Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 19, 2019 4:08 AM

Apr 2014
Ugh, waste of time..
Sep 19, 2019 4:16 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Fun series. I'm not at all familiar with the source material and avoided spoilers so I was surprised with the direction things too. The erasing of history and monopoly of certain technology by a royal family reminded me of another bit anime/manga series (most of you will know what I'm talking about).

I'm a sucker for epilogues that are longer than just the credits, so depsite the lack of drama, I was pleased to see what happened to them. Funi grew up to be as good looking as her sister (naturally), but damn, Quitterie talk about a bad haircut. Not a good look. But Yun Hua, looked very regal as a singer.
Luca looking more like a girl than a boy was a pretty interesting look too.
And of course the 3 main guys would fly off again, lol.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 19, 2019 5:00 AM

Feb 2018
Aye,Yeah. Man that was a great last episode. Aries's mom and the cop really came through for them. It was so good to see everyone grown up and achieved their dreams.

Charce became the fucking king lol and became more popular than Model Quitterie. Polina is still beautiful as she was, Funicia is a high school student now. Ulgar is looking great as a journalist,Luca is looking good too. Zack and the others are off to space again, so Aries's dream was to get married to Kanata and they're soon to be wed. And Kanata hit it off by writing a book and became super rich and bought the Astra ship. Charce kept his promise to be Kanata's right hand man. Now we they're off to the space again! AYE,YEAH!

Really enjoyed this anime. I didn't think it would get this epic at the beginning, totally worth the watch :)
Sep 19, 2019 5:11 AM

Dec 2015
7/10 from me. Yes the last episode was very good - I usually miss such endings showing the future in other anime. Here we hat lots of screentime after the acutal story concluded - with scenes few years later.

But I did not start from an 9 or 10 like others. For me the big reveal was just your usual stuff. Nothing new. Changed history and space travel is not something big/new. Was 8 - good and nice - for me.

Deducting 1 (and ending up with 7) for the slow start and the lots of comedy. For such a story comedy really didn't fit. It was okay and did not hurt too much. (Especially in the last episodes it was tuned down.) But then again ... if they had done the opposite it could have easily been a 9/10. Tense atmosphere and serious tone would have been great.

To be fair the 7/10 is more like a 7.4 or 7.49 rounded down. Can't bring myself to give an 8 cause there was a lot wasted potential and I would have preferred a more serious tone. Was clearly better than the fantasy "find the traitor" series Rokka no Yuusha (even thoug I prefer fantasy that one had more flaws) and the last episode and the long epiloque really improved my impression. Otherwise I would have been more closer to 7.0 than to a 7.4.
Sep 19, 2019 5:20 AM

Jun 2016
A pretty solid finale, it wrapped everything up pretty nicely. It's good they decided to do the same as the first episode and double the time~

Anyway, everyone's gorgeous in their new looks :)
I'm just sad they hinted at Funi having a crush on Ulgar, i mean, him and Luca are the best ship, why do you do this to me,,,,
Sep 19, 2019 5:26 AM
Jan 2017
they did the manga justice (and they might've added some to it as well).
Sep 19, 2019 5:35 AM

Sep 2017
@Pikslap
>Are there any survival anime that come to your mind that aren't overly philosophical? Just a harsh, down-to-earth survival tale.

Try Mugen no Ryvius maybe. It has a similar premise but it is played out in a more "edgy" way and shows more ugly sides of the characters (perhaps only the ugly sides....) I dropped it after 8 episode since it's too over-the-top edgy for me, but I guess we have different taste.

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 is also exactly down-to-earth, realistic and no-bullshit, but more melodramatic and not so much as dark/edgy. There are similarly realistic survival manga like Kanojo wo Mamoru 51 no Houhou and Dragon Head which in my opinion work much better by having relatively mature characters in it (therefore less about melodrama but more about problem-solving/horror/adventure/mystery), but they've got no anime adaptation.

This one is less realistic, more sensational and more about twists-and-turns: https://myanimelist.net/anime/37175/Mi_Yu_Xing_Zhe

And Gakkougurashi! for an edgy zombie survival anime where cute girls suffer from PTSD

Not gonna mention other more mainstream stuff here 'cause I bet you already knew about them
CHCSep 19, 2019 6:00 AM
Sep 19, 2019 5:40 AM

Oct 2012
Hylianticipated said:
The unrealistic portrayal of humanity and civilization in this anime is one of the biggest reasons I can't justify a higher score even though overall it was enjoyable. They make far too many conveniences like "everyone went along with it" regarding the entire resetting of world history and just abandoning tribalism and natural human tendencies. Again, I enjoyed this anime overall, and I can suspend my disbelief to accept the inconsistencies and stretches they make plot and science-wise, but they pushed too much in the realm of human nature that it just became completely ridiculous. Maybe this is why so many stories with similar "world government" type themes never seem to explain how it came to that point and just expect you to accept the current setting because establishing a history for how that could happen is too complicated and would require too many leaps of logic to accomplish.

Yeah, and this is even more true when realizing the plot itself introduced many shady characters (like the thief in the beginning, the king, assassin or their parents)... so somehow, it very hard to me to believe they are the only one who would act in their own benefit. Surely they won't be able to supress human individuality without any mind control or repression - and if they actually did that there would need to be at least some group at the control (yeah, world goverment but then again, the laws are still created by people with their own goals). So it's obvious such form of utopia wouldn't be able to exist and conceal everything, at least not on the planetary scale.

Also, I wonder if people are actually thinking about implications their return and revelation of wormholes would mean for whole humankind (if they were even allowed to talk for the sake of such society). They were basically overthrowning old orders, telling people that whole their history was a lie, creating "freedom" at the first glance, promoting individuality - but we all know where this would be heading in a due time. It's almost unreal the only one book (by Kanata at that) would be able to sate all the anti-governmental movement and that there would be no anti-clones groups who would reject their very existence. Given the situation, yeah, it's very possible there would be some period of time where everyone was exctatic about the newly acquired freedom of thought but give it some 15-20 years and many people would probably start thinking that the old order was better, without any crime and with your guaranteed place in the society. Not even mentioning the possible abuse of wormhole technology as we were shown before (on the Earth). The people are still people and if there were some had more fame, power or money than there would be always others who are either jealous or in conflicting opinion with them.

So, in the end they basically brought working dystopian society disguised as utopian one to inevitable chaos and uncertain future. Well done.
Sep 19, 2019 6:14 AM
Dec 2017
8.5/10 Aye yeahhhh
Sep 19, 2019 6:15 AM

Aug 2017
Love, love, love it!
Amazing show, it has its flaws but we mostly criticize all shows anyway (*wink) . Although I was expecting more on Kanata & Aries romance but they are getting married. A very light and stress free anime!

Sep 19, 2019 6:43 AM

Feb 2014
If there's one word that describes what I'm feeling now after finishing Astra: Lost In Space, it's satisfaction. =)

With 48 minutes to play with for the final episode, I was happy to see how the whole crew got down to figuring out the whole truth of Earth, Astra and the secrets of the government and the Vixia royal family. After all of that, the group sent off a message to Aries's mother (I noticed all of the pictures included from the message was pictures used in the ED animations) and thus, the chain reaction started.

All of their originals were arrested, including the King of Vixia and the scumbag who killed Seira. No surprise that they got a lot of media attention after they made it back, with one of my favourite moments coming from Aries, when asked about food issues from a journalist, she answered, with an embarrassed expression, that she gained weight during the whole trip. XD

Thus led to the 7-year timeskip, with everyone now living their normal lives. Kanata brought back the same Astra ship they travelled in before and he, Zack and Charce, who is the new king of Vixia, all left on their adventures. Not to forget, Zack married Quitterie and Kanata got permission from Charce to marry Aries. Nice one, buddy! =3

Overall, this show was of the underdogs of this season. It had a great start and most of the episodes after that hit their mark, with few misses between them. This finale was excellent and a nice closure of the story.

8/10 is my final score. Aye, yeah! ^_^
Sep 19, 2019 6:45 AM

Dec 2016
CHC said:
@Pikslap
>Are there any survival anime that come to your mind that aren't overly philosophical? Just a harsh, down-to-earth survival tale.

Try Mugen no Ryvius maybe. It has a similar premise but it is played out in a more "edgy" way and shows more ugly sides of the characters (perhaps only the ugly sides....) I dropped it after 8 episode since it's too over-the-top edgy for me, but I guess we have different taste.

Eh? you watched only a third of the whole series, how can you claim that the show is edgy? giving it a somber tone with stakes and tense situations to overcome doesn't equal to an edge show. The different groups with their own motivations also made it feel more real, without feeling like it's some gag show like Astra. You really dismissed a great show with survival and sci-fi elements just for mere appearances.

VyseLegendaire said:
Some people are actually knocking this show for being unrealistic or having too many coincidences, where the entire show is based around things like wormholes, hyper-speed space travel, etc. etc. You gotta have some priorities here, this shit isn't supposed to be taken as hard science fiction.

My biggest problem with this show is the dog hand puppet which was never explained at all. Sure everything else was insanely convenient and the ending way too rosy but still I liked the characters and art enough to keep it a solid 7-8.

If it was one or two sci-fi elements it wouldn't be such a big problem, but there are far too many asspulls involving science that it's impossible for people with standards to let it go so easily, like the magical food tester, unending amount of energy in their spaceship, use of household extension cords to feed the engines without causing a serious fire, the idiocy of moving the complete population of a planet with wormhole tech wich could have been used in many ways to get rid of the asteroid, 100% breathable atmosphere on each planet they landed (heck they managed to shove a beach episode), quick fixes in the spaceship hull with just epoxy and zero space vacum while they were fixing it, and other asspulls I'm already forgeting.

Seriously, this feels like a terrible schoolar being helped by his teacher with boosted grades, where he should have been failed by his teacher and asked to repeat the same grade.

Your biggest claim was that they didn't explain how did the hand puppet work? you really have no say on us who point out the terrible flaws if your bar is really that low.

Pikslap said:
>Luca: "Stop being mean."
I think Charce has earned a few insults, Luca.
>Ulgar: "And if he brings out another sphere?"
>Kanata: "Then he can take my left arm too!"
I can't stand this crap. You're not gonna lose a limb and be all forgiving so soon. I mean, it is mostly Kanata's fault for sticking his arm out like an idiot. I guess what I'm trying to say is Kanata's a stupid character either way.

This is something I forgot to mention. They already acknowledge that Charce is the traitor, yet after they rescue Kanata he's still hanging around the cockpit as if nothing had happened. I would have expected at least Ulgar to put him in an isolation chamber while Kanata recovers, but nope, none of these kids or even Polina the adult have any initiative to step up and make a call without having to ask their incompetent captain, wich he's just alright with his arm being severed all in the name of comradery (it's going to be replaced by a prosthetic wich will work just as well as his own hand, so there goes down the drain the only tense aspect of the show)
Sep 19, 2019 6:49 AM

Mar 2012
A now the journey has reached it's end.

I have to say this is definitely the biggest surprise sleeper hit of the year for me, i never thought i would enjoy it as much as i did.

I know it is not exactly the best written story and there are few questionable reasons and motives but as for a fun space adventure show with a dash of mystery it was one of the best i have ever seen still.

I Especially enjoyed some of the original scenes they added with this episoed it made the conclusion ot the story a bit more wholesome compared to the manga but more or less same thing, the only complaint i have is i would of loved to have seen some of the originals coping more with there new imprisonment and reaction well at least we got the king and ulgar clone reaction(that part is new) so its something.

I would defitintly recommend this show for people to watch, especially those who like sci-fi space exploration adventures. These type of shows are quite rare these days, they make miss the time when anime was dominated by sci fiction shows back in the 80's early 90's instead of the current isekai trend but all things have there time i guess.

A Solid 8/10 and a contender for best unexpected hit of 2019 for me. (lets see what the fall has to show before it is ceratin)
Sep 19, 2019 6:52 AM
May 2019
Wow what a fantastic ending, this is definitely the most underrated anime this season I give it 9/10.
Sep 19, 2019 7:35 AM

Sep 2017
Kimurah said:
CHC said:
@Pikslap

Eh? you watched only a third of the whole series, how can you claim that the show is edgy? giving it a somber tone with stakes and tense situations to overcome doesn't equal to an edge show. The different groups with their own motivations also made it feel more real, without feeling like it's some gag show like Astra. You really dismissed a great show with survival and sci-fi elements just for mere appearances.

If you really want something with a "somber tone with stakes and tense situations to overcome", watch the trilogy film The Human Condition (1959-61) by Masaki Kobayashi, where instead of a bunch of flat characters who constantly runs into petty conflicts in all the wrong timing, you have serious drama about how difficult it is to uphold your ethical ideal under a stressed situation. The reason why I have difficulty watching some of the "serious" show anime fans espouse as "classic" is that they are just too immature compared to the great works in cinema and literature that set a similar goal for themselves. On the other hand there are quite a lot of lowbrow "gag shows" in anime that see no parallel in cinema and literature.

I'm not sure if that is what you're implying, but the idea that just because something tries to be serious it must be better than some gag show seems like a very middlebrow belief to me.
Sep 19, 2019 7:40 AM

Apr 2018
I really enjoyed this series. I'm so glad they made this last episode 48 minutes long. Ending wasn't rushed thanks to that. I really liked the black bars i think many other anime could be better with black bars. I hope more studios would do that.

Good job overall Lerche!
Watashi wa a victim of cyberbullying. Everyday someone online calls me a "weeb" desu. Watashi won't stand for this. 26 percent of bullying victims are chosen due to their race or religion desu. I may look like a basic white boy, but deep down I am Nihongo desu. Watashi religion is anime. Anata wa bullying me because of my race and religion desu ka? Disgusting desu. Anata should be ashamed of yourself, racist pig. A baka gaijin like anata is probably jealous of my race and culture, cause Nippon is more sugoi than your shitty country desu. Watashi pity anata. You'll never be Nihongo like watashi. Educate yourself on nani a "weeb" is.
Sep 19, 2019 7:45 AM

Dec 2016
CHC said:

I'm not sure if that is what you're implying, but the idea that just because something tries to be serious it must be better than some gag show seems like a very middlebrow belief to me.

You're doing exactly that by recommending me some obscure film that probably only a dozen of stiff turtle neck critics have seen and think that it's the epitome of somber and tense filmography and others should be watching

All I said is that you're judging one title in a very hyperbole manner while missing a whole two thirds of it's content.

Edit: gag shows are a dime a dozen in anime, but because they are rare in cinema and literature that immediately makes Astra some rare gem? wouldn't it make it just generic and run of the mill content in it's own medium? I'm confused with that line of yours on what you're trying to say
KimurahSep 19, 2019 7:58 AM
Sep 19, 2019 7:49 AM

Jun 2015
I absolutely loved this anime and it's my anime of the season for Summer 2019.
It's rare to see an anime be a masterpiece AND manage to wrap up everything within 12 episodes. 10/10 would recommend. A
Read Toriko!
Sep 19, 2019 8:30 AM

Aug 2019
While I do admit the whole ‘oh no a problem, oh wait a solution’ that happened every episode got on my nerves, the very fact that they crammed all of that drama and plot twists in these 12 episodes made me far more emotionally attached to the characters than I thought I’d be. By the end of it, still many loopholes and questions but I was really happy for them. For all the heavy themes they had, there was a lot of lighthearted humour (which I absolutely love, well placed enough to get me smiling and really helped with portraying the friendships they built) and every character (excepttt maybe yunhua) grew on me.

It gave me that really warm satisfied feeling by the end of the series so props to them. I’m also glad the ending wasn’t ambiguous and showed us what happened after their return. 9/10 just because I’m emotionally charged after just finishing the last episode lol
Sep 19, 2019 8:42 AM
Sep 2015
Kanata should stay unmarried or dating Ulgar or Charce. Oh if his hand is still floating above Earth I should use that sample to clone him and keep him for my personal use!
Sep 19, 2019 8:46 AM

Feb 2015
I like it. it's a fun ride and interesting concept even tho there are few things that I don't really like but either way, I enjoy it a lot especially this two finale episode, 11 and 12. nothing makes better than an aftermath of a conclusion. the way they told us what happened for the characters after all of that, I loved that.

if I went full critical overall review on this anime I would give it a 7 or 8 maybe, but since I enjoy it a lot I gave it 9/10. this series managed to make me interested every episode came out and after the episode ended.

could have been better, but this is not so bad.
Sep 19, 2019 9:39 AM

Sep 2017
Kimurah said:
CHC said:

You're doing exactly that by recommending me some obscure film that probably only a dozen of stiff turtle neck critics have seen and think that it's the epitome of somber and tense filmography and others should be watching

All I said is that you're judging one title in a very hyperbole manner while missing a whole two thirds of it's content.

Edit: gag shows are a dime a dozen in anime, but because they are rare in cinema and literature that immediately makes Astra some rare gem? wouldn't it make it just generic and run of the mill content in it's own medium? I'm confused with that line of yours on what you're trying to say

You don't seem to understand what middlebrow means. Middlebrow doesn't mean "pretentious", the all-encompassing catchword used by those who never go out of their tiny intellectual comfort zone. A middlebrow taste means a taste for the kind of product that attempts to copy the intellectual achievement of high art, but is so water-downed that it requires little intellectual effort to digest.

What I'm basically saying, is that would I endure something like Mugen no Ryvius -- an unoriginal, middlebrow imitation of Lord of the Flies, if there are other much better "somber and tense" works about survival out there? The first 10 minutes of The Human Condition isn't shit. I didn't have to endure >200 mins until I finally get to see some good character study, or to get disappointed by discovering that there is none. No good writer can write shit opening, making every character looks like lifeless puppets who will mindlessly jump into conflict for the same reason for almost every fucking time whenever the writer thinks he needs some "intensive", one-dimensional drama rather than giving us a more complex view of the inner world of the cast. 8 episodes are more than enough to see whether the writer of the show is a good storyteller. Kanata no Astra at least didn't piss me off as much by taking itself so dead seriously while displaying absolutely no self-awareness of its bad writing. Kanata no Astra at least has a sense of irony and understands itself to be nothing more than a feel-good show for a silly lowbrow entertainment.

Anyway, if you insist that I can't say anything about anything I drop, just ignore my comment then. It has become pretty clear that we have very different taste by the way you described The Human Condition, so my opinion don't really matter to you nor yours to me. Perhaps I should've gathered that from your American Idol profile picture.
CHCSep 19, 2019 9:44 AM
Sep 19, 2019 9:51 AM

Aug 2012
I really enjoyed the series. They did a very faithful adaptation of the manga too. There were a few directorial flaws for me but that is ok.

I hope this anime opens the way for more science-fiction genre anime in the future.

Sep 19, 2019 10:03 AM

Aug 2015
A brilliant end to a great series, I thoroughly enjoyed both the manga and the anime, and am eagerly waiting for the next good series by the mangaka of this and sket dance manga
8/10 for the whole series
Sep 19, 2019 10:08 AM

Mar 2017
That was a perfect ending to a perfect anime! I'm being honest when i say that was actually one of the best anime i've ever seen and i wasn't even planning on watching it... Space anime has never been my thing. I'm so gutted that it's over 😭

I'm glad that they left enough time at the end to show each characters future in detail. I really wish that all of Team B5 went back to space though... that would've been awesome.

Can we all agree that Ulgar grew up into a major hottie! haha
Sep 19, 2019 10:41 AM

Dec 2014
ok like...this series was so wholesome still the very end...I am really amazed by it...I wish I could've given a score more than 10 to this...It left me with complete satisfaction
Sep 19, 2019 10:46 AM

Mar 2018
This... is the hidden gem of this Season and one of the few of this year.

I repeat myself but this anime felt really fresh. Every character had their own story which have been told and really loved the way how they handled it.
The animation itself was smooth and precise. Lerche is becoming better and better every season which is something to enjoy and look forward to. I liked what they did with the Opening, putting hints in there and most of the watchers didn't (or still don't) even recognize them because the OP aired like 3/4 times! It was fun when it showed!
The OST is also a soothing melody. The voice of Yunhua singing, the background music at the right time... Add space and the stars to it and you have my calm.

The last episode was handled PERFECTLY. I liked how Aries told the story while the timeskip happened, the transition from then and now, just great. Hats off for even completely adapting this piece of art and yes, making the right decision to make Episode 1 and 12 1-hour long episodes.

Even with this all, I had some questions about why leaving the Earth instead of facing the asteroid with high-tech technology. But questioning that wasn't an option because of the whole picture. It was an eye-candy to look at.

I would like to give it a 9/10. It's also good to see the score skyrocketing at the moment. Now if more people would watch this hidden gem, I would be satisfied!

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Sep 19, 2019 10:50 AM

Apr 2015
this series was definitely very fun
10/10
Sep 19, 2019 11:23 AM

Dec 2015
Solid anime overall

Really enjoying the ride. It's of course pretty cheesy and clear from the beginning catering towards younger audience, but it still have many moments that actually good.

Great job to the studio Lerche for this adaptation, especially when they dedicated longer running time for the first and last episodes, cutting OP and ED many times, and the movie-like aspect ratio throughout most of the screen time. And of course, wrapping the series nicely at the end.

8/10
Really need more non-mecha space show tbh
Sep 19, 2019 11:34 AM

Jul 2012
Fuck me sideways if that wasn't one of the most satisfactory endings I've ever witnessed.

I see some people love to nitpick or just point at plotholes. I mean, I get it, you want to be as real as possible, but why not just sit back and enjoy well-crafted adaptation? After all, it's a show that provides entertainment. Honestly, I'll never get people that focus only on negatives. Why did you watch it whole then?

Personally, I loved it. 9/10
Awesome signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 19, 2019 12:36 PM

May 2012
Amazing ending. Loved his show so much. Top 3 in his season after Vinland Saga and Dr.Stone
Sep 19, 2019 12:42 PM
Aug 2018
It is really an underrated anime and I don't think it will ever pop up again, to be honest. BUT, I have to say that I truly enjoyed the journey and I hope that more and more people will experience it in the future. The plot, the development, the artwork, the animation, the voice actors, everything was amazing (except the OST which could be way better). I am going to read the manga, even though the anime covered up the entire series. I hope the source material to be equal to the anime.
Sep 19, 2019 1:04 PM
Apr 2016
I knew! the name was not supposed to be translated at all. It's Kanata's home, planet Astra. Kanata's Astra! 'Em fools pretending to fathom English...
The series is a hardcore Science-Fiction which, through author's genius, ties in Sci-Fi with actual human history and its possible development. It sure was amazing for having a 0 bodycount on-screen and STILL being brutal and tragic at times. I wonder what the author creates next. Per Aspera, Ad Astra.
Re:formed
Sep 19, 2019 1:38 PM

Jun 2016
I really loved this anime, I want to read the manga.
The ending is lovely but it doesn't leave any room for a sequel or so it seems...
Sep 19, 2019 2:56 PM

Nov 2016
Definetly not a cliche shor shounen anime as I was expecting at the start of the season, maybe that's why my expectations went off when no one died in the first 5 episodes and things like that.

But I have to say that the plot is top tier, the idea the story telling, everything is top tier, the main characters are TOP TIER, definetly this is the first anime where I see a lot of characters (not 1 or 2) getting the development they deserve.

I`m not going to talk about how good was the animation and the fact that we had 2 episode of 50 mins, because you can't say that it was bad.

Definetly loved this anime, and the fact that they adapted everything made it better. 9/10
Sep 19, 2019 2:59 PM

Jan 2013
I hate how Funi was just there to be a plot device for the clone plot i actually forgot she exist halfway into the series and i was looking forward to her the most. The world plot was just pretty dumb already didnt liked it when Polina made the first cliffhanger with it. Also Kanata is fricking jesus why not give some other charas some screentime or some action? Nice start but felt really dissapointed in the end sadly.
Sep 19, 2019 2:59 PM

Jan 2016
I'm gonna straight of the bat give this a 9/10, it been a GOOD while since I enjoyed a pure adventure like this.

It has flaws I'll admit yes but in the end, we watch anime to get enjoyment out of it right? Those small flaws were overshadowed by what was a wonderful cast, a well-orchestrated story, good animation, superb songs and OSTs and this in my book is what it takes to make a good anime.

I choked up a bit when they all thanked Kanata and in the end, he really has become one of my more beloved MCs because he was just that simple and good. I couldn't have asked much for from the ending except maybe Kanata confronting his dad.

9/10, must watch for "BOKUEN" lovers
FireFistYKSep 19, 2019 3:07 PM
Sep 19, 2019 4:07 PM
Sep 2019
Bagaimanapun Ini Anime Terbaik di Musim ini dan itu Tak Terbantahkan Salute for Kanata no Astra 10/10
Sep 19, 2019 4:48 PM
Jan 2009
There was a moment, I thought for a second it was going to end before they landed home and tied everything up. Then I checked the run time and realized we're good, plenty of time. I felt relief.
Sep 19, 2019 5:26 PM

Oct 2015
For a final episode, it sure was pretty chilled and happy! Bad guys went to jail, Kanata married Aries, They grew up to be fine grownups, Charce became king, Funi became a fine high schooler, Ulgar became a journalist, Yunhua became a singer and Quitterie became a model. Luca also looked hot though.

Overall this was a great journey! I liked how Kanata carried the group onto his back and made it safely with everyone. I also liked the mysteries surrounding the series and the moments shared by the characters. The characters were memorable for me, and will miss them dearly. They bonded well to an unlikely experience, and were able to overcome that obstacle. The only problem is that no major character died, which didn't quite showcased the intensiveness of the situation. But I enjoyed it, the characters were good, the setting was great, the animation was really nice, and the plot was flowing great. I don't see why I should give a lesser rating at all. I bet people who gave this a poor rating either hated space anime( don't understand why you didn't read the tag!) or you were Andrei Chikatilo in your previous life.

9/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 19, 2019 5:37 PM
Dec 2018
One of the best anime ending I ever seen.
Sep 19, 2019 5:45 PM

Oct 2015
Good concept, solid start, but characters with very forced interactions, bad dialogue and tons of exposition and unnecessary plot twists towards the end.
Sep 19, 2019 6:26 PM

Jul 2017
Fucking wild ride. I just binge watched this anime and i will say it: this was one of the best survival anime i've ever seen, and one of the best written ones as well. Understanding the mystery behind the characters circumstances, understanding why were they all sent to space, uncovering the truth about planet Astra, seeing the characters being developed while everyone was working together to overcome all of the diverse obstacles along the journey back home... I am absolutely speechless and i've never seen so many jaw-opening moments in only one anime. Also, this ending was just the perfect piece left to complete the puzzle. Fuck the originals and let them burn. 9/10 (super high 9, because it took me a bit to get really invested on it)
WaterLordSep 19, 2019 6:30 PM
Sep 19, 2019 6:30 PM
Oct 2018
It's so rare to find this kind of masterpiece lately. This is so good that I can enjoy every second in each episode. Hope anime industry will begin to give attention to this type of anime instead of nonsense comedy, and forget about the quality.
Sep 19, 2019 6:37 PM

Sep 2016
Overall decent series. Glad they went with a longer last episode instead of trying to cram everything into 20 mins cause it still felt rushed. However, I'd be way more salty about loosing my arm...
Sep 19, 2019 7:08 PM
Feb 2013
Honestly while the show did have its shortcomings, I don't think I've gotten this much solid enjoyment out of an anime in a while. The pacing was pretty great throughout, they gave time for all the characters to grow and actually endear themselves to the viewer, put constant small details in, and had a pretty rational explanation for most every action the characters took. I never quite felt the pressure of danger to characters during the middle episodes but in the beginning and end I did. The cliffhangers were even well done usually.

This last episode is pretty much how you end a show in my book. Wrapped up the loose ends, didn't force crazy fast pacing, didn't have world breaking plot twists every half second, and really drove home the fact that everyone was getting to live their own lives. I wish we'd gotten to see a little more of what everyone was up to, but even just having Yunhua sing over the launch of the Astra was such a nice touch.

It was nothing revolutionary, but I still enjoyed it enough to give it an 8 for the time being. More than I can say for most things this season, that's for sure (looking at you Arifureta).
Sep 19, 2019 8:37 PM

Apr 2009
Not bad. Everything wrapped up/resolved. Aries was definitely my favorite character in the show. Finished the manga like 2 weeks ago myself. Really like how Lerche handled this adaptation for the most part. Practically managing to get 14 episodes out of too thanks to the 1 episodes in order to get almost everything in.
Sep 19, 2019 9:04 PM

Apr 2010
This was a fun watch. I’ll miss this show.
Sep 19, 2019 9:08 PM

Dec 2009
Starmiya said:
I hate how Funi was just there to be a plot device for the clone plot i actually forgot she exist halfway into the series and i was looking forward to her the most. The world plot was just pretty dumb already didnt liked it when Polina made the first cliffhanger with it. Also Kanata is fricking jesus why not give some other charas some screentime or some action? Nice start but felt really dissapointed in the end sadly.

Yeah I'm disappointed that Funi really got to do nothing and had no agency as a character unlike the rest of the cast. She had a pretty good interaction with Ulgar at the end that made it feel like he was like a big brother figure to her (I liked that he had her star on his hat) but I wish we saw more of their interactions in the series to have it feel earned.
Sep 19, 2019 9:10 PM

Nov 2012
I don't know what exactly it was missing but I didn't think it was a 10/10. Don't get me wrong it was still very enjoyable and one of the better animes of this year, but not amazing to the point I'd give it 9-10/10. I'd say a solid 8/10. I do think it deserves more attention though, I haven't seen many people talk about it!
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2019

202 by DebiPS »»
Apr 18, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2019

304 by Sakagami_Tomoyo »»
Mar 3, 5:10 PM

» how this is not more popular.

Sayms - Jan 15, 2022

21 by asalkur »»
Jan 2, 10:45 AM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2019

168 by asalkur »»
Jan 2, 5:40 AM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2019

236 by naturalbrawler »»
Dec 30, 2023 9:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.