3It was OK
11.6%
2Disliked it
0.6%
1Hated it
2.3%
Average 4.4
172 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 14, 2019 8:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lord El-Melloi II is looking for Olga's cooperation after all.

About time we got the magic eyes auction started in this season after all the drama too. I must admit, that auction was pretty tense with a lot of offers. Kinda felt like a mental battle between the bidders.
Sep 14, 2019 9:10 AM
Jun 2015
almost complete, if i can hear the continuation of his explanation then i can sure this anime is more better after luvia lame sudden appearance (especially for manga reader)
Sep 14, 2019 9:13 AM

Apr 2016
When Olga turned on that holographic map, we full fgo at that moment lol. And our main group is slowly but surely getting to the true preparator of all this. Also, even in the fanfictions money are the strongest magic lol.

Rizki_Diablo said:
almost complete, if i can hear the continuation of his explanation then i can sure this anime is more better after luvia lame sudden appearance (especially for manga reader)

Well good for you manga reader.

Also good this does not follow that manga you read.
SwagernatorSep 14, 2019 10:04 AM
Sep 14, 2019 10:05 AM

Aug 2013
Waver and the others bidding with a crazy amount of money.

So next week's episode they'll solve the case. About time.

Sep 14, 2019 10:54 AM

Dec 2015
Gray and Olga are so adorable XD

I really love character like Melvin

I know that Mystic Eyes are really sought after and treasured by Mages, but those auctions with hundred millions of dollars are just crazy and frightened me

*sigh

This felt too short...
JuuzouXIIISep 14, 2019 10:57 AM
Sep 14, 2019 10:57 AM

Jul 2013
That scene with Luvia in the bath needed this after she stopped talking with Waver:
Sep 14, 2019 12:10 PM
Apr 2016
So the perpetrator is either Adashino, or Trisha herself. But the mastermind? The Servant that is presumably not a part of this particular case? I would say this is, so far, a decent crime fiction.
Re:formed
Sep 14, 2019 2:23 PM

May 2018
So, can we say that Adashino was the perpetrator around here?????
Sep 14, 2019 3:28 PM

Apr 2015
I can't help but say that Olga Marie is adorable, can't wait to see more of her in the upcoming Grand Order Anime..

The episode itself, the auction finally started and god damn those were some big numbers alright, their wallets sure go deep. We can only dream to have that kind of cash XD. So Waver has finally managed to solve the case, but we'll see the result of it next week.
Sep 14, 2019 4:09 PM

Aug 2018
There are a lot of informations to digest right now, pretty sure Adashino is mostly involved with all the shit that happened, she seemed suspicious since her first appearance.

Auction was really intense, too bad we couldn't see more from the other participants and only the main cast were putting money on the table.

I call a big mage fight next ep similar to a master/servant with Waver/Gray against Adashino/Hephaistion, going to be hype !
Sep 14, 2019 5:31 PM

Oct 2012
Well, I knew Adashino and Hephaestion were one person, I noticed their similiarity the last time. In fact, not really Hephaestion but his imitator as it was revealed by Waver.

But then again, the explanations in this very case just feels very contrived and artificial and whole case is very disappointing in terms of the mystery. They even had to have "stupid character" (Yvette) who would explain everything for viewers except it didn't really worked. Good detective story is something that can be followed and unraveled like jigsaw puzzle but here, noone would be able to even guess because the only clues were in Wavers(author's) head all the time.

Sadly, I'm not really enjoying this at all and the more so that this series is desperately trying to fit into Fate universe but breaks many of its laws along the way.
Sep 14, 2019 6:30 PM
Nov 2017
CeddyyBearr said:
I can't help but say that Olga Marie is adorable, can't wait to see more of her in the upcoming Grand Order Anime..

That anime won't go over Olga. There's already an hour-long anime that adapts the entire first F/GO chapter that you can watch. (Fate/Grand Order: First Order)
Sep 14, 2019 6:39 PM

Feb 2015
Can't say that was a surprise.
Sep 14, 2019 7:18 PM
Mar 2015
As Waver was about to name the murderer the killer strikes
Sep 14, 2019 8:22 PM

Oct 2015
Knew Karabo was innocent somehow, Adashino just wanted a scapegoat for herself!

The bidding at the auction was really entertaining, but although it was futile for waiver, since he stopped it at the climax. That cliffhanger got me hyped!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 14, 2019 8:45 PM

Aug 2010
Mich666 said:
Well, I knew Adashino and Hephaestion were one person, I noticed their similiarity the last time. In fact, not really Hephaestion but his imitator as it was revealed by Waver.

But then again, the explanations in this very case just feels very contrived and artificial and whole case is very disappointing in terms of the mystery. They even had to have "stupid character" (Yvette) who would explain everything for viewers except it didn't really worked. Good detective story is something that can be followed and unraveled like jigsaw puzzle but here, noone would be able to even guess because the only clues were in Wavers(author's) head all the time.

Sadly, I'm not really enjoying this at all and the more so that this series is desperately trying to fit into Fate universe but breaks many of its laws along the way.

I'm not going to say much on the first part. A lot of people demonstrated before that Case Files is more of a Magic Mystery story, rather than a Detective story where you try to solve the case alongside the detective. You probably should've seen this coming, considering the world this series is set in.

I will, however, ask this: what laws does this series break?
From what I've seen, this is completely inline with all previous Fate installments and not a single established piece of lore was broken.
Sep 14, 2019 10:22 PM

Aug 2015
we're seeing more of Luvia-sama than I ever expected <3

This anime has shown us many new sides of Luiva-sama, it's hard to believe this is the same magus who will become known as Mary of July after fighting with Tohsaka Rin in a year

Illyricus said:
That scene with Luvia in the bath needed this after she stopped talking with Waver:

Agreed, there has been a serious dearth of ohohos in this anime

AAAGH that cliffhanger ending

damn, Olga Marie is so annoying, no wonder she got disinherited lol

Digesting her dialogue a bit more, I feel I can understand her her a little better:

Olga Marie: I hate you because you stand up to authority
(and that makes me hate myself because I can't)

Still, slapping Waver is going too far, don't lay a finger on my boy.

Auctioneer: No more time for breaks
Waver: I'm just gonna do the whole Agatha Christie detective thing and reveal the identity of the culprit in front of everyone present
Auctioneer: I now have nothing to say about this
glassknucklesSep 19, 2019 9:07 PM
Sep 15, 2019 1:03 AM

Apr 2016
Mich666 said:
but breaks many of its laws along the way.

Which ones exactly ?
Sep 15, 2019 1:37 AM

Oct 2017
Now this was marvelous. "This is no true case. Its the afterimage of what was once a case." loved it damn.
Sep 15, 2019 4:41 AM

Oct 2012
astroprogs said:
From what I've seen, this is completely inline with all previous Fate installments and not a single established piece of lore was broken.

Let's just say that I'm not a fan of new Servants conveniently showing outside of the Holy Grail War just for the sake of the plot and the same thing applies to cloning Arthuria. I also don't like the bloat number of mystic eyes being introduced here.

Both in Tsukihime and Fate those eyes were firmly set in to story, quite rare and suddendly just about everyone has it in Case files? Imagine the implications these would have on the world itself. Also, when boarding such train dealing specifically with Mystic Eyes where such huge amounts of money fly around, one would expect the passangers would have at least some kind of protection, like Mystic Eyes Kilers.

I'm also not a fan of FGO in terms of newly introduced lore simply because the things introduced there are mainly for sake of setting gamification, not to be taken seriously. That's why I tend to disregard it, not to mention it's different timeline that branched from the original unlike this one which is set between the 4th and 5th HGW.

But even if I accepted everything above, what the heck is this? There are some lines that needs to be drawn and not crossed and this is certainly one them. Suddenly I had the feeling I'm watching Mahou Tsukai no Yome instead of well-thought world I knew from before.
Sep 15, 2019 6:16 AM

Apr 2017
Mich666 said:
astroprogs said:

Let's just say that I'm not a fan of new Servants conveniently showing outside of the Holy Grail War just for the sake of the plot and the same thing applies to cloning Arthuria. I also don't like the bloat number of mystic eyes being introduced here.

Both in Tsukihime and Fate those eyes were firmly set in to story, quite rare and suddendly just about everyone has it in Case files? Imagine the implications these would have on the world itself. Also, when boarding such train dealing specifically with Mystic Eyes where such huge amounts of money fly around, one would expect the passangers would have at least some kind of protection, like Mystic Eyes Kilers.

I'm also not a fan of FGO in terms of newly introduced lore simply because the things introduced there are mainly for sake of setting gamification, not to be taken seriously. That's why I tend to disregard it, not to mention it's different timeline that branched from the original unlike this one which is set between the 4th and 5th HGW.

But even if I accepted everything above, what the heck is this? There are some lines that needs to be drawn and not crossed and this is certainly one them. Suddenly I had the feeling I'm watching Mahou Tsukai no Yome instead of well-thought world I knew from before.

Everthing u said doesn't break any laws, like, what??

And what does FGO have to do with this anime? Everthing said and used here is from the main timeline, FGO timeline is pointless here, I really don't see how is this even an argument?? Which lore from FGO is used here? U have Iskandar's lore from the main timeline and than u just have the animusphere family (and they are not a FGO exclusive lol).
Sep 15, 2019 8:42 AM
Jan 2018
So people die of their heads are taken
Sep 15, 2019 3:49 PM
Mar 2017
Well, the situation became intense now that the auction has started, the participants want to have the mystical eyes of Callebaut, especially Ivette and the cheater of Adashino, but now Waver needs more allies to finish this case.

Waver reveals that he had not seen Hephaestion in Ishkandar's troops, which makes him doubt more about who is this woman who claims to be the right hand of the conquering king.
Waver decides to ask Olga Marie for help since Trisha's killer is also the thief Waver is looking for, but she feels depressed about the events that happened, but Waver encourages her by telling her the story of how he participated in the Holy Grail War and lost, in this way Olga Marie understood that she could see Waver as a trustworthy person who would not use her, but would help her.
Olga Marie reveals what her father thought of Grail.

Shishigou changes partners and now Flatt and Svin are traveling with him, I hope to see what their participation in the next episode will be.

There is nothing more delicious than seeing Luvia taking a bath ... damn she is a very elegant and charming woman.

The auction for the mystical eyes was intense, many wanted those rare eyes, but they could not compete against Ivette, Adashino and Waver, who are also risking high sums of money, especially Waver who already has a tremendous debt with Melvin and Reines, But it is Melvin who finally supports the finances for this auction and thus have fun in his own way.
The battle for the mystical eyes continues with Ivette and Waver, but finally Ivette offers a sum of money that leaves Waver trembling, but he receives the signal he expected and reveals what happened with Trisha and brought down the deduction that Adashino gave earlier.
What the hell happened with the head of Trisha that reacted in that way and caught Caules in that purple circle, I hope that now the guilty party appears, after this episode I have high expectations for what is next in the next episode.
Sep 15, 2019 11:41 PM

Jul 2016
That sure was an intense auction. Pretty entertaining and the BGM selection made the whole sequence even better.

Overall, another enjoyable episode though a bit heavy for moments in terms of explanations.

Two more episodes to go. Looking forward to knowing Adashino's reasons in all this.
Sep 15, 2019 11:57 PM

Apr 2016
kuraharah said:
Did Waver just assume people don't die when they are killed?!

And then the people say this show has no mystery in it.
Sep 16, 2019 3:18 AM

May 2018
kuraharah said:
Did Waver just assume people don't die when they are killed?!

No, he only implied that "People die if they are killed." being generally a correct statement it's no always a right one.
alshuSep 16, 2019 3:21 AM
Sep 17, 2019 2:19 PM

Mar 2018
Loved the auction part, intense to the last moment.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Sep 17, 2019 2:21 PM

Jan 2018
olgas world views might be the most stupid thing ive seen in anime

also
"the key to mystery is this totally random bullshit thing that doesnt really make sense and was never mentioned either .
be impressed by my smartness "

yeah because being able to use somebody elses bodyparts that they still had because they werent using them in that moment makes any sense . amazing

this anime gets worse every week
4/10
Sep 17, 2019 9:46 PM

Jul 2016
Good episode. The auction starts, Waver and Melvin are best bros. Adashino is the enemy? To the next episode.

Sep 18, 2019 1:56 PM

Sep 2017
I have mentioned before that Adashino is really suspicious. now it is confirmed. looking forward to the next episode. it will hopefully be more adventurous.
Sep 19, 2019 1:04 PM

May 2016
That cliffhanger....

Whodunnit I just wanna know that.

Gotta say this now, Waver looks so creepy with that glass and whats with those folds in his face he not fucking 70 years..... kinda late for this but the plot slowed down a lot and had to
put out of the book. just wanna punch the character designer in the face for making him look so bad.
Sep 19, 2019 2:25 PM

Aug 2010
Raizel said:
That cliffhanger....

Whodunnit I just wanna know that.

Gotta say this now, Waver looks so creepy with that glass and whats with those folds in his face he not fucking 70 years..... kinda late for this but the plot slowed down a lot and had to
put out of the book. just wanna punch the character designer in the face for making him look so bad.

He's designed by Takashi Takeuchi. The same guy who designed every F/SN and F/Z character. Waver is just a grouchy dude.
Oct 12, 2019 8:31 AM

Jul 2015
Damn the amount of money they bet, the amount of money Waver would be in debt....crazy rich people smh betting that money as if its pocket change

So Adashino has been revealed as the perpetrator...

Oct 19, 2019 9:45 PM

Dec 2013
Just because you lose your head doesn’t mean you die!

So the culprit is Caules? Wut?
G_Spark233Oct 19, 2019 9:52 PM
Dec 27, 2019 8:34 PM

Dec 2018
Waver: I can't lose against him at any cost!
Him? So...... he's not suspecting Adashino....
It's Caules.....well......
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jul 30, 2021 3:00 AM

Apr 2013
Nice, Luvia-sama in the bath... best part of the episode. The rest was rather dragged out, but Adashino was the obvious choice from the first time she appeared in the train. But it seems she's caging Caules now?
Sep 2, 2022 7:02 AM

Sep 2017
another bad episode

Smh olga slapping waver just because she cant handle her emotions was shitty af.

and waver pulling out magic facts outta nowhere just to get the plot moving.
smh.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Jul 11, 2023 8:51 AM

Nov 2010
Those glimpses of Ionioi Hetairoi generals give me goosebumps. The legendary men who accompanied Alexander to conquer the known world! Damn, so badass!

I want to give Luviagelita a personal lecture on the sexual kind. Damn, her body is screw worthy!
I wish I had a fraction of the money they spent on those mystic eyes. I'll be able to retire now and live the next decades in peace & relaxation.
Gray's innocence is so adorable.
Holy shit. Yvette is loaded! That's why if I were Waver, I would accept her sexual advances with open arms. So much to gain and nothing to lose!
Aug 3, 2023 10:54 PM
Jul 2023
The auction has started!
- super entertaining
- I love how he just stopped it and started talking about his case instead

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lord El-Melloi II Sei no Jikenbo: Rail Zeppelin Grace Note Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2019

86 by Karva1 »»
Feb 24, 2:22 PM

Poll: » Lord El-Melloi II Sei no Jikenbo: Rail Zeppelin Grace Note Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 27, 2019

60 by Karva1 »»
Feb 24, 1:13 PM

Poll: » Lord El-Melloi II Sei no Jikenbo: Rail Zeppelin Grace Note Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 13, 2019

126 by Karva1 »»
Feb 24, 12:05 PM

Poll: » Lord El-Melloi II Sei no Jikenbo: Rail Zeppelin Grace Note Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2019

102 by Karva1 »»
Feb 24, 9:30 AM

Poll: » Lord El-Melloi II Sei no Jikenbo: Rail Zeppelin Grace Note Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2019

100 by Trinity_07 »»
Jan 21, 4:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.