Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 14, 2019 1:10 PM

Feb 2013
So, apparently, the first arc with Adele on the magic school was completely cut out with her already on the other country as a monster hunter adventurer. Aside from that, the anime inserted some pedo jokes which never existed on the original. So a fair warning that those two things happened as I know that some people will be bothered, even more for the second one.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2019-09-13/premiere-report-didnt-i-say-to-make-my-abilities-average-in-the-next-life/.151055
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 14, 2019 1:40 PM
Jan 2018
I don't remember the villiness thing or the kidnapping
Mattinator95Sep 14, 2019 2:06 PM
Sep 14, 2019 11:23 PM

Dec 2011
Mattinator95 said:

Because they didn't happen.

Is it some kind of trend now to completely butcher anime adaptations?

I was looking forward to this but now? Nope. I'll stick with just the novels... and advise others who want to try this series out to do the same.
kuuderes_shadowSep 15, 2019 12:15 AM
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Sep 15, 2019 2:02 AM
Jan 2018
kuuderes_shadow said:
Mattinator95 said:

Because they didn't happen.

I was looking forward to this but now? Nope. I'll stick with just the novels... and advise others who want to try this series out to do the same.

Thought so ... Sigh

<to ignore that all the unnecessary gags about little girls are clearly a surface distraction from a sincere proclivity of the author's,>

I also wish people that write these things actually have knowledge of the series . Yet here they are kinda slating the author when the author never even did that in the LN that they are accusing them of .

My guess the author didn't having anyway part in the anime adaption. Probably didn't even get consulted

Edit: apprently the guy that wrote the article is shit stirring
Mattinator95Sep 15, 2019 2:32 AM
Sep 17, 2019 11:59 PM

Jun 2008
One of extremely few female led isekai series to get an anime and it's completely butchered.

I guess we still need to see it first to determine if it really is that bad but it's not looking promising.
Sep 18, 2019 11:09 AM

Feb 2009
To be fair, the manga also dropped the first arc, and picked up when she was at the hunter training school. It's a bit jarring, but they at least go back and talk about her life as Adele at the academy in flashback format later on.

The villainess thing... I have no response to that.

I'd been looking forward to this until I read this thread.
Sep 18, 2019 4:35 PM

Apr 2008
Now that I'm checking out the studio, I'm not surprised at all. They've been basically known for adapting lolicon stuff, so if anyone's at blame, it's probably them. I mean, different strokes for different folks, but actually altering the story just to fit in what they've been known for... hopefully it's a one-off and doesn't represent the whole adaptation. But I'm not entirely optimistic to say the least.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this signature is unavailable in your region.
Sep 21, 2019 11:29 PM

Nov 2016
This is not a big problem, it can be fun too the anime director's also worked in yuru yuri if they remember the Akarin's sister lolicon (originally he was a brother, but they changed him)
Sep 24, 2019 7:54 PM

Dec 2017
Well volume 5 is going to be an awkward adaptation episode...
Least degenerate visual novel enjoyer.

Sep 27, 2019 6:29 AM

Dec 2018
>ANN reviewers
I wouldn't trust any of your opinions they disappointed me for a long time, although there is a joke lolicon in this type of series I doubt that they are as horrible as these says
Sep 30, 2019 4:09 PM
May 2015
Welp, there goes my hype. I was excited by the fact that this is an isekai that features a female protagonist but pedo jokes...are you kidding me?! Why? How hard is it to make one anime that doesn't feature distasteful fanservice?

They're also going straight to her being an adventurer? Soooo basically, they're pulling an Arifureta.....Great....s/

I'm still going to try out the first episode but I'm already prepping myself up for disappointment, especially with the pedo jokes because apparently, those jokes doesn't exist in the LN.

Oct 1, 2019 6:25 AM

Feb 2019
that's just disappointing, I really Love the Manga as well as the LN so I was Really looking forward to the Anime~

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Oct 1, 2019 6:42 AM

Jun 2011
kuuderes_shadow said:

For some reason, Japan likes to make their shit as weird as possible. Today's anime is not something you can watch care free in front of your family or friend. You never know when they're gonna show underage girls in revealing swimsuit or choking on popsicle dripping all over your bikini. They love to fetishize the sister/mom role and often make them act like 8 even though they're 20~50 years old.

This pedo joke thing honestly doesn't surprise me. It only reaffirms what I've thought about Japanimation industry for years. Even the acclaimed Sora Yori mo Tooi Basho has their own pedo joke. Angolmois which looked to be a history war drama also had really inappropriate scenes during serious moments that completely ruined the show.

It's ridiculous.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 2, 2019 1:18 AM
Jan 2018
Reina_Orikasa said:
Well volume 5 is going to be an awkward adaptation episode...

What was volume 5 about agian . Its the one with the restaurant isn't it
Oct 6, 2019 10:53 AM

Aug 2013
El_Caguai said:
This is not a big problem, it can be fun too the anime director's also worked in yuru yuri if they remember the Akarin's sister lolicon (originally he was a brother, but they changed him)

Uh no it wasn't

https://gyazo.com/c74e819022de87579824b4083eccfb12
Oct 7, 2019 5:46 AM
Aug 2010
They are cutting crap and adding stupid humor that wasn't there? :( damn it...
Oct 7, 2019 9:15 AM
Sep 2011
El_Caguai said:

What are you talking about?
Oct 7, 2019 6:25 PM
Aug 2018
I mean, it was alright, pretty funny. A nice show to watch on the aside, Felt cute, might drop later.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

wow so rude, atleast sign your name when you yeet my signature

heres a big picture smh

Oct 7, 2019 6:43 PM

Sep 2015
As both LN and manga reader, I don't mind how they altered the story, it gives different experience from reading the source. The manga also skipped the first arc, they gonna reveal them as a flashback.
Really these kind of things happen all the time, I mean isn't it a good thing we get to experience new story? If it follows the LN then I'm gonna know what happens next, but instead it surprises me with new things. And it's still about the same average Mile we all love.
Oct 7, 2019 6:49 PM

Jul 2016
I'm a lolicon. Thanks for giving me a reason to watch this!
Oct 7, 2019 7:20 PM

Feb 2013
aspaknyaa said:
As both LN and manga reader, I don't mind how they altered the story, it gives different experience from reading the source. The manga also skipped the first arc, they gonna reveal them as a flashback.
Really these kind of things happen all the time, I mean isn't it a good thing we get to experience new story? If it follows the LN then I'm gonna know what happens next, but instead it surprises me with new things. And it's still about the same average Mile we all love.

The problem is that the changes don't make it worse, not better. lol
Oct 7, 2019 7:48 PM

Nov 2008
I just seen the 1st episode out of curiosity, the lolicon humor is tame.

Oct 7, 2019 8:43 PM

Apr 2009
Hoppy said:
I just seen the 1st episode out of curiosity, the lolicon humor is tame.

Yeah totally overblown and I also gave up on ANN ages ago. Reading some of this thread, you would think the girls are slapping butts Keijo style. While I understand fans of LN being dismayed, adaptations with changes are nothing new. First episode was quite fine.
Oct 7, 2019 10:20 PM

Mar 2018
Just asking but is this perhaps originally a WN?
There is a bit of a difference between WNs and LNs and if the Manga cut this first arc out too, maybe it was because the LN actually did it?

I didn't read anything of this show, just watched ep 1
But I read other novels and have a bit of experience (my example would be Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari. The LN is written a bit differently from the WN which causes Manga and Anime adaption from it to differ as well)

From what I've read here, I'd assume that this is originally a WN, which is the original and uploaded mostly online, for fun and not for making money.
If a WN does really well it gets a LN version, which is supposed to be an improved version of the WN, since the seller puts up LNs for sale in bookstores and has to print it.

This is also the reason why you find WN translations way easier, because the translator doesn't need to buy the original novel in this case.

And? To the novel readers (@aspaknyaa; @uwuarsa; @Mattinator95; @kuuderes_shadow) does it ring any bells? I'd like to know before I start reading the novel since the novel seems to be good

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Oct 7, 2019 10:58 PM

Dec 2011
@K1ngOfSloth - Yes it was originally a web novel, but in this case the web novel follows the same plotline as the light novel and in the same order.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Oct 8, 2019 12:13 AM
May 2012
Yeah, there's very little differences between the WN and the LN for this one.
Oct 8, 2019 1:14 AM
Jan 2018
K1ngOfSloth said:
There is a bit of a difference between WNs and LNs and if the Manga cut this first arc out too, maybe it was because the LN actually did it?

But I read other novels and have a bit of experience (my example would be Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari. The LN is written a bit differently from the WN which causes Manga and Anime adaption from it to differ as well)

From what I've read here, I'd assume that this is originally a WN, which is the original and uploaded mostly online, for fun and not for making money.
If a WN does really well it gets a LN version, which is supposed to be an improved version of the WN, since the seller puts up LNs for sale in bookstores and has to print it.

This is also the reason why you find WN translations way easier, because the translator doesn't need to buy the original novel in this case.

And? To the novel readers (@aspaknyaa; @uwuarsa; @Mattinator95; @kuuderes_shadow) does it ring any bells? I'd like to know before I start reading the novel since the novel seems to be good

Usually LNs follow the WN but adds stuff to make it more refined I guess.

Sometimes a LN goes completely separate from there WN and does new stuff .

In this case the series follows the WN with the the first arc being in volume 1
Which is a set up of sorts that tells you how the main character starts from A and ends up at B i.e hunters school not like the anime that starts at B .and goes back to A when needed . While changing things that didn't happen
Oct 8, 2019 3:13 PM

Nov 2016
El_Caguai said:

Uh no it wasn't

The author originally was going to use a brother other than a sister. I found translated versions of the manga where I was originally an big brother
Oct 8, 2019 4:39 PM
Jun 2016
People are saying they're disappointed because the source material is being butchered. A source material being changed doesn't mean butchering, in fact, the greatest weakness of most good anime is the content unchanged from the source material.

We should be striving for more butchering, not less.

SERIOUSLY PEOPLE, DON'T GET UP IN ARMS ABOUT THE ANIME NOT BEING EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE SOURCE MATERIAL.
Tenderizer79Oct 8, 2019 4:43 PM
Oct 8, 2019 5:57 PM

Aug 2013
El_Caguai said:

Uh no it wasn't

The author originally was going to use a brother other than a sister. I found translated versions of the manga where I was originally an big brother

It was retconned before the anime aired though so it had nothing to do with the anime director
Oct 8, 2019 6:06 PM

Oct 2007
enjoyed the first episode, so I couldn't care less what the reviewers say.
Oct 8, 2019 7:38 PM
Jun 2019
i havent read the novel or manga so i dont really care.
for the preservation of our blue and pure world
Oct 9, 2019 4:54 PM
Feb 2014
I just watched the first episode and it definitely has a different feel to what I've seen of the manga (haven't had the opportunity to read the Ln or wn).

Like the animation is alright but it kinda... Didn't feel like a good characterisation of a female character? Felt more like a female mc aimed at a male audience kinda thing with her focusing on boobs, how attractive the Knight girl was (or at least that's what I was getting from her staring at her) etc.

Wasn't terribly enjoyable to watch with a lot of the fairly light explanations shifted around as well or the weird pedo villain on the first episode. Oh well, hope others enjoy it but I'm dropping it.
Oct 10, 2019 3:46 AM
Jan 2018
Tenderizer17 said:
People are saying they're disappointed because the source material is being butchered. A source material being changed doesn't mean butchering, in fact, the greatest weakness of most good anime is the content unchanged from the source material.

We should be striving for more butchering, not less.

SERIOUSLY PEOPLE, DON'T GET UP IN ARMS ABOUT THE ANIME NOT BEING EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE SOURCE MATERIAL.

That's not the issue here . The issue is the lolicon jokes and the the apprent pedo character

The whole first arc can be added a different way
Oct 10, 2019 4:00 AM
Jun 2016
Mattinator95 said:
That's not the issue here . The issue is the lolicon jokes and the the apprent pedo character

The whole first arc can be added a different way
The original post only mentions the lolicon jokes explicitly as added content.

That aside, there's nothing wrong with normalising pedophilia (I mean that sincerely), which takes away the potential harm angle. The other two angles are it making people uncomfortable, which I can to an extent relate to, and it makes the anime gear towards male pandering, which I can't agree with. To be fair, the character from the first episode isn't so much a pedophile as just a kidnapper.
Oct 14, 2019 3:03 AM
Mar 2019
Okaaayyyy. The pedo villan scene should be the least of your worries whether this show will be good because they just shot themselves in the foot from this first episode.

This whole first episode was absolutely ridiculous. We were given a brief intro to the protag and her background and nothing else (I'm assuming she'll reveal them in time.) Then things happen one after another with minimal reason just for convenience and all of a sudden an evil villan shows up and being the protag decides to save them because she has a good heart (WHAT A COINCIDENCE.) Then she forms a party whom she just met who COINCIDENTALLY were looking into it and they go save the day (with her OP lazer power of course she'll save them). You already know this is being set up and so it's predictable what happens in the end which isn't a bad thing, but the whole reasoning and motivation behind of each scene is so ridiculous I already am not liking this and I have no desire to invest in watching this series unfold.

I'll most likely watch this for shits and giggles but I can't take this show seriously unlike Konosuba which they did the series exceptional.
Oct 14, 2019 9:17 AM
Jan 2018
Kinkyou012 said:
Okaaayyyy. The pedo villan scene should be the least of your worries whether this show will be good because they just shot themselves in the foot from this first episode.

This whole first episode was absolutely ridiculous. We were given a brief intro to the protag and her background and nothing else (I'm assuming she'll reveal them in time.) Then things happen one after another with minimal reason just for convenience and all of a sudden an evil villan shows up and being the protag decides to save them because she has a good heart (WHAT A COINCIDENCE.) Then she forms a party whom she just met who COINCIDENTALLY were looking into it and they go save the day (with her OP lazer power of course she'll save them). You already know this is being set up and so it's predictable what happens in the end which isn't a bad thing, but the whole reasoning and motivation behind of each scene is so ridiculous I already am not liking this and I have no desire to invest in watching this series unfold.

I'll most likely watch this for shits and giggles but I can't take this show seriously unlike Konosuba which they did the series exceptional.

80% of the first episode was anime orginal anyway (which is all that you said actually ) Its also nothing like KonoSuba so they have already ruined it anyway .

Mattinator95Oct 14, 2019 9:22 AM
Oct 14, 2019 10:55 AM

Aug 2018
What a crybaby.

We literally had an anime about a lolicon surrounded by little girls (that trainer or whatever she was) and in Arifureta we had a literal pederast protagonist who slept with a 8 y/o on the 4th episode.

This is incredibly bland in comparation and there was like 1 pedo joke if you can call it that (that villainess).
I never lie on the internet. What's the point of it...
the chinese noodles ad is an anime and avatar isn't!
triggered

Check out my taste and my profile.
Oct 14, 2019 12:07 PM

Jul 2015
That pedo stuff and trying to make a joke out of potential child ra*e was totally out of place and disgusting.

Oct 14, 2019 8:58 PM
Jul 2011
That is terrible.
It is just terrible.
It does not matter whether people like it or not.
Oct 14, 2019 9:52 PM

Feb 2013
K1ngOfSloth said:

No anime ever adapts a WN directly because it's not an official product, they always will adapt the Light Novel because it's from a publisher. And no, there's not much difference between the WN and LN.
Oct 14, 2019 11:53 PM
Jul 2010
This is like... I Am Legend levels of poor adaptation.
Oct 15, 2019 5:11 AM

Mar 2018
caio_brb said:
K1ngOfSloth said:

No anime ever adapts a WN directly because it's not an official product, they always will adapt the Light Novel because it's from a publisher.
Yeah I know that and was basically what I said too,
caio_brb said:
And no, there's nit much difference between the WN and LN.
but thanks for the answer anyways ^^

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Oct 17, 2019 8:28 PM

Nov 2009
Huh, interesting....

no wonder I felt something was off.

(Tho I didn't really notice if anything is different, cause apparently I dropped the manga after 2 chapters or so... according to my offline list... lol, maybe the manga was boring to me or something)
amlgOct 17, 2019 8:41 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Oct 18, 2019 1:37 AM

Feb 2013
amlg said:
Huh, interesting....

no wonder I felt something was off.

(Tho I didn't really notice if anything is different, cause apparently I dropped the manga after 2 chapters or so... according to my offline list... lol, maybe the manga was boring to me or something)

Manga is also an adaptation. The original is the LN, which both the anime and manga are based on
Oct 20, 2019 4:07 AM

May 2009
Don't even read anything from ANN that isn't news. Reviews and articles by these SJWs are worthless.
ToG25thBaam said:
kuuderes_shadow said:

For some reason, Japan likes to make their shit as weird as possible. Today's anime is not something you can watch care free in front of your family or friend. You never know when they're gonna show underage girls in revealing swimsuit or choking on popsicle dripping all over your bikini. They love to fetishize the sister/mom role and often make them act like 8 even though they're 20~50 years old.

This pedo joke thing honestly doesn't surprise me. It only reaffirms what I've thought about Japanimation industry for years. Even the acclaimed Sora Yori mo Tooi Basho has their own pedo joke. Angolmois which looked to be a history war drama also had really inappropriate scenes during serious moments that completely ruined the show.

It's ridiculous.

What scene Angolmois had that was inappropriate? Rape? That happened during invasions on whole world.
Oct 20, 2019 5:10 AM

Jun 2011
bastek66 said:
What scene Angolmois had that was inappropriate? Rape? That happened during invasions on whole world.
Final episode at around 8:14, where it was supposed to be a really emotional scene was ruined by the camera angle showing upskirt of the ninja retainer, whatever sad feelings that I had prior was completely ruined.

Oh and speaking of rape, that rape part was so forced when invaders started pulling down their pants in the middle of a war lol couldn't even wait until the war's finished and hold everyone else captive before doing the deeds.. they really want to nail the message in.. it's ridiculous.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 5, 2019 7:37 AM
Dec 2018
I was little skeptical about picking the show, given the low score. But I think I made the right choice by picking it up. Also a note to Manga/LN/WN readers : If you are disappointed by the adaptation, atleast don't give bad ratings in the initial episodes. Give it all your hate once it finishes airing. But just let it be on the first page of MAL's currently airing anime. Only-anime watchers may like it, and even if they don't like it, they'll discover it and may follow the better source (Manga/LN/whatever). So please if you can, let it be a popular this season, because scores do matter. It'll help the Manga/LN, so it's not a loss.
Nov 5, 2019 11:15 AM

Apr 2015
it's just episode 5 in and they've pretty much exhausted all the materials they could harvest from the manga. 7 more episodes to go at least. I doubt they will spend an entire episode just for the first 3 girls from the first academy. they are minor characters at best and background characters at worst. we're gonna see completely new content from here.
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Dec 30, 2019 11:57 PM

Oct 2019
salarx said:
Also a note to Manga/LN/WN readers : If you are disappointed by the adaptation, atleast don't give bad ratings in the initial episodes. Give it all your hate once it finishes airing. But just let it be on the first page of MAL's currently airing anime. Only-anime watchers may like it, and even if they don't like it, they'll discover it and may follow the better source (Manga/LN/whatever).

I totally agree with you. The people here I am seeing did'nt even watch finish the show and are already judging how the anime adaptation is. To all those who are interested to watch this but are thinking of dropping because of the bad reviews here...just don't. Trust me I have seen the whole anime and it is a wholesome anime. Yes, there might be some pedo jokes, but the whole show does not revolve around it. Plus for the people saying the anime are skipping things, well it is just because you did not finish watching it to know that the anime later did explain everything.

I do not normally post things here but I feel that I really need to for this anime. It deserves so much better.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Watashi, Nouryoku wa Heikinchi de tte Itta yo ne! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2019

125 by Vosson12564_cool »»
Mar 4, 4:01 PM

Poll: » Watashi, Nouryoku wa Heikinchi de tte Itta yo ne! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2019

89 by Old_Fart_61 »»
Jan 11, 7:29 PM

Poll: » Watashi, Nouryoku wa Heikinchi de tte Itta yo ne! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2019

89 by Old_Fart_61 »»
Jan 11, 7:18 PM

» Where do I pick up the light novel after the anime?

neil - Dec 23, 2019

8 by abyss_will »»
Dec 12, 2023 11:22 AM

» will this ever get a second season?

go1d1eaf - May 22, 2021

17 by NiQ1 »»
Oct 4, 2023 1:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.