that aside, this episode ended up being a quite sweet conclusion for an overall average but wholesome series.
Honestly, I would have liked the plot to have more substance instead of using the same formula of just having Latina around, doing cute things and Dale overreacting because of them. And talking about Dale, his character felt really flat and sadly, he never gave that paternal vibe I was looking for. Kenneth acted more like a father to Latina in that regard, being honest.

Other than that, this series felt quite repetitive and boring during most of the time but at least, Latina and her overall cuteness made it more bearable. She is indeed a sweetheart but I was expecting something more from the story.

5/10 - It was a cute experience but nothing memorable in terms of storytelling and character development.

P.S.: I have had the manga on my PTR list long before the anime adaptation was announced but after watching it... I don't know, I'm don't feel that interested in reading it anytime soon.
SouthRzVaSep 20, 2019 12:46 PM
Sep 20, 2019 2:21 PM

Jan 2019
8/10 for the full show

I really really enjoyed this show. Latina, the cutest Anime loli ever! This is how to make a girl cute without letting her doing stupid things or forcing her in embarassing situations. I really liked it. And first, i wanted to give this show 10/10 points.

But to be fair: There is not much substance outside this cuteness. We have some character progression for Latina and Dale, but effectively no story. Even the episodes itself came in with nearly no story. It is not even a "Cute girl doing cute things", it is more the formula: "Cute girl met someone and is making friend with him/her". And Dale was much to whiny.

Nevertheless, this was a fun show to watch! I have enjoyed every minute!
Sep 20, 2019 4:15 PM

Dec 2018
Lots of people on other discussions are saying how boring this turned out to be but...…………..at least they didn't cover the incest shit. Personally, this was a 6/10 for me. Latina just being cute eventually became boring to me, and the plot was nearly nonexistent lol. Latina was the only decent character, and the art was fairly mediocre.
meatmuffins66Sep 20, 2019 4:19 PM
Sep 20, 2019 9:35 PM

Aug 2017
This is my happy pill after a stressful week. And sadly I seem to find the last episode lacking and too fast. But I did enjoy the show, that's what counts. 7/10

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uchi no Ko no Tame naraba, Ore wa Moshikashitara Maou mo Taoseru kamo Shirenai. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2019

86 by woozittle »»
Feb 11, 11:48 PM

Poll: » Uchi no Ko no Tame naraba, Ore wa Moshikashitara Maou mo Taoseru kamo Shirenai. Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2019

43 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Dec 24, 2023 6:22 PM

Poll: » Uchi no Ko no Tame naraba, Ore wa Moshikashitara Maou mo Taoseru kamo Shirenai. Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2019

34 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Dec 22, 2023 7:42 PM

Poll: » Uchi no Ko no Tame naraba, Ore wa Moshikashitara Maou mo Taoseru kamo Shirenai. Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2019

44 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Dec 19, 2023 4:23 PM

Poll: » Uchi no Ko no Tame naraba, Ore wa Moshikashitara Maou mo Taoseru kamo Shirenai. Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2019

43 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Dec 18, 2023 8:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.