Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 17, 2019 10:20 PM

Jan 2017
Seems like most people usually assume anime fans are grease balls who find 3 week old crumbs under their flabs (although anime has become pretty mainstream now so maybe not anymore).

How many of us actually stay fit and workout at least 2 days a week? Could be doing an extensive sport, weight lifting, martial arts, hiking or whatever else.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 17, 2019 10:31 PM

Jan 2017
running with fasting
i run up to 15 miles a week

fasting is amazing
looking to integrate weightlifting for general fitness
Sep 17, 2019 10:33 PM
Jul 2018
doubtful it's uwu

walk my dog 3x a day uwu it's enough as long as I can be under 135 lbs uwu
Sep 17, 2019 10:36 PM

Jan 2017
nessarosie said:
doubtful it's uwu

walk my dog 3x a day uwu it's enough as long as I can be under 135 lbs uwu
What are you triggered over? lmao chill out mate. If I didn't work out I wouldn't be making this thread.
Sep 17, 2019 10:39 PM

Feb 2010
if you mean fight as in lifting weights at the gym if you mean staying healthy.

then no to the first and yes to the second.

unfortunately i am not really in a point in my life where i have enough free time in a day to go to the gym ;_;
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Sep 17, 2019 10:41 PM

Apr 2013
Haven't really had enough free time in the last months, but starting October that will change. Will try to go running or to the gym at least twice a week again.
Sep 17, 2019 11:02 PM

Jun 2016
I work out 2-3 days a week, I mostly do olympic weightlifting and powerlifting with some accessory exercises added into the mix. Looking decent is a nice benefit on the side, but I mostly do it to have fun and keep getting stronger, I like to see my progress in those two sports.
I also make sure to do facepulls whenever I can since my gym buddy recommended them to me, it's hella fun.
Sep 17, 2019 11:32 PM
Jul 2018
I do mostly cardio with 30 mins of weights. I work out whenever I have time in the morning.
Sep 17, 2019 11:35 PM

Jan 2009
the only exercise i do is im usually standing all day long when doing house chores and using my desktop computer that have a standing desk (i do not have a smartphone so i cannot lie in bed while browsing the internet)
Sep 17, 2019 11:51 PM
Jul 2018
i mean according to conventional clickbait article wisdom a large % of females prefer a """"dad bod"""" (mmmm nothing like an out of shape soy gut) to a six pack so it's pretty pointless to even exercise am i right

but really though i do, often more than twice a week

Sep 18, 2019 12:04 AM

Nov 2008
I think Kirk Douglas exercised like fifteen minutes a day. He is 102 years old. The kind of fitness people preach is so overrated.

Sep 18, 2019 12:28 AM

Aug 2012
I've always been fit. It was never an option of exercising or not, because as a kid I did fuck all and I still remained fit. Now I just go to the gym a couple of times a week to help streamline my body.
Sep 18, 2019 12:36 AM

Jul 2016
I've always done a lot of walking ever since I was a kid, so I've got super-buff legs, but nothing else. I did start a small exercise routine a few months ago. I think it's starting to have a physical effect on my arms.
Sep 18, 2019 12:54 AM

Apr 2012
You don't need to specifically 'workout' in order to stay fit. I just walk everywhere I go (within my home city) at high speed.
Sep 18, 2019 1:33 AM

Jan 2017
logopolis said:
You don't need to specifically 'workout' in order to stay fit. I just walk everywhere I go (within my home city) at high speed.
To be honest at most that would only help with very minor weight loss. Almost anyone who uses public transport walks around at least 2 hours in their day getting from university or work. Not only will you lose any muscle you've built up over time but it also doesn't cut it for a real intensive cardio workout either. Guess it just depends on what shape you're in, for most people who have muscle to stay fit also means to maintain any muscle you've built up, which does require working out every now and then.
Sep 18, 2019 1:35 AM

Jan 2017
Erg_Orgy said:
I work out 2-3 days a week, I mostly do olympic weightlifting and powerlifting with some accessory exercises added into the mix. Looking decent is a nice benefit on the side, but I mostly do it to have fun and keep getting stronger, I like to see my progress in those two sports.
I also make sure to do facepulls whenever I can since my gym buddy recommended them to me, it's hella fun.
As expected from someone who likes Yakuza lol
Sep 18, 2019 1:39 AM

May 2014
Used to do an hour of intensive cardio with some weight lifting everyday. Now i've got a job i count that exercise. Not going to waste my precious free time exercising! Thankfully i've never had an issue with fitness and my weight, even when i never worked out much. My BMI is perfect. It's leaning slightly towards the underweight side, but still a healthy weight for my height.
Sep 18, 2019 1:50 AM

Jan 2017
fancyjasper said:
Used to do an hour of intensive cardio with some weight lifting everyday. Now i've got a job i count that exercise. Not going to waste my precious free time exercising! Thankfully i've never had an issue with fitness and my weight, even when i never worked out much. My BMI is perfect. It's leaning slightly towards the underweight side, but still a healthy weight for my height.
Fair enough I guess. It's still a good thing to do to take out built up stress even if you're happy with your fitness. Even just doing some pushups at home when you have a free 10/20 minutes or waiting on something is a good habit to have.
Sep 18, 2019 1:56 AM

Jul 2009
I'm the most fit I've been this year, which is funny since I've been exercising less because of my insane university workload. I only hit the gym two to three days a week, but I make sure to maximize my sessions by doing all the core workouts and HIIT cardio. Drinking tons of water and doing a 180 on my diet also did wonders.

The neckbeard stereotype for anime fans is getting outdated, though. Many of the anime fans I know in my campus are pretty jacked and social.
Sep 18, 2019 3:19 AM

Feb 2019
I've always stayed naturally slim, no matter if I exercised or not, what I ate. Nowadays I jog for 40 minutes, 3 to 4 times a week, in parks, as that's cost-free, but I used to do crossfit not too long ago.
Sep 18, 2019 3:33 AM

Apr 2012
Cneq said:
To be honest at most that would only help with very minor weight loss. Almost anyone who uses public transport walks around at least 2 hours in their day getting from university or work. Not only will you lose any muscle you've built up over time but it also doesn't cut it for a real intensive cardio workout either. Guess it just depends on what shape you're in, for most people who have muscle to stay fit also means to maintain any muscle you've built up, which does require working out every now and then.

Well, I don't need to lose any weight and I'm not interested in being muscly. I just want to be healthy. So if I can make it up a mountain at about half the amount of time recommended to allow, I'm happy.
Sep 18, 2019 4:26 AM
May 2019
Regular exercises, balanced diet, yoga along with my karate training keep me fit o(*^▽^*)o
Sep 18, 2019 4:33 AM
Jul 2018
So-so. Most times, I go little bit jogging two times a week and little bit work-out. I'm a lazy piece of shit, that's why I don't do it more often.
It's my nutrition what's important to me, because I want to look good (or uhm okay lol) and feel good.
Sep 18, 2019 4:54 AM

Oct 2010
Eh, it could be worse. I'm a bit overweight because I eat a lot, but at the current point in my life it's just an aesthetic issue. My medical analyses are fine and my diet is diverse enough. Still, planning to do some workout regularly to lose some weight and be more in shape. My legs are quite fit though, it's mostly the upper part of my body I have to work out on.
Sep 18, 2019 5:32 AM

Feb 2010
I just recently started going to the gym again for the first time since 2013 and am currently doing it ~4 times a week. But I was never overweight (80kg at 190cm) and my medical analyses are fine as well. I mainly want to improve my cardio since that has gone to shit over the years, and I'm kinda enjoying the feeling of exhausting my muscles and tiring myself out so my routine is to start with running and then do some of the workout machines that focus on shoulders, chest, arms and legs. I'll never do weightlifting tho, that's just not my thing and not my crowd.

In general I have no real interest in bulking up or adjusting my diet, I enjoy eating whatever I want too much to put restrictions on my food intake. I'm not gonna make a lifestyle out of going to the gym, I just do it because I enjoy it right now. Being tired helps me fall asleep at night which has been an issue for me since forever, and working out distracts my mind from some of the shit it would otherwise torment me with. The physical health benefits are secondary and the potential aesthetic benefits are completely irrelevant to me.
I probably regret this post by now.
Sep 18, 2019 5:34 AM
Feb 2017
I run 5 days a week (May up it to 6) and lift weights roughly 4 times a week. I’m looking more for a muscular build though. I only weigh 135 pounds at a height of 5’8” (~61.235kg and ~172.72cm) and it’s a bit harder for me to gain the muscle since I’m an ectomorph but I won’t let it slow me down. Tbh I’m decently muscular for my size but I want to be bigger, then again I look up to bodies like Baki and I might just be dreaming too much.
MegaStrideSep 18, 2019 5:43 AM
Sep 18, 2019 7:29 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
I'm so fit, sometimes I use photoshop to make my pics look more realistic.
Sep 18, 2019 7:31 AM
Jul 2018
i have an extracurricular which has me being physical for an hour everyday, but other then i do a lot of walking to and from where i need to go. i've never had an issue with being overweight, even though i eat a lot, so diet isn't an important thing to me right now
Sep 18, 2019 7:36 AM

Mar 2018
The only physical activity I practice is my walks from pc to toilet and that's it. I've never been fat thanks to my fast metabolism which could let me eat a whole house and I'd be fine afterward. The only thing I suffer from is extreme tiredness from my complete inactivity. I would ofc like to fix this but I've no will to work on it.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Sep 18, 2019 7:41 AM
Jul 2018
Work alone is already exhausting enough for my 160lb/6ft body.
Sep 18, 2019 10:37 AM

Jan 2018
I prefer taking exercise but not right now though.

I wanted to a kind of fit more than being the chubby guy.
Sep 18, 2019 12:31 PM

Mar 2017
Yeah I workout out 3-5x per week for normally 11-13 hours total. I boulder and do supplemental exercises
Sep 18, 2019 12:45 PM

Nov 2016
I mostly do Calisthenics now, using weights only for legs (squats, deadlift, lunges, and hip thrust, are the only movements I do with weights). During Uni days, I do total body workouts 3 times a week. The rest of the year, I do Push/Pull/Legs or Total Body Push/Pull split 6 times a week. Currently looking to master Hefesto and Front Lever.
Sep 18, 2019 1:04 PM

Apr 2013
I'm a bookworm, and I can still answer fully "yes" to that question and I've left behind my 20s a long time ago, as I'm closer of leaving my 30s behind as well.
Sep 18, 2019 1:17 PM

Dec 2016
I work out fairly often, though on the whole it feels like a chore and it eats away at my free time. I envy those who can stay fit without exercising...

What's the difference?
Sep 18, 2019 1:18 PM

Aug 2009
My exercise is loading trucks for Fed-Ex 6 days a week. Which is around three to four hour shift. So I do get a lot of exercise. But because I like to eat a lot I am a little overweight.
Sep 18, 2019 1:26 PM

Nov 2013
I exercise a bit every week. I've also cut back largely on sugary drinks and unhealthy snacking. What you eat plays a bigger role in being slim than exercising.
I'm not muscular, but I'm lean and at a healthy weight

I can see you

Sep 18, 2019 2:32 PM

Feb 2010
i do workout for few hours 2-4 times a week just to keep up my health also do yoga stuff if it counts
Sep 18, 2019 2:33 PM

Jun 2015
HAH you won't see my ass exercising. My fupa is kinda evenly spread so I have a pretty slender build for a somewhat thicc dude. That's what people tell me. Plus I can eat 3 hamburgers or cereal and my weight will stay the same. Probably a cool ass metabolism...

I do walk to and from school every day though, which is like 13,000 steps. Does that count as exercise?

I'd fucking die if you told me I had to go to the gym though. I wouldn't be able to stand being around so many people doing something like that, especially around gym chads. Mostly why I gave up on sports as well, too much testosterone and obnoxious overconfidence.
ShadowMonkeySep 18, 2019 2:47 PM
Sep 18, 2019 2:48 PM

Jul 2014
My job is very physical. Lots of lifting and pushing heavy stuff. If I dont eat 4 times a day, I end up losing weight.

Edit: Also work at least 100 hours every 2 weeks
Sep 18, 2019 3:29 PM

Apr 2014
Your poll has reminded me that Doritos are a thing. I’ll be picking up a bag today. Thank you
oh snap
Sep 18, 2019 3:38 PM

May 2016
I love working out! I usually workout around 5 to 6 times a week. Dragon ball Z and JoJo are actually big reasons I started working in the first place.
Sep 18, 2019 3:54 PM

May 2017
I tried to get into running a few months ago but then slowly fell out of it and went right back to my regular schedule of sitting around all day. I always get motivated for a good while then slump out of it, it's like a cycle that rolls all throughout the year.
Sep 18, 2019 4:30 PM

Oct 2017
Anime got me into working out espcially dragon ball z and even into basketball with kuroko no basket. Ever since I watched Dragon ball super: broly i've been even more active in the gym and been going ever since I watched the movie back in January.
Sep 18, 2019 4:40 PM

Mar 2019
I play table tennis 1-3 times per week and I skateboard a lot; that's about it; I'm quite slender and fit.

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Sep 18, 2019 4:47 PM

Jul 2017
I do weightlifting 3x a week since you can really just combine lots of muscles together (back/bi, chest/tri, leg and shoulders just randomly together lol). Plus, if you add something like negatives (highly recommend) to the lifting, you can really get more reward in less time

I wanna do more cardio and abs again, but the former I just really don't like the feeling doing it (I know it's worth it at the end but still) and the latter I'm just too lazy lul
Sep 18, 2019 5:01 PM

Apr 2012
I do lift weights 2 to 3 times a week. When the weather is nice, I also like to jump rope as well. And before somebody ask if I do boxing, The answer is no, but I have done some shadow boxing.
Sep 18, 2019 5:36 PM

Oct 2010
I run 2-3 times per week and do strength training twice a week. I also do a lot of walking on a daily basis since I don't have a car.
Sep 18, 2019 5:42 PM

Aug 2018
I started a week ago to go running , it's nothing much only for like 30 min cuz my legs get sore , I'm not gonna lie I got a lot fat bcz of anime xD , but now I started training and I hope I will have enough motivation to continue

"I want to show that woman the true Yoshikage Kira. I want her to hear how I feel deep inside. That I want to take your slender neck into these hands and strangle you to death."

Sep 18, 2019 7:29 PM

Dec 2010
I go biking every evening for at least an hour.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» How do you know other people actually exist?

purple_rayn - Yesterday

11 by Sad »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » JAPAN?

BaronLukis - Apr 17

22 by mentalmondai »»
8 minutes ago

» Is this forum dead? It seems like it.

DesuMaiden - Apr 17

45 by Sad »»
11 minutes ago

» What do you think about law enforcement (police) in your country?

Sad - Apr 16

28 by Sad »»
16 minutes ago

» What hobbies, skills, or common views do you wish a significant other had?

IpreferEcchi - 5 hours ago

6 by DesuMaiden »»
39 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.