Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Best Monogatari Girl And What Makes Her The Best To You? [spoilers for the entire franchise]

Monogatari Series: First Season
Available on Manga Store
New
Sep 12, 2019 5:17 AM

Jun 2019
No, I'm not adding Deishuu here because he's just a meme just like Speedwagon, lol

Hanekawa has been my favorite female character since I started the series (I watched the serie in the timeline order by the way) and has become one of my favorite characters in general. She's probably the most underrated monogatari girl which is such a shame, to be honest. She's so hot and her design is objectively better than anyone in the serie and i really like her voice actress. I also like the kind of girls with glasses. The perfect waifu, basically

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
anime-primeJun 21, 2020 10:10 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 12, 2019 5:21 AM

Jan 2010
How could a character's hotness and design is something objective. It's clearly one of the things that is based on each person's preferences XD

Also, you better to make thread in Monogatari series discussion but the mods will move it anyway.
Sep 12, 2019 5:22 AM

May 2014
The only part of the Monogatari series i really like is Kizumonogatari, so Kiss-Shot/Shinobu wins for me. I like her personality and character design a lot. The outfit she wears in her child form is especially adorable.
FancyjasperSep 12, 2019 5:27 AM
Sep 12, 2019 5:27 AM

Jun 2019
Shicchi said:
How could a character's hotness and design is something objective. It's clearly one of the things that is based on each person's preferences XD

Also, you better to make thread in Monogatari series discussion but the mods will move it anyway.
I would explain but I don't think a Mongoloid like you will understand it anyway.

No it won't since the thread is obviously meant for the overall monogatari series than only one entry of it.
Sep 12, 2019 5:28 AM

Jul 2019
I really like Shinobu Oshino and her relationship with Araragi. Her voice actress is great too. I just love her voice!
Life is a despicable endurance race
Sep 12, 2019 5:31 AM

Sep 2018
My favorite is actually Hachikuji Mayoi. I know this isn't really a common pick with the likes of Shinobu and Hitagi, but I love every interaction between her and Koyomi.

Not just that, but also
Blanks.
Sep 12, 2019 5:35 AM

Jan 2010
Tista said:
Shicchi said:

I would explain but I don't think a Mongoloid like you will understand it anyway.

No it won't since the thread is obviously meant for the overall monogatari series than only one entry of it.

Alrighty, suit yourself and enjoy your time, lol. I don't need any explanation because it's already obvious.

Anyway, I'd just vote randomly because I only watched the first season.

/I voted Shinobu because she looks badass and hot and mature. I'm talking about her adult form obv lol.
Sep 12, 2019 5:37 AM
Jul 2018
Kaiki Deishu.
Hitagi Senjougahara. She may be a C-word and use verbal abuse to hide up her insecurities but that's what makes her an interesting character. Also Chiwa Saito and dat Zettai Ryouiki.
Sep 12, 2019 5:41 AM

Oct 2017
Tista said:
No, I'm not adding Deishuu here because he's just a meme just like Speedwagon, lol

I love you for this. Can't stand those memes.

Tista said:
Hanekawa has been my favorite female character since I started the series (I watched the serie in the timeline order by the way) and has become one of my favorite characters in general. She's probably the most underrated monogatari girl which is such a shame, to be honest. She's so hot and her design is objectively better than anyone in the serie and i really like her voice actress. I also like the kind of girls with glasses.

This, however... just everything is wrong.

1. You shouldn't have watched in timeline order. How on Earth did you come to that decision?
2. Hanekawa is not underrated. She's probably the third most popular behind Shinobu and Senjou, which is where she belongs.
3. Hot? Subjective. Hairstyle is meh. Boobs are too big.
4. Her design is dull. She's literally meant to be generic big-boob anime girl and that's exactly what she looks like.
4. Glasses... yuck. (I wear glasses irl so I can talk shit about glasses, they look awful on girls)

Shinobu is best Monogatari girl overall. Though, in terms of pure waifu-ability, I'd go with Tsukihi. But Shinobu has the more compelling backstory, relationship with Koyomi, and she is a cute, sexy, vampire loli which makes for a more interesting and distincitve asthetic.
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aggregate scoring is bad for the anime fandom
Sep 12, 2019 5:48 AM
Twincool~

Oct 2018
My favorite is Shinobu because she is adorable as hell with her donut obsession and I love everything she says. Also her laugh is addicting to listen to. I don't know why.
Sep 12, 2019 5:49 AM

Feb 2019
I will go with hanekawa. She's basically a yamato nadeshiko.
If we are talking about interactions with koyomi then my pick would be hachikuji, her stuttering is gold.
Sep 12, 2019 6:18 AM
Apr 2017
Don't ask these questions, I can't decide between Hachikuji and Tsubasa. I just can't.
"The problem with defining even an aspect of your personality by something that you like, is that criticism of that product appears to you to be criticism of you personally. I find it to be a very harmful attitude, [...] you can't rationally discuss a product because you've started to define yourself by its very existence."

John Bain
Sep 12, 2019 6:20 AM

Aug 2017
Ougi for me, I just love her. Then Senjougahara and Karen.
Sep 12, 2019 6:26 AM
Feb 2017
Shinobu because 1. She's a cute loli and 2. I haven't seen the show yet.
Sep 12, 2019 6:26 AM

Nov 2011
I am not lolicon but my favorite is Mayoi, she always bring a smile to me in every her scenes

But I am sure the winner is between Senjougahara or Kiss-shot, actually for question like this you can see the number of favorites in character section.
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Sep 12, 2019 6:59 AM

Oct 2010
I find hanekawa boring but I like Black Hanekawa, those cat ears, the lingerie, the tail, the way she says nya, she's great.
Sep 12, 2019 7:12 AM

Jul 2016
Mine's a tie between Hanekawa and Kanbaru too. I think Hanekawa's story is the most interesting and emotionally resonant out of all of them, and I love characters who can just dish out cool advice and sound smart, but I love Kanbaru's story as well, and she's way more fun to watch interact with the other characters. Hanekawa definitely gets points for sexiness though, especially after her makeover.
Sep 12, 2019 7:35 AM
Jul 2018
>tfw Rouka is so obscure in terms of popularity that she's not on the list

y'all suck
Sep 12, 2019 7:41 AM

Dec 2018
Nobody voted for her yet, including me, but I'm glad Mamaragi was on the list, even she's only had like minute of screentime

Hitagi is my fave since she's so we'll written and realized, bit Yotsugi is a close second.

Eh what am I saying, they're all great
Sep 12, 2019 7:47 AM

Feb 2019
Anyone that doesn't say Mayoi has no taste soul, specially if it's to choose Senjougahara instead. If it's to choose either Shinobu or Hanekawa, it's fair.
Sep 12, 2019 8:17 AM

Jan 2019
Hitagi because she has great presence and is entertaining as hell

Tsubasa and Suruga are also great
Sep 12, 2019 8:56 AM

Jul 2013
I honestly like all the girls of Monogatari (even Nadeko), and I believe each one have their own charm and strong points, but if I have to pick one, it would be Karen for me. She may not be the most complex character of the series and doesn't has much screentime as Shinobu or Hanekawa, but I really like her. She's funny, sporty, cares for her family, is adorably stubborn, has a great figure (probably the hottest one in my opinion, rivaling Kanbaru and Hanekawa), great teeth and among the whole harem, brocon tendencies aside, she's probably the least psychotic and least mentally troubled of them along with Hachikuji and Ononoki.
So, yeah, Bee Sister is my pick.
Sep 12, 2019 9:25 AM

Sep 2016
S: Ougi Oshino
A: Shinobu Oshino, Hitagi Senjougahara, Mayoi Hachikuji, Suruga Kanbaru, Karen Araragi
B: Yotsugi Ononoki, Nadeko Sengoku, Tsukihi Araragi, Tsubasa Hanekawa
C: Izuko Gaen, Yozuru Kagenui
D: Mamaragi

It could change later, but that's how it feels for me right now. Ougi is more interesting than the others and Tsubasa isn't as interesting or likeable as the other main girls. The poll is missing Sodachi and Rouka, but not Mamaragi who barely has any screen time and is basically irrelevant. That makes perfect sense /s. I would put Sodachi and Rouka in B tier, above Tsubasa.

Ougi is technically not a girl though, they only appear as one usually.
Apoc_RevolutionSep 12, 2019 9:33 AM

Sep 12, 2019 2:39 PM

Oct 2008
Mayoi Hachikuji (GROWN-UP VERSION), just explaining my vote.
Sep 12, 2019 2:44 PM

Apr 2015
I would consider Senjougahara as the best, while I consider Kanbaru as my favorite. Senjougahara is the more intriguing character but Kanbaru is the one I'd want to hang out with the most. She's a fellow lover of basketball and ecchi!
Sep 12, 2019 2:48 PM

Mar 2015
>calling Kaiki a meme

Nadeko is my favorite because she's the most interesting character wise imo. I also really love her design in god mode. Kanbaru is a close because she's super fun and I love her personality. Kinda reminds me of myself lollol
Sep 13, 2019 9:57 AM

Sep 2018
It would and should be Kaiki but since he isnt listed i would say Hitagi.

Pretty hard to decide tho, but what makes her the best...uh.

Probably her relationship to Araragi and how it develops and how she dealt with her trauma.
Sep 13, 2019 10:06 AM

Oct 2018
Hitagi because her personality is simply astonishing and she's cute and hot at the same time. Oh, and also because I have a thing for tsunderes. Period.
Sep 13, 2019 10:13 AM
Shattered Angel

Mar 2015
My vote goes to Ononoki. I just think she's cute and I like her personality, or lack thereof. lol.

For 2nd place, gonna be Kanbaru because she's a funny girl.

Though I don't mind any of the girls in the series. I like them all except Senjougahara. I hate Senjougahara.
Sep 13, 2019 10:47 AM
~Watching Anime

Oct 2018
I love them all, it's always sad to commit.

If I said Ougi was my favourite, would you believe it?

My fondest pairing is Shinobu/Koyomi, for the record.
Have suspicions, not faith.
Sep 13, 2019 10:56 AM
Jul 2018
I actually dropped the series because I didn't like any of them, they all talk too much.
Sep 13, 2019 11:00 AM

Oct 2017
Shinobu Oshino because of donut addiction, also the arc where she and Koyomi go back in time is my favourite arc. Mayoi has the best songs, so she is a close second.

Sep 13, 2019 11:04 AM

Apr 2019
Senjougahara is the obvious choice, no one comes close

Sep 14, 2019 9:09 AM

Mar 2018
A show with MULTIPLE best girls.

Answer? easy. Kaiki
May 9, 2020 6:27 PM

Aug 2019
S: Senjougahara, Black Hanekawa, Kiss-shot, Ougi
A: Shinobu (loli), Tsukihi, Hachikuji, base Hanekawa
B: Karen, Yotsugi, Nadeko, Kanbaru with twintails, Kagenui
C: Kanbaru with short hair
D: Gaen
F: Nadeko with short hair

TBH all Monogatari girls are best girl (excluding Gaen) so it's hard to pick just 1. I chose Tsukihi because she's top tier waifu material and she's underrated AF. But overall Senjougahara, Shinobu, and Hanekawa are obviously the best.
May 10, 2020 5:44 AM

Nov 2019
Senjougahara, the realist girl whose straight-up upfront about everything. Her sarcasm makes her more alluring.
May 11, 2020 6:36 AM
Oct 2019
I like Tsubasa the best because her character arc is my favorite in the series.
Jun 19, 2020 9:36 PM
Apr 2020
BAKEMONOGATARI ONLY

Why Senjougahara's character truly elevated the overall quality of this specific entry in the Monogatari Series, through her interactions with Ararararagi Koyomi.

To fully understand the overall complexity and intricacy of Senjougahara's character and her part in the monogatari requires an indistinguishable amount of awareness and consideration. Not only is she one of the most original and iconic characters in the series but also boasts a huge deal of contribution to the plot, making her extremely favorable in the eyes of the author. To begin, a lot of the highlights from Bakemonogateri came personally from the interactions between Hitagi, and Koyomi, most of which was just knowledgeable banter. However with heavy contributions by studio Shaft, they were able to turn these scenes into more than just witty wordplay and truly became eye candy for the lot of us to see. This definitely came hand in hand with the fantastic writing by Nisio Isin, to give both these characters chances to bounce back of each other quite like the similar conversations between, Oregairu's Hikkigaya Hachiman and Yukinoshita Yukino. This occurrence is from what I have seen the pinnacle of character interaction and what every show should indeed strive for when writing conversations of such sorts. This is again helped by the other characters that appear in this entry as they too are shown to have acknowledged the relationship between these two. Characters like Hanekawa and Mayoi seem to know what is going on behind the scenes and have shown a deal of appreciation towards it. However I must give the honorable mention to Mayoi who's specific and unique character design and playful personality really played well with Ararararararagi's as their interactions during her introduction arc was both hilarious and wholesome, while subliming a darker tone through her deep backstory. In conclusion, Senjougahara carry.
Jun 19, 2020 10:24 PM

Oct 2019
I chose Suruga because one, I found her really attractive. Two, she's canonically bisexual, and if any of the girls were actually real, she's the one I would have the most chance with since I'm a girl(though I still would have no chance since I'm UGLY). Granted, I've only seen the first three or so parts of the show, so my choices are probably limited compared to others.
Jun 20, 2020 4:25 AM

Feb 2019
Nadeko, but I'm kinda biased because of Hanazawa Kana lol. I'd say Shinobu but she already gets enough love.

This show has a character for most people but I don't think there is an objective best girl as you suggest. We need a best boy thread though.
Jun 20, 2020 4:35 AM

Oct 2010
Why would you watch monogatari in timeline order? seems like the most stupid thing to do, well, it's your time.
I like Black Hanekawa the best, she is assertive and dominant, not a weak chick. And she looks great in her skimpy outfit, she has cat ears.
As for the rest, hitagi got boring after bake, hanekawa only has big boobs, nadeko is too emo, 3 are lolis, one is lesbian etc

CatalanoJun 20, 2020 4:40 AM
Jun 20, 2020 4:49 AM

May 2018
Senjougahara Hitagi. Even after her tragic past she has a very strong personality and always speaks her mind. She wants to understand other people, but because of her past , she is scared of forming bonds and trusting others. So it is overall very endearing to see her leave that fear behind and connect with the characters , notably with Araragi and Hanekawa.
Araragi's conversations with her are easily the best part of Bakemonogatari for me (Sadly the only part of the series where she has a lot of screen time.)
Yeah and she is cute. Like really cute. Plus she is legal
Shinobu comes real close. But nah.
I like Nadeko as a character too.
DomineLkiraJun 20, 2020 4:54 AM
Jun 20, 2020 8:33 AM

Oct 2018
D8cbeidnd7dne said:

Hanekawa has been my favorite female character since I started the series (I watched the serie in the timeline order by the way) and has become one of my favorite characters in general. She's probably the most underrated monogatari girl which is such a shame, to be honest. She's so hot and her design is objectively better than anyone in the serie and i really like her voice actress. I also like the kind of girls with glasses. The perfect waifu, basically
Ah, I see you are a fellow man of culture. My waifu from the monogatari series is also Hanekawa. She had my favorite Arc thus far through my first watching the monogatari series (Broadcast Order by the way and I'm only on monogatari series second season) apart from that she's hot in both black Hanekawa and white Hanekawa forms (Although I think I prefer her with her long hair though). She also just has a very nice and kind personality as white Hanekawa. So glad to see I'm not the only one you think she's best girl.
Jun 20, 2020 8:34 AM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
Nadeko because I like her manipulative hidden side, shes a cute little goddess during the 2nd season as well.
Jun 21, 2020 10:11 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
This thread has been moved to the correct sub-board.

"Anime/Manga specific threads should go into their respective sub-boards."
Jul 5, 2020 2:23 PM

Jun 2013
Its true Hitagi character traits makes the series entertaining,if someone else ended up the gf that might not happen,but true to say she is most certainly not the best girl,not even runners up in my book,most people like her because of her uniqueness,best girl material-nah
Jul 5, 2020 2:27 PM

Jun 2013
Yasuchan said:
Hitagi because her personality is simply astonishing and she's cute and hot at the same time. Oh, and also because I have a thing for tsunderes. Period.
She is not tsundere btw ,she pretends to be,yandere would be the right word
Jul 5, 2020 2:29 PM

Jun 2013
_Dusty_ said:
Mine's a tie between Hanekawa and Kanbaru too. I think Hanekawa's story is the most interesting and emotionally resonant out of all of them, and I love characters who can just dish out cool advice and sound smart, but I love Kanbaru's story as well, and she's way more fun to watch interact with the other characters. Hanekawa definitely gets points for sexiness though, especially after her makeover.
Hanakawa and shinobu best girl,why would anyone not love Hanekawa
Jul 5, 2020 2:31 PM

Jun 2013
cythraul said:
I will go with hanekawa. She's basically a yamato nadeshiko.
If we are talking about interactions with koyomi then my pick would be hachikuji, her stuttering is gold.
If we are talking about interactions with koyomi then my pick would be Shinobu
Jul 5, 2020 2:36 PM

Jun 2013
Graumann said:
I would consider Senjougahara as the best, while I consider Kanbaru as my favorite. Senjougahara is the more intriguing character but Kanbaru is the one I'd want to hang out with the most. She's a fellow lover of basketball and ecchi!
Honestly Hitagi isnt that much of an intriguing character,she gets way more love than she deserves
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Watch Order 2024?

GoCrayzee - Jan 27

26 by gauravb28 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

loghneckbeard - Jun 25, 2010

518 by wimpis »»
Apr 21, 6:15 AM

» Renai Circulation ost

DexterDrubo - Apr 19

5 by hsayal »»
Apr 21, 1:07 AM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 17, 2009

357 by kagamiiin »»
Apr 19, 7:06 AM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Sep 4, 2009

275 by artemis-cr »»
Apr 2, 5:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.