Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 19, 2019 12:49 PM

Jun 2014
Vazka said:
That's not true though? How insecure can you to think that's true lmfao

I agree, can't change what people hate or like so don't bother.
Sep 19, 2019 2:05 PM

Oct 2010
Rinshan-san said:
They wish they were as attractive as said anime girls.

kek
own3d

altho real girls can easily be more attractive than anime ones with literally less than 20 min a day effort

as good as 2d girls can be, 3d can be better if they want it to
lots of music -
Sep 20, 2019 12:49 AM

Mar 2012
girls dislike any guy who isnt significantly taller than them or has a big penis or isnt significantly good looking,

its a hard fact of life men have to face, a real one nonetheless.

if youre a tall good looking guy with a big penis, you could like roly poly oly for all she cares....
Sep 21, 2019 3:06 PM

Nov 2016
Maneki-Mew said:
Thanakos said:

Yea, there was this girl at my Uni who liked anime (there are actually a lot of girls who like anime) and she was intrigued when I said I liked anime, but when I told her that I loved Kaichou wa Maid-sama or Nana, she looked at me as if I was some sort of a creep who fantasizes about love all the damn time. Needless to say, she yeeted the fuck outta the group.

Point is, if you already liked that guy then you would also like the fact that he enjoys whatever anime he does. Girls usually don't have their preferences straight. If I say I like girls who like action anime, then I'm gonna nerd the fuck out with the first girl, I don't care how ugly or creepy, who pops up and says 'hey I love action anime'. But if there's a girl who says 'I like guys who are into romance' then you bet your ass she's gonna run some RNG in her head and decide how to respond to a guy who's into romance based on that RNG.

No, actually that's cute. I mean, Maid-sama somehow bored me after a few episodes and all, but that doesn't matter.
My sympathy for someone automatically decreases a little bit, when they say stuff like "I don't like that anime or that character, who whines too much (*describes a situation, where I would someone expect to be desperated*)" or "I don't like that romance, because it was too harsh. I only like pure romance" or something. It's not like a red flag or THAT much of a big deal, but for example a friend said: "I didn't like the anime you recommended me, that Natsume... he is a crybaby, haha made fun of him." Of course, he is still a good friend, but he's little bit like that to real people as well and emotionally, I can get along with other kind of people much better and I relate to them more. It's about the values their opinions about some anime hold... if that makes sense?
My ex was also into (character) drama too and on the other side, also more into fantasy and action too. Everyone I had a crush on or similar, was very caring, interested in others, intelligent and all.
Haha and then he (heterosexual man) told me that he likes a few gay ships / couples / romances as well, next to some straight and lesbian couples. We talked about Evangelion there and my mind automatically yells at these guys: "Might be an emotionally intelligent and open-minded human being."

Well, I mean I loved Yuri on Ice and the chemistry between the main characters (hate to use that white-girlish word: I SHIP them), but I'm guilty of what you don't like. If a character was a wuss, I'm going to call him out. I hated Orihime with a passion. I haven't watched Evangelion on point because I know Shinji is a fucking pussy. That's not to say I dislike weak characters. "Notes from Underground" is one of my all-time favorite novels, and the main character in that is a pussy too but of a different kind. He hates himself passionately for being a loser but that only worsens his condition. Pussies like Shinji, they only hate themselves. That's it. They don't hate how they are but just that they are. And I can swear that if I see genuine cases like that even irl, the only thing I do is tell them it's okay to commit suicide because they're fucking hopeless. Pardon me, but they fail to inspire any sympathy in me.

Other than that, yea grils are gucci as hell as far as boys watching animu is concerned but I've yet to meet a single girl who wants to discuss things beyond ''it was good/bad''. I have my suspicions that they have these discussions with more feminine looking guys because, well, they seem more trustworthy and okay but it's a shot in the dark. I can only wait and see.
Sep 21, 2019 3:54 PM

Apr 2015
T-They do?
Sure it ain't anything else? Like casting a giant ass false dichotomy on an entire sex. o-o
Sep 21, 2019 11:27 PM

Mar 2012
Monarch-Reli said:
T-They do?
Sure it ain't anything else? Like casting a giant ass false dichotomy on an entire sex. o-o

based. everyone knows women froth at the mouth when they see a hot guy in an anime t shirt.

tall, good looking, good with kids, loves anime. Mr.Perfect...
Sep 22, 2019 4:37 AM

Jun 2011
specifically sought out a guy who liked BL. so. eh.

lot of girls like anime.

I guess I dislike the assumption that girls don't watch anime more than anything.
The anime community in a nutshell.
Sep 22, 2019 5:16 AM
Jul 2018
Thanakos said:
Maneki-Mew said:

No, actually that's cute. I mean, Maid-sama somehow bored me after a few episodes and all, but that doesn't matter.
My sympathy for someone automatically decreases a little bit, when they say stuff like "I don't like that anime or that character, who whines too much (*describes a situation, where I would someone expect to be desperated*)" or "I don't like that romance, because it was too harsh. I only like pure romance" or something. It's not like a red flag or THAT much of a big deal, but for example a friend said: "I didn't like the anime you recommended me, that Natsume... he is a crybaby, haha made fun of him." Of course, he is still a good friend, but he's little bit like that to real people as well and emotionally, I can get along with other kind of people much better and I relate to them more. It's about the values their opinions about some anime hold... if that makes sense?
My ex was also into (character) drama too and on the other side, also more into fantasy and action too. Everyone I had a crush on or similar, was very caring, interested in others, intelligent and all.
Haha and then he (heterosexual man) told me that he likes a few gay ships / couples / romances as well, next to some straight and lesbian couples. We talked about Evangelion there and my mind automatically yells at these guys: "Might be an emotionally intelligent and open-minded human being."

Well, I mean I loved Yuri on Ice and the chemistry between the main characters (hate to use that white-girlish word: I SHIP them), but I'm guilty of what you don't like. If a character was a wuss, I'm going to call him out. I hated Orihime with a passion. I haven't watched Evangelion on point because I know Shinji is a fucking pussy. That's not to say I dislike weak characters. "Notes from Underground" is one of my all-time favorite novels, and the main character in that is a pussy too but of a different kind. He hates himself passionately for being a loser but that only worsens his condition. Pussies like Shinji, they only hate themselves. That's it. They don't hate how they are but just that they are. And I can swear that if I see genuine cases like that even irl, the only thing I do is tell them it's okay to commit suicide because they're fucking hopeless. Pardon me, but they fail to inspire any sympathy in me.

Other than that, yea grils are gucci as hell as far as boys watching animu is concerned but I've yet to meet a single girl who wants to discuss things beyond ''it was good/bad''. I have my suspicions that they have these discussions with more feminine looking guys because, well, they seem more trustworthy and okay but it's a shot in the dark. I can only wait and see.

Like I said it's not that big deal, as long as they aren't totally unlikeable about it or so.
The ironic thing is: Many guys who said that were either "look at me, I'm so manly!" or these weebs, who had problems speaking to people. That's okay and all, but then they say stuff like: I would have done this and that and acted much better and braver and overcome myself... you have to think there "Dude, you are afraid of speaking to people. I mean, tell me more..."
It's like when people at horror movies yell how dumb and scared the characters are of horrible stuff and you are leaning over: "Dear, you squeaked at that mini spider along with me yesterday." :]
Sep 22, 2019 5:29 AM

Feb 2016
They dont. Girls dont care about such things. They care about other qualities of a man.
Sep 22, 2019 5:43 AM

Aug 2013
Depending on what age group you are talking about, because obviously older people regardless of being female/male associate animation with children. Most people now are definitely more open about it, for me anyway. I never felt like I had to hide it as it could hurt my reputation. Contrary to that, it gave me another topic of conversation, female or male regardless. Maybe if you fit the mold of the stereotypical anime watcher of a basement dwelling, unhygienic individual , that could be unappealing, ya know
『パイル』| Twitter
Sep 22, 2019 8:30 AM

Dec 2015
Everyone in my town knows that I am watching as much anime as I can.
Also here the people who watchs anime are hated and sometimes even are easy target for being attacked but everyone respected me because of who I am and of my personality not because I am or I am not watching anime.
I was close to make 2 relationship with girls , I was also rejected 4 times and also I was in one relationship.In every of them noone even take the fact that I love watching anime as a reason to create relationship or to reject me, mostly it was that I was too honest or some other things which they didn't like in my personality ( I have a decent look like so mostly I am not rejected because of my look like).

I think with you a problem isn't anime but personality or look like or anything else which girl can find as a main reason to reject you as a man for a date
Sep 22, 2019 10:37 AM

Apr 2012
If you're confident and charismatic. Most girls will not care that you watch anime. I'm speaking from experience here.
Sep 22, 2019 5:13 PM
Sep 2019
Anime and manga becoming more mainstream over time....I really don't think girls dislike guys b/c of a guy's interest in anime. Everyone has their own hobbies and interests anyways. The main focus is probably how they want to interact when you take away all the hobbies and distractions. Will they like you for who you are, can you get along, can you have fun doing something that is not particularly a specific hobby that is only liked by one or the other, looks, feelings, personality, maturity, stability...probably a million other factors. Anime is just a grain of sand along an entire beach....can't say its anime or anime culture's fault.
Sep 22, 2019 6:52 PM

Sep 2019
??
According to my experience, anime communities tend to be 60% -- 80% female. So if a girl dislikes an anime fan, it's probably not because of the anime.

BTW I once knew an entire family of weebs -- mom, dad, daughter, doggy -- who would watch religiously Naruto together, with the little girl renaming the dog (originally called Jacky) Akamaru. In the girl's elementary school, the teachers even had to issue a "no anime names"-rule, meaning that in story writing assignments the children are not allowed to use the names of anime characters, because this would prompt the entire class to burst into uncontrolled giggling.
Sep 23, 2019 4:17 AM

Oct 2009
i don't care what these thots think. i do what makes me happy 👌
Sep 23, 2019 7:03 PM

Sep 2007
To be fair, I used to run an anime club, and most of the girls there looked like they ate at Sonic before and after every meeting.

Sep 26, 2019 12:42 AM
Jul 2018
I have a guy friend who was trying to get closer with a girl but she was a weeb. She asked him if he had seen a bunch of shows and asked him to watch them. The statement on this topic is a bit too great of a generalisation to be true.
Sep 26, 2019 2:44 AM

Feb 2019
I love anime. I don't mind if the guy watches it either but what I dislike is guys who make an anime part of their identity~

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Sep 26, 2019 4:55 AM

Mar 2018
I think that girls are more acceptive towards guys who watch anime so I disagree with this thread, after all, it was one of my female friends who made me watch anime.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Sep 26, 2019 7:07 AM

Dec 2018
Prejudice! Fie upon them who adhere to such unhinged vulgarity and insularity. I, and you too my fellows, shan't accept such thinking. Stay with 2D, for how come they betray when they aren't even real? Be wise and see for yourself, geez how many times do I have to repeat this...
. . .
Oct 16, 2019 12:53 AM
Jun 2019
I think it is because it's kinida disliked by most people and everyone think that it is just weird.
Oct 16, 2019 2:50 AM

Jan 2019
The girl probably dislikes the guy for other reasons. Such as the fact that obviously a NEET.
You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become irrelevant.
Oct 17, 2019 3:08 AM

Jan 2010
Because they are lame, creepy and awkward.
Oct 17, 2019 4:02 AM
Jul 2018
BenRyan said:
How dare you insult us men of culture. Anime isn't weird
If any girl try tell me not to watch anime, she's getting choke slammed. I am only going to date someone who has watched as much anime as me

what about you mal users?

I didn't know that girls disliked guys who were into anime.

If anything, it gives me a glimpse into his inner world..
Oct 17, 2019 4:06 AM
May 2019
I don't think that's the case there are girls who also like to watch anime as well, and those that don't usually don't care.
Oct 17, 2019 7:11 PM
Review Moderator
Life is strange.

Jun 2017
Depending on the girl, though.

In my school, I have many underclassmen who also watch anime and I am friends with them.
Apr 8, 2021 2:10 PM
Jul 2019
They think it’s just cartoons and, let’s face it, most guys who love anime aren’t exactly alphas hitting up with all the ladies. Anime benefits from staying pretty much niché but don’t expect most girls to think you’re cultured or whatever for watching Evangelion or something
Apr 8, 2021 2:18 PM
Jul 2018
It has nothing do do with watching anime, it's because you're an ugly motherfucker.
Apr 8, 2021 2:57 PM

Jul 2020
People who watch anime are degenerates. Stop watching anime
Apr 8, 2021 5:15 PM
Jul 2018
They don't. He needs to look good looking is all.
Apr 9, 2021 8:06 AM
Jul 2018
From my personal experience, they were always super cringey and full of themselves. But I think having anime as your personality in general is not very desirable. And I guess at an older age it can be seen as childish.
Apr 9, 2021 8:15 AM
Zenin

Dec 2016
What are you talking about? I get a lot of messages like "Hello darling, do you like s*x? Here's my video chat"
The fact that I receive invitations in private messages is a good sign for a person who watches anime.

But seriously, girls avoid being with boys, who watch anime, because in their eyes those boys are still "kids" ... That's only if the girls don't watch anime.
Gg
Apr 9, 2021 8:47 AM
Jul 2018
this is so funny because recently i've seen a rise of teenage boys hating on girls for watching "girl" anime like hxh, saiki k and haikyuu (these anime have a larger female fanbase compared to other popular contemporary anime)
removed-userApr 9, 2021 8:52 AM
Apr 9, 2021 9:12 AM

Jan 2020
Although I don´t fully align myself with one side of the gender binary, I´m still gonna answer because I´m AFAB. In my experience, I don´t dislike guys solely for watching anime. But most of the guys I´ve met who do really aren´t the best with personal hygiene, boundaries, etc. I understand not everyone is like that but that´s just what´s happened to me.

« »
🍙 Koizumi Hanayo
Dareka Tasukete!!!
Apr 9, 2021 9:16 AM

Aug 2009
I've dated some girls like that. They usually say it means the man is childish or can't handle responsibilities of being in a relationship.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Apr 9, 2021 9:18 AM
Oct 2020
xx-ludis said:
this is so funny because recently i've seen a rise of teenage boys hating on girls for watching "girl" anime like hxh, saiki k and haikyuu (these anime have a larger female fanbase compared to other popular contemporary anime)

that pic has serious normie vibes lol
we all know true men watch slice of life and yuri
Apr 9, 2021 9:19 AM
Jul 2018
They don't...?
My little brother and his gf literally have been binge-watching Naruto for the past 4 months.
And none of exes really gave a shit about the fact that liked anime.
Which will have to change in the future. I need a weeb gf.
removed-userApr 9, 2021 9:25 AM
Apr 9, 2021 9:22 AM
Jul 2018
ronan_iroha said:
xx-ludis said:

that pic has serious normie vibes lol
we all know true men watch slice of life and yuri
well it was on tiktok so yeah you're probably right lol (though i hate the tem "normie")
Apr 9, 2021 9:24 AM

Sep 2020
never seen someone get disliked for watching Chinese cartoons, maybe there are other reasons like being an asshole or being unattractive and money, money is important
Apr 9, 2021 9:41 AM
Jul 2018
AkeldamaTemere said:
never seen someone get disliked for watching Chinese cartoons, maybe there are other reasons like being an asshole or being unattractive and money, money is important
in the 80s/90s it was definitely not okay to like anime. it didn't become socially accepted untill like, the 2010s.
Apr 9, 2021 9:50 AM

Sep 2018
As a dude I can imagine reasons.
1. Many are introverts (Women rarely if ever approach others for relationships so the male does it most of the time) Beyond that socially awkward toward them.
2. Most guys who watch anime do not prioritize fitness. (Looks are the most important factor for attraction)
3. Most anime fans probably do not make much money. Instead of having hobbies people could just work more though that sucks.
4. Less friends less social circle (for women this matters)
Apr 9, 2021 12:46 PM

Jun 2020
Majority of women mostly care about looks, money and status and lets face it majority of otakus are not winning any beauty contests any time soon.
Apr 9, 2021 12:51 PM
Oct 2020
watching anime correlates with being a failure in life. women understandable want someone who has his life in order, has a stable job, is respected in society and so on.
Apr 9, 2021 1:10 PM

Dec 2018
I strive for a future where people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the anime (and more specifically ecchi) they watch
Stuff in the streets, Stuff with drip in the sheets
Apr 9, 2021 1:26 PM

Nov 2019
I don't know. I dont know what girls like or dislike sorry

Apr 9, 2021 2:46 PM

Oct 2017
Most anime fans are ugly and lame losers (can't relate tho), there's no surprise here

Apr 9, 2021 2:54 PM
Jul 2018
Imagine OP learning that it was never the anime, but the fact that he's ugly as balls, through freaking MAL...

Rough.
Apr 9, 2021 3:00 PM

Aug 2020
Their thoughts might be like "eww this guy's watches Cartoons, such a childish kiddo"

But on the other side, if a girl watches Anime too, there are pretty high chances of being an intimate friend of her and deepening the bonds. One might even get a Weeb GF lol who knows?!
Apr 9, 2021 4:09 PM
Jul 2018
RightwingMilluki said:
watching anime correlates with being a failure in life. women understandable want someone who has his life in order, has a stable job, is respected in society and so on.

hence why you don't watch anime...?? >.>
Nov 20, 2023 4:12 AM

Apr 2016
most of them don't shower, I'm sorry
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

667 by Crawlie »»
23 seconds ago

» Do you enjoy nature?

Kamikaze_404 - 10 hours ago

23 by Rhaelynne »»
24 minutes ago

» I got spooked by a water bottle

tsukareru - 8 hours ago

11 by Adverrito »»
45 minutes ago

» What do you need cash for in your everyday life?

MeanMrMusician - Apr 21

35 by KenaiPhoenix »»
54 minutes ago

» Dracula, Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde or Frankenstein(books)?

Absurdo_N - 5 hours ago

6 by Adverrito »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.