Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Mary

Sep 14, 2:37 AM

Like how she constantly breaks formation, rushes in, puts her comrades in danger and nobody seems to care about that.

And at the end where she got stabbed and shot multiple times and still surviving and holding conversations anime logic haha

Sep 17, 12:33 PM

PzKpfw_VI_Tiger said:
Like how she constantly breaks formation, rushes in, puts her comrades in danger and nobody seems to care about that.

And at the end where she got stabbed and shot multiple times and still surviving and holding conversations anime logic haha

Her surviving after getting stabbed then shot mutiple times and still holding a conversation is not illogical in this series. To begin with this series has magic involved and on top of that she has special powers given to her by Being X/God. Also she wasn't shot on any vitals too. So theres nothing to laugh about that.
Gray, Rave, Crave, Deprave.
Grave me,
Grave for you.

Sep 18, 3:11 AM

Yeah she was the focus of the movie and I found her to be a generally uninteresting character

Sep 18, 3:25 AM
Forum Moderator
My issue was just the way she looked. In the light novel art she looked really cool, but in the anime version....nah. Her hair style is awful.

Sep 18, 3:36 AM
I knew what I was getting into when I heard her name. It's kind of cool to see the "villian" battle against some Mary Sue with plot armour. But my interest ended there. She was an overly emotional little shit, about what you'd expect from a brainwashed child with superpowers. But still annoying.

Sep 18, 3:46 AM
I thought Mary was supposed to be portrayed as a vengeful, annoying edgy 'shit' in the anime.In other words you should be asking if anyone actually did not mind her so much.

Maybe I'm wrong but the whole point of that character was to be hated by the audience(or so it seems to me). I say that because the anime is based from the POV of Tanya whose character and goals are the exact opposite of someone like Mary.

Sep 19, 2:00 AM
She's literally a Mary Sue.

Sep 19, 5:13 PM

MegamiRem said:
PzKpfw_VI_Tiger said:

Her surviving after getting stabbed then shot mutiple times and still holding a conversation is not illogical in this series. To begin with this series has magic involved and on top of that she has special powers given to her by Being X/God. Also she wasn't shot on any vitals too. So theres nothing to laugh about that.

Nah. It 100% is. She didn't have the glowly god eyes, nor magic. Her tool was broken. She got shot in the sternum, right in the esophagus, trachea, and lungs. She 100% should have been dead and it was 100% bullshit for her to live, let alone talk, after that scene. All the bullets except the first went through and through. This is beyond plot armor, and is just straight up bullshit. Not shot in vitals my fucking ass. She'd have no lungs after that scene and probably no throat.
Modified by Yautja, Sep 19, 5:16 PM

Sep 20, 10:24 AM
I love Mary. She is cute and best villain so far in this anime

Sep 21, 9:31 AM
Yautja said:
MegamiRem said:

Nah. It 100% is. She didn't have the glowly god eyes, nor magic. Her tool was broken. She got shot in the sternum, right in the esophagus, trachea, and lungs. She 100% should have been dead and it was 100% bullshit for her to live, let alone talk, after that scene. All the bullets except the first went through and through. This is beyond plot armor, and is just straight up bullshit. Not shot in vitals my fucking ass. She'd have no lungs after that scene and probably no throat.

I completely agree, its total bullshit that she lived after taking that many bullets to the torso. She should've been bleeding like crazy out of all the exit wounds. Bullets also do more than just make a hole in you, they tear up your insides. The first bullet went right between her collarbones, it would've torn up her air pipe, and she would be chocking to death on her own blood, it would've been completely impossible to talk after that. Not to mention all the other bullets that punctured her lungs, even if she didn't die on the spot theres no way she would've been able to make it back to a hospital, and even if she did thered be no way to save her, even if a doctor was right there on site. She dies in the Web Novel, but not the light novel or the anime apparently.

Sep 22, 12:16 AM

i didn't really mind, but I'm having trouble trying to come up what the point of her character even was. A little self-reflection for Tanya? I guess for the short 20 seconds that the movie goes over it... :p

I was actually wondering how interesting it would be if Tanya actually ended up capturing her,
or even just the possibilities you could explore in having Tanya outright kill someone who seems to have a parallel access to whateverthefuckbeingx's blessing

Sep 27, 11:03 AM
Yeah i hated her. She was the type of character "Oh someone's killed my dad, so i have to go full berserk despite it's wrong and not healthy against someone who is clearly stronger than me and i might kill someone who i shouldn't" stereotype. We've seen like her a lot in anime and they all are obnoxious.

Plust that "Entity x" ex-machina is becoming a bit annoying. They should add something else rather than giving us the same fucking stuff. Christ.

Sep 27, 2:07 PM

Well, I'd say that's pretty much point of the character, isn't it? To contrast the logical Tanya.
You all need to watch Nami.

Oct 1, 3:32 PM

Idk anymore... To me, she already died twice... curse you beingx ... why do you keep reviving the poor girl and send her into battle aaaa
~_~ !

Oct 6, 10:55 AM

She is a fair representation of Being X's will, somehow. Like she appears as an angel on the movie official illustration, contrasting Tanya, who's being considered AND explicitely called as a demon.

Without her presence, the origin of this story (punishment for doubting God's existence) would be lost in the movie. Luckily enough there wasn't any scenes with Tanya talking directly to him so the minimum remained to bring something directly related to him, aka a character owning his will & power.

Oct 6, 11:04 AM

Didn't her fathers empire, attack the empire? or tresspass in their lands?

why get angry at people defending their countries, from communist rapists?

I think she exists soley to annoy rational thinkers.
Modified by ThatUndeadLegacy, Oct 6, 11:29 AM

Oct 13, 10:18 AM

Otorez said:
She is a fair representation of Being X's will, somehow. Like she appears as an angel on the movie official illustration, contrasting Tanya, who's being considered AND explicitly called as a demon.

Without her presence, the origin of this story (punishment for doubting God's existence) would be lost in the movie. Luckily enough there wasn't any scenes with Tanya talking directly to him so the minimum remained to bring something directly related to him, aka a character owning his will & power.

Mary Sue is the daughter of Anson Sioux (Sue). The guy who 1st showed up in episode 2 while Tanya was patrolling the border & most of his men got wrecked in Tanya's spotting mission.

He then shows up later, after Mary gifts him the rifle, to defend the port town that was strategic to the Empire. Tanya & friends once again wreck Anson's men. Anson himself nearly receives a mortal wound & Tanya takes his better then her's rifle. It is a nice rifle. Automatic too.

Then finally for the last time Anson joins one of the 1st multinational groups but is using a gun banned by treaties. (looks like a shotgun) basically Anson who should be a good guy has turned in to a villain at this point. Also Tanya finally starts to somewhat feel despair as Being X has hoped, but Tanya superior scientific mind still wins out.

Now we have Mary Sue (Sioux) joining the fight. I think she's meant to be the other side of Tanya's coin. The radical religious zealot. If Tanya is a bad for being overly logical then Mary is a bad whatever religion she's suppose to represent. But yeah, she's annoying as fuck & self centered