Forum Settings
Forums
Sep 16, 2:24 PM
Speaking of soundtrack, another amazing one I just found https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeOkJplUAAs

This track alone has sold the game for me. Will play it this weekend.

Sep 16, 3:04 PM
Out of all the games that have come out this year, I'd pick FE Three Houses as the best.
For me, the only real contenders besides that were Bloodstained & Etrian Nexus. But I wouldn't say I liked either of them better than Three Houses and I definitely don't have as much play time in them.

Sep 16, 5:07 PM

I don't think this is a personal choice, but more of a critic choice. But I would say it's sekiro so far without a doubt. Resident evil 2 is amazing as well, but its a remake so I can't exactly give it as much credit as a new IP.

Sekiro is amazing, and I don't see anything that can beat it this year tbh.

Sep 16, 5:42 PM

xothel said:
Pokemon Crystal Kaizo and FFV. FFV was my introduction into FF and it is one of my favorite games of all time (on a side note I am currently debating if I should play FFIVor FFVI. Both look really good and I want to play one more of the FF gmes before 7 comes out in a couple months) and crystal kaizo, the pokemon game that makes dark souls look easy. Enough said.
You fly to the moon inside a whale in IV my dude. Play both.
To the last, I grapple with thee; from hell’s heart I stab at thee; for hate’s sake I spit my last breath at thee. Sink all coffins and all hearses to one common pool!

Sep 17, 1:17 PM

Sekiro is definitly my favorite game of the year, I played many others but I still got the most memories of sekiro I can recall right now.

Sep 17, 4:26 PM
Fat Bassfish

My GOTY in the traditional sense: Asteral Chain with DMC5 as a close second.

My GOTY in what this thread is going for: ...I dunno.

Sep 17, 4:33 PM

Monster Hunter World, has give me 400 hours of entertainment so far, along with the recently released DLC. Don't remember the last time I put that many hours into a game tbh.

Sep 17, 5:35 PM

Gotta go with DMC5 with Red Dead Redemption as a close 2nd.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Sep 17, 6:14 PM
Actually, my new game of the year is The Red Strings Club.

Sep 17, 6:17 PM

Honestly haven't played much that has made me go "oh wow this is incredible" this year. I guess the english patched version of the Chaos;Head visual novel would count

Sep 17, 7:32 PM

Katana Zero for sure was an amazing surprise for me especially the storytelling

Sep 18, 3:19 AM

Usagi said:
The only games I played this year are Fire Emblem Three Houses and Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu. Fire Emblem Three Houses has been pretty fun.

Fire Emblem 3 Houses is my game of the year. I honestly think it's the best Fire Emblem game I've played so far, and I've played plenty (6, 7, Awakening, Fates, Echoes). My only gripe, is that there's no post game content like in Echoes; once you finish a route, you've got to start all over again.
"You don't need a reason to live, you just live"
-Nero Vanetti, 91 Days

Sep 19, 7:22 PM

Hard to comment since Doom Eternal has yet to come out and that has a very strong chance of becoming my favorite. But as far as what's been released so far...

Sekiro would take the cake with Fire Emblem: Three Houses in close second. Sekiro is punishing to the point of almost ruining the game, but when you actually nail a boss encounter and parry everything thrown at you, it feels so fucking good. The atmosphere, music and so forth is also top tier. But Three Houses is just a lot easier to sit back and relax with.

I'm still early on in Total War: Three Kingdoms, but that could easily be my PC game of the year.

Sep 19, 9:34 PM

Sekiro by a long shot. It's been a while that i've actually been excited to beat a game like that.

ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴀꜱɪᴇꜱᴛ ᴡᴀy ᴛᴏ ᴋᴇᴇᴩ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ʜᴜʀᴛ
yᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ yᴏᴜʀꜱᴇʟꜰ
yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴀʟʟ yᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀɴᴅ yᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ʟᴇᴀʀɴᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʟɪᴋᴇ yᴏᴜʀꜱᴇʟꜰ

Sep 25, 11:33 AM

My personal game of the year, any year tbh, is Witcher 3.

Sep 26, 4:13 AM
Sekiro and Borderlands 3 for me.

Sep 26, 4:42 AM

breath of the wild. never gets boring

Pages (2) « 1 [2]