Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 16, 2019 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Jesus Christ, she just got introduced recently but Tio is already trying to get close to Hajime. Every time I see her, it looks like she's orgasming in his presence lmao

A lot of weird humor as usual. The combat looked flashy though, I guess? This show sure loves its firearms Hajime is taking care of business as usual.
Stark700Sep 16, 2019 6:26 PM
Sep 16, 2019 9:16 AM

Aug 2013
Not a bad episode. A lot of action in this episode with all those monster.

Sep 16, 2019 9:17 AM

Nov 2014
Is it just me or action this episode looked a bit better? Especially scenes when Hajime rushed with pistols - it was actually a decent animation O.o
I was rather happy when he killed that guy. While the comedic side of this story isn't bad, level of edginess was falling too much. Tho I'm a bit disappointed that it wasn't purely for his own safety.
Sep 16, 2019 9:29 AM

May 2011
The CGI is still cringe. But this episode was pretty solid.

Hajime's final decision, so merciless.

It was so Edgy, Yue had to explain Hajime's ulterior rational.

It's also a message sender.
CirrisSep 16, 2019 9:36 AM
Sep 16, 2019 9:43 AM
Feb 2009
bang bang sensei for the harem
Sep 16, 2019 9:44 AM

Mar 2019
you know... it more time this anime could be a lot better. CGI is awful but there's a lot of good things here
Sep 16, 2019 10:05 AM

Mar 2018
Mmm... I thought this fight to be pretty lame ngl
The animations were actually good for this anime but it really was pretty lame. Still remember how I couldn't stop reading there but didn't get any such feeling here

Liked the small bits of comedy this ep

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Sep 16, 2019 10:17 AM
Jan 2019
So the next episode will be about Myuu?I think the reunion with the classmates will not happen in this season probably.Or they can skip like usual and Give us a reunion chapter.
Sep 16, 2019 10:27 AM

Mar 2018
The episode was as trash as the ones before, so no quality changes so far(Not like I expected it to get better). Hajime pulling the trigger made me so happy lol.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Sep 16, 2019 10:55 AM

Jan 2013
teacher is annoying and stupid as always...as the person above said, hope this is the last we see of her
Sep 16, 2019 10:55 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Tio is just unbearable, she's a discount version of Darkness.
Sep 16, 2019 11:17 AM

Aug 2013
Cirris said:
The CGI is still cringe. But this episode was pretty solid.

Hajime's final decision, so merciless.

It was so Edgy, Yue had to explain Hajime's ulterior rational.

It's also a message sender.

I prefer that instead of forgiving him. I felt puzzled about why the guns can blow up monsters' heads but they didn't show us the same to the villain. At first I thought that he missed.
Please consider reading my novel for MAL x Honeyfeed Writing contest 2023 https://www.honeyfeed.fm/novels/12252
Sep 16, 2019 11:36 AM
Jan 2019
I honestly like the animation better then most of the anime with still pictures and fight scenes i think if people gave an honest score it would get atleast over 7.5
Sep 16, 2019 11:38 AM
Jan 2019
HinaILoveU said:
So the next episode will be about Myuu?I think the reunion with the classmates will not happen in this season probably.Or they can skip like usual and Give us a reunion chapter.
just hope people dont destroye this anime with hate and we actualy get a s2
Sep 16, 2019 11:42 AM

Aug 2019
The CGI is so trash.

Was hoping the 'villian' to be somewhat 'good', but no.

Can't tell if the teacher is dense or not.

Sep 16, 2019 11:43 AM

Feb 2018
Bjakugan said:
HinaILoveU said:

Didn't it already got destroyed?
Sep 16, 2019 11:47 AM

Jun 2014
Me, every week while watching Arifureta: *instinctively flips to MAL tab so I can deduct another point off this show's score*

Also me: oh wait, I already have this set to 1/10, and MAL wont let me rate lower
Sep 16, 2019 11:51 AM
Jan 2019
itzDixie said:
Bjakugan said:

Didn't it already got destroyed?
it did on MAL but in general like dvd sales and stuff for MAl its over unless the sistem dosent erase the people who gave little scores but only watched like 1-2 ep it still has some chance
Sep 16, 2019 12:04 PM

Mar 2019
Its still shitty CGI and Tio is just annoying
Sep 16, 2019 12:04 PM
Apr 2013
Man, the last two episodes were really bad... Well, this one at least had a somewhat good ending sequence.
Sep 16, 2019 12:20 PM

Jul 2015
Dumb bunny: There couldn't he possibly worse and more annoying character than me!
Bad CG masochistic dragon: LOL Hold my sake!

Sep 16, 2019 12:26 PM

May 2018
Well Hajime was a certified anti hero now..

What's Aiko's powers anywayz????
Sep 16, 2019 12:37 PM

Jun 2017
I think it was an okay epiode. Not feeling sorry for the dude who died lol. You don't fuck with Hajime, period. At least he keeps to his principles.

JiangHaoyi1979 said:

Apparently she got mad farming skillz.
Sep 16, 2019 1:10 PM

Jul 2019
The show's weaknesses are more present than ever but I was actually intrigued how things would play out this time.

By comparison bunny girl is now officially a likeable character. Everything is relative. I guess?
Sep 16, 2019 1:17 PM
Jul 2019
This episode was definitely better than last week's imo.

This series is just gonna have terrible animation, so I expect nothing less.

That "battle" was so incredibly dull and boring, but then again our MC is OP as hell. Just seemed like such weird buildup with all the citizens pitching in to prepare for battle just for them to do absolutely nothing and cheer. They were nothing more than the equivalent of a student section at a college game.

I'm feeling pretty neutral on Tio. She's a bit much but I can deal.

Why did he put the potion in his mouth to give it to her???

The teacher is too forgiving, and even tho the MC can be edgy to the point of it being cringeworthy, it was the right decision to make.
Sep 16, 2019 1:50 PM

May 2015
This is so unbelievably retarded its awsome.
Sep 16, 2019 2:22 PM

Jan 2016
I've got mixed feelings about this episode.

Cons:
Shimizu was just plain retarded
Sensei is one of the better characters but her trying to patch things up with a dude who raged war with a 60 000 strong army against you is plain ridiculous.
CGI was horrible and so was the battle.
I don't understand Hajimes character anymore, this is just probably something the anime messed up with but he can go from edgelord to being a nice guy in a matter of seconds which doesn't make any sense.
Tio is unbearable
The classmates had no role in this arc

Pros:
Hajime killing Shimizu was so satisfactory, heck Yue having to explain how he did it for a good reason kinda made the scene less impactful but good nonetheless.
Shea................ I actually like her.......
Sep 16, 2019 3:10 PM

Sep 2017
The...CGI was almost bearable, still bad, but bearable and better than this anime is used to

I...kinda like Tio's character (let's say I dislike her less than the other characters except Hajime), I like her masochistic side but she looks WAY too much like a discount Darkness. I mean, I love Darkness for sure, but Tio's character is really simillar, but REALLY weaker
Sep 16, 2019 3:35 PM

Nov 2016
Even a cheaper Darkness is still good enough, especially in a dire series like this.

Episode was surprisingly decent.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 16, 2019 3:41 PM

Sep 2011
Ashhk said:
Tio is just unbearable, she's a discount version of Darkness.

Yet she's still the best character of the bunch. Out of curiosity, are we going to call all masochistic characters a discounted Darkness from now on? That's giving Darkness way too much credit.
Sep 16, 2019 3:41 PM

Aug 2019
FMmatron said:
Even a cheaper Darkness is still good enough, especially in a dire series like this.

Episode was surprisingly decent.

Not just any kind of bootleg named Filed off darkness.

Skyrim Darkness.

And Hajime is just pretty much any High level Fallout 4 character.

Maybe the bad CGI is just a texture bug that will be fixed by a fan mod.

Sep 16, 2019 3:43 PM

Dec 2016
Will anyone explain what I meant this line at (~21:26) "that attack was supposed to kill your teacher"? What attack? Hajime attack was supposed to hit teacher??
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Sep 16, 2019 3:57 PM

Dec 2016
JiangHaoyi1979 said:

she as a teacher has vast knowledge from her (more advanced) world like agriculture, basic medicine, first aid, etc. Just imagine Senku from Dr Stone but not as main character (and less fun).

Manga recommendation:
Anime recommendation:
Sep 16, 2019 4:19 PM

Oct 2017
Leo said:
Not a bad episode. A lot of action in this episode with all those monster.

You mean BAD CG monsters , not only with ugly texture, but barely move at all?
They just stand there and getting hit like some cheap models.
All they do is like 2 frames action of slightly walking.
Ventus_SSep 16, 2019 4:26 PM
Sep 16, 2019 5:02 PM

Aug 2018
I'm really glad that Hajime fucked off this Shimizu, if he had landed him a potion, I'd have been pissed. At least he stays true to his own character.
Sep 16, 2019 5:33 PM

Nov 2017
Nieznajomy43 said:
Will anyone explain what I meant this line at (~21:26) "that attack was supposed to kill your teacher"? What attack? Hajime attack was supposed to hit teacher??
The demon that Hajime fired at after that bit was the one who aimed the attack thats on about,and it was supposed to kill Aiko,only Shea got her out of the line of fire first.
What I want to know is why everyone seems to be hating on Tio?
Come on,she's a total babe,a perv,hot,and a goddamn dragon.What more could you want? :)
Sep 16, 2019 5:37 PM

Jul 2017
AH...more puzzling that Hajime has to accept his teacher's proposal, felt that it was his role to do, not an obligation.

Tio is as what we say: a discounted Lalatina. Not sure what's her role in this, nothing more than just pure adulterated humour.

Battle is your average terrible 3DCGI that we've come to expect all this while. Plus the fact that even the classmates have been manipulated much, to even a worse degree than Hajime. Sure as hell we don't deserve such a teacher who forgives and reconciles in such a world, because these rules don't exist.

Splendid that Hajime took out the problem quicker than expected...but WHAT attack that was supposed to kill the teacher instead of Shimizu? I won't try because it wouldn't be explained.
Sep 16, 2019 6:41 PM

Feb 2017
Worst episode thus far...
yes, even worst than episode 1 if u ask me.
Arifureta is at its best when there's no action
involved at all.
Even mars of destruction had better CGI (joke xD)
Sep 16, 2019 6:58 PM

Mar 2012
This episode showcased how skipping the prologue and who these classmates even are did this series no favors. Why should anyone that hasn't read the source material care about the teacher or the complete 180 Hajime has towards his classmates? Art and CGI continue to be terrible. This show is like a train wreck I can't turn away from only because I'm curious how will they butcher it next.
Sep 16, 2019 8:45 PM

Aug 2013
My favorite part was when Shimizu straight up called Hajime an edgelord to his face.
Sep 16, 2019 10:25 PM
May 2017
Much better episode...This is an anime which could have been great....If only the studio was not hell bent on ruining it...Going yo reread the novel again
Sep 17, 2019 1:05 AM

Jan 2015
I suggest ya'all to read the prequel novel to the main storyline. The main characters are much more interesting and they all have a reason to exist and not just to increase the number count of a harem. More time worthy then this cluster fuck of a series we have here.
Your life to come is bound to make you smile
Sep 17, 2019 1:45 AM
Aug 2019
can't wait for megumin to join the party next!
Sep 17, 2019 3:44 AM
Sep 2019
Nieznajomy43 said:

The attack is in reference to the demon that fired that magic attack at the teacher, since the poison needle failed. This proves that the demons were involved in the monster invasion, but Shea stepped in to prevent it with her foresight ability.

This is what happens when the studio selectively chooses to skip important bits of the source material. Yue picks up on Hajime's intent. He was sparing his sensei the guilt of thinking that she failed her students because she couldn't bring them all home to Japan.

Instead Hajime shoots his classmate in front of her, even though the monster tamer would have died from his wounds anyway (as the Lord's son points out), and that way the sensei could place all of the blame/burden on Hajime. This is Hajime's consideration for his sensei. Hajime's stance is to kill all enemies after the abyss after all.

AvaerySep 17, 2019 3:58 AM
Sep 17, 2019 6:22 AM

Dec 2016
Avaery said:
Nieznajomy43 said:

The attack is in reference to the demon that fired that magic attack at the teacher, since the poison needle failed. This proves that the demons were involved in the monster invasion, but Shea stepped in to prevent it with her foresight ability.

This is what happens when the studio selectively chooses to skip important bits of the source material. Yue picks up on Hajime's intent. He was sparing his sensei the guilt of thinking that she failed her students because she couldn't bring them all home to Japan.

Instead Hajime shoots his classmate in front of her, even though the monster tamer would have died from his wounds anyway (as the Lord's son points out), and that way the sensei could place all of the blame/burden on Hajime. This is Hajime's consideration for his sensei. Hajime's stance is to kill all enemies after the abyss after all.

@Starhammer

Wait, so evil classmate didn't wanted to kill teacher before he was killed by Hajime? I was expecting that they skipped scene when evil classmate was preparing dagger or something to kill teacher or Shia's vision suggesting that keeping alive evil classmate would be bad idea, therefore showing that this guy is irredeemable and can be only killed, if not it was pointless death.
Manga recommendation:
Anime recommendation:
Sep 17, 2019 6:25 AM

Dec 2016
Kmlshblr said:
Wait i quite didn't get yue's explanation on how hajime killed him for a good reason can someone explain please

if they didn't skipped any scene (comment above) then there was no good reason.
Manga recommendation:
Anime recommendation:
Sep 17, 2019 6:27 AM
Aug 2014
There was no reason for that mouth to mouth with his teacher. I love it.
Sep 17, 2019 6:33 AM
Nov 2018
For a moment I was thinking how cool it would be if the enemy leader turned out to be the real Hajime. And the one we have been following has been a copy due to his powers somehow, when he fell to the lower levels.

Enjoying an Arifureta battle is a new experience for me!

Glad they didn't let Shimizu come back and change for the better.

Tio is the funniest part of this anime now. She wants the rod.

Reading the Arifureta wiki - the teacher is only 140 cm tall. Just thought that was interesting.
Sep 17, 2019 7:01 AM

Apr 2011
Bad CGI but the action is okay.

Good thing he killed Shimizu.
Sep 17, 2019 7:01 AM

Dec 2010
Since this is an anime, I was expecting a reaction to the mouth to mouth, but surprisingly there wasn't any.

Guess the teacher was mature enough to focus on the dying student first?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2019

383 by Rishabh1348 »»
Mar 5, 9:52 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2019

103 by TsunamiYT »»
Mar 2, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2019

173 by Seabury »»
Jan 14, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2019

158 by Seabury »»
Jan 13, 7:04 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2019

171 by Mizangrh »»
Dec 26, 2023 8:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.