Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 21, 2019 12:57 PM
Nov 2016
AmeliaNeston2003 said:

You're welcome, It's A-1 Studios fault for doing that Still images are no good
They better not pick up the sequel manga Any other studio will do just fine

Agreed, I don't even know where should I start to criticize. But for years I've been watching FT so I'm putting up with it.
Sep 22, 2019 2:08 AM

Dec 2014
Acnologia...past...damn this series was something
Sep 23, 2019 5:04 PM

May 2014
Acnologia is one clever m********. Interesting how they are going to take him down when he is full aware of his weakness. The little backstory of his past is just stupid. Hard to justify his action with such pity past so late in the game. Would be better if Hiro didn't do that and depicted him as a crazy maniac that craved for power.

I can imagine the Dragon Slayers are going to combine their powers, where Natsu will probably be the one to yield it, and strike Acnologia's spirit with that. Only 2 ep. left guys!
Sep 23, 2019 5:17 PM

May 2014
npcvillager said:
So why is Natsu's right hand fully healed just in this one scene? -.-

06:38, HorribleSubs release if anyone is interested to see their fail in the ep. :P
Sep 23, 2019 5:31 PM

May 2014
AmeliaNeston2003 said:
Hylianticipated said:
Finally, seemingly for the first time this season some sensible solutions other than "by the power of friendship" and arbitrary power leveling have been introduced. Lucy's solution to get Acnologia motion sick and then lock him up with that spell while they wait for the dragon slayers is a risky move but it's at least logical. This show needs more of this kind of development. Friendship is fine as a motivator to keep fighting and stuff, but when it's literally the only explanation and the deus ex machina as to why a severely outmatched hothead like Natsu could suddenly overpower the most powerful wizard in history who ALSO just acquired unlimited magic, it's incredibly stupid. This episode, while lackluster in its animation and fight sequences per usual, was actually pretty good. Although my bar for this show has been set pretty low as of late so maybe I'm just relieved they didn't solve all of this with friendship (but I'm not holding my breath they won't do just that in the last few episodes).

Natsu vs Jacob
Natsu vs Bakel
Natsu vs Zeref part 1
Natsu vs Zeref part 2 was the tenrou tree powers ( Not PoF) Watch Hades fight again ( Plus as a result Natsu got his arm burnt as a consequence for using too much Fire)
Natsu vs Neinhart
Erza & Bisca vs Ajeel
Erza & Jellal vs Neinhart

Lucy vs Brandish
Wendy & Shelia vs Dimaria

Mirajane vs Irene's Swords
Mirajane vs Jacob

Jelal vs Human Acnologia
Jellal vs Dragon Acnologia
Sting vs Larcade
Gajeel vs Bloodman

Gildarts vs August

Those are NOT Power of Friendship wins so what you said is not true at all
You need to rewatch the fights , instead of ( Skipping ) around

This episode was very good and remember Hiro said FT is not supposedly to be taken seriously

I have watched all the fights you mentioned above, and it's I found it strange that you can claim Erza's fights in this arc isn't relied on nakama power. As far as I can see she always gets her power boost through nakama power. Sorry to say, but she is the one who maybe had the worst character developement. I think since the Grad Magic tournament there is no new equipment armor used. Only the old ones and the only reason she won each time is through trust and the love of friendship. If you don't see that as nakama power, then I don't know.

I dunno how you can defend Natsu vs. Zeref's fight. He said himself he had limitless magic power, then how the hell did Natsu win. There weren't any saying that he got any power boost from Igneel, so I can't understand how he can be stronger. That's the problem with this series. In most of the fights we don't get a proper explanation for some of the character's power boost. The only explanation is their will to survive, their bond and mostly the power of their friendship.
mangalicker94Sep 23, 2019 6:21 PM
Sep 23, 2019 10:54 PM
Jul 2018
mangalicker94 said:
AmeliaNeston2003 said:

Natsu vs Jacob
Natsu vs Bakel
Natsu vs Zeref part 1
Natsu vs Zeref part 2 was the tenrou tree powers ( Not PoF) Watch Hades fight again ( Plus as a result Natsu got his arm burnt as a consequence for using too much Fire)
Natsu vs Neinhart
Erza & Bisca vs Ajeel

Lucy vs Brandish

Mirajane vs Jacob

Jelal vs Human Acnologia
Sting vs Larcade
Gajeel vs Bloodman

Gildarts vs August

This episode was very good and remember Hiro said FT is not supposedly to be taken seriously

I have watched all the fights you mentioned above, and it's I found it strange that you can claim Erza's fights in this arc isn't relied on nakama power. As far as I can see she always gets her power boost through nakama power. Sorry to say, but she is the one who maybe had the worst character developement. I think since the Grad Magic tournament there is no new equipment armor used. Only the old ones and the only reason she won each time is through trust and the love of friendship. If you don't see that as nakama power, then I don't know.

I dunno how you can defend Natsu vs. Zeref's fight. He said himself he had limitless magic power, then how the hell did Natsu win. There weren't any saying that he got any power boost from Igneel, so I can't understand how he can be stronger. That's the problem with this series. In most of the fights we don't get a proper explanation for some of the character's power boost. The only explanation is their will to survive, their bond and mostly the power of their friendship.

Well Natsu vs Zeref's part 2 was pretty much the tenrou tree powers that beat him
not defeat :P as Natsu left and he leaved that to Mavis to do the rest

That glow mark is the same glow mark he got in Hades fight when their magic was returning to FT members
Hiro wanted the viewers to figure it out instead of him giving explaination, that time it wasn't a power boost just help from the Tenrou tree itself

If that tree was destroyed there would had been 0% chance of victory for Natsu
in the Zeref's fight part 2 , and Hades

Well not all of Erza's fight was friendship wins
Erza & Bisca vs Ajeel was reasonable
and Neinhart was fine

But the other fights in pretimeskip Yep there was Power of Friendship in her fights except the very early arcs of Fairy Tail

Sep 27, 2019 9:24 PM

Aug 2017
Wait, no more Acnologia’s flashback? Too little too late.

And apparently Acnologia is not even his real name.

NurguburuSep 27, 2019 9:29 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 7, 2019 8:30 PM
Oct 2017
IM HYPEDDDDDD!!!!!! Im ready for the last 2 episodes. We will finally get to see the fight against Acnologia!I think that the animations and fight scenes of this episode was really good compared to the fights earlier in the season and hope it gets even better during the last 2 episodes!
My Candies:
Oct 9, 2019 11:44 PM

Dec 2012
About 400 years ago.
Is that... Suwagbe?
Acnologia was a doctor?
The dragons name is Acnologia?
Acnologia came back to destroy them.
Natsu and co.
Iku zo!
Cobra cant hear Acnologia's mind.
Lucy might know a way?
Fairy Sphere.
Hakai.
Laxus on the ground.
Lucy found the book.
The ships are destroyed.
Dat ending.

2 chapters. They didn't show a piece of Lucy's pantsu when she fell done inside the guild. Also, when she raised the book up high. Also, that Acnologia backstory is anime original.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Oct 15, 2019 2:32 PM

May 2014
AmeliaNeston2003 said:
mangalicker94 said:

Well Natsu vs Zeref's part 2 was pretty much the tenrou tree powers that beat him

That glow mark is the same glow mark he got in Hades fight when their magic was returning to FT members
Hiro wanted the viewers to figure it out instead of him giving explaination, that time it wasn't a power boost just help from the Tenrou tree itself

and Neinhart was fine

But the other fights in pretimeskip Yep there was Power of Friendship in her fights except the very early arcs of Fairy Tail

Hard to remember that far back when I watch this weekly, but you may have a good point there. I also agree that this anime had quality in the first arcs. Amazing how an mangaka can ruin his story that bad. Usually it's the animation studio (ehm...ehm...Tokyo Ghoul:Re).
Oct 15, 2019 10:58 PM
Jul 2018
mangalicker94 said:
AmeliaNeston2003 said:

and Neinhart was fine

Hard to remember that far back when I watch this weekly, but you may have a good point there. I also agree that this anime had quality in the first arcs. Amazing how an mangaka can ruin his story that bad. Usually it's the animation studio (ehm...ehm...Tokyo Ghoul:Re).

Yep this arc got rushed because of Eden's Zero T-T Hiro wanted to create a new manga so badly he rushed Alvarez Empire and destroyed E.N.D storyline

At least the sequel manga is given care he said to people he wants to show a new Appeal and side of FT , So far it's much better compared to this arc
removed-userOct 15, 2019 11:04 PM
Oct 23, 2019 10:58 AM
Jul 2018
npcvillager said:
AmeliaNeston2003 said:

You're welcome, It's A-1 Studios fault for doing that Still images are no good
They better not pick up the sequel manga Any other studio will do just fine

Agreed, I don't even know where should I start to criticize. But for years I've been watching FT so I'm putting up with it.

They are not the final arts though :P some studios creates two different versions of it most of the times they use a bad art on purpose For TV , saving the final arts for the BD,Dvd releases

Like this thread

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1353068
Oct 23, 2019 5:51 PM
Nov 2016
AmeliaNeston2003 said:
npcvillager said:

They are not the final arts though :P some studios creates two different versions of it most of the times they use a bad art on purpose For TV , saving the final arts for the BD,Dvd releases

Like this thread

Well the difference is obvious. I had no idea studios doing something like this. Thanks again, I've been enlightened. But not just the art, I didn't like the story too in this final series. But I admit that I cried on some parts xd
Oct 23, 2019 10:50 PM
Jul 2018
npcvillager said:
AmeliaNeston2003 said:

Like this thread

Well the difference is obvious. I had no idea studios doing something like this. Thanks again, I've been enlightened. But not just the art, I didn't like the story too in this final series. But I admit that I cried on some parts xd

I agree the weak parts are those , Irene's final fight, Zeref's round 2 , and Acnologia's final fights , Maybe August too

I still think Hiro should had made Igneel's power a two times use
that way would had been better
and Acnologia should had been a longer fight like in Natsu vs Jellal in Tower of Heaven

But all of it had to be ruined because of Edens Zero.. at least I'm only reading the sequel manga unlike the other people who read EZ even when they know that new manga was the destruction to FT's final arc
Hiro wanted to make a new manga that badly he didn't even give FT a ending it deserves Zeref and Acno deserved a better fights

The weird thing is Natsu's flames becomes red when Natsu gets his wound healed similar to Igneel's flames when he delievered the final attack to Fairy Heart Zeref

removed-userOct 23, 2019 10:57 PM
Dec 28, 2019 12:21 AM

Dec 2013
Lucy's plan is surprisingly solid.

Some nice looking action even if it feels like they are going nowhere fighting Acnologia.

I'm hoping to see more Acnologia backstory next episode.
Apr 14, 2020 11:27 PM

Nov 2019
mangalicker94 said:
AmeliaNeston2003 said:

Natsu vs Jacob
Natsu vs Bakel
Natsu vs Zeref part 1
Natsu vs Neinhart
Erza & Bisca vs Ajeel

Lucy vs Brandish

Mirajane vs Jacob

Jelal vs Human Acnologia
Sting vs Larcade
Gajeel vs Bloodman

Gildarts vs August

Hai how are you! You might not read this but I'll say it anyway.
I know I'm late to this conversation
Remember Lucy was still writing the Book of E.N.D
Natsu mostly likely got a power boost directly from the book
We can still see in ep 46 Lucy had her pen on the Book while Natsu & Zeref Fists were at each other in their big clash at the same time

The Nakama was just the speech to the end at FDK Destruction Fist in the fight & that speech did nothing ,

But the Power boost did

With that power boost from the other end Natsu got extra fired up from his end aswell
burnt his arm in return
Zeref's fight was a legit win no matter how much people think this was stupid

Nakama played a small role to the end of Destruction Fist attack , That's it.

His Fire of Emotion was also introduced since the first season episode 8

This fight wasn't ruined but some of Hiro's decision in this arc in other fights were not that good because he rushed it.

As we remember FT was always about bond & friendship since the begining of the series But not all fights was friendship wins. Zeref's wasn't either.

Erza has won her past battles without any friendship Phantom Lord , Tower of Heaven , Battle of FT I can't remember the other arcs so I can't say for sure
But these I remembered them correct.

There was a lot of fights they didn't win by Friendship

Natsu vs Future Rogue Atlas Flames was the one ended Rogue

Erza vs Minerva Second origin + Nakagami Armor ended Minerva

Natsu & Gray Team effort ended Mard Geer

Lucy's Urano Metria ended Jackal

Natsu vs Gajeel Natsu's Crimson Lotus: Fire Dragon's Fist ended Gajeel

Gajeel & Natsu team effort ended Laxus

I'll stop :P it else it's gonna be a huge list but yes in some fights

like Erza vs Azuma was a friendship win
Erza vs Meteor was a friendship win aswell

Except that slash Irene got by Enchanted Sword by Erza
We don't know how much Enchant power Wendy have
+ Also because all had 1 Years of Training

Irene said Wendy can cast High Enhanter aswell.
MiraStraussFan99Apr 15, 2020 4:59 AM
Jul 18, 2020 3:57 AM

Jul 2015
Acnologia is a pretty bad doctor especially for dragons but have to give him props for his insane insticts there
Well the ship part of the plan really sunk fast...

Sep 5, 2020 10:49 AM

May 2018
rip the boats. Acnologia's instincts are too good xD
Apr 10, 2021 11:40 PM

Apr 2018
...That was Acnologia's back story...? That's it? I hope more will be explained next ep 'cause that was just weak af!
Mar 14, 2022 1:39 PM
Sep 2020
2/5 disappointing, boring, lame
Oct 2, 2022 2:59 AM

May 2020
It's always hilarious how they make these grand plans and fail majestically, every single time. Also was that it? "THE BACKSTORY". Really nothing to take note of, we didn't even get how this super normal person became the king of dragons lol.
Oct 22, 2022 7:41 PM

Aug 2019
How to defeat the world's most powerful dragon using the power of friendship.

Acnologia is a cool antagonist in my opinion. I genuinely like his design.

I wanna know more about Acnologia tho.
Apr 19, 2023 5:14 AM

Nov 2010
It's too bad Acnologia isn't even fighting the Dragon Slayers. Instead, he's just countering all their attacks with nonfatal attacks.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» What is the reason for so much hatred for fairy tail series ?

Mugiwarayaa___ - Jan 29

45 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 12, 11:55 AM

» Any theories ?

Mugiwarayaa___ - Mar 3

16 by MiraStraussFan99 »»
Mar 10, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail: Final Series Episode 51 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2019

202 by amlg »»
Jan 25, 6:10 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail: Final Series Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2019

60 by amlg »»
Jan 23, 9:13 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail: Final Series Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2019

38 by amlg »»
Jan 23, 8:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.