Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 12, 2019 8:30 PM
Jan 2019
I’M INCOHERENT

And then they hit us with the Blur episode title this show really is amazing
beeabodySep 12, 2019 8:36 PM
Sep 12, 2019 8:35 PM

Oct 2015
Didn't imagine the band's name was the title of this anime, Give + the seasons= Given. pretty creative!

I see the band is taking the direction of moving up, can't wait to hear the new song on their next performance.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 12, 2019 8:43 PM

Mar 2018
Oh so that's Given

Thar explosion was so hilarious haha xd too bad we probably won't get to see Mafuyu's new song in the final episode. Or at least I highly doubt it

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Sep 12, 2019 8:46 PM
May 2019
Absolutely hilarious episode. Especially the boys slowly placing their meat on Mafuyu's plate after he finished talking at the restaurant. Priceless hahaha
Sep 12, 2019 8:56 PM
Sep 2015
Wow Mafuyu is aggressive more than I thought. He's not an innocent puppy, he's tiger hunting for his prey, which is Uenoyoma! I dare say he actually want Uenoyoma to do something in his bedroom, 'my mom's not home' what a classic sexual suggestive!

About this episode I want to analyze the length of their.... But I won't do it this time, because someone doesn't want to read it.
Sep 12, 2019 9:44 PM
Mar 2015
He confessed at his favorite date spot. I thought just like Uenooama that he was going to jump in the ocean
Sep 12, 2019 10:18 PM
Apr 2018
We get to know where the name "Given" came from. It was pretty cool how they combined "Give" and "The Seasons" together. Haruki's reaction when Mafuyu explaind the name "Give" was priceless lmaoo. And their new song's name is Winter Story, really fit their former name. Hoping the next song from Mafuyu would be called Summer Story, about how he moved on and fell in love with Ueno.
Sep 12, 2019 10:36 PM

May 2017
Enjoyable episode! Uenoyama reaction always hilarious lol only 1 ep again...im gonna miss this show :(

Also that ugly explosion xDD
Sep 12, 2019 11:43 PM

Jul 2016
That awful explosion effect OMG xD

Another fantastic episode. Both comedy and interactions were on point and seeing Mafuyu being more expressive towards everyone sure made me feel really happy for him.

Sad there is just one episode left. This anime sure ended up being quite a pleasant surprise for me this season.
Sep 12, 2019 11:51 PM
Sep 2019
So sad that the last episode ends next week. Uenoyama's reactions and Sato's confession was the softest cutest thing EVER!!!!!

I wonder if there would ever be a new season... (Season 2)
Sep 13, 2019 12:28 AM

Mar 2016
Uenoyama realising his love for Mafuyu was shifted to this episode. I guess it works since we got to hear the song last episode without much interruptions.

I love Hiiragi. He and Mafuyu have some of the best scenes together.

The band's name was Seasons before because all three members had a kanji related to a season in their names. Now, with mafuyu in the band, they have to change their band name. What? Why? Mafuyu has Fuyu (winter) in his name though!

I was worried that they might add random fillers and push Mafuyu's confession to the next episode. Thank god that didn't happen!
Sep 13, 2019 4:01 AM

Feb 2017
I love the way they executed Ue-sama realizing that he kissed Mafuyu using rewind. Way too funny for me.

Hiragii crying made me realize that he's a big tsundere.

Mafuyu being the one to confess first got me. He's kinda aggressive and straightforward too.

Although it makes sense since Mafuyu is experienced and its actually Uenoyama that is totally clueless, since he is his first love.

Also explosion effect from episode 1 returns!~
I'm getting stressed though since next week is the last episode T^T
RyuuEinzbernSep 13, 2019 5:25 AM
Sep 13, 2019 9:34 AM

Jul 2016
Omg I'm melting!! This is too precious!! TˆT
Sep 13, 2019 10:13 AM

Jul 2013
the explosion effect is iconic
Sep 13, 2019 11:07 AM

Jan 2013
phantomfandom said:
Wow Mafuyu is aggressive more than I thought. He's not an innocent puppy, he's tiger hunting for his prey, which is Uenoyoma! I dare say he actually want Uenoyoma to do something in his bedroom, 'my mom's not home' what a classic sexual suggestive!

About this episode I want to analyze the length of their.... But I won't do it this time, because someone doesn't want to read it.

Please do, I like reading your analysis!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 13, 2019 11:48 AM

Mar 2017
That episode was perfect from start to finish....Uecchi & Mafuyu are so amazing for each other. It's so cute the way Uecchi tries to act cool but he's just a bit mess when it comes to Mafuyu!

Hiiragi is such a great guy. I love him just as much as the other characters even though he was introduced later. However, there is something shady about Ugetsu... i feel like he might become something of an antagonist later on.
Sep 13, 2019 2:23 PM

Jun 2014
That confession at the end was perfect! I can't believe there is only one more episode left.

I definitely need more of this anime. I really want a second season!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Sep 13, 2019 2:37 PM
Feb 2015
idk but i really dislike ugetsu’s character something about him doesn’t feel right to me nonetheless i really loved this ep!
Sep 13, 2019 6:12 PM

Sep 2017
A pretty laid back and goofy episode after all the build up and release. Looks like a ship is going to sail. I can see Hiiragi being jealous in the future, but that would likely be season 2 material.
Sep 14, 2019 6:40 AM
Jan 2019
Short_Circut said:
wat. A gay anime where not everyone is gay? nani?

no, they are gay but rather strait (well I don't really know what the definition of gay but in my viewpoint they are gay)
Sep 14, 2019 7:14 AM
Jul 2018
This episode was great. Ritsu's gay panic is hilarious, he always is on the verge of having a heart attack. That nursing scene made me soft, they are very cute. Finally a couple in a bl anime that is HEALTHY. I am still angry that junjou romantica and sekaiichi hatsukoi have a never score. Anyway, that confession at the end... it was very well done it had the mood and everything but goddamn the cliffhanger.

Also people commented on how everyone is gay but haruki and akihiko are bi. Take-chan is straight too. Anyway, why does it even matter if everyone were to be gay? there are plenty of heterosexual people in every anime. I am so sad that next eoisode is the last, hopefully we get a season 2. Bro, the twitter of the band is real, i already followed it lmao
Sep 14, 2019 11:13 AM

Dec 2016
"geavens" akihiko's clearly a genius with words.
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Sep 14, 2019 11:13 AM

Mar 2018
Perfect place to end the episode. I would so love a second season. Looks like we will end the first season with Uenoyama and Mafuyu telling the guys that they are a couple, which is a good place to end the season. I love the manga but the anime is really precious too.
Sep 14, 2019 12:44 PM
Apr 2018
stand said:
We sure this series is 23 minutes? felt like 5...
Totally. These episodes go by so fast. This show is leagues above the rest of this season's anime, imo.
Sep 14, 2019 5:09 PM

Nov 2016
The explosion effect was definetly funny af, and the fact that Mafuyu said the same things than Yuki made the last scene a lot more beautifull
Sep 15, 2019 12:47 AM

Dec 2018
21:03 Hear that ship horn? That's the sound of the SHIP SAILING, BOYS AND GIRLS. Even the background sounds in the show are rooting for Ritsuka and Mafuyu to become a couple. My brain cannot physically handle that cliffhanger *twitches and slowly hides in my closet to await next week's final episode*
Sep 15, 2019 6:42 AM

Dec 2016
Mafuyu's needness was so cute to resist! He's lucky to have Uenoyama by his side ;)

So there's one more episode left? it should have 12 episodes! X( I am not sure how this'll end but I'm looking forward to it.

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Sep 15, 2019 6:56 AM

Jul 2013
Well it was obvious but my hunch was right. They're really gonna end the anime with Uenoyama and Mafuyu telling everyone they're a couple. Only 1 episode left. This sucks.

chuuable said:
idk but i really dislike ugetsu’s character something about him doesn’t feel right to me nonetheless i really loved this ep!

He's pretty punchable even in the manga. Never liked him either and all the shitty drama that happens later in the manga is all because of this asshole.
Sep 15, 2019 8:48 AM
Sep 2017
Short_Circut said:

I mean, pretty much almost all the guys in this anime are gay. I have a feeling Take-chan is totally into our bassist. Mafuyu's 2 other childhood friends seem to have a thing for each other too. Are you talking about the basketball bros? I think they are the only male characters in this show that haven't shown any possibility of being gay.

Just to clarify I'm not complaining, I love this show. Just saying that most of the male characters definitely are gay.
Sep 15, 2019 8:53 AM

Jul 2017
Anoo-Domini said:
Short_Circut said:

no, they are gay but rather strait (well I don't really know what the definition of gay but in my viewpoint they are gay)

chipi1016 said:
Short_Circut said:

I mean, pretty much almost all the guys in this anime are gay. I have a feeling Take-chan is totally into our bassist. Mafuyu's 2 other childhood friends seem to have a thing for each other too. Are you talking about the basketball bros? I think they are the only male characters in this show that haven't shown any possibility of being gay.

Just to clarify I'm not complaining, I love this show. Just saying that most of the male characters definitely are gay.

I was talking about the girl in the beginning who saw the live concert (maybe those basketball dudes count as well)

but ye it was just a joke because yuri/yaoi series' for some reason everyone and their mother is gay lol
Sep 15, 2019 9:20 AM

Oct 2008
OH EM GEE! GAY! the confession of Mafuyu was nice!
4/5.

Sep 15, 2019 9:36 AM

Jul 2013
chipi1016 said:
Short_Circut said:

Take-chan is probably bisexual since he gets a girlfriend later. Mafuyu's childhood friends are totally gay.

Yeah, Uenoyama's friends are pretty much the only straight males.
Sep 15, 2019 9:56 AM

Dec 2014
last episode to go...I wasn't expecting a confession in the end though
Sep 15, 2019 10:11 AM
Sep 15, 2019 10:35 AM
Aug 2019
Ayyylmaomy said:
Is the next episode the last? :(
from what I hear, yes
Sep 15, 2019 11:05 PM
Nov 2018
no matter how foul his mouth gets I will always love our precious tsundere bass-playing kween Hiiragi
Sep 16, 2019 2:49 AM
May 2009
This episode was so adorable. I cant wait to see what theyre going to end with. (season 2 please come)

Also I had a quick question.. I get that their names are supposed to make up "The Seasons": AKIhiko (Autumn), HARUki (Spring) and Ritsuka having the kanji for summer (Natsu)
But MaFUYU?!!?!?! I thought it was going to perfectly fit the four seasons, since he has winter in his name. So why did they end up changing it ??

Stupid side note but just really confused.

Also please send shonen-ai recommendations T^T

Sep 16, 2019 4:20 AM

May 2017
HiImCatbug said:
This episode was so adorable. I cant wait to see what theyre going to end with. (season 2 please come)

Also I had a quick question.. I get that their names are supposed to make up "The Seasons": AKIhiko (Autumn), HARUki (Spring) and Ritsuka having the kanji for summer (Natsu)
But MaFUYU?!!?!?! I thought it was going to perfectly fit the four seasons, since he has winter in his name. So why did they end up changing it ??

Stupid side note but just really confused.

idk, i think they just want mafuyu to take part deciding on the name of the band too?:since he already part of it?

You should try to watch mo dao zu shi !! Its really good shounen ai/bl show.
Sep 16, 2019 6:07 AM

Nov 2018
Ah, they changed the "I love him, I kissed him" part. I was looking forward to it and yet. Oh well.
Hmm they didn't add the ear-flinching part when Uenoyama had his head placed on his desk even though they did it even better than the manga the last time something like that happened.
"oh God, this whole house smells like Mafuyu!" lmao this gay
That cheek-poking and Mafuyu's reaction.
Them all giving meat to Mafuyu for his honest answer
Oh my God Mafuyu outright said dead boyfriend in front of them. What a functional gay
Lmao they decided on Given fast, but I see. I expected them to show surprise that even with Mafuyu added, they stay true to their band's name but this works too. I guess.
Mafuyu confessed first, I can't stop grinning. Makes sense but I was wondering who will do it first.
They are so gay for each other, I love it.
Sep 17, 2019 2:35 PM

Nov 2016
Another really nice episode. The interactions between Satou and Uenoyama were so cute and the confession was the sweetest icing on the cake.

Looking forward to the finale.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 17, 2019 5:39 PM

Mar 2013
BitterBones said:
What a functional gay
This is all I aspire to be.

I'm really sad this series will end next episode. I'll probably pick up the manga.
90s J-rock was our aesthetic peak.
Sep 17, 2019 9:28 PM

Nov 2018
Yandere_Yuuya said:
BitterBones said:
What a functional gay
This is all I aspire to be.

I'm really sad this series will end next episode. I'll probably pick up the manga.

Good luck!
Yeah, its a really good one esp. for a boy's love/men's love. Ah, I am reading the manga alongside and so far, it has some omakes which aren't in the anime though it has been very faithful and elongated certain scenes too. There are a few minor differences here and there (the two details I noticed in this episode were the most so far I think and even then they were quite similar, just the manga ver. had more impact) so reading the manga is worth it too. I'd recommend it.
Sep 17, 2019 10:52 PM

Aug 2008
i'm the only one that doesn't recal hiiragi to be gay from manga o.0
cant he just be avery close friend and being relievied sato is ok to overflow in an end :))
dany_elle1908Sep 17, 2019 10:58 PM
The spider is watching
Sep 18, 2019 2:50 PM

Sep 2017
HiImCatbug said:

The movie Doukyuusei is pretty good !
Sep 21, 2019 9:25 AM

Jul 2019
The one who went for 1st base is now shy. Suuuure...

Though the ending was key, the comedy bits carrying this episode were were so good.
Sep 22, 2019 2:57 PM

Aug 2017
That explosion effect lol

I'm glad that Mafuyu finally confessed to Uenoyama.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 24, 2019 10:31 PM
Mar 2019
This awkward Uenoyama is kind of annoying. I should have dropped this immediately after ep 9. I don't like the direction this is heading into an upcoming movie and most likely a second season. This would have been better as a one season show.
Sep 25, 2019 2:20 AM

Jun 2013
Hiiragi the cute tsundere friend. Kinda feels like something’s going on between Mafuyu’s childhood bros lol.
Jun 1, 2020 11:29 PM

Mar 2013
lmao that confession

Mafuyu... I'm literally clapping
Jan 15, 2021 4:28 PM

Mar 2019
so tempted to go back to the song and watch it 100 times lol. we get an official confession this this ep too aaaah!!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» I'm a straight guy, can I watch it?

removed-user - Oct 29, 2023

36 by NekoCats »»
Mar 2, 8:27 PM

Poll: » Given Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Tubby - Jul 18, 2019

113 by Mak_and_Cheese »»
Feb 17, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Given Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Gardevoir101 - Sep 19, 2019

133 by Kildzoo25 »»
Feb 10, 2:09 AM

Poll: » Given Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Tubby - Jul 25, 2019

85 by gorkoo »»
Jan 23, 12:01 PM

Poll: » Given Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Gardevoir101 - Sep 5, 2019

249 by Craneface »»
Jan 9, 1:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.