Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 15, 2019 2:26 PM

Nov 2018
How dare you insult us men of culture. Anime isn't weird
If any girl try tell me not to watch anime, she's getting choke slammed. I am only going to date someone who has watched as much anime as me

what about you mal users?

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 15, 2019 2:30 PM

Jul 2007
Are you sure it's not the scent of sweaty balls and rotting cheese that's putting them off?
Sep 15, 2019 2:35 PM

Jul 2015
you presuppose that anime is the cause of dislike
willing to bet that if the guy in question was handsome, charismatic, and rich, the dude's anime habit would be the last thing on her mind.
Sep 15, 2019 2:42 PM

Apr 2019
Probably because of the stereotypes that people has brought about geeks or weebs or whatever over the years. But I'm not entirely sure since I've never really met a girl who would dislike someone for watching anime.
Sep 15, 2019 3:12 PM

Mar 2014
why do guys often think that every girls dislike guys who watch anime? and why do you think that someone who dislike something you like meaning that person is insulting you? "dislike" and "like" are just the two side of a same coin called affection.
why do you seems verily hungry for oh-so-much acceptance from people to accept what you love, in this context, anime?
by being faithful to what you love, is it not enough love for you?
why you only dated someone who has watched as much anime as yours? it would be better to date someone who has watched more than yours so you can get a new experiences, perspectives and new knowledge about your hobby.
yknow what. i think your character is more questionable than the question itself rn. and as a remainder, me questioning your character does not mean me insulting you, ok buddy? this also apply to me quite disliking the narrow-mindedness of your question ^-^
Sep 15, 2019 3:18 PM

Feb 2019
I get more weird reactions from guys than from girls. The girls I've talked to about anime were pretty chill about it actually, probably because I just happened to mention it in passing or because the topic naturally arose and I didn't force it unto them just because. (Nice) people are open to hear about anyone's hobbies, if the one talking isn't too preachy or obnoxious about it.

Some of my guy friends on the other hand have already called me a pedo because of it. So I think it all just depends on the person, women being usually more accepting/less openly judgemental about others' hobbies, in my experience.
Sep 15, 2019 3:19 PM

Mar 2019
It wouldn't surprise if there were more males than females who cared about that.
SphinxterSep 15, 2019 3:26 PM

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Sep 15, 2019 3:48 PM

Jun 2016
You're associating with the wrong women, plenty of girls like anime.
Lost_VikingSep 15, 2019 3:56 PM
Sep 15, 2019 3:50 PM

May 2014
I'd like a guy more if he watched anime.
Sep 15, 2019 4:00 PM

Oct 2009
youre wrong topic creator. i watch anime and my wifu loves me
Sep 15, 2019 4:36 PM

Mar 2019
Anime fans, but mostly otaku/weeb type anime fans, have a reputation for being perverts. A person who thinks all anime fans are otaku/weeb types might think you're a pervert. I'd say the stereotype is partially true but not entirely.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 15, 2019 5:01 PM

Jun 2015
why would anyone even care if someone watches anime or not?

I AM THE ONE CALLED POWER!
ANIME LIST  🩸 MANGA LIST  🩸 CARDS  🩸 CHALLENGES 
How foolish and conceited these humans be... 

Sep 15, 2019 7:15 PM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Because spending too much time watching anime, playing video games or any otaku activity instead of trying to socialize with people is considered a bad thing from their point of view?

You can't expect people to like you after you literally said to their face to go fuck themselves.

It is not about the anime itself, everyone has watched anime at some point in their life. But when it comes to the typical hardcore otaku, I'm pretty sure you can use your brain to figure out some of the reasons why most girls dislike them.

That being said, you don't have to change your lifestyle because of that. Nobody can "tell you what to do". However, you can't tell others what to like either.
149597871Sep 16, 2019 12:33 AM
Sep 15, 2019 10:11 PM

Sep 2015
Iv'e never met a girl like that before, iv'e never meet anyone like that before. most people i find don't care what another persons hobbies are unless they are the same. Lots of girls watch anime too.
Sep 15, 2019 10:14 PM

Jan 2009
the same way any addict or obsessive fan of any entertainment is rejected by girls
Sep 16, 2019 12:24 AM
Jul 2018
Because they dislike a certain type of guys and not the anime.
Also "only dating, if they watch (as much) anime" is a superficial outlook imo. Do you want to join a fanclub or get into a relationship lol
Sep 16, 2019 1:22 AM

Oct 2010
Literally found nobody in my entire life who even gave me a bad look for watching anime, and if I did, I don't think it would be limited to the opposite gender.
Sep 16, 2019 1:35 AM

Feb 2015
BenRyan said:
If any girl try tell me not to watch anime, she's getting choke slammed.

Preach on, muh brotha. Them thots don't know nothin' what's comin' when the Undertaker slams them so hard they'd be dead before they even get the chance to say "DADDY".

Sep 16, 2019 1:43 AM
Jul 2018
Because guys have shit taste in anime :P
Sep 16, 2019 2:30 AM

Jul 2015
They don't.

Maybe you dislike yourself and you're just projecting.
Sep 16, 2019 4:24 AM

Jun 2017
its literally the exact opposite idk what yall on
Sep 16, 2019 7:18 AM
May 2017
The problem isn't watching anime. It's your attitude
Sep 16, 2019 10:03 AM

Mar 2012
Are you sure that girls dislike you just because you like anime and not because of some other trait?
I'd definitely consider it a plus if a guy watches anime specially since I live in a country where anime isn't much popular and still gets associated with kid's cartoons. Also I wouldn't consider the amount of anime someone has watched as long as they like 'anime'. I might be pushing my luck too hard if I try to find a guy who has watched 700+ anime in my country after all (they do exist though).
Sep 16, 2019 10:07 AM

Dec 2013
As a woman who watches anime together with her boyfriend, I must join the people saying that it's probably not the anime that puts them off.
Sep 16, 2019 10:28 AM

Aug 2018
I do not dislike a man who watches anime, but i'd like it if we'd have a similar taste for mature themed (psychological/Philosophical...) anime and hilarious comedies.
Well if he watches cute stuff i wouldn't mind.
However, i'd dislike it if they were into lewding lolis, watching hentai and ecchi harems. I'd be abhorred lol
If it was for other people, i wouldn't judge it nor care, but it is smtg i find quite off-putting in a partner.
Sep 16, 2019 10:54 AM
Jul 2018
I always preferred (and still do) watching stuff by myself, so, I don't know how people find it fun watching stuff or playing games with somebody.

I believe that watching Anime, reading Manga, playing games or doing your other hobbies is something personal and intimate, it kills the mood when someone is staying beside you.

I actually respect those, who value their personal hobbies more than anyone or anything. Disruptors, be gone!
Sep 16, 2019 2:04 PM

Nov 2018
Scud said:
Are you sure it's not the scent of sweaty balls and rotting cheese that's putting them off?

Lol i am circumcised man which mean no cheese ew also my ball aren't fat to get sweaty
Sep 16, 2019 2:09 PM

Feb 2010
< knows girls who like and watch anime and am friends with several of them.... you need to go out more and spend less time on forum "GIRLS" who might not even be girls but other 30 year old men crying in there basements.

the truth of the world.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Sep 16, 2019 11:05 PM

Aug 2014
cope, women hate every guy who isnt a chad doesnt matter if you like anime or not

penis lol
Sep 17, 2019 5:45 AM

Sep 2019
The girls who like anime like the guys who like anime. Makes sense, right?
Don't take anything seriously.
No idea what my avatar is from by the way.
Sep 17, 2019 8:53 AM
Jul 2018
HeruruMeruru said:

You don't know how right you are.
I barely met guys, who appreciate some stuff that wasn't pure actions, lolis or harems. And the other ones came off a little bit as elitists ehh... I don't like their attitude.
Conversations often go like. "You like anime? Me too."
"Yeah...?" :D
"I like Dragonball and One Piece and... those *insert ecchi*"
"Oh..."
I mean, that's okay, as long as it isn't someone obsessed with it or a loli-dude... then I don't care so much, but I only have a few male friends or guys I know I can talk to about anime. My ex boyfriend likes similar stuff like me or stuff that goes into the similar direction. Tbh, I believe that your taste tells at least a little bit about you and he's pretty compassionate (otherwise, he wouldn't have been my boyfriend tho, so...), so he likes stuff that reflects that trait, not only in anime.
Sep 17, 2019 9:41 AM

Jul 2016
I don't think it's the anime that's putting the ladies off. A wild guess, but it's probably the threats of choke-slamming.
Sep 17, 2019 9:43 AM

Aug 2016
BallistikJuice said:
I always preferred (and still do) watching stuff by myself, so, I don't know how people find it fun watching stuff or playing games with somebody.

I believe that watching Anime, reading Manga, playing games or doing your other hobbies is something personal and intimate, it kills the mood when someone is staying beside you.

I actually respect those, who value their personal hobbies more than anyone or anything. Disruptors, be gone!

I'm with you on watching movies/anime alone. I don't stand the discussions/talk while I watch the shows. in the end either everyone is quiet and watches the show (so watching the show with someone is pointless anyway) or you have continous distraction because the people have the urgent need to discuss every scene. Thus I always watch shows alone and discuss it later on with others.

For games it is quite different. You don't need to listen or use your brain cells much so you can talk, drink, or w/e during gaming. I enjoy hanging out with bros playing games together.

edit: on topic: never seen any girl disliking the guy because he is watching anime. Idk where you get that from OP.
Sep 17, 2019 10:12 AM
Jul 2018
RandomFriday said:
BallistikJuice said:

I'm with you on watching movies/anime alone. I don't stand the discussions/talk while I watch the shows. in the end either everyone is quiet and watches the show (so watching the show with someone is pointless anyway) or you have continous distraction because the people have the urgent need to discuss every scene. Thus I always watch shows alone and discuss it later on with others.

For games it is quite different. You don't need to listen or use your brain cells much so you can talk, drink, or w/e during gaming. I enjoy hanging out with bros playing games together.

edit: on topic: never seen any girl disliking the guy because he is watching anime. Idk where you get that from OP.

Depends on the games, I guess. I don't like co-op/online games, so, I can't see myself playing something like "Pathfinder: Kingmaker" or some long Turn-based strategy game with someone over my shoulder, that would be annoying and I would ask them to leave.
Sep 17, 2019 10:33 AM

Aug 2009
With some types of animals, it's the females that have bigger dicks than the males.

In other words: Girls are the bigger nerds, at least in my experience.

Sep 17, 2019 10:35 AM

May 2013
Maybe if most weeks you find in the wild didn’t smell like a dumpster maybe women would like them more. Or hoes be shallow, women can be just as mean and shallow as men so who knows.

YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE
Sep 17, 2019 12:20 PM
Jul 2018
The fact that this thread exists at all tells me it's probably not the fact you like anime which puts women off. I'd also like the point out that lots of chicks like anime, and if you're not having luck with any "normal" girls, you should try to find someone who shares your interests.
Sep 17, 2019 12:29 PM
Jul 2018
Hardcore weebs tend to be ugly and shitty people so I don't really blame them lmao
Sep 17, 2019 12:31 PM
Jul 2018
I also dislike people who watch anime because their taste is not as good as mine. Ha
Sep 18, 2019 12:23 PM

Oct 2017
Wait, they do?

If anything then, you could say the same for disliking a girl who is into anime. It's the anime aspect, not gender. Maybe girls are more finicky, who knows.
Sep 18, 2019 12:32 PM

Aug 2017
more guys dislike me because i watch anime than girls to be honest XD

hell, the girl i'm getting with mainly likes me because i like anime anyway lol
Sep 18, 2019 12:55 PM

Nov 2016
Maneki-Mew said:
HeruruMeruru said:

I barely met guys, who appreciate some stuff that wasn't pure actions, lolis or harems. And the other ones came off a little bit as elitists ehh... I don't like their attitude.
"Oh..."
I mean, that's okay, as long as it isn't someone obsessed with it or a loli-dude... then I don't care so much, but I only have a few male friends or guys I know I can talk to about anime. My ex boyfriend likes similar stuff like me or stuff that goes into the similar direction. Tbh, I believe that your taste tells at least a little bit about you and he's pretty compassionate (otherwise, he wouldn't have been my boyfriend tho, so...), so he likes stuff that reflects that trait, not only in anime.

Yea, there was this girl at my Uni who liked anime (there are actually a lot of girls who like anime) and she was intrigued when I said I liked anime, but when I told her that I loved Kaichou wa Maid-sama or Nana, she looked at me as if I was some sort of a creep who fantasizes about love all the damn time. Needless to say, she yeeted the fuck outta the group.

Point is, if you already liked that guy then you would also like the fact that he enjoys whatever anime he does. Girls usually don't have their preferences straight. If I say I like girls who like action anime, then I'm gonna nerd the fuck out with the first girl, I don't care how ugly or creepy, who pops up and says 'hey I love action anime'. But if there's a girl who says 'I like guys who are into romance' then you bet your ass she's gonna run some RNG in her head and decide how to respond to a guy who's into romance based on that RNG.
Sep 18, 2019 2:06 PM
Jul 2018
Thanakos said:
Maneki-Mew said:

"Oh..."

Yea, there was this girl at my Uni who liked anime (there are actually a lot of girls who like anime) and she was intrigued when I said I liked anime, but when I told her that I loved Kaichou wa Maid-sama or Nana, she looked at me as if I was some sort of a creep who fantasizes about love all the damn time. Needless to say, she yeeted the fuck outta the group.

Point is, if you already liked that guy then you would also like the fact that he enjoys whatever anime he does. Girls usually don't have their preferences straight. If I say I like girls who like action anime, then I'm gonna nerd the fuck out with the first girl, I don't care how ugly or creepy, who pops up and says 'hey I love action anime'. But if there's a girl who says 'I like guys who are into romance' then you bet your ass she's gonna run some RNG in her head and decide how to respond to a guy who's into romance based on that RNG.

No, actually that's cute. I mean, Maid-sama somehow bored me after a few episodes and all, but that doesn't matter.
My sympathy for someone automatically decreases a little bit, when they say stuff like "I don't like that anime or that character, who whines too much (*describes a situation, where I would someone expect to be desperated*)" or "I don't like that romance, because it was too harsh. I only like pure romance" or something. It's not like a red flag or THAT much of a big deal, but for example a friend said: "I didn't like the anime you recommended me, that Natsume... he is a crybaby, haha made fun of him." Of course, he is still a good friend, but he's little bit like that to real people as well and emotionally, I can get along with other kind of people much better and I relate to them more. It's about the values their opinions about some anime hold... if that makes sense?
My ex was also into (character) drama too and on the other side, also more into fantasy and action too. Everyone I had a crush on or similar, was very caring, interested in others, intelligent and all.
Haha and then he (heterosexual man) told me that he likes a few gay ships / couples / romances as well, next to some straight and lesbian couples. We talked about Evangelion there and my mind automatically yells at these guys: "Might be an emotionally intelligent and open-minded human being."
removed-userSep 18, 2019 2:13 PM
Sep 18, 2019 3:13 PM

Feb 2010
Why do you think they do?

I know way more girls who are into anime than guys. Anime was even a part of getting to know them better in some cases. Tho it's more often than not just part of a general interest in animation, which makes it even better because I don't really get along with japan-obsessed weeaboos who hate everything that isn't anime.
I probably regret this post by now.
Sep 19, 2019 3:06 AM

Apr 2013
Usually people just think of social awkwardness and unhealthy habits when they hear anime or gaming. The longer someone knows you, the less likely he or she is to judge you by any hobby of yours.
Sep 19, 2019 3:30 AM
Jul 2018
Girls? Wait, what? Y'all have perfect waifu(s) and yet you whining about an incompetence and ugly being?
Sep 19, 2019 6:14 AM

Apr 2013
They don't dislike the guy who watches anime. They dislike that the guy prefers the ultimately superior girls in anime. Someone should invent cross-dimensional procreation so that we can leave behind our mortal, imperfect, 3D realm tbh smh lmao real talk straight up.
Sep 19, 2019 6:16 AM

Oct 2010
girls dislike everyone not just weebs

unless you're famous
lots of music -
Sep 19, 2019 12:38 PM
Jul 2018
Anime is actually getting popular(at least with my generation). I hear people talking about it all the time. A girl in my math class actually draws in anime style and has a cute sailor moon binder.
Sep 19, 2019 12:44 PM
Feb 2014
They wish they were as attractive as said anime girls.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» I'm currently on a keto diet.

scarydragon - 18 minutes ago

1 by traed »»
53 seconds ago

» how dark is your personality? ( 1 2 )

GrimAtrament - Mar 27, 2018

66 by BatoKusanagi »»
8 minutes ago

» How do you process death?

Lightskynight - Apr 14

36 by Lightskynight »»
17 minutes ago

» your most memorable memory

BroDa2545 - 5 hours ago

10 by DesuMaiden »»
52 minutes ago

» MAL Sakuga Club

aemnTheTroll - Apr 16

16 by DesuMaiden »»
53 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.