Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 14, 2019 6:21 PM

Nov 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Had some nice moments, but the anime managed to make me dislike this part.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 14, 2019 7:31 PM
Apr 2016
Sumo wrestlers, samurais, this arc has everything.

The animation was pretty good at the end. Overall it was a pretty boring episode though.
Sep 14, 2019 8:33 PM

Jul 2007
twoego said:

The animation was pretty good at the end. Overall it was a pretty boring episode though.

Yeah you will see this alot in WANO. this arc is just chock full of Japanese stuff. It is a very Japanese arc. In any case, this specific chapter was actually one of the most boring ones that fans didn't really care for because of where it was potentially placed at in the more important plot. It felt like some little side trip or something. How ever i guarantee you this arc will surpass your expectations. There is a reason that ODA has been wanting to draw and foreshadow wano in the story for so long. You will see

Sep 14, 2019 8:40 PM
Apr 2016
link9us said:
twoego said:

Yeah you will see this alot in WANO. this arc is just chock full of Japanese stuff. It is a very Japanese arc. In any case, this specific chapter was actually one of the most boring ones that fans didn't really care for because of where it was potentially placed at in the more important plot. It felt like some little side trip or something. How ever i guarantee you this arc will surpass your expectations. There is a reason that ODA has been wanting to draw and foreshadow wano in the story for so long. You will see
Yeah, my expectations are high. Every arc in One Piece starts off slow in my opinion.
Sep 14, 2019 9:22 PM

Oct 2015
Zoro just couldn't attack an armed naked man, now that is a heart of a real samurai:-D

Luffytaro in sumo mode, damn I cannot wait for the full bout.

Urrrrashima!! I just had to:-)
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 14, 2019 10:33 PM
Jan 2019
I hope it make better progress, my expectation is too high for this because of people on the internet seems to hype from this arc even my friend but I don't see why
many boring episodes, many unreasonable event happened (like Luffy decide to use katana but he only uses punch)

I hope the story gets better before I drop it
or no more boring episode
Sep 14, 2019 10:50 PM

Jul 2007
Anoo-Domini said:
I hope it make better progress, my expectation is too high for this because of people on the internet seems to hype from this arc even my friend but I don't see why
many boring episodes, many unreasonable event happened (like Luffy decide to use katana but he only uses punch)

haha, luffy will never change you know that. I guess thats the kind of charm to his character, but also his nativity is pretty bad. Definitely not Pirate king material. Though he thinks a bit more rationally then when he first started this adventure. I am not sure what oda is going for in regards to that. it seems like OP is coming to an end soon and Luffy still makes horrible decisions and premature mistakes that can put his crew in Jeopardy.

In any case with that being said, with out spoiling anything, lets just say WANO is a Key arc in the one piece story line. It will push the envelope of the plot beyond anything we have seen. (we are starting to see this now in the manga) Even oda him self says One piece will start to become more and more exciting from here on out. So this would be a real bad time to drop the show, just keep sticking with it. That is all I am saying about this. No more hints lol

Sep 14, 2019 11:32 PM

Oct 2017
Hmm all of the mobs were on same level as the ones who kidnaped Otama, Luffy uses conquares Haki so it doesn't cause a ruckus but he didn't use it to stop Otama from getting kidnaped. Now I knw he is dumb but this thing is too forced.
MegamiRemSep 15, 2019 5:48 AM
Sep 14, 2019 11:36 PM
Jan 2019
What a funny and exciting episode 😂. I love Okiku, she's cute, but also great, she has a deadly look. Is it my idea or is it a bit bipolar, or does it just appear? xD. Zoro and Luffy do know how to be discreet, hahaha, great riot that they just did. Poor chubby, he was and will be ridiculous.

Ps: I liked the sound effect of Haki better before this arc 😅, it sounded more imposing worthy of a King.
Sep 14, 2019 11:44 PM

Sep 2014
Well, I wasn't really big fan of this part of the arc so hopefully it will end in the next episode. But damn, judging from the PV, it seems they are going to drag the hell out of Luffy vs Urashima which is really boring and uninteresting.
Sep 15, 2019 12:11 AM
Jul 2018
If Luffy vs Urashima's fight lasts for longer than 2 episodes I'm calling my lawyer
Sep 15, 2019 12:16 AM
Jul 2018
A good episode
Toei should had added more action
Sep 15, 2019 12:31 AM
Aug 2019
What chapter is this in Manga?
Sep 15, 2019 12:36 AM

Jul 2015
Getting a free haircut from the girl he loves and also getting a high five from the future pirate king, Urashima must be so happy right now

Sep 15, 2019 2:25 AM

Mar 2015
Lmao good episode, but what's up with Okiku? Split suppressed personality? She switches a lot it would seem
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 15, 2019 2:46 AM

Oct 2015
Ax_El_Erate said:

chapter 915, page 9 to 17, + few pages from 916.
---

I'm sure next episode the sumo fight will be absolutely milked. I hope at least it will look really good.
Sep 15, 2019 2:48 AM
Aug 2019
Slim_Lamie said:
Ax_El_Erate said:

chapter 915, page 9 to 17, + few pages from 916.
---

Thank you so much 😊 I'm going to read it now.
Sep 15, 2019 4:15 AM

May 2016
I'm glad there was sumo match, wouldn't be fun without it.
Sep 15, 2019 4:42 AM

Mar 2018
Man and I really liked this chapter

But wth they spent 8min pf the episode with them riding the lion-dog
That's bs xd
Nothing new with Toei tho

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Sep 15, 2019 5:28 AM

Apr 2013
So next episode wil be completely about that stupid sumo match I really don't give two fucks about... Realistically Luffy should just oneshot that fat fuck and search for Otama before she gets tortured but hey, let's enter a sumo match instead!

Slim_Lamie said:
I'm sure next episode the sumo fight will be absolutely milked. I hope at least it will look really good.

This is still Toei, don't get your hopes up. It will look average at best.
GatorSep 17, 2019 10:50 PM
Sep 15, 2019 5:58 AM

Dec 2013
Okiku cutting the guy's top notch was funny but that's about it.
Sep 15, 2019 7:09 AM

Feb 2013
Too bad she didn't also cut his loincloth.
Sep 15, 2019 7:40 AM

Feb 2010
I love the topknot moment but hate how it took most of the episode to get to it.
Sep 15, 2019 8:00 AM
Jun 2019
At the preview for next episode we see Urashima using the same technique as
enraged Luffy when he was hypnotized & fought the Black Cat Pirates.
So many flying hands.
Sep 15, 2019 10:05 AM
Dec 2012
I really like samurai manga and anime so I waited for one piece to reach this arc looking foward to oda depiction of it. so far I'm a little disappointed, to many boring and nonsensical things. like fluffy holding a sword but still punching people and having khaki but not using it to save tama. does the arc get better? I wanna keep watching or maybe finally transferring to reading it but idk.
Sep 15, 2019 11:30 AM

Jul 2008
yeah this episode was very dragged out. Not much to comment on.
Sep 15, 2019 1:00 PM

Sep 2016
This episode left a very bad taste in my mouth. If this keeps going we'll have ourselves the second coming of Dressrosa, a fucking great arc filled to the brim with emotion but with shit tier pacing.

I think that I might wait not for the next episodes to drop but for the One Pace team to make them enjoyable.
Sep 15, 2019 1:48 PM

Nov 2012
animeisbest said:
I really like samurai manga and anime so I waited for one piece to reach this arc looking foward to oda depiction of it. so far I'm a little disappointed, to many boring and nonsensical things. like fluffy holding a sword but still punching people and having khaki but not using it to save tama. does the arc get better? I wanna keep watching or maybe finally transferring to reading it but idk.

The story will get better once Holdem is taken out and Luffy meets Kinemon again. Including introducing a new story element that has never been in One Piece up until now.
Sep 15, 2019 2:58 PM

May 2014
Alright ep., but the problem with this anime/maybe manga have always been that the author/director make the women (especially the side characters) look so weak. No screentime for a side-character is shown. It's always the main character who comes and saves the day. It's good to see him too, but it's annoying that they portrait him as the hero who saves all the woman. Where is the woman power in this series. If she have a famous sword and is a samurai show us more than cutting a top-knot, which was by the way very good move, but however it was too short. The women need to participate more in the fights and not be some scared weak ducks. -.-

In this case, for example, I would actually expect that she resisted that slap of the purple haired sumo wrestler, not being saved by Luffy. It's true this is a shounen anime, but at the same time the women need to be portrait stronger than they actually are. There are actually some good shounen anime where women are portrait stronger than this one.

All in all, a fine ep. Nothing special to brag about beside that the animation looked alright. What I really love with this director is that he doesn't show the same frame of the audience again and again when something happens. This was the case in Dressrosa arc in the Colosseum fights which I somehow found very annoying.
Sep 15, 2019 4:09 PM

Nov 2012
mangalicker94 said:
Alright ep., but the problem with this anime/maybe manga have always been that the author/director make the women (especially the side characters) look so weak. No screentime for a side-character is shown. It's always the main character who comes and saves the day. It's good to see him too, but it's annoying that they portrait him as the hero who saves all the woman. Where is the woman power in this series. If she have a famous sword and is a samurai show us more than cutting a top-knot, which was by the way very good move, but however it was too short. The women need to participate more in the fights and not be some scared weak ducks. -.-

In this case, for example, I would actually expect that she resisted that slap of the purple haired sumo wrestler, not being saved by Luffy. It's true this is a shounen anime, but at the same time the women need to be portrait stronger than they actually are. There are actually some good shounen anime where women are portrait stronger than this one.

All in all, a fine ep. Nothing special to brag about beside that the animation looked alright. What I really love with this director is that he doesn't show the same frame of the audience again and again when something happens. This was the case in Dressrosa arc in the Colosseum fights which I somehow found very annoying.

Kiku is a decent fighter, she's just holding back because she doesn't wanna draw attention. I'm confident she could have beaten Sumo guy with no difficulty.

Sep 15, 2019 4:49 PM
Jun 2014
What a boring episode. Even this new conqueror haki animation is boring. The first ones were so much better!
Sep 15, 2019 6:46 PM

Jul 2013
I agree with most people here. Nothing to much happened in this episode and atm it feels more like a side story. But tbh the kings haki at the beginning was pretty cool. The new style they use for haki overall looks so good.

I can't really judge Okiku. In one moment she's acts like a super shy and helpless girl and in the next moment like when she cut the bun of Yokozuna she looked like a real samurai for a moment.

Zoro with all his samurai pride didn't want to cut a naked man :D

I was hoping Luffy would go to help Okiku. Luffy as a sumo wrestler. Should be fun to see this fight.

Sep 16, 2019 7:10 AM

May 2014
FeministRed said:
mangalicker94 said:

Kiku is a decent fighter, she's just holding back because she doesn't wanna draw attention. I'm confident she could have beaten Sumo guy with no difficulty.

You may be right, but there have been moments where they have deliberately made the women look weak. But yeah as you said it may be that she was holding back.
Sep 16, 2019 8:36 AM
Mar 2016
Anoo-Domini said:

It's just that the anime is dragging out the things from the manga. I honestly enjoyed this part in the manga because it wasn't so slow. But the anime is adapting half a chapter per episode now, so it feels really dragged out and boring.

The arc gets a lot better though. I can recommend reading the manga because it's way better.
Sep 17, 2019 3:18 PM

Oct 2015
Man i stoppped watching OP at episode 825, 2 days ago i was like "eh lets just see hows OP now" since i knew big mom arc was over i went for it plus i heard people saying about the new animation of wano arc and since PW4 is coming out... so i started watching again, and god... Big mom arc was the most boring shit i ever watched the only good thing was Purin and Katakuri, 902 episodes and one piece still the same shit, Luffy beats people with 1 billion Belli(Katakuri), then says "im strong" and after some minutes later he cant beat a fucking BatMan and a gazzelle guy, this is just boring and one of OP biggest problem with power leveling, how the anime/Mangaka makes chars hold their powers, ffs Luffy has 1,5b belli bounty he should fking 1hit this figurants chars...aside from that at least the animation is worth the time now, and O-Kiku seems interesting (plus she a beauty) oh yeh and finnaly we see best girl wearing a Yukata Robin <3

PS: from a 24min episode we have 10ish minutes of content cuse of the way toei animation been draggin episodes after the time Skip....it makes the show boring which makes me sad cuse i like OP and many of it chars.
iTzKenzoSep 17, 2019 3:22 PM
Sep 17, 2019 10:48 PM

Oct 2017
iTzKenzo said:
Man i stoppped watching OP at episode 825, 2 days ago i was like "eh lets just see hows OP now" since i knew big mom arc was over i went for it plus i heard people saying about the new animation of wano arc and since PW4 is coming out... so i started watching again, and god... Big mom arc was the most boring shit i ever watched the only good thing was Purin and Katakuri, 902 episodes and one piece still the same shit, Luffy beats people with 1 billion Belli(Katakuri), then says "im strong" and after some minutes later he cant beat a fucking BatMan and a gazzelle guy, this is just boring and one of OP biggest problem with power leveling, how the anime/Mangaka makes chars hold their powers, ffs Luffy has 1,5b belli bounty he should fking 1hit this figurants chars...aside from that at least the animation is worth the time now, and O-Kiku seems interesting (plus she a beauty) oh yeh and finnaly we see best girl wearing a Yukata Robin <3

PS: from a 24min episode we have 10ish minutes of content cuse of the way toei animation been draggin episodes after the time Skip....it makes the show boring which makes me sad cuse i like OP and many of it chars.
I got you and of course I undertand you but it's what happens in the long series like this.
If you don't get down the level of Luffy or main characters the audience it's gonna get bored.
Bored of what? Bored of an superpowerfull and over strong character as you expect of his recompense.
Plus, maybe you feel like this because of you are reading in paralel the manga and sometimes this gets things so much boring than sees the anime without know anything.
Maybe that is one of the reasons why you stopped to follow the animation and got bored during the arc of Big Mom.
-¡Give yourself to me!
Sep 20, 2019 10:27 AM
Jun 2015
Lol at Okiku just standing there with her hands to her face while Urashima is going for his Far Bank Slap :P
Sep 21, 2019 11:17 PM

Dec 2014
so nice...the sumo fighting starts...hope tama is ok though
Sep 24, 2019 3:52 AM

Nov 2017
Okk this episode was totally dragged to show that Luffy is a wannabe Sumo... but at least they didn't moved it to more than 1 ep xD

Overall pacing is slow... but I guess starting episodes are always weird

Luffy better slap Holdem even harder after what he's doing to Tama.. D:<
Sep 28, 2019 4:01 PM

May 2014
What a way to end the episode, Kiku cut off topknot of that sumo asshole, and now Luffy enter in the ring
Oct 19, 2019 9:02 PM

Jul 2013
This is probably the first time that I didn't like seeing Luffy's conqueror's haki I mean what the hell was that yellow light thing? If they think adding that makes it cooler then it had the opposite effect
Oct 27, 2019 1:54 PM

Feb 2015
Luffy, Zoro and Okiku arrived to Bakura Town, where Luffy knocked out the guards with conqueror’s haki. Suddenly, a sumo wrestler fell from the sky, and Luffy’s group went to the sumo arena, there, Urashima ordered the sumos to get Okiku, so, in the action, Zoro left them to take her, in the sumo arena, Okiku defended herself cutting Urashima’s topknot, unleashing his rage, but Luffy entered to action.

I was thinking, why does Zoro did nothing, when Luffy asked the question. For a moment I thought that Urashima had Kuma’s devil fruit.
Atlas77Oct 27, 2019 9:14 PM
Jan 28, 2020 2:19 PM
Jul 2018
Luffy sure seems to be having fun with sumo wrestling. Meanwhile, Otama is being tortured. She is going to die at this rate. Although Zoro does have a point, this is the fastest way to draw out the big boss. I guess I have to bare with it.

I don't like the new color of Conqueror's Haki. It is golden colored now? I preferred the old one much better.

Does Okiku have a split personality or something? Lol

Mar 29, 2020 9:40 PM

Jan 2013
These sumo wrestlers that are 3 times as small really think they had a chance? - They're at crotch level for crying out loud ...

Gomu Gomu no ... SUMO SLAP!
Apr 22, 2020 1:50 AM

Dec 2019
This arc is looking greattt. The animation is amazing holy. every frame with zoro, luffy and okiku is immaculate
May 31, 2020 8:10 AM

Oct 2010
someone really needs to make a video with all Otama noises, so that when people ask how good Wano arc is, we just redirect him to the video.
Man, the state of this anime, 100 episodes ago I was bored but now I'm angry watching it and I have a clear mind and I'm relaxed, I'm watching it at 10:00 in the morning with a full breakfast in my stomach and clean glasses, sigh...
Jun 16, 2020 8:40 AM
May 2020
Pretty cool seeing Luffy and Zoro use sumo moves (where would they have learned that?). Still, the show's pacing really ruined the experience. By the way, does anyone think that it is weird that there are so few named characters in One Piece with brown hair? (all I can think of is Ms. Golden Week, Brown beard, and Charlotte Pudding) I just thought of this after seeing so many brown-haired people in the crowd this episode.
Aug 28, 2020 2:24 PM

Jun 2016
It may come off as strange to criticize an incompetent and cartoonish villain group after coming off of the Don Quixote family and the Big Mom family. Yet nonetheless I can't help but feel somewhat let down by all of Kaido's men excluding the Supernovas or Jack. Still, I must be fair and acknowledge the dichotomy that they create. By creating an incompetent and power-hungry army which thrives off status and looks at all below them as insects,we can see the kind of culture here and the class divide. The guys in charge are willing to kill an entire woman's family to force her to marry them, or kidnap and torture children. Holden cannot even make peace with his own body, and gazelle or bat man are just total weirdos, although I must admit gazelle man won me over as hilarious.

That said, unlike some people here, I look forward to the next episode. To take down a big dog to force the boss out, and to do so while having fun and dunking on this blob of injustice and entitlement with his own style is really fun in my mind. Perhaps it's because I already love samurai and find sumo fascinating that this will hopefully appeal to me.
Oct 3, 2020 10:13 PM

Jul 2012
What happened to the crowd of people guarding the entrance? It seemed like they revamped the atmosphere in this episode.

Where's the Whole Cake Island-level of ruckus that Luffy stirs up? Trafalgar Law should go back to sleep, somehow the crowd of people and Luffy gearing up to rush in and put a faint spell on everyone went into the mist. They just ended up in the entrance. No ruckus. No one's screaming invader. I'm not even sure the tiger jumped over them and feel like they just scrapped the crowd of guard preparing at the entrance situation.
Feels like losing all five senses &
Maybe not able to have thoughts,

Enjoi...
Jan 23, 2021 7:00 AM

Mar 2016
Love how simply badass it is to fix his mistake up by simply knocking all these guards up with Luffy's haoshoku haki.

Knowing who OKiku is, honestly seeing OKiku shying away from Urashima is really adorable. Although I can't help but simply shake my head in when she shrieked every now and again. Love how Okiku cut off Urashima's top knot only to act helpless whilst sneaking in 1 more insult at his ugly ass face, fucking savage!

Next up we get to see Luffy facing off Urashima, sumo matches will never get old.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1100 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 6

162 by pikituso10 »»
35 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 360 Discussion ( 1 2 )

mulderman - Jul 4, 2008

73 by gannoncannon55 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 359 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - Jun 26, 2008

46 by gannoncannon55 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 899 Discussion ( 1 2 )

blank - Aug 24, 2019

54 by scarywolf143 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 358 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - Jun 23, 2008

46 by gannoncannon55 »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.