Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Fairy Tail: Final Series Episode 49 Discussion

Sep 15, 3:08 AM
I don't know how fairy tail final series has a better Score than fire force,This season is terrible the animation sucks the fights are lazy and Bland ,no One dies just because and they win the powerful enemies out of nowhere sad

Sep 15, 3:36 AM

fairy tail hasnt been perfect and its felt dragged out for a while so im glad it is coming to an end but heck ill still be sad asf

Sep 15, 4:10 AM

GO power of frienship..blah, blah, blah...
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."

Sep 15, 4:22 AM

The atmosphere is epic as hell

The Dragon Slayer Battle really seems pointless.. Guess they'll win through some bonds as always

Honestly didn't expect the book for Fairy Sphere to be in some (Fairy Tail's) Library ngl. Like.. Not even hidden or something but just there

Lyon still hasn't given up on Juvia huh

I wanted to see more of Acnologia's past. Probably more next episode but I'm thrilled to see what his past looks like

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka

Sep 15, 4:47 AM

Acnologia is too strong. He easily handled the Natsu and the rest like it was nothing.

Hope we get to see more of Acnologia's past.

Sep 15, 4:51 AM
Doctor Acno backstory not good😂

Anyway the fight is fun between team dragon slayers vs Acnologia

Sep 15, 4:59 AM

They need another plan now.

Sep 15, 5:03 AM

That Acnologia "backstory" just... didn't explain anything at all. Also I had hopes that the animation would improve in the last few episodes :<

Sep 15, 7:15 AM

I was excited to know Acnologia's backstory... but it was way too short and didn't explained much either (other than Acnologia is not his true name and that he was a doctor). It felt more as a way to made the episode longer than to give some explanation of his origins and why he became a crazy bastard (other than the weak explanation we got in the manga). Honestly, I would have prefered the series to have 52 episodes so it could dedicate an episode to this than what we got.

We are in the endgame now, let's pray for good animation for the final fight.

Sep 15, 7:46 AM

Just end this anime already ffs. Gonna miss the op and ed tho

Sep 15, 11:30 AM
What the name of the trak in 18 : 15 ?

Sep 15, 12:32 PM
does anyone knows the mane of the OSTs that started sounding at min 16:45 ownwards?, that OST was amazing, in my opinion the best of the entire show, so i really want to know the name of it,or if it has already been released, thanx

Sep 15, 1:24 PM

So they've added some background scenes to Acnologia, in fact I didn't remember them in the manga. Nothing special but it’s something that can be appreciate. Two episodes left.

Sep 15, 6:39 PM
The backstory of Acnoloiga was the best part I would have liked to see how thee Doctor merged with Acnolgia not how overpowered he is and how we have to beat him with power of friendship

Sep 16, 12:08 PM

I really think the pacing of this season has been bad... i mean there are only 2 more episodes left and yet this was an episode where NOTHING happened. It feels like they're really gonna rush the ending in the next couple of eps which is not how this brilliant anime should finish!

Sep 17, 12:25 AM

Danpmss said:
Oh wow, to think I had hopes for an expanded Acnologia background for a second. They made it even worse than the manga by dragging it down while equally lacking in substance. Why?

Hylianticipated said:
Finally, seemingly for the first time this season some sensible solutions other than "by the power of friendship" and arbitrary power leveling have been introduced.

Well, about that...

Yeah I figured as much based on the situation the dragon slayers are currently in.

Sep 17, 3:42 AM
So why is Natsu's right hand fully healed just in this one scene? -.-

Sep 20, 10:06 PM

npcvillager said:

An Error, just wait for an BD,Dvd release and they will fix it Just as
FT 2014 and original FT

Sep 21, 11:05 AM
AmeliaNeston2003 said:

FT 2014 and original FT

Thanks for letting me know. Though I don't like this last season that much so probably I won't see it.

Sep 21, 11:18 AM

npcvillager said:
AmeliaNeston2003 said:

FT 2014 and original FT

Thanks for letting me know. Though I don't like this last season that much so probably I won't see it.

You're welcome, It's A-1 Studios fault for doing that Still images are no good
They better not pick up the sequel manga Any other studio will do just fine

Sep 21, 12:57 PM
AmeliaNeston2003 said:

Agreed, I don't even know where should I start to criticize. But for years I've been watching FT so I'm putting up with it.

Sep 22, 2:08 AM

Acnologia...past...damn this series was something

Sep 23, 5:04 PM

Acnologia is one clever m********. Interesting how they are going to take him down when he is full aware of his weakness. The little backstory of his past is just stupid. Hard to justify his action with such pity past so late in the game. Would be better if Hiro didn't do that and depicted him as a crazy maniac that craved for power.

I can imagine the Dragon Slayers are going to combine their powers, where Natsu will probably be the one to yield it, and strike Acnologia's spirit with that. Only 2 ep. left guys!

Sep 23, 5:17 PM

npcvillager said:

06:38, HorribleSubs release if anyone is interested to see their fail in the ep. :P

Sep 23, 5:31 PM

AmeliaNeston2003 said:
Hylianticipated said:
Finally, seemingly for the first time this season some sensible solutions other than "by the power of friendship" and arbitrary power leveling have been introduced. Lucy's solution to get Acnologia motion sick and then lock him up with that spell while they wait for the dragon slayers is a risky move but it's at least logical. This show needs more of this kind of development. Friendship is fine as a motivator to keep fighting and stuff, but when it's literally the only explanation and the deus ex machina as to why a severely outmatched hothead like Natsu could suddenly overpower the most powerful wizard in history who ALSO just acquired unlimited magic, it's incredibly stupid. This episode, while lackluster in its animation and fight sequences per usual, was actually pretty good. Although my bar for this show has been set pretty low as of late so maybe I'm just relieved they didn't solve all of this with friendship (but I'm not holding my breath they won't do just that in the last few episodes).

Natsu vs Jacob
Natsu vs Bakel
Natsu vs Zeref part 1
Natsu vs Zeref part 2 was the tenrou tree powers ( Not PoF) Watch Hades fight again ( Plus as a result Natsu got his arm burnt as a consequence for using too much Fire)
Natsu vs Neinhart
Erza & Bisca vs Ajeel
Erza & Jellal vs Neinhart

Lucy vs Brandish
Wendy & Shelia vs Dimaria

Mirajane vs Irene's Swords
Mirajane vs Jacob

Jelal vs Human Acnologia
Jellal vs Dragon Acnologia
Sting vs Larcade
Gajeel vs Bloodman

Gildarts vs August

Those are NOT Power of Friendship wins so what you said is not true at all
You need to rewatch the fights , instead of ( Skipping ) around

This episode was very good and remember Hiro said FT is not supposedly to be taken seriously

I have watched all the fights you mentioned above, and it's I found it strange that you can claim Erza's fights in this arc isn't relied on nakama power. As far as I can see she always gets her power boost through nakama power. Sorry to say, but she is the one who maybe had the worst character developement. I think since the Grad Magic tournament there is no new equipment armor used. Only the old ones and the only reason she won each time is through trust and the love of friendship. If you don't see that as nakama power, then I don't know.

I dunno how you can defend Natsu vs. Zeref's fight. He said himself he had limitless magic power, then how the hell did Natsu win. There weren't any saying that he got any power boost from Igneel, so I can't understand how he can be stronger. That's the problem with this series. In most of the fights we don't get a proper explanation for some of the character's power boost. The only explanation is their will to survive, their bond and mostly the power of their friendship.
Modified by mangalicker94, Sep 23, 6:21 PM

Sep 23, 10:54 PM

mangalicker94 said:
AmeliaNeston2003 said:

Natsu vs Jacob
Natsu vs Bakel
Natsu vs Zeref part 1
Natsu vs Zeref part 2 was the tenrou tree powers ( Not PoF) Watch Hades fight again ( Plus as a result Natsu got his arm burnt as a consequence for using too much Fire)
Natsu vs Neinhart
Erza & Bisca vs Ajeel
Erza & Jellal vs Neinhart

Lucy vs Brandish
Wendy & Shelia vs Dimaria

Mirajane vs Irene's Swords
Mirajane vs Jacob

Jelal vs Human Acnologia
Jellal vs Dragon Acnologia
Sting vs Larcade
Gajeel vs Bloodman

Gildarts vs August

Those are NOT Power of Friendship wins so what you said is not true at all
You need to rewatch the fights , instead of ( Skipping ) around

This episode was very good and remember Hiro said FT is not supposedly to be taken seriously

I have watched all the fights you mentioned above, and it's I found it strange that you can claim Erza's fights in this arc isn't relied on nakama power. As far as I can see she always gets her power boost through nakama power. Sorry to say, but she is the one who maybe had the worst character developement. I think since the Grad Magic tournament there is no new equipment armor used. Only the old ones and the only reason she won each time is through trust and the love of friendship. If you don't see that as nakama power, then I don't know.

I dunno how you can defend Natsu vs. Zeref's fight. He said himself he had limitless magic power, then how the hell did Natsu win. There weren't any saying that he got any power boost from Igneel, so I can't understand how he can be stronger. That's the problem with this series. In most of the fights we don't get a proper explanation for some of the character's power boost. The only explanation is their will to survive, their bond and mostly the power of their friendship.

Well Natsu vs Zeref's part 2 was pretty much the tenrou tree powers that beat him
not defeat :P as Natsu left and he leaved that to Mavis to do the rest

That glow mark is the same glow mark he got in Hades fight when their magic was returning to FT members
Hiro wanted the viewers to figure it out instead of him giving explaination, that time it wasn't a power boost just help from the Tenrou tree itself

If that tree was destroyed there would had been 0% chance of victory for Natsu
in the Zeref's fight part 2 , and Hades

Well not all of Erza's fight was friendship wins
Erza & Bisca vs Ajeel was reasonable
and Neinhart was fine

But the other fights in pretimeskip Yep there was Power of Friendship in her fights except the very early arcs of Fairy Tail

Sep 27, 9:24 PM

Wait, no more Acnologia’s flashback? Too little too late.

And apparently Acnologia is not even his real name.

Modified by Nurguburu, Sep 27, 9:29 PM
Life has no meaning.

Oct 7, 8:30 PM
IM HYPEDDDDDD!!!!!! Im ready for the last 2 episodes. We will finally get to see the fight against Acnologia!I think that the animations and fight scenes of this episode was really good compared to the fights earlier in the season and hope it gets even better during the last 2 episodes!

Oct 9, 11:44 PM

About 400 years ago.
Is that... Suwagbe?
Acnologia was a doctor?
The dragons name is Acnologia?
Acnologia came back to destroy them.
Natsu and co.
Iku zo!
Cobra cant hear Acnologia's mind.
Lucy might know a way?
Fairy Sphere.
Hakai.
Laxus on the ground.
Lucy found the book.
The ships are destroyed.
Dat ending.

2 chapters. They didn't show a piece of Lucy's pantsu when she fell done inside the guild. Also, when she raised the book up high. Also, that Acnologia backstory is anime original.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).

Oct 15, 2:32 PM

AmeliaNeston2003 said:
mangalicker94 said:

Well Natsu vs Zeref's part 2 was pretty much the tenrou tree powers that beat him

That glow mark is the same glow mark he got in Hades fight when their magic was returning to FT members
Hiro wanted the viewers to figure it out instead of him giving explaination, that time it wasn't a power boost just help from the Tenrou tree itself

and Neinhart was fine

But the other fights in pretimeskip Yep there was Power of Friendship in her fights except the very early arcs of Fairy Tail

Hard to remember that far back when I watch this weekly, but you may have a good point there. I also agree that this anime had quality in the first arcs. Amazing how an mangaka can ruin his story that bad. Usually it's the animation studio (ehm...ehm...Tokyo Ghoul:Re).

Oct 15, 10:58 PM

mangalicker94 said:
AmeliaNeston2003 said:

and Neinhart was fine

Hard to remember that far back when I watch this weekly, but you may have a good point there. I also agree that this anime had quality in the first arcs. Amazing how an mangaka can ruin his story that bad. Usually it's the animation studio (ehm...ehm...Tokyo Ghoul:Re).

Yep this arc got rushed because of Eden's Zero T-T Hiro wanted to create a new manga so badly he rushed Alvarez Empire and destroyed E.N.D storyline

At least the sequel manga is given care he said to people he wants to show a new Appeal and side of FT , So far it's much better compared to this arc
Modified by AmeliaNeston2003, Oct 15, 11:04 PM

Oct 23, 10:58 AM

npcvillager said:
AmeliaNeston2003 said:

Agreed, I don't even know where should I start to criticize. But for years I've been watching FT so I'm putting up with it.

They are not the final arts though :P some studios creates two different versions of it most of the times they use a bad art on purpose For TV , saving the final arts for the BD,Dvd releases

Like this thread

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1353068

Oct 23, 5:51 PM
AmeliaNeston2003 said:
npcvillager said:

They are not the final arts though :P some studios creates two different versions of it most of the times they use a bad art on purpose For TV , saving the final arts for the BD,Dvd releases

Like this thread

Well the difference is obvious. I had no idea studios doing something like this. Thanks again, I've been enlightened. But not just the art, I didn't like the story too in this final series. But I admit that I cried on some parts xd

Oct 23, 10:50 PM

npcvillager said:
AmeliaNeston2003 said:

Like this thread

Well the difference is obvious. I had no idea studios doing something like this. Thanks again, I've been enlightened. But not just the art, I didn't like the story too in this final series. But I admit that I cried on some parts xd

I agree the weak parts are those , Irene's final fight, Zeref's round 2 , and Acnologia's final fights , Maybe August too

I still think Hiro should had made Igneel's power a two times use
that way would had been better
and Acnologia should had been a longer fight like in Natsu vs Jellal in Tower of Heaven

But all of it had to be ruined because of Edens Zero.. at least I'm only reading the sequel manga unlike the other people who read EZ even when they know that new manga was the destruction to FT's final arc
Hiro wanted to make a new manga that badly he didn't even give FT a ending it deserves Zeref and Acno deserved a better fights

The weird thing is Natsu's flames becomes red when Natsu gets his wound healed similar to Igneel's flames when he delievered the final attack to Fairy Heart Zeref

Modified by AmeliaNeston2003, Oct 23, 10:57 PM

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

Preview MangaManga Store