Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 1 Discussion

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Post New Reply
Poll: Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 1 Discussion

Oct 4, 2019 8:18 AM

While another isekai still focused on MC guy featuring long list of cute girls, this one only consist of MC girl who thirst of book. Interesting, brave enough to take isekai on different experience.

So, what's on my expectation is, if this girl really trying to made a book, or even better, a letter and printing technique. Damn that must be great if really happen.

Oct 4, 2019 9:07 AM

I was waiting for this and it's exactly what I expected: Interesting and soft.

Oct 4, 2019 9:16 AM
Quite a bland start to the anime. The animation is not impressive at all, it's very stiff and limited. The backgrounds looked generic and lifeless. The characters are meh. The main character has a cute design and she isn't annoying but I wouldn't call her endearing either. There's nothing interesting for me to cling to. Maybe only to see the reactions to the books she's gonna write... And that isn't that engaging for me either.

I was bored throughout this episode. Didn't hate it but didn't like it either. A big meh. It's a drop from me.

Oct 4, 2019 9:28 AM

Kind of expected better but it's still only the first episode so we'll see.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。

Oct 4, 2019 9:53 AM

Show won't be popular with mal's isekai crowd because they are almost all selfinserts who love haremshit (or "serious" stories).

Oct 4, 2019 1:25 PM

Seems mediocre so far to me, first episode was meh

Oct 4, 2019 1:51 PM

Manga is good. I mean it's not boring, I'm still reading it, art is nice, especially the way how emotions are painted.

But anime... visuals are bad... facial expression's animation is cheap... seiyus are emotionless...

I dissapointed... sigh... "shouganai desu"... :(
#PrayForKyoAni

Oct 4, 2019 5:37 PM

Wow, the visuals and character designs were so bland, I had completely forgotten I've read this series until like half way through. Well hopefully it picks up the pace, the beginning was pretty boring.

Oct 4, 2019 9:15 PM

Hmmm, I'll admit that I did find the first episode a little boring but not unbearable. I really enjoy fantasy settings and this is a more unique take on the isekai genre compared to the other stuff that gets chosen to be animated these days, so it feels like it'd be a shame to drop it just yet.

I'll give it a few more episodes and hopefully it'll become a bit more fast paced, but if not I'll probably drop it.

𝓻𝓲𝓪𝓶𝓾 𝔂𝓾𝓶𝓮𝓶𝓲
haa, i'm super ill! on the outside, i might look crazy healthy, but the truth is i'm a late teenager with a heart of glass! filled with the desire to give up on school! that's me, riamu-chan!! if i become an idol, it'd be my chance to do that!? right!?

Oct 5, 2019 12:05 AM
I hope this anime can motivate me to read my books for no purpose or intentions

Oct 5, 2019 12:39 AM
I like the general story and atmosphere so far but they obviously have a tiny animation budget.

Oct 5, 2019 3:45 AM

Great first episode, not the same isekai anime that we can see, especially the main character Myne is a girl. Interesting concept, not that exciting but I hope it will be in the future episode.

Oct 5, 2019 4:57 AM

my mom actually persuade me to try to read books since i'm bad at grammar...i hope this show convinces me...
3/5.

Oct 5, 2019 10:23 AM

I wonder if this will be the boring/slow show of this season. It has an interesting plot but the pacing is really slow.

Oct 5, 2019 8:20 PM

The fact that the main character is not a overpowered bland male hero is the only "remarkable" thing because everything about this first episode was average at best.

Oct 5, 2019 10:12 PM

The premise seems interesting enough. Her characterization felt a little...off for some reason, but in the end I think she's fine. The narrative style was pretty stiff too, but it's probably just the awkward start to necessary world-building. Overall I felt the episode was lacking in some areas, but I'm interested to see more.

Oct 6, 2019 5:46 AM

Honestly this was pretty boring. If it's going to be an anime about Myne writing books...is that entertainment? I guess we'll see how the SOL aspect plays into it.
I made a list of my top 50 Females from the past decade (Winter 2010-Fall 2019) You can find it on my tumblr: NJOTAKU
Go on over and see who took the NUMBER 1 SPOT!

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 6, 2019 9:25 PM

Interesting start to use that scene they already teased us with as the opening scene with the High Priest sneaking a look at her mind. Very creepy that he spiked her drink to make her fall asleep and didn't tell her anything.

Her first dream was very suspicious. It sounds like "Myne" died from her fever and Urano's soul took her place. I wonder if they'll ever address this.

Finally we get an isekai that doesn't follow some bland MC with OP abilities trying to save the world from a Demon King

Oct 7, 2019 5:40 AM

The protag is little bit annoying. But the show is okay I guess.

Oct 7, 2019 8:48 AM
The anime of the loli of the books began. The voice of the protagonist seemed familiar, since it turns out that the seiyuu is the same as the voice of Index of "Toaru Majutsu no Index".
There is something that seems sad to me, and it is the fact that Uranus took Myne's body, it is as if Myne had died.

The tantrums she does are funny xD.

Oct 7, 2019 10:48 AM

Oh my god I love this series already. I came into this series solely for Iguchi Yuka and the story itself is so interesting I cant wait for more.

I LOVE Myne so much. Hearing Iguchi Yuka for an entire season is going to be such a treat especially since Symphogear just ended.

I cant wait to see what she makes of her book addiction. Ahhh she's so adorable and hilarious. Want next episode soon.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!

Oct 8, 2019 2:21 AM
Art's either yuck or 80s feel, muddy flat colors. First half was quite slow then picked up halfway.
Maine va is quite good, at least keeps it interesting from bland visuals, and seems both souls merged into one body or the old one died, mystery worth exploring.
They got 6+ storied buildings with mostly wood, architecturally advanced but lacking literature, might have interesting world building.

Oct 8, 2019 5:49 AM
Looks like pacing is different from manga/light novel version (which is understandable) but story folllows manga more than the LN. It took some time in other versions to reveal some things, let's see how pacing works out in the anime.
This is among my favorites now (as LN).

Oct 8, 2019 8:51 AM

Peoples complain about the pacing but it's super fast compared to the original material already.

Not complaining about the pacing since 4.5-5 episodes/volume is already above average for a novel adaptation, but just thought I would point that out.

Pacing is not slow, it's fast.
So if you thought it was painfully slow and hope it speed up, I'm afraid you should just watch another series, this one doesn't become faster. Now maybe what will happen later will interest you more and make the pace okay due to featuring things interesting to you, sure.
But the pace itself? Hmmmm.... Not going to get faster than that.

Oct 8, 2019 5:13 PM

"When you are a bookworm but Isekai'd into world without books....well theres books but only for nobles"

I am pretty surprised they showed the Head Priest first. I cannot imagine the robe from the novel but it looks really pretty here.
I feel for her though. I loved books as well. Maine/Myne is a very surprising female protagonist in a fantasy world. Finally we have a non standard Isekai anime. Sad its not going to be as popular though. The pace here is pretty slow even for an Isekai series so I have to take my sweet time until Maine got the books she really deserve

Oct 9, 2019 5:49 AM

Goukenslay said:
Not gonna lie, use to read this manga, but just stopped seeing how slow it progresses

That doesn't spell good for the anime then as its already a slow burn judging by the first episode.

Besides that, the art was quite bland. I've looked at some of the manga and LN art and it doesn't even compare.

Oct 9, 2019 7:27 PM
What a whiner Poor me What about real Myne

Oct 10, 2019 12:30 PM

What a breath of fresh air this anime has shown me. Thank you Isekai gods!!!
The Slice of Life theme that's so chil and relaxed is what I've been waiting for so long. The intrigue and tension of how will Myne solve her predicament is what kept me watching with a smile.
For those who fall under this category:
- Action junkies This ain't for you
- Ecchi enthusiast keep looking elsewhere
- Harem connusuir Not even close
- Fan service aficionado Disappointed 100%
But...
- Men of culture The MC is a loli; that's all you get
Modified by Janethan23, Oct 10, 2019 12:35 PM
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.

Oct 10, 2019 5:36 PM
elk sensei

Not sure if this has been mentioned in the thread or not, but did Main (the original Main, not the MC) die at the same time as the MC, allowing her to take over Main's body and access her memories?

Oct 10, 2019 10:21 PM

elkensteyin said:
Not sure if this has been mentioned in the thread or not, but did Main (the original Main, not the MC) die at the same time as the MC, allowing her to take over Main's body and access her memories?

You can hear the original Myne "giving up" on life in the dark part after Motoso Urano dies.

Oct 11, 2019 12:22 AM

I am usually not a big fan of isekai's, but how I loved this first episode! So bookworm Motosu was hit by a huge pile of books and came back as Main. She's a kid now, but she still loves to read books. But... in this new world books are expensive and rare. Main seems to be a clever girl and she is persistent too. I get Kemono no Souja Erin vibes already. Can't wait for the next episode! :)

Oct 11, 2019 7:46 AM
elk sensei

Zefyris said:
elkensteyin said:

You can hear the original Myne "giving up" on life in the dark part after Motoso Urano dies.

Yeah, I rewatched the first episode and heard that - kind of sad, but it did allow Motosu to take over

Oct 12, 2019 5:36 PM

Man such negative comments. This is an SOL guys. Animation and fast pacing is not what this is about.

I have a feeling the episode comments will a lot more pleasant when the ADD action junkies fuck off in a few episodes.

It's like all the 14 yr olds heard it was an isekai and are confused why there's been no fight scene yet.

Anyway, I loved this. Pure comfy and my favourite show out of everything I'm watching weekly so far. Iguchi Yuka's voice is so nice and works perfectly for a smart loli with an interesting personality. And plenty of oppourtunity to enjoy both the voice and the character through the heavy use of internal monologue.

8/10 first ep.
Lastest Blog Post: Kneejerk Review: Beastars

Watching: Symphogear GX, No Guns Life
Weeklies: Koisuru Asteroid, Murenase, BOFURI, Nekopara, Hatena Illusion
Recently Finished: Rec (8), Symphogear (9), Heavens Feel II (10), Houkago Saikoro Club (7), Symphogear G (9), Choyoyu (5), Gekihatsu Boy (5), Honzuki (9), Strawberry Panic (9), Beastars (8)

Sig Girl: Tsubasa Kazanari (Symphogear)

Oct 12, 2019 10:35 PM
"I died"

"I'm never gonna see my mom again"

"Oh well! Hey who's got something to read?"

The fact that the MC issekai'd into a dying little girl and then replaced her creeps me out.

Oct 16, 2019 11:05 AM
So my impression of most of this episode was very high, and am looking forward to the rest of the anime. However, having read the LNs, I was basically seething during that first scene that lasted 30 seconds. I was just dumbfounded by its existence. It adds literally nothing to the show, and simultaneously manages to blunt the impact and spoil so many different plot points and themes at once I was just astounded. I seriously think anyone who watched those 30 seconds will enjoy the later episodes far less than anyone who didn't. Why was this added? What was the point?

Oct 17, 2019 2:42 AM
I like this episode 🥺🥺❤️❤️
And Mayne made me so sad because she couldn't find some books to read 💔😂
Very cute little girl 🥺🌸

Oct 18, 2019 3:50 PM

The anime title is too long ^^”
Other than that,
Interesting first episode
I like the idea of a girl who’s passionate about books

Oct 21, 2019 4:40 AM

Nothing special really, but seems to be one of the few shows this season with integrity and the original made waves so I'm on with it.

Oct 28, 2019 8:29 PM

a very good start. an anime that feels different from other isekai indeed.
glad to see that :)

Nov 3, 2019 5:23 PM
Cuteness from the opening through the episode to the ending finishing with the card.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin

Nov 12, 2019 7:44 PM

What a charming little show...for some reason it reminds of something like Petite Princess Yucie. :)

Nov 29, 2019 5:08 AM
Not impressed by the first episode, especially the main MC. She is supposed to be a 20+ year old girl in a 5 year old girl's body but aside from her obsession of books, nothing seems adult-like, even if she was a NEET or socially awkward person that would be pretty uncharacteristic of her.
I liked the world building bits,essentially half of the episode but my issue here is the engineering. Five-storyed buildings(entire living section of the town) and no proper toilets, just think without proper disposal of faeces in a region without trees and only living section where does the shit go? It's a nit-picky detail but even the mc acknowledges the inspiration of the world from 1800s Europe so a crucial detail like such would be life-threatning to the entire civilization of the region.

Disappointed. 2/5
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Nov 29, 2019 6:16 AM

Uneessh said:
Not impressed by the first episode, especially the main MC. She is supposed to be a 20+ year old girl in a 5 year old girl's body but aside from her obsession of books, nothing seems adult-like, even if she was a NEET or socially awkward person that would be pretty uncharacteristic of her.
I liked the world building bits,essentially half of the episode but my issue here is the engineering. Five-storyed buildings(entire living section of the town) and no proper toilets, just think without proper disposal of faeces in a region without trees and only living section where does the shit go? It's a nit-picky detail but even the mc acknowledges the inspiration of the world from 1800s Europe so a crucial detail like such would be life-threatning to the entire civilization of the region.

Disappointed. 2/5

The whole way that town works and was built becomes addressed way later during arc 3. So it's not that it's logical. It's just that this shows choose to take the path of having the reader learn together with Maine about this world, which means that what seems surprising or weird may be explained way later when she access to explanations.

Dec 2, 2019 8:22 AM

well I kinda dropped it first and then binged watched it for 9 episodes

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]