Forum Settings
Forums

Why do some popular anime fall into obscurity very quickly?

New
Sep 16, 2019 4:36 PM

Dec 2016
What makes a popular show not achieve a classic status and still be disused and remembered by people. What do they do wrong to be immediately forgotten after they finish airing.
And also which show do you think in the future will be forgotten?

I personally can think of only these 2 shows which were very popular but fell into obscurity in no time.
한 번만 살지만 제대로 하면 한 번이면 충분해요
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 16, 2019 4:38 PM

Jan 2009
Darling in the FranXX memes are still strong though but not here on MAL

as for the overall topic its because there is new anime each season (every 3 months) so recency bias strikes more
Sep 16, 2019 4:45 PM

Mar 2015
They failed to create an everlasting impact on the viewer. So they're easily forgotten. Mostly due to the undeserved ending.

But I love Rokka no Yuusha though, that show is something I haven't seen in anime for a long long time. It merged so many elements into its story and actually make it work very well. It's historical, action fantasy yet mysterious and dramatic.
The world is not beautiful. Therefore, it is.
Sep 16, 2019 4:47 PM

Jul 2012
Yeah Darling in the FranXX I still see a ton of references for but in cases like Rokka no Yuusha it was popular largely due to the story base. So given that it's been over four years since it aired it makes sense that it isn't heavily referenced because it's strongest aspects are pretty much limited to the show structure itself.

Generally if a show lasts notably longer in the public eye past its release date there are three strong factors that contribute:
1. It's highly memeable/quotable.
2. It was an extremely controversial/divisive series amongst people who watched it.
3. It is a series actively getting updates (new seasons/movies/spin-offs/etc.).

To use a currently airing series as an example, Vinland Saga is going to die super fast after it airs. It's not a particularly bad show, there was a fair amount of hype around it, but if it doesn't get another season or major update nobody will ever talk about.
GamerDLMSep 16, 2019 6:42 PM
Sep 16, 2019 4:50 PM

Aug 2017
Cuz most of them are shit, especially Shit in the FranXX.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 16, 2019 4:57 PM

Apr 2016
What makes an anime ables to be reminded is the community of fans that manages to create. As long as they remember the series, it will be remembered. When a series isn’t able to create a big community of fan, it will forgotten by the time. That’s true for the majority of the series, I think. There are some exceptions like the series most popular on MAL, but in general not only on MAL, that for a big amount of years are discussed.
Sep 16, 2019 5:25 PM

Jul 2013
Popular anime as in battle shounen? well, they just come and go, what do you expect? kids watch one tiresome plus derivative battle shounen anime and move on to the next "best" one.
Sep 16, 2019 5:39 PM

Feb 2010
I guess the meaning of 'obscurity' must have changed since I last looked it up.
I probably regret this post by now.
Sep 16, 2019 6:03 PM

Sep 2014
Because people can barely remember what happen in an episode the second after watching it.
Sep 16, 2019 6:49 PM

Sep 2018
Seasonal anime man, they come and go and people move on

(Also cuz they’re probably not that good...looking at you darling in the shithole)
Sep 16, 2019 7:30 PM

Dec 2014
Do you even know what obscurity means? And what defines a classic? Darling in the Franx would need at least another 10 to 15 years, to even make the first step towards becoming a classic. Is been just like what? 1 year? And I am sorry, I don't know where you live, but on my planet, I doubt anyone forgot about it. Sure, it disappointed in the end, and many hate it for it, but is far from falling into obscurity, and is not more ''forgotten'' than most of the anime in the previous seasons. I don't really know what do you expect - for us to talk about it daily? Make an exclusive Forum? Build a shrine?
As for Rokka no Yuusha, I don't remember it being such a hit at the time... it has a score of bellow 7,48, is far from what you call popular, that's average. Sure there was a bit of hype at the time around it because it was an average season, and Rokka no Yuusha was surprisingly good... it was one of those anime that you don't really notice in the chart before it airs because the synopsis does not seem anything special, and then boom. Anyway, it had just 13 episodes and was built to promote the LN, so it obviously got buried under the hundreds of new anime that aired after.

What makes popular anime falling in obscurity... Time, not being popular enough and being left unfinished. If you look at all the anime that we consider classics or masterpieces, most of them are complete works. Is essential to have the full story to have a good anime. So anime that is popular, but ends up with having a single season or two, and no actual conclusion, generally end up forgotten, unless at least the end of the season is good enough to feel like a conclusion... Kind of like how it happens with Hunter x Hunter I suppose, or how it happened with Full Metal Panic for over a decade before we got a new season, or with Inuyasha. Something that is forgotten next season is not a popular anime, is just momentary hype, and it is forgotten despise initial popularity can mean only a disappointing ending or development.
But out of all the most important factor is time... Time can make much once-popular anime be forgotten by the masses. A better example of anime once very popular that truly fell into obscurity would rather be D Gray-Man, which is not mentioned all that often, and many newer anime fans know about, despite it being quite a big name a decade ago. It got another season some years ago and that rejuvenated it a bit, but it still remains obscure. But even so, D Gray-Man is definitely a classic. Good anime don't really get truly forgotten unless they haven't been noticed in the first place. If something was popular 10-15 years ago, as long as there are some of us who remember them, we will keep recommending them and they will live one. But is normal that no anime will stay in the spotlight forever. Every anime has the scene for just as long as it runs, then it's place it taken by the new ones. What was good is remembered, and what wasn't is slowly forgotten.
Sep 16, 2019 8:47 PM

Dec 2016
Not enough people will talk about it or the show dropped in quality after reaching the highest point it can possibly go.
However, franxx is more of a meme than forgettable.
LazyChaserSep 16, 2019 8:58 PM
Sep 16, 2019 8:54 PM

Sep 2014
callling franxx obscure or forgotten is surely some sort of a joke ?

it's still damn fucking big, lol

and well, every finished show is getting less and less exposure as time passes since it aired. only natural, and it's not anime only thing either.
Sep 16, 2019 9:27 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
I see FranXX stuff posted daily on Discord, to the point where I'm kind of tired of looking at it. Iunno where you're coming from with that.

Sep 16, 2019 9:44 PM
Jan 2015
Uh FranXX is still talked and meme'd about pretty often and I still see plenty of Zero Two fan art and cosplay.

Rokka was a good show, but it had one season with no conclusion to the story.
My Queens

Sep 16, 2019 11:24 PM

Jun 2007
Was Darling in the FranXX really all that popular, though? Towards the end of its broadcast, it seemed like most of the audience was just watching to get it over with, and only not dropping it due to its connections to Trigger and similarities to past better-liked Gainax works like Gurren Lagann, Evangelion, and Gunbuster.

As others have said, even top-end shows have less staying power when there's so many titles being produced, a smorgasbord of new anime to keep up with and discuss every season, and reliable same-day translations for nearly all of them (credit goes to CR/Funimation/HiDive and other legal distributors for that state of affairs). It's not like how things were in the mid 2000s and before, when fewer anime were being made, and a lower percentage of them were translated on a weekly basis during the broadcasts.
Sep 17, 2019 12:02 AM

May 2009
GamerDLM said:
Yeah Darling in the FranXX I still see a ton of references for but in cases like Rokka no Yuusha it was popular largely due to the story base. So given that it's been over four years since it aired it makes sense that it isn't heavily referenced because it's strongest aspects are pretty much limited to the show structure itself.

Generally if a show lasts notably longer in the public eye past its release date there are three strong factors that contribute:
1. It's highly memeable/quotable.
2. It was an extremely controversial/divisive series amongst people who watched it.
3. It is a series actively getting updates (new seasons/movies/spin-offs/etc.).

To use a currently airing series as an example, Vinland Saga is going to die super fast after it airs. It's not a particularly bad show, there was a fair amount of hype around it, but if it doesn't get another season or major update nobody will ever talk about.
I think this is a reasonable assessment of the factors that make something memorable.

I'd expand "It's highly memeable/quotable" to include stuff like having very iconic and memorable characters/moments/premises, which naturally also aids people in remembering them.

Also, I think FranXX has both an iconic character and also a good number of people with strongly-held opinions on it. So I'd expect it to continue being a thing in chatter.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Sep 17, 2019 12:37 AM

May 2018
People remember trash, it makes strong impression.
Thus FranX will be remembered.

For a good show to be remembered it must be about 500% better than the rest. Only a handful of productions can achieve that.
Rokka no Yuusha was moderately good. Yes, pretty remarkable for a seasonal entry but only that. Thus it faded fast to obscurity. Maybe it wouldn't fade so fast if the adaptation continued and it got more seasons.

People are unfair.
They don't value properly good stuff, only noisy and flashy one.

Thus a certain amount of the so called classics are actually well remembered trash
alshuSep 17, 2019 2:51 AM
Sep 17, 2019 12:48 AM

Jul 2019
I guess it's probably because many people watch seasonals just cause they're popular. Said people also probably don't have any source of getting recommendations for good anime. So when a popular seasonal is going on, they just ride the bandwagon, and talk about it in conversations regarding all the OMG HYPE moments. And when then seasonal finishes, their interest in it is over. The new season starts every three months, and the bandwagon changes, so the popular anime of one season are forgotten the next season. Add onto this the fact that there's dozens of anime each season, and they've become MUCH more accessible in this time, and you got your answer, maybe. I'd say a classic anime has achieved its status because it was popular back when it aired, and was appreciated by not only the bandwagon jumpers, but also by people who can judge an anime with a functioning brain (How elitist of you, Sunbro), so they're fondly remembered by a wide variety and amount of people.
Sep 17, 2019 1:03 AM

Jan 2009
As anime became more like a product than a work of art, the nature of marketing also inflated their impact on the mainstream venue, most of these shows you refer to as "popular" are just 90% hype and no substance, PR became a huge part of commercial projects and so these shows subsist entirely on promotional campaigns and social media machinery, at the end they're going to be forgotten because they were never intended to be remembered anyway, once they got what they wanted out of people the whole illusion of greatness vanishes and you're left with nothing.

Just look at the staggering amount of "fan-made" material for specific franchises which for some reason never seems to come to an end, it's almost as if these artists are being requested to create art for that specific purpouse, I can only imagine what comiket must be like today.
Sep 17, 2019 1:17 AM

Jan 2014
Seasonal hype, they come and go. It's kinda hard to say why some anime can't stands the test of time, though the most important things is for it to generates "discussion".

It could be just about the meme (school days), could be that some character are stuck in people's head (Durarara), or just having a strong cult fanbase on it (To aru series), etc.
"This is boring...I'm bored..."
Sep 17, 2019 1:36 AM

Feb 2009
One is bad anime the other one is average thats what happen when people hype the wrong anime.

Sometimes people hype the studio and forget the quality of the show, they thing the don't make a bad anime.
Sep 17, 2019 1:45 AM
Mar 2016
Because anime community is ''hype thirsty''. They need that every season, and will eventually forget about shows previous season. Aside from some anime that manage to get a following, majority of shows (good and bad) are forgotten just when a new season rolls in.
Sep 17, 2019 1:50 AM
Jun 2017
TTagain said:
Because anime community is ''hype thirsty''. They need that every season, and will eventually forget about shows previous season. Aside from some anime that manage to get a following, majority of shows (good and bad) are forgotten just when a new season rolls in.
Pretty much this. After the hype has died off from a series concluding, the masses quickly forget why they cared about it in the first place and move onto the next regurgitation of old tropes rather than checking out something that isn't being sold to them by the advertisers as "good".
Sep 17, 2019 1:56 AM

May 2017
I still think fondly on the shows that I watched past seasons ago... so I don't know man.
Sep 17, 2019 1:57 AM

May 2018
I don't remember Rokka being popular.
Sep 17, 2019 3:44 AM

Jun 2017
Rokka is now more popular than in 2015 when it finished airing: http://web.archive.org/web/20151126020659/http://myanimelist.net:80/anime/28497/Rokka_no_Yuusha
Sep 17, 2019 4:07 AM

Dec 2016
a good idea does not mean a good realization

...even if i can't see you, no matter how far
away you may be...I will always be watching you.
Sep 17, 2019 6:25 AM
Jul 2018
To become popular an anime really needs a known name behind it. Preferably more names. A known director, known studio, known animators, known script writers, known producers, known franchise. If all of the above combine, the more chances it has to become popular and stay. Even if it gets a flawed execution. Eg Kiznaiver and Kids on the Slope have many issues yet they are remembered because of the names behind them. Same for Eden if the East due to the unique character design by C. Umino.
Eg if Frankxxx didn't have animation and character design by Trigger it would have faded to obscurity. People were seriously expecting ttgl successor.

This helps much more than a title with a unique story and execution but with names only known to a few who have also the burden of promoting it to others

Sep 17, 2019 6:45 AM

Mar 2016
Because what you define as "popular", is just the seasonal hype. Anime always get enough attention when they're still airing, but they aren't really widely known in the community. This existed since forever, but the number of people who watch seasonals is higher now than in the past and that's why you notice it.
“They call certain methods of fighting good and others evil, acting as if there were some nobility to the battlefield. Such illusions, perpetrated by heroes throughout history, have led countless young men to their bloody deaths, all for the sake of this valor and glory.”
~Kiritsugu Emiya
Sep 17, 2019 7:14 AM

Feb 2019
GamerDLM said:

Disagreed. Manga readers keep saying that what happens after the 1st season is the highlight of the whole manga. I doubt it will die fast unless Wit botches the the anime. Also anime is doing decently in Japan, so I won't be suprised if anime continues.
NotFredSep 17, 2019 7:20 AM
Sep 17, 2019 7:43 AM

May 2018
NotFred said:
GamerDLM said:

Disagreed. Manga readers keep saying that what happens after the 1st season is the highlight of the whole manga. I doubt it will die fast unless Wit botches the the anime. Also anime is doing decently in Japan, so I won't be suprised if anime continues.

The manga went downhill after
so if the anime reach that part at the end, the 2nd season won't be that good. I drop Vinland Saga manga because after that part because it become boring.
Sep 17, 2019 8:17 AM

Oct 2010
Can we just stop using the terms "fading into obscurity" when thanks to the internet communities you find talk about every show every minute in threads and videos that can be seen by thousands of people?
Sep 17, 2019 8:27 AM

Mar 2018
Very few shows deserve the title "classic". They must be game changers, have characters and or stories that truly stand out and maybe even lead to a couple of university papers or editorials. Most hyped shows are just hyped and "flavors of the month". It is the same in Hollywood and other entertainment venues. Very few movies and shows stand the test of time.

When it comes to anime shows, which are no longer ongoing or currently around in a new version I can think of only a few that are truly classics:

Rose of Versailles
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Kimba
Astro Boy
Clannad: After Story
Cowboy Bebop
DEATH NOTE
huntress1013Sep 17, 2019 8:32 AM
Sep 17, 2019 8:29 AM

Feb 2019
Gorochu said:
NotFred said:

The manga went downhill after
so if the anime reach that part at the end, the 2nd season won't be that good. I drop Vinland Saga manga because after that part because it become boring.

Funny. I believe it's the opposite imo. Manga got better after
Still, I respect your opinion.
Sep 17, 2019 10:16 AM

Jul 2012
NotFred said:
GamerDLM said:

But none of that really matters in regards to how often a series is referenced which is the focus of the thread. Outside of people who were already fans of the manga or in specific cases like a direct seasonal discussion I personally never see the show referenced at all. Unless the first season has something particularly amazing for the last 14 episodes then I'd stand by my point that nobody outside of die hard fans will care about it and it will fade into obscurity.
Just based on the first 10 episodes so far it doesn't seem to have the staying power to make it stand out or have a long lasting impression for general anime discussions. Granted I'm not a manga reader that's just my take on the first half so far.
Sep 17, 2019 1:38 PM

Feb 2019
GamerDLM said:
NotFred said:

But none of that really matters in regards to how often a series is referenced which is the focus of the thread. Outside of people who were already fans of the manga or in specific cases like a direct seasonal discussion I personally never see the show referenced at all. Unless the first season has something particularly amazing for the last 14 episodes then I'd stand by my point that nobody outside of die hard fans will care about it and it will fade into obscurity.
Just based on the first 10 episodes so far it doesn't seem to have the staying power to make it stand out or have a long lasting impression for general anime discussions. Granted I'm not a manga reader that's just my take on the first half so far.

I see what you mean. Even tho as a manga reader I can say that Vinland Saga haven't showed what's it's capable of. First 10 episodes were just building up about what will come. Even tho anime is still in the prologue. I only wished they speed up the pacing. It's not bad, but adding anime only filler isn't really helping. We would be already in the story if wasn't for the 5th and 6th episode. That are actually filler.

Personally, I doubt it will fade into obscurity. Unless Wit botches it.
Sep 17, 2019 2:04 PM
Jul 2018
Tbh, Franxx is still popular. Especially in the meme community. I'd say the show is a bit like Spice and Wolf (but worse) because they are only remembered for Zero Two and Holo and how they are top tier waifus. The other characters and aspects of the show, not so much.

I never really seen Rokka no Yuusha and I barely remember it being that popular.

There are actually several shows I think that have suffered from this. A very notable example is Yuri on Ice. During early 2017, I saw this series everywhere (also let's not forget about the infamous Crunchyroll anime awards). Now, I barely see a single bit of it.

Other 2 examples I can think of are Full Metal Panic and D Gray Man. These two shows were quite popular back in the day. But when their sequels, Invisible Victory and Hollow, came out, nobody seems to care about them anymore.

I guess it's because people would rather move on to newer shows than just hyping up into the same show for your whole life.
Sep 17, 2019 2:17 PM

Jul 2016
Allow me to add to the list of stupidly popular shows that hardly anyone talks about now:

Re:Zero
NGNL
Erased
Noragami
YLIA
Psycho Pass
Tokyo Ghoul
Akame ga Kill
Kill la Kill
every single top non-sequel seasonal show since 2017 up to and including the last season

All those anime have been buried now since the audience has moved on to the current, popular seasonal shows. The anime has done nothing wrong, they just happen to come out in a time where the hype train is going stronger than it ever has been.
Sep 17, 2019 2:38 PM

Jun 2019
kronopy said:
Kind of like how it happens with Hunter x Hunter I suppose, or how it happened with Full Metal Panic for over a decade before we got a new season, or with Inuyasha.

I'm in absolute agreement about an anime actually having to have a definitive end to be cemented as a true classic that can comfortably join the annals of other completed works in the popular consciousness, which sometimes sadly isn't possible for those based on manga source material when the manga has ran on for like 30 years with no end in sight.

However, Inuyasha had a definitive end. It just was relatively a little rushed/more condensed than the previous seasons preceding it. It neatly tied up not only the central conflict of the show, but the plot points and arcs of even minor and supporting characters, and left nothing unresolved or to mystery.
WatchTillTandavaSep 17, 2019 2:42 PM
Sep 17, 2019 5:00 PM

Nov 2008
Not every anime can be a Sailor Moon, One Piece, Naruto, Gundam, etc. Heck some anime fall in and out of obscurity (Sister Princess, besides Super Sonico, how many actual characters from anime, manga, and the like get to be a Vtuber?)

Sep 17, 2019 10:07 PM
Jul 2018
raisin-kun said:
Allow me to add to the list of stupidly popular shows that hardly anyone talks about now:

Re:Zero
NGNL
Erased
Noragami
YLIA
Psycho Pass
Tokyo Ghoul
Akame ga Kill
Kill la Kill
every single top non-sequel seasonal show since 2017 up to and including the last season

Huh. I would agree with Erased and YLIA, and maybe Akame ga Kill and Noragami.
But I still see people talking about NGNL and ReZero (probably because they're both isekai). I mean NGNL is still being talked about mainly for not having a new season (or maybe how good it is), while ReZero is still talked about because of the infamous waifu war between Rem and Emilia.
Kill la Kill and Tokyo Ghoul as well are still talked about because of the impact they made to the community.
Sep 17, 2019 10:28 PM

Sep 2016
There isn't anything very notable about most "popular" works that have come out recently.

ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴀꜱɪᴇꜱᴛ ᴡᴀy ᴛᴏ ᴋᴇᴇᴩ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ʜᴜʀᴛ
yᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ yᴏᴜʀꜱᴇʟꜰ
yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴀʟʟ yᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀɴᴅ yᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ʟᴇᴀʀɴᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʟɪᴋᴇ yᴏᴜʀꜱᴇʟꜰ
Sep 18, 2019 1:37 AM

Feb 2014
Oversaturation of the industry and instant access. There's too much shit coming out each season. In the 80's and 90's or even 10 years ago, there weren't as many anime coming out each season, and the only way people could watch anime was either on TV when they aired or reran, or by buying their discs. So popular anime got enough time to "marinade" in the minds of the viewers. But now, you're not only distracted by endless new anime, but you also have pretty much the entire archive of every anime ever created at your fingertips.
Sep 18, 2019 5:23 AM

Sep 2014
There're so many titles around, both old and new, and so much information (including tons of garbage-like one) from all spheres of life circulating around us, it's hard for our brain to get concentrated on a single thing for a long time. Watched titles most likely are shifted to deeper layers of our memory, just ike anything else that we don't use/think of on a regular basis, basically. I think it's somewhat similar to active/passive vocabulary which we accumulate while learning/using a language.

Current loud shows such as AOT, MHA will probably meet the same fate someday when they disappear from the radars (AOT manga is approaching its ending, so it will happen sooner, as for MHA, considering they're milking all of it with no prospect of stopping soon, it's hard to say when).

I believe hype can die for each show. We may remember it for how good/bad it was, for characters and production, and the emotions we felt from it, but it's practically impossible to revive the strongest feelings in their original form and amount we had when watching it for the first time.
Sep 18, 2019 11:42 AM
News Team
Demon Spawn

Apr 2017
Most popular anime nowadays focus on building up hype as opposed to leaving an impact with the audience. I can give you a full list of anime that had me so excited to watch, but there are very few recent ones that I can say hit me hard with a message, theme or execution
Sep 18, 2019 4:54 PM

Apr 2016
Lol xd so random factor don't last so long compared to spawning cesspool of a genre like sao is with isekai.
Sep 18, 2019 11:13 PM
Jul 2018
I remember when all of my friends loved Yuri on Ice.

Now I feel like the only one who remembers it.

I only watch like two seasonal shows per year, though. Everyone around me seems to follow multiple. If you watch a lot then it'll be easier for something to fade away in your mind.
Sep 18, 2019 11:22 PM

Apr 2013
Flavor of the season doesn't mean it's timeless.
Sep 19, 2019 12:44 AM

Jun 2015
Because they were simply never good to begin with, most of the time.

The seasonal anime community also moves at a very brisk pace. Rarely will any of these people have time in their lives to go back and watch older shows, since they already have their hands full of new seasonals.

💖 𝐼'𝓂 𝒽𝒶𝓎𝒹𝑒𝓃❣ 💖

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ 💝 𝒯𝓌𝒾𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓇 💝 𝒴𝑜𝓊𝒯𝓊𝒷𝑒 💝 ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆
💝 𝑀𝓎𝐹𝒾𝑔𝓊𝓇𝑒𝒞𝑜𝓁𝓁𝑒𝒸𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃 💝
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

115 by APolygons2 »»
4 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

73 by traed »»
8 minutes ago

» Post the Last Anime Items you bought ( 1 2 )

SpeedyAlchemist - Mar 10

69 by MasterTasuke »»
12 minutes ago

» Why are most current goblins green?

Absurdo_N - 7 hours ago

16 by LenRea »»
13 minutes ago

» Did you know that anime is amazing?

KryzakamiHrybami - Yesterday

19 by LenRea »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.