Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 19, 2019 2:36 AM
Sep 2019
Hello, I need any sort of recommendation, I'm currently watching Evangelion and I want to find something to watch once I finish it, my favorite anime is JoJo and Made in Abyss and I want something serious, any sort of cult classic anime but please that it's under 30-40 episodes because I don't really like long anime hence why I never watched One Piece, Naruto, etc.
Sep 19, 2019 2:51 AM
Sep 2019
Thanks, will definetely watch these.
Sep 19, 2019 12:39 PM

Aug 2018
i suggest you to watch "I can't understand what my husband is saying", it is a really short two season series (each season lasts about an hour).
It is a really refreshing comedy about a married couple, that still has serious moments
Sep 19, 2019 5:54 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
ok here's some suggestions
  • Puella Magi Madoka Magica - the most recommended show on MAL for Eva watchers (don't believe me? read all 60 recommendations here). only 12 eps, has two "remake"-like movies, a sequel film, and an upcoming spin-off anime series. give it at least 3 eps, if doubtful.
  • Uta Kata - also 12 eps and is a lot like Madoka, except it's a bit more slice-of-life styled and has one OVA sequel. wouldn't say it's a "cult classic", but it's certainly underrated and is worth a watch.
  • Angel Beats - now this is what i'd maybe consider as a "cult classic", considering there's a lot of people who wish that this show had gotten more episodes (i agree). great show with lots of funnies and some sad feels
  • Spirited Away - if you're looking out for classic/must-watch anime films, this is definitely one of 'em. probably overrated answer but idc go watch it, it's worth a viewing experience.
  • My Neighbor Totoro - another Ghibli film that is also a classic/must-watch anime film.
  • Re: Cutie Honey - haven't seen it, but considering you like Devilman Crybaby, if you want to see more work from the original creator of the Devilman franchise, consider this iteration of one of his other famous series, Cutie Honey. this iteration is one of the more popular versions of the story. i dunno if it's any good, but hey, the art style looks... pretty good

as for manga suggestions, just check out my manga list, idk what you'd be into considering you barely have any manga in your list
Sep 19, 2019 6:56 PM
Sep 2019
Fario-P said:
ok here's some suggestions
  • Puella Magi Madoka Magica - the most recommended show on MAL for Eva watchers (don't believe me? read all 60 recommendations here). only 12 eps, has two "remake"-like movies, a sequel film, and an upcoming spin-off anime series. give it at least 3 eps, if doubtful.
  • Uta Kata - also 12 eps and is a lot like Madoka, except it's a bit more slice-of-life styled and has one OVA sequel. wouldn't say it's a "cult classic", but it's certainly underrated and is worth a watch.
  • Angel Beats - now this is what i'd maybe consider as a "cult classic", considering there's a lot of people who wish that this show had gotten more episodes (i agree). great show with lots of funnies and some sad feels
  • Spirited Away - if you're looking out for classic/must-watch anime films, this is definitely one of 'em. probably overrated answer but idc go watch it, it's worth a viewing experience.
  • My Neighbor Totoro - another Ghibli film that is also a classic/must-watch anime film.
  • Re: Cutie Honey - haven't seen it, but considering you like Devilman Crybaby, if you want to see more work from the original creator of the Devilman franchise, consider this iteration of one of his other famous series, Cutie Honey. this iteration is one of the more popular versions of the story. i dunno if it's any good, but hey, the art style looks... pretty good

as for manga suggestions, just check out my manga list, idk what you'd be into considering you barely have any manga in your list

thanks, ive already watched Spirited Away and My Neighbor Totoro, made my profile recently so i didnt add them yet, also madoka magica is a cool anime ive already watched a bit of it before!!! thanks for these
Sep 21, 2019 2:34 PM

Aug 2019
Cowboy Bebop
Busou Renkin
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Mahjong Legend Akagi

More topics from this board

» looking for anime recommendations from people who has similar taste

windyshadow - Apr 21

16 by windyshadow »»
4 minutes ago

» Girls with guns and knives

LoveYourEyes - 7 hours ago

2 by Zarutaku »»
10 minutes ago

» I have read and watched so many reincarnated OP MC and 99.99% of them are focus on magic and non-magic is pretty much useless, but is plot with latter actually exist?

aLotQuestion_ - Apr 10

14 by nishant0 »»
1 hour ago

» Planning to watch Sousou no Frieren

WitchDoc - Apr 18

9 by Chisuku »»
2 hours ago

» Recommendations for manga with very close relationships

kamui_susanoo - Yesterday

3 by JKKH »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.