15th Anniversary
Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Dr. Stone Episode 11 Discussion

Sep 13, 1:50 PM

I keep saying this every week but Suika is just so adorable.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”

Sep 13, 1:52 PM

Although this episode focus isn't on Kohaku, we are blessed with a few of her best screenshots of the series! I can't decide which of her (♥ ∀ ♥ ) face is my favorite also that young smiling Kohaku!

Anyway, here is the collage for this week

And also a bonus because I couldn't help it :)

Modified by Benphyre, Sep 13, 2:00 PM
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて

Sep 13, 2:43 PM

Excellent episode!

Suika who sees the world differently through the glasses is pretty sad, especially when she sees the sunflower.
Modified by Elyshion, Nov 4, 3:09 PM

Sep 13, 2:45 PM
ghtyujkkpkohkjb said:
I'm really glad to see the studio didn't continue on "Tsukasa War" arc. Why can't the series be a simple slice of life/comedy version of Minecraft or something like that?

The studio isn't "doing" anything, just following the manga, anime is following how it happens in the manga.

Sep 13, 2:46 PM

Episode after episode i can't wait for more of this, I'm really forcing myself from reading the manga.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Sep 13, 3:14 PM

inb4 Senku ends up making Tylenol (the powder form at least)
'On-Hold' is another way for a completionist to say 'Dropped'

Sep 13, 4:00 PM

This anime is leaving me a tad too emotional, it really puts into perspective the world around us... I'm so distressed.

Sep 13, 4:08 PM

Glass obtained!

Suika is actually adorable as heck! The scene where Suika was able to see the sunflower clearly was really touching.

So now they have a lab thanks to a handy craftsman from the village. The "Sorcerer Team" is slowly growing in manpower! Things are progressing quickly with the resources they obtain!

Sep 13, 4:50 PM

Kohaku should be in every scene at this point as far as im concerned lol. And yeah that Suika scene in which she could finally see properly was indeed heartwarming.

Sep 13, 5:00 PM

Suika is too cute !!

Sep 13, 5:20 PM

Suika is a cutie and I loved her reaction to finally being able to see the world around her clearly.

Old man Kaseki is pretty awesome too.

Sometimes this show just makes me think about how far humanity has come and how we take our current technology for granted so much. I don't even know what I would've done if I'd been born in a different era.

Sep 13, 5:30 PM

Finally I can praise the OP for teasing Suika's lenses with that little glint in the light

Sep 13, 6:22 PM
OppaiLover-_- said:
I bet that next episode they're going to make glasses for Ginro and that'll make him a lot stronger since he'll actually be able to see from far away.

Wait does he also have trouble seeing like the small girl with the melon helmet? Cuz that's what I was interpreting from him

Sep 13, 6:53 PM
Old man Kaseki is best boi. Loved him in the manga

Sep 13, 6:58 PM

Yup, the scene with Suika being able to see without problems was really touching, especially for people wearing glasses in order to see properly. It also showed the power of science.

Best waifu Kohaku's first appearance was several episodes earlier, so now it's time for best husbando Kaseki-sama. xD

This episode was excellent. Really good adaptation of several important and beautiful scenes. One of the best episodes so far in my oppinion.

@Benphyre , aye, while this episode was mostly not about Kohaku, it contained some pretty good face expressions. My favourite were when she got her shield (cute smile of a kid being happy after receiving a gift) and of course the one after seeing Suika's face without watermelon on her head. Thanks for the gif of that scene. It's something that many people deep in their hearts wanted to see (including me xD ).
Modified by Adnash93, Sep 13, 7:01 PM

Sep 13, 7:03 PM

So by acquiring the glass material Senku has finally got a chemistry set and I'm glad that he made glasses for Suika. Kaseki was giving me Master Roshi vibes when he started flexing his muscles. He's got that old man strength when it comes to being a craftsman.

Sep 13, 8:06 PM
Glassware acquired

Sep 13, 8:17 PM

Supersky said:
OppaiLover-_- said:
I bet that next episode they're going to make glasses for Ginro and that'll make him a lot stronger since he'll actually be able to see from far away.

Wait does he also have trouble seeing like the small girl with the melon helmet? Cuz that's what I was interpreting from him

@OppaiLover-_-
Kinrou (black hair) is the one who's nearsighted. Ginrou (gold hair) is not. Just remember Ginrou and Gold both start with 'G'

Sep 13, 8:37 PM

come on ro get your fuzzy eyes fixed to beat magma

Sep 13, 8:38 PM

ttcchen said:
Supersky said:

@OppaiLover-_-
Kinrou (black hair) is the one who's nearsighted. Ginrou (gold hair) is not. Just remember Ginrou and Gold both start with 'G'

@ttcchen but when i think of gold i think of the gold spear that kinro has and not ginros hair lol

Sep 13, 8:58 PM
Suika chan very kawawii, that was wholesome moment.

Sep 13, 9:03 PM

Chrome said, "I'm not going to collect sand."

What Chrome doesn't appreciate is that sand is one of the most important materials in the modern world. To the point that there are actual real life sand bandits and smugglers that steal and transport sand on the black market. No, I'm not joking.

Sep 13, 9:07 PM
Totally another masterful episode!

Senku made glasses for Suika, it was an heatwarming moment when she put the glasses, i almost cried watching her happyness!

That old man Kaseki was awesome, he from nothing turned into a old muscle macho, he he is a god at crafting for sure!

So Ginrou need a glasses too, but he dont let Kinrou tell Senkuu about that, i hope Senkuu made a glasses for him!

Kohaku using Senku's expression about "ten billion per cent" about Kinrou and Ginrou just wanting a gold and silver spear, best girl for sure!

The science kingdom explanation was really funny!

Curious for next episode to see where Senkuu will made Kinrou go!

Sep 13, 9:29 PM

They finally made glass now. Nice. It's also neat seeing that old man now in the anime. I wonder how Senku is going to utilize silver now.
"If all you ever do is look down on people, you won't be able to recognize your own weaknesses." -Katsuki Bakugo

Sep 13, 9:34 PM

Do It For Suika...
Nyanpasu! ... [ Ara Ara ]

Sep 13, 10:31 PM

Well, gotta work hard for that silver spear then, Ginrou.

And also damn, those first minutes dedicated to making "glasses" for Suika was super sweet. She's such a cutie and the scene in the sunflowers field was really heartwarming to see. Probably, my favorite moment from this series so far.

Another fun episode overall. Without a doubt, when this series leaves aside the issue regarding Tsukasa and focus more in the SoL aspect, it become way more entertaining. Gotta enjoy it to the fullest while it lasts.

Sep 13, 10:47 PM
zsvx said:
ttcchen said:

@OppaiLover-_-

@ttcchen but when i think of gold i think of the gold spear that kinro has and not ginros hair lol

I get confused by the two brothers' names too. Kinrou is Golden Wolf, and Ginrou is Silver Wolf. But, Ginrou is the one with the gold hair. The Science people need to equip them with their respective spears asap. lol

Sep 13, 10:52 PM
I know we're more than 10 episodes in but this series is starting to remind me that during my childhood I wanted to be a scientist too.

I think most kids probably wants to be a scientist/astronaut more than being a doctor/lawyer when we're younger. Looking at those microscopes are nostalgic. This episode kind of gave me the thought that Science should not be taken for granted as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Sep 13, 11:04 PM

Cool now they obtained glass! Omg Suika looks so adorable without the helmet

Sep 13, 11:08 PM
suika is so cute w/o that mask... hahaha... anyways new product has been made- glass... yeah

Sep 14, 12:00 AM

Senku's plan as always as interesting!

Senku could make better glasses , why Suika still wearing a watermelon?
hmm...
Maybe Suika just likes to wear a watermelon?
Modified by Aim1rR, Sep 14, 12:04 AM

Sep 14, 12:07 AM
Did anyone notice the sound effect in this scene??
It got me

Sep 14, 12:36 AM

So all the characters from the intro now identified.

Will we get a new opening after next episode?

Sep 14, 2:14 AM

A great episode as usual. If only Kinro mentioned his poor eyesight to literally anyone

We are humans, not fish.
We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha

Sep 14, 2:50 AM

Suika must be protected at all costs, she’s too fucking adorable
Subscribe to my Youtube: MariNate

Sep 14, 3:28 AM
their progress is really satisfying to watch

And the old crafter was really funny ^^

However it s impossible to make glasses like that XD
Modified by Franck_Nicolas, Sep 14, 3:41 AM

Sep 14, 5:11 AM

clearly declared this is the best anime of this season so far for me ...

Sep 14, 5:33 AM

Kaseki puts Yuzuriha to same as a crafter haha And those muscles... one hell of an ojii-chan!

I love how close all the new characters have become so that now they're like a family!

Next weeks episode is going to be so good, i loved this part in the manga.

Sep 14, 6:24 AM

This episode can be resumed in one sentence : GOD BLESS THE MEGANE !

Sep 14, 6:37 AM
As long as theres not the original cast of the giant oaf and his annoying crush as well as the almighty and all powerful Tsukasa, I am actually enjoying the show and all the discoveries.

The old man being able to craft the glass is within the shows logic that the anime originally set and wants you to believe in this animated world, it's a good way to resolve the problem in good time. Everyone wasn't a dumb jackass, people had commendable skills in all ages and it's good that they take use as part of the narrative.
As compared to Tsukasa surviving a gunpowder EXPLOSION, taking down a pack of LIONS, running for 30miles STRAIGHT, catching an ARROW MID-FLIGHT.

Sep 14, 7:19 AM

The squad is slowly but surely coming together, Ginro is probably gonna get fucked up in next weeks episode lmao
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy

Sep 14, 7:27 AM

Damn the feel from Suica first time seeing everythng clearly was just great.
Gray, Rave, Crave, Deprave.
Grave me,
Grave for you.

Sep 14, 7:41 AM
I wonder how many years people commenting on this have to the point of overlooking such a weak script...

Sep 14, 8:24 AM

First I was thinking why this show about who we know what will have 24 episodes and if I really feel like putting so much time into this, but now I am getting used to some interesting trivia science show once a week. I am gonna miss it.

Sep 14, 8:49 AM

Pretty good episode. Finally old man kaseki appears, that background music when he was molding the glass was cool. The artwork seem to be inconsistent this episode. It looked good and almost beautiful in some shots but in others it reminded me of One piece quality ...... at least the action scenes in this episode were better than the last ones so props to that

Sep 14, 9:03 AM
ghtyujkkpkohkjb said:
I'm really glad to see the studio didn't continue on "Tsukasa War" arc. Why can't the series be a simple slice of life/comedy version of Minecraft or something like that?

The studio is following the manga and they will get back to Tsukasa soon after Senku obtaining the trust of the village and completing all the preparation for war.

Sep 14, 9:34 AM
They got glass and a laboratory, Senku was so happy that he felt like crying. Also some glasses for the beautiful Suika, and a new assistant, the craftsman Kaseki. Gradually the scientific kingdom is growing, and they are one step closer to medicine 😁.
Ps: Why do I feel that in the next episode they will enter Tsukasa territory 😅.

Sep 14, 11:36 AM

No Senku cola this episode ):
At least we got Suika without helmet, she cute
Living for the day i see animes of:

-Under Night In-Birth
-Atelier Arland series
-Love Live! Perfect Dream Project

Sep 14, 1:17 PM

I'm enjoying the series enough to keep watching, but the speed at which all this is happening is kinda ridiculous for a show that's so grounded in science. Two minutes prior the old man didn't even know smelting and glass was a thing, but after witnessing two people fail at it once he suddenly becomes a master glass smith who can make perfect boiling flasks and beakers without initial training. Maybe it's that the show doesn't really indicate the passage of time, but everything seems too easy for the cast so far.

At least we found something that Senku isn't somehow a master of--glass smithing.

Overall I am enjoying the show, which is why I keep tuning in.
Prouldy addicted to chloroform!

Sep 14, 3:41 PM
Trickster

Suika. My. Angel.

Suika was so incredibly cute. The whole process of making glass was fascinating, but the best part was giving Suika glasses. I loved that Senku told her she wasn't broken or sick, and that with science they could help her. Seeing the human ingenuity at work and giving Suika a chance to see was very powerful I think.

Old man Kaseki was a badass, despite it being a little unrealistic that right out of the gate he knew how to handle glass. I know he has 50 years of experience with crafting, but this still was a brand new concept to him, and I feel as though it should've taken him longer to understand it. It was awesome that he was able to make all the chemistry bottles Senku needed though.

I think this episode was especially good for Senku, not only from Suika's glasses, but also that look when he saw all they had accomplished to finally achieve a lab.

A great, great episode this week.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »