Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 1 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 12, 2019 8:04 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
About 20 minutes in length for the preair/BD-DVD bundled episode. There's also some comedic scenes of Maine inserted in during parts of the episode in a more cartoony manner.

The episode begins with Maine and an introduction of her life. There's a somewhat joke of her being short. We also meet Turi from the first episode and in general, it's a rather slice of life-ish episode. Eva also shows up too and she seems to have a good relationship with her. Not bad for a start, hoping we'll get the theme songs soon.
Stark700Oct 1, 2019 12:55 AM
Oct 2, 2019 10:05 AM

Apr 2016
Wait, so there is no bland looking retarded male main character, no harem of smoking hot chicks who wants to suck his cock .. can we even call this an isekai ? Can we ?

So she's from our world but at the same time has memories of the fantasy world or something like that i see. Also thats one serious obsession with books.
Oct 2, 2019 10:13 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That was a wholesome start, i'd say i liked this the most so far out of all airings today.

I like her thoughts being on display constantly.

Also chill vibes all around, music pretty up there and her new family seems wholesome as well.

I wonder what themes they will work with here besides making books.
Oct 2, 2019 10:29 AM

Nov 2016
Nice that we have a slower paced slice of life isekai among all those self-aware comedies on crack.

It's pretty cute and I dig the laid back atmosphere. Also like the opening and ending a lot, especially the opening.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 2, 2019 10:32 AM

Aug 2013
This is one of the few shows I've been looking forward to watching and so far it is a great start.

Maine really does love books and it is a shame she couldn't get any books in this episode.

Oct 2, 2019 10:34 AM
Feb 2018
Already theTHIRD new Isekai of the day. What is going on?!
Oct 2, 2019 10:47 AM
Aug 2018
Smudy said:
That was a wholesome start, i'd say i liked this the most so far out of all airings today.

I like her thoughts being on display constantly.

Also chill vibes all around, music pretty up there and her new family seems wholesome as well.

I wonder what themes they will work with here besides making books.

exept for thare part with him druging her with magic
Oct 2, 2019 10:54 AM
Sep 2015
I hope it's gonna be more educational than 'I love book' playing repeatedly.
Also the town architecture is quite strange even compare to Izekai standard.
Oct 2, 2019 10:54 AM

Oct 2017
Wow, this girl is adorable.
Very good first episode.

I liked how they made the flashback as part of the story itself, lol.

P.S. Maine (as you guys call her till now) or Myne (as is in my subs) - which one is "official" ?
Oct 2, 2019 10:56 AM
Sep 2018
📚😩👌 this was very interesting once the beginning got out of the way
Oct 2, 2019 10:58 AM

Dec 2016
Cute anime! How sad it is for a bookworm for not having a book in another world :( it's understandable. Hopping Myne can make a difference in this world in future episodes with her love for books :)

Nice episode! So there's a definite number of episodes already? That was fast! :O

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Oct 2, 2019 10:58 AM
Oct 2017
Oh god, more isekai...
Oct 2, 2019 11:00 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Okay, that was a cute episode, I think i'm going to like this anime.
The story looks nice but I didn't understand very well where this girl comes from ? This is an isekai I guess but I'm not sure.
Otherwise the MC looks adorable, this girl sure loves books haha.
Art and chara design are cool too.
Oct 2, 2019 11:02 AM

Feb 2005
Lookman373890 said:
Also, what happened with the original girl, did her entire personality get overwritten when the MC reincarnated into her? Or did they get swapped around so the little girl dies in her stead? Sounds pretty dark.
Bigthink.jpg
Oct 2, 2019 11:04 AM
Aug 2018
Baman said:
Lookman373890 said:
Also, what happened with the original girl, did her entire personality get overwritten when the MC reincarnated into her? Or did they get swapped around so the little girl dies in her stead? Sounds pretty dark.
Bigthink.jpg

i think the orginal died and was quickly replaced so the body never died

What that priest did to her at the beginning was literally "mindf**k"..
Consent?? No
Pedophile??maybe
Rape?? Definitely
Oct 2, 2019 11:04 AM

Sep 2017
Pretty decent but I was expecting more. The manga seems to have better pacing. Visually Ajia-Do could have done better as they did with Isekai Maou, but they probably don't have the same budget for this unlike the latter which was bound to sell because of fanservice. The most uncomfortable thing is the perspective. The physical size of the heroine keeps changing with respect to the background. Sometime the door looks much larger than her, sometime it looks she could've easily reached the knob.

All my problems have only to do with the adaptation. As a manga reader I know the story is gonna be nice but how it is delivered also matters.
Oct 2, 2019 11:21 AM

Feb 2016
FINALLY, an Isekai anime that is not about an OP Main Character with the personality trait of a potato or an underdog that gets betrayed, addressing the issues of the BIG GAP in technology when reincarnating in another world.

Oh boy, I'm in, looks really cute and probably informative. This might be one of the best Isekai since Isekai Shokudou.

ghtyujkkpkohkjb said:

There's 5 this season as far as I know (Counting them at the seasonal charts)

But this one seems different (thankfully)
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Oct 2, 2019 11:23 AM
Jan 2018
HereticHunter said:
FINALLY, an Isekai anime that is not about an OP Main Character with the personality trait of a potato or an underdog that gets betrayed, addressing the issues of the BIG GAP in technology when reincarnating in another world.

Oh boy, I'm in, looks really cute and probably informative. This might be one of the best Isekai since Isekai Shokudou.

ghtyujkkpkohkjb said:

Which where the other two today ?
Oct 2, 2019 11:24 AM

Feb 2016
Mattinator95 said:
HereticHunter said:

The other one I have identified is the one that goes by the name "The hero is overpowered but overly cautious" I didn't learn the names, since, as you can see, they are exceedingly long lmao. I haven't seen that one tho.
~Blackwall
Oct 2, 2019 11:27 AM
May 2016
Cute show love the ED, need a few more world building episodes to get a better feel for it.
Oct 2, 2019 11:35 AM
Jan 2018
HereticHunter said:
Mattinator95 said:

The other one I have identified is the one that goes by the name "The hero is overpowered but overly cautious" I didn't learn the names, since, as you can see, they are exceedingly long lmao. I haven't seen that one tho.

I think the other one is the wrester one that is done by konsouba Author
Oct 2, 2019 11:38 AM

Jul 2015
I really like this trope of "MC being transported to different world and with his/her knowledge advances technology".

Also, poor girl already suffering from withdrawal symptome.

Oct 2, 2019 11:41 AM

May 2014
To be completely honest, I was expecting better quality out of it. The characters are looking a bit strange, and not in a good way. The soundtrack was pretty unimpressive too, and I guess I was imagining completely different voices when I was reading the manga, so they all felt out of place.

I really feel bad for being so heavy handed with the critics, and it's not like any of that will stop me from watching it to the end, it's just that I have been following the manga for a while and liking it quite a lot, so I may have ended up with higher expectations than I should, for the anime debut. Well, let's just wait and see how it develops.
Oct 2, 2019 11:41 AM

Feb 2016
Mattinator95 said:
HereticHunter said:

Ah yes, the wrestler one, I haven't since this one yet, depending on what I hear I might give it a try.
~Blackwall
Oct 2, 2019 11:42 AM

Sep 2017
3rd isekai started today, 3rd pleasant surprise

This one is quite different however, I think it's gonna be interesting
Oct 2, 2019 11:44 AM

May 2014
Mattinator95 said:

You must be referring to that "Hataage! Kemono Michi", but the other dude is referring to "Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru"
Oct 2, 2019 11:48 AM

Dec 2018
Decent episode, really the staff is nothing amazing, but the point most important is the premise, because finally after so many recalcitrant isekai's, we have a story where the protagonist is not another Kirito nor does he possess cheat skills or powers, instead we have a poor girl who is totally weak nothing special except her knowledge of the modern world is even weaker than Subaru!

But because of the production is average probably will be ignored by sakufags and ANN reviewers (I'm seeing you Nick), for so many years complaining for cliches,that the isekai's are garbage that recycle the same. when finally a isekai is a Really different (not like shieldhero that thing is a scam) they don't say anything.
Fede_5000Oct 2, 2019 11:54 AM
Oct 2, 2019 12:19 PM

Jul 2019
Very laid-back show with a likeable MC. I think I will give this one a shot.

btw interesting way of doing the isekai transfer. But what happened to the original Myne?
Oct 2, 2019 12:20 PM
Jan 2018
Ishikami said:
Mattinator95 said:

You must be referring to that "Hataage! Kemono Michi", but the other dude is referring to "Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru"
Ishikami said:
Mattinator95 said:

I know I originally asked what the other two was and he said that he only identified the cautious one as one of the other two Isekai today so I went and looked for the other one which was the wrestler one
Oct 2, 2019 12:45 PM

Nov 2008
RainyShadow said:
Wow, this girl is adorable.
Very good first episode.

I liked how they made the flashback as part of the story itself, lol.

P.S. Maine (as you guys call her till now) or Myne (as is in my subs) - which one is "official" ?

Qouf (LN translator) discussed that with the author: Kazuki Miya, and they ended up on Myne, Blastron (WN translator) is the one who used Maine.
Oct 2, 2019 12:51 PM

May 2014
Fede_5000 said:
finally after so many recalcitrant isekai's, we have a story where the protagonist is not another Kirito nor does he possess cheat skills or powers.

IKR? I've been following this series's manga for a while and I was so looking forward to seeing the anime... It's a shame it won't get the quality it deserves.

OhChrisis said:
Qouf (LN translator) discussed that with the author: Kazuki Miya, and they ended up on Myne, Blastron (WN translator) is the one who used Maine.

I can see people mispronouncing Maine, but not Myne, so in my head the answer should be obvious.
Oct 2, 2019 12:54 PM

Oct 2018
Not gonna lie, this is actually really good, definitely an interesting anime

I'll continue to watch this for sure

I like slower paced, slice of lifes like this
Although I can tell only a very few people will watch this
-Aincrad-Oct 2, 2019 12:58 PM
Oct 2, 2019 12:57 PM

Jul 2019
Another 異世界, but instead of a hero it's a girl who loves to read books. Unfortunately the only books that exist in this world are extremely expensive due to printing not existing, so she decides she needs to write her own books. Speaking of this world, it doesn't seem particularly fantasy-like. Everything is pretty normal as far as I can tell. It just looks like she went back in time more than anything. The show itself moves really slowly, especially for a first episode. Shouldn't they be trying to pull us into the story a little bit more? Also it doesn't help that there are so many still shots with minimal animation. As of right now this show is just a little boring, but it could grow on me and become a decent slice-of-life. Definitely not your typical 異世界.
Oct 2, 2019 12:59 PM

Oct 2010
That was a lot better than the trailers implied. Yuka Iguchi doing amazing as usual. Fumiko Orikasa, Megumi Nakajima....they got some awesome cast in this anime! Really looking forward to more. Fantastic opening and ending themes too
Oct 2, 2019 1:10 PM

Oct 2017
Tbh her obsession over book is pretty annoying and also I wonder why she was reincarnated into a young girl and not just reborn. Also what happened to the actual girl. Well I guess I'll find out as the series progresses.
Oct 2, 2019 1:48 PM

Mar 2010
First thing she thinks of after dieing is books. True to the name of the anime
Oct 2, 2019 2:42 PM

Dec 2017
Excuse me, but can SOMEONE pease explain, what book did she read to say "like Medieval European town straight out of all those photobooks" when there are WOODEN 5 STORED BUILDINGS? I know it is an isekai, I know this is a world with magic, but man, first she has no idea what isekai is while being a bookworm (if she didnt read Alice in Wonderland or something similar she is not qualified to be one), and after she sees some completely insane architecture and say JUST LIKE IN EUROPE. Like for real?
Oct 2, 2019 2:52 PM
Jul 2018
Man, I love everyone praising this out of the gate, now here comes some hypocrisy. I thought this was sleepy and a bit boring. Gonna waste a whole episode, THE FIRST EPISODE, the hook.... on that?

"AT LEAST IT ISNT A CLICHE ISEKAI"

But damn its pretty boring isnt it? So far, this is a slice of life about being poor in a fantasy setting. Now I am fairly sure this will turn into a triumphant fable and I will learn to love it, but first impression was rough. At least make it a tiny bit funny or charming, anything.

Recap: I'm here, im reincarnated, k lemme nerd out, no nerd out. FIN. Also the flash back introduction is a waste, there is no point in it. AHA EVERYTHING HAS WORKED OUT, now lets talk about things before they worked out. Watch this sad movie about a dog but lets open with saying the dog is now dead, dramatic effect, wasted. The sins are many but at least that soundtrack was awesome. Lets hope this show gets some kind of personality next week.
Oct 2, 2019 3:07 PM
Jul 2018
slavemaster_1991 said:
Excuse me, but can SOMEONE pease explain, what book did she read to say "like Medieval European town straight out of all those photobooks" when there are WOODEN 5 STORED BUILDINGS? I know it is an isekai, I know this is a world with magic, but man, first she has no idea what isekai is while being a bookworm (if she didnt read Alice in Wonderland or something similar she is not qualified to be one), and after she sees some completely insane architecture and say JUST LIKE IN EUROPE. Like for real?

5 stories is actually the tallest i've seen in historic paintings without it being some kind of epic tower or cathedral. A lot of stone structures would end up being connected by wooden terraces that eventually just got walled in and became independent facilities themselves. Things also to consider that in the western area, they weren't known for incredibly tall ceilings in living space structures. Average height of a person being around 5 foot 5-7 inches, no need. Were they similar to this anime, who knows, but don't go thinking the world was all huts and hay bells even in the middle ages. A lot of epic castles, temples, even mountain side etched palaces were all fabricated during or predating that period.
Oct 2, 2019 3:33 PM

Feb 2013
Swagernator said:
Wait, so there is no bland looking retarded male main character, no harem of smoking hot chicks who wants to suck his cock .. can we even call this an isekai ? Can we ?

So she's from our world but at the same time has memories of the fantasy world or something like that i see. Also thats one serious obsession with books.

Fede_5000 said:
Decent episode, really the staff is nothing amazing, but the point most important is the premise, because finally after so many recalcitrant isekai's, we have a story where the protagonist is not another Kirito nor does he possess cheat skills or powers, instead we have a poor girl who is totally weak nothing special except her knowledge of the modern world is even weaker than Subaru!

But because of the production is average probably will be ignored by sakufags and ANN reviewers (I'm seeing you Nick), for so many years complaining for cliches,that the isekai's are garbage that recycle the same. when finally a isekai is a Really different (not like shieldhero that thing is a scam) they don't say anything.

Ishikami said:
To be completely honest, I was expecting better quality out of it. The characters are looking a bit strange, and not in a good way. The soundtrack was pretty unimpressive too, and I guess I was imagining completely different voices when I was reading the manga, so they all felt out of place.

I really feel bad for being so heavy handed with the critics, and it's not like any of that will stop me from watching it to the end, it's just that I have been following the manga for a while and liking it quite a lot, so I may have ended up with higher expectations than I should, for the anime debut. Well, let's just wait and see how it develops.

.... Yes. But you're obviously an anime only so you have no idea that thousands of Isekai LN with female MC exists on the market (and it's bizarre that manga readers also have this thinking when many of the LN have manga adaptations, like bookworm). If only you all did a basic search on what is available out there, those arguments would be much better made without passing out misinformation, as not only there's female MC on female Light Novel Imprints but Female MC on Male Light Novel Imprints as well, with a sizeable quantity and a good amount of those are some of my favorites (which is why I'm a shill for them)
Oct 2, 2019 3:43 PM

Feb 2019
solid 3/5, not sure why the high priest was there already? but I think this and abilities average will be hella underrated this season
Oct 2, 2019 3:59 PM

Dec 2010
Not gonna lie, use to read this manga, but just stopped seeing how slow it progresses
Oct 2, 2019 4:18 PM

Aug 2018
The cartoony sequences, skipping the dialogue dilemma's and not even animating the face of inmense DISGUST of the salesman...

Yeah i hate it.
I never lie on the internet. What's the point of it...
the chinese noodles ad is an anime and avatar isn't!
triggered

Check out my taste and my profile.
Oct 2, 2019 4:53 PM
Aug 2017
This is definitely my anime of the season, loved the manga, I have some gripes with the adaptation, feels like the pacing at some points was a bit too much.
Don't like the flash forward at the beginning, as a big source of conflict later on will have it's tension reduced I feel.
Animation was so so, there was some pretty good animation of character acting and expressions but at other points it looked a bit hastily drawn (you know, gotta give the shitty generic isekais the budget, not the one that ranked first place in a poll on light novels two years in a row)
Honsetly I think the biggest problem with the art is the palette, I feel like the hue or saturation is off which makes characters feel out of place in the background also the hair colors are kinda neon colored almost.
Those are just my gripes though as someone who really likes it, I can tell you most of the gripes expressed in this thread will be resolved, the scope of the story will expand while remaining modest (no OP MCs here) it will also explore some of the darker implications of things.
Oct 2, 2019 5:02 PM

May 2014
caio_brb said:
.... Yes. But you're obviously an anime only so you have no idea that thousands of Isekai LN with female MC exists on the market (and it's bizarre that manga readers also have this thinking when many of the LN have manga adaptations, like bookworm). If only you all did a basic search on what is available out there, those arguments would be much better made without passing out misinformation, as not only there's female MC on female Light Novel Imprints but Female MC on Male Light Novel Imprints as well, with a sizeable quantity and a good amount of those are some of my favorites (which is why I'm a shill for them)

I will admit I don't have much knowledge on what Light Novels are out there, I think I've only started about 4 or 5, but my comment was hardly about that. I do like the story, mind you, it's one of my favorite mangas, I was complaining about the quality of the art and of the animation in the anime.
Oct 2, 2019 5:06 PM
Sep 2016
Its far from masterpiece, but it was good enough for now... maybe the animation or the art it will become better in the future episode
btw, yuka iguchi voice just like Index again

for now, let me warn you guys who don't read LN, WN, or manga version
Myne is the official translation name (from j-novel)
Myne's love of books is not normal, its more like an addicted or even possessed...
also, Myne is just a bookworm, not a smart people... so there will be a lot of trial and error (including misknowledge) for her to reach her objective/wish (ofc it was books) in the story...
Oct 2, 2019 6:03 PM

Feb 2013
Ishikami said:
caio_brb said:

I will admit I don't have much knowledge on what Light Novels are out there, I think I've only started about 4 or 5, but my comment was hardly about that. I do like the story, mind you, it's one of my favorite mangas, I was complaining about the quality of the art and of the animation in the anime.

I can recommend to you if you want :P
Oct 2, 2019 6:21 PM

May 2016
Cute light-hearted story so far, in fact I think I like this more than If it's for My Daughter, I'd even Defeat a Demon Lord last season. Being a book lover myself and having worked in libraries, I can definitely relate to Myne. Being unable to read books is the worst feeling ever if you love literature so much. It's for this reason I prefer to buy the physical book itself and not on Kindle because electronic devices can break or suddenly expire anytime, whereas books will last a lifetime. Provided of course you take good care of them and not let them get burned in a bonfire.
"You talk too much. Think too much."
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"If you're not going to be nice to me, don't expect me to be nice to you."
"I'm a soldier, not a superhero. Don't ever think of me as one."
"The world doesn't revolve around you. Get that through your thick skull."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
"You want something go get it. Period."
Oct 2, 2019 7:20 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
As someone who read some of the manga a few months beforehand, there were a few things that stuck out to me, like I don't recognize the guy at the beginning (he probably comes in later?) and those chibi moments during some of Maine's thoughts were definitely something new. Didn't distract me though.

Can't say production values or the art style of the characters were noteworthy, but I like the guitar-based soundtracks and I adore the aesthetic with flowers and the ED. Seems to adapt the story pretty faithfully from what I know.
I don't think this will be the AOTS like Machikado Mazoku was for me last season, but this does seem like a nice watch :)
Oct 2, 2019 7:30 PM

Mar 2014
The story in the beginning is really interesting until magical shit gets involved.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Anime or manga

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 26

6 by Phoenix35 »»
Mar 29, 3:25 PM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2019

74 by Paczek-12 »»
Feb 21, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2019

106 by Paczek-12 »»
Feb 20, 12:48 PM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2019

188 by Kvistis »»
Feb 14, 11:52 AM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2019

98 by kal_dev »»
Feb 2, 9:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.