Forum Settings
Forums
Sep 15, 12:16 PM
We need to stop this fuck*ng bots, It's a shame that this novel only has 8.77.

Sep 15, 12:59 PM

What are you even talking about? It's ranked 9th right now among LNs with this score.
That's waaaay higher than it should be ImO, and even leaving my opinion aside, being top 10 is crazy good for absolutely every single series out there.
So even if Monogatari is your favourite series out there, you can only really satisfied with the score.

Sep 16, 9:16 AM
Zefyris said:
What are you even talking about? It's ranked 9th right now among LNs with this score.
That's waaaay higher than it should be ImO, and even leaving my opinion aside, being top 10 is crazy good for absolutely every single series out there.
So even if Monogatari is your favourite series out there, you can only really satisfied with the score.
Some days ago, Monogatari was the Top 1 Light Novel. But these bots started to fuck*ng the score, gaving it a 1.

(Sorry for the bad english, isn't my first language).

Sep 16, 11:18 AM

Kamimashita00 said:
Zefyris said:
Some days ago, Monogatari was the Top 1 Light Novel. But these bots started to fuck*ng the score, gaving it a 1.

Monogatari is also one of the few LNs on MAL that get a lot of upvotes from fake accounts (who also downvotes stuff that are well ranked while they're at it btw). Other repeating offenders include the other monogatari series, the naku koro ni series, the ginga eiyuu densetsu series.
So if anything, the drop in score may have resulted of the removal of fake votes from the staff (since they usually do that by big lots) rather than the contrary.

Even if it isn't this time, I don't think I've ever seen Monogatari ranked 1 on MAL 's LNs list, so it was probablyhigher than it should due to fake accounts, which means that when the mods will remove those fake accounts, they'll remove both fake 1s AND fake 10s, resulting in the series still not being first.
Modified by Zefyris, Sep 16, 11:24 AM

Oct 13, 3:01 PM

Zefyris said:
Kamimashita00 said:

Monogatari is also one of the few LNs on MAL that get a lot of upvotes from fake accounts (who also downvotes stuff that are well ranked while they're at it btw). Other repeating offenders include the other monogatari series, the naku koro ni series, the ginga eiyuu densetsu series.
So if anything, the drop in score may have resulted of the removal of fake votes from the staff (since they usually do that by big lots) rather than the contrary.

Even if it isn't this time, I don't think I've ever seen Monogatari ranked 1 on MAL 's LNs list, so it was probablyhigher than it should due to fake accounts, which means that when the mods will remove those fake accounts, they'll remove both fake 1s AND fake 10s, resulting in the series still not being first.

Monogatari used to be top 1 LN for a long time, the reason it went down really is the bots.

If you go to the stats you'll see that there are many accounts with completion at almost the same time, and gave it a 1/10.

Then if you go to any of the accounts, most of them will have the exact same list, private with the same mean score, like this:

"A woman shall not wear a man's garment, nor shall a man put on a woman's clothing; for anyone who does such things is an abomination to the Lord, your God."
Deuteronomy 22:5