Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: When a new anime is released, what will you do first?

Sep 16, 7:28 AM
I have collecting and downloading anime for years, I stored my collection and burn it in DVD. When there is new anime and it does look good, I decide to watch it until the end. If the ending is good and can be accepted, I download the entire episodes. But if the opposite, I choose to abandon it.

Maybe some of you already watch raw version before the sub or dub edition released so you can choose to download or not when it released.

But if you download the episodes until the end and know that the ending is disappointing, do you feel regret that you're wasting time and money? Do you decide to delete it after that?

Sep 16, 7:35 AM
I first tend to watch the anime online just incase it may not be something I enjoy.
The ending may be disappointing. But I mainly tend to focus on how the journey is executed. So no I rarely feel disappointed about it.

Sep 16, 7:40 AM

Always torrent. Best quality, no issues of availability, or stream cutting out. Plus I like to actually have the anime in my possession. Streaming vs torrenting is like renting vs owning, for me.

Then there's the paranoid side of me that thinks there will come a time when both forms of pirating will be shut down for good so I want to horde as much anime on my hard drives as possible. Then there's the really paranoid side of me that worries Japan will give in to western values and many anime which sexually depict girls which even appear under 18 will become banned material, thus becoming very hard to get a hold of.

Both these things are possibilities. And just like my list on this site, I want to keep my memories in a safe place that I can revisit anytime.
Lastest Blog Post: Haganai: How an Ecchi Harem Romcom Became my Favorite Anime

Reading: Axanael (VN)
Watching: Choyoyu, Saikoro Club, Gekihatsu Boy, Cautious Hero, Rifle is Beautiful, Honzuki, Noukin
Recently Finished: HenSuki (3), Takagi-san 2 (7), Machikado Mazoku (5), Stargazer (VN)(8), Kanata no Astra (7), High Score Girl: Extra Stage (8), UchiMusume (6), Granbelm (9)

Girl: Anna Fugo (Granbelm)

Sep 16, 11:00 AM

YossaRedMage said:
Then there's the paranoid side of me that thinks there will come a time when both forms of pirating will be shut down for good so I want to horde as much anime on my hard drives as possible. Then there's the really paranoid side of me that worries Japan will give in to western values and many anime which sexually depict girls which even appear under 18 will become banned material, thus becoming very hard to get a hold of.

I thought I was the only one to think like that, the anime paranoia is real.

I download best quality I can find and if I love the anime I store it.
"Even if there's a wide world and stories
beyond the main focus, I don't think
it's necessary to end with the protagonist having
been involved in everything." - Yagi Norihiro

Sep 16, 12:26 PM
*sips coffee*

Always download, unless it's incredibly obscure (thus meaning no seeders). That's the only way I can reliably obtain 1080p. If it's a show I really liked or plan to rewatch for whatever reason I'll keep it on my hard drive, but otherwise, I'll just dump it afterwards.

Sep 16, 12:30 PM

I will start the download, grab something to eat, and then I enjoy a full HD episode instead of shitty streaming quality.
http://steinsgate.jp/10th/ FGO:591,495,201 (NA)

Sep 16, 12:50 PM

I used to do that way back, when streaming websites had terrible quality, were taken down all the time and there were few options for good fan subs. Now that's not an issue at all. You can get HD episodes everywhere, most fan subs are actually amazing and almost all of the illegal streaming sites are hosted in places where piracy laws will never affect them. I honestly don't see the point in downloading anything anymore.

Sep 16, 1:04 PM

i usually only download for either mobile watching or a set of episodes/films that i particularly care about and want no buffering/ads for

Sep 16, 1:10 PM
You remember Satou from NHK downloading a bunch of explicit pictures to the point where he has no more space left on his HD?

I was like this guy a long time ago, soon after I started watching anime on the web ("Digital world here I come!; Gonna catch em all")
where everything was new and exciting and you wanted to grab more and more of it because it might have vanished otherwise.
Well the time went on, downloaded more pictures, more animes, more useless stuff and had to buy HD after HD (or Terabyte after Terabyte).
Then I realizied one day that even if I liked most of it I wouldnt watch it again.
Now I only keep the files where I surely know that I want to rewatch them again someday (& those are not many).
Everything else went into the data abyss; it wasnt worth keeping it to the point where you become obsessed with it.

& about the newer stuff, I prefer streaming for sure.
Modified by 875876, Sep 16, 1:15 PM

Sep 16, 1:18 PM

I hate watermarks, 720p, fake 1080p, and shitty official subs, so I tend to download almost everything, and keep things that have very few seeders just in case. Although I won't download a show if it's not remarkable visually, or if it's already available online in the best possible quality. If it's modern poopoo with stiff animation, off-model background characters and CG crowds I won't download it sorry not sorry.

So yeah I have a bunch of USBs filled with obscure, old, and generally consistent shows that I feel are worthy of being preserved.

One thing that drives me absolutely nuts though is how 720p torrents always have more seeders and 1080p torrents of not only obscure but also relatively well-known anime are dead or nearly dead. I can't fathom why people subject themselves to 720p quality.

Sep 16, 1:21 PM

I usually download, watch and keep it for future rewatch in case one day all anime site getting shut down. look at my hardisk now and you would be surprised XD

Sep 16, 2:12 PM

Both, I go through usually random phases. I've downloaded at least a terabyte worth of anime, simply to watch and delete. I've been streaming since I got adsl2 internet as well so over half my anime is streamed.

Honestly I love 720p but I will not miss it at all once I have NBN internet, at the moment its like 1mbps and it will be like 50mbps after the cables have been installed.

I was torrenting and watching all the latest anime for a handful of seasons when I was a teenager but I am picky now/trying to finally finish gundam bleach naruto and dragonball atm.

GUNDAM - TORRENTED
BLEACH - TORRENTED
NARUTO - TORRENTED SUBBED, STREAMING DUBBED SO I CAN PLAY CLASSIC WOW
DRAGONBALL - TORRENTED
Modified by Cosmicbeingx, Sep 16, 2:18 PM